Don't have an account? Create one!

What was your first impression of MCR?

AuthorMessage
Pumpkin Peazy
Bulletproof Heart
Pumpkin Peazy
March 25th, 2007 at 03:18pm
My friend showed me a picture and I thought they looked creepy.... But I listened to Hang 'Em High and I thought they sounded like Queen (who I love) so I was like why not. And then I fell in love.
Chemical Addiction.
Awake and Unafraid
Chemical Addiction.
March 25th, 2007 at 04:11pm
the first thing i saw was the ino video a couple of years ago on the kerrang channel and i thought "why are they prancing around a school" lol but i liked the song so decided to check them out - bloody glad i did i couldn't live without them now
We All Fall Down
Fabulous Killjoy
We All Fall Down
March 25th, 2007 at 04:49pm
I saw Helena and was like: Surprised OMG they're good

and then I saw GOY premier and was like: Surprised OMG this video is AMAZING! and the singer has cool hair.

and then I didn't get Three Cheers until last year. It's funny, because I kept a bunch of their posters from those teenie magazines (that I don't buy anymore), simply because I knew I would like them if I got their CD, just from seeing their videos.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 25th, 2007 at 04:50pm
I hated them, I thought they were terrible...I thought they were posers who just promoted the whole idea of self-harm and emo.
Then I saw them live and found that I was very much mistaken, and it's only been up hill from there.
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
March 25th, 2007 at 05:11pm
Tomorrow_We_Die!:
i don't even remember....

I remember there being comercials for Three Cheers every five minutes. that kinda annoyed me but um...

"But the songs you grow to like never stick at first."

same here. I kept thinking it was some sort of a movie and since it played a lot i found it kinda of annoying. But when i actually saw the video of I'm not okay, i loved it and started listening to them.
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
March 25th, 2007 at 05:48pm
I actually didn't like them when I'm not okay came out but I think it wasn't my type of music back then, I like all music types now but when black parade came out I loved them and now I'm Not Okay is actually one of my favourite songs. Smile
ThenYouWin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ThenYouWin
March 25th, 2007 at 05:51pm
I've been disappointed with MTV for a long time and still avoiding it like the plague. I still managed to see the video for "Helena," though. Guess that's a testament to how huge these guys blew up. First thought, "Ugh! It's another one of those depressed vampire bands. " But they changed my mind and earned huge respect points from me.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 25th, 2007 at 06:13pm
i thought they were amazing so i asked for revenge that christmas...
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
March 25th, 2007 at 11:02pm
I don't know. It was just a passing 'huh, that sounds pretty good' when I heard 'The Ghost of You on the radio. Later the DJ was like, "My Chemical Romance" and I thought that was a really interesting name, so it stuck.

My obsession really kicked off when I saw the Helena video--I fell in love with it. I didn't find them creepy at all, and it didn't strike me that they were too gothic or vampire-y, but then again, I was yet about to grow out of my Anne Rice phase then, when everything gothic and vampire-y was pretty normal in my eyes.. And I thought Gerard was very attractive. I admired his beauty. XD
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
March 26th, 2007 at 12:26am
I saw the video for WTTBP and thought the song was weird but the costumes were cool. But its because MCR kept being shoved in my face all the time that I began to love them!
Sadistic Venom
Killjoy
Sadistic Venom
March 26th, 2007 at 09:39am
when i first saw MCR's pic... i was like '' dude, the guys look really weird... where the hell did you learn this band from?'' but then, i watched their video, I'm Not Okay and i was like "cool... this band's got a unique style...

at first i thought their songs are really creepy... because they're mainly about death... but now, MCR is the reason why i'm addicted to death...
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 26th, 2007 at 11:13am
I saw the Im Not Okay video.....I was like..."Hmmm....that one with the glasses is cute" I loved the song....and I was instantly hooked onto MCR
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 26th, 2007 at 01:52pm
i first heard them on the radio...head bangin within seconds...
rocket_steady
Killjoy
rocket_steady
March 26th, 2007 at 04:53pm
i thought Gerard's makeup was very frightening and i was basically too scared to really listen to them until Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge came out. now, i'm amazed how i could have not liked their music early on.
Boo?
Bleeding on the Floor
Boo?
March 26th, 2007 at 05:35pm
I saw them on a TV commersial this cristmas...I thougt Gerard looked scary, but when I saw the commersial a few times I figured out that I liked it Mr. Green
fuck_thats_good
Fabulous Killjoy
fuck_thats_good
March 26th, 2007 at 07:32pm
I firist seen my chem when the video for I'm not okay came out, and to tell you the truth i didn't like them at all, my firist impression was crap song, hot singer (my teenie momment) Very Happy. I started liking them from a friend i use to work with, we were into the same kinda music, he he couldn't believe that i didn't like them so he lent me the bullets cd and well 3 years later and i still have his cd. lol
eatme0990
Fabulous Killjoy
eatme0990
March 26th, 2007 at 08:34pm
The first song I heard was Headfirst for Halos and I remember thinking that I'd never heard anything like it. I was like...hmm...12ish...maybe 11...I can't do the math...And as I listened to more and more songs I grew more attached and I started getting into music like they played and I've never looked back since. haha...
I luv Frankadizzle
Jazz Hands
I luv Frankadizzle
March 26th, 2007 at 10:09pm
i never saw what they looked like i just heard their music
so it was this one afternoon and the im not okay video comes on and I looked at gerard and I'm like woah that girl is talented she could sing like a guy but then it took me ten minutres to relize gerard was a guy
Sorry gee >.< but i did fall in love with frank! and loved them ever since
hip like badass
Motor Baby
hip like badass
March 27th, 2007 at 08:35am
"My chemical romance...ungh..lame...Michael Jackson is like, the best..."

+ I always thought Gerard was fat.....
emergencypatientxx
Fabulous Killjoy
emergencypatientxx
March 27th, 2007 at 12:04pm
i hated them alot.
I was like 10 and I wanted to be just like my bigger sister
and she hated like the "post emo" and stuff.
So back then we were watching MTV and helena premired
and she was like "ew they suck! stupid emos"
so of course I was like "ew yeah!"
I hated them caues my sister did
then I got a bit independent so
i listened to them again and was like
"hey theyre not that bad..."
:]