Don't have an account? Create one!

What was your first impression of MCR?

AuthorMessage
RainbowConnection
Killjoy
RainbowConnection
March 1st, 2009 at 11:54am
Very first impression was from some of my friends who did nothing but ramble about MCR and Gerard, I thought, "Oh, it's one of those super popular yet really lame bands. I wont like it, probably too much like Panic! At the Disco."

(no offense to Panic lovers, lol)

Then I drew a picture of Gee as a gift for them, and decided that he was physically attractive, and then bought The Black Parade off of eBay just because XD
Don't Ignore Me
Killjoy
Don't Ignore Me
March 4th, 2009 at 11:30am
I was about ten or eleven and I was on youtube and I saw a Sims 2 version of Helena; I thought 'Hey, I've never heard of this song but wth...'
I've never liked any sort of chavvy music like dance or similar, but I watched this and thought 'Woah, suckish! This is freaking me out!" I thought My Chemical Romance was a stupid name for a band, because it was too long. I googled them and went on Wikipedia and Youtube and found out i was totally wrong!
Now I listen to all of their that songs I own every night (and that's a lot Smile)
Battery Diamond
Bleeding on the Floor
Battery Diamond
March 4th, 2009 at 04:40pm
They annoyed me at first but now I love them.
Pansy'sthename
Killjoy
Pansy'sthename
November 27th, 2009 at 04:17pm
My first impressions
Mikey: He was a geek (Now I love his glasses and I miss them)
Gerard: He was secretly a vampire (Sticking to that)
Frank: What a weirdo (I love him now)
Bob: I thought he was the only normal one( Still think that)
Ray: I could probably hide in his hair (No comment)
The music: Was way to loud and creepy lyricss (I remind you I only listened to pop crap then and now I listen to MCR all the time)
Don Juan Triumphant
Salute You in Your Grave
Don Juan Triumphant
November 28th, 2009 at 01:31pm
in 7th grade my friend was like obsessed with them, and she forced me to listen to thank you for the venom. i was like theyre ok, but not for me. then a few days later she made me listen to Helena, and that got me hooked. thats still my all time favorite song <3
my_ruthless_romance
Killjoy
my_ruthless_romance
November 29th, 2009 at 04:35am
In 5th grade I saw the music video for I'm Not Okay and was really mesmerized by these weird guys who dressed in black and wore makeup and kissed other guys (haha, Frank). The funny thing was that I had not been taught that men in makeup and men kissing was odd to everyone else, and I thought it was so cool. Then I brought it up to my sister and brother and they completely rejected it and I didn't know why. Yeah, then I found out that some people look down on that kind of thing. So I guess MCR kind of opened my mind.
Dear Tokyo...
Salute You in Your Grave
Dear Tokyo...
December 6th, 2009 at 03:16am
My first encounter with them when I was 10, I was like "Whoah, those dudes are hardcore" and then I completely forgot about them until 1 or 2 years later. When I saw them again I thought they were scary as heck. But I loved them anyway.
nervesplitter
Killjoy
nervesplitter
December 9th, 2009 at 08:24am
the singer cant sing
AvengedRomace
Fabulous Killjoy
AvengedRomace
December 9th, 2009 at 09:09am
I first say Helana when I was about nine, My sister had this wierd thing with Gerard and she told me sha had in her closet! O_O

so I got online and I have been hooked ever since! xD
greatestemokiduknow
Killjoy
greatestemokiduknow
December 10th, 2009 at 12:25pm
the first song i heard was mama then i listened to teenagers and i didnt really like them at first but once i did my research i liked the band more than the music then i just love all their songs and i have ever since
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
December 10th, 2009 at 04:45pm
"Ew."
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
December 11th, 2009 at 10:52am
whilst listening to the radio (thank you for the venom)
"FUCKING TUNE!!!"
Break Me Down
Fabulous Killjoy
Break Me Down
December 11th, 2009 at 04:50pm
I hated them, saying the dude couldn't sing and that their songs were confusing...
heh.
TheCupcakeIncident
Joining The Black Parade
TheCupcakeIncident
December 13th, 2009 at 06:48am
That they we completely different then any other band I had ever heard and then I eventualy fell in love. xD
Totale Finsternis
Jazz Hands
Totale Finsternis
December 22nd, 2009 at 09:36pm
i thought they were pure crap.
then, after hearing The Ghost of You for the 100th time, and on the urging of an old pal, i used a gift card from one of my aunts to purchase The Black Parade. i listened to the album, keeping in mind they were crappy. but it....just blew me away, on a positive note. then i ordered the rest of their albums, and that's history. then i saw pictures of them. and thought- "Self! They are not too bad looking. Me thinks I vill have a fun time with these boys."
rock_on4evur11
Killjoy
rock_on4evur11
December 29th, 2009 at 09:54pm
i found out about them by accident- fisrt song i heard was welcome to the black parade. it got me hooked... then i saw the helena video and they became my fave band since fall of 2008 i luve them cuz they first inspired me. they r my heroes
chelz616
Killjoy
chelz616
January 31st, 2010 at 10:17pm
i saw them on discover and download and i didn't like im not okay. and then i saw the helena video a while after that and i loved the song in secrecy. I kinda forgot about it and then my friend told me to listen to them. she gave me their cd and she told me i would probably like them. At first i was like no way...then i watched LOTMS and fell in love. the rest is history i guess
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
February 3rd, 2010 at 03:21pm
I read their name somewhere and assumed that they were some kind of metal band. Then I heard the intro to WTTBP and thought it sounded really interesting so I kept listening to the song and I liked it.
mikey effin way
Killjoy
mikey effin way
February 4th, 2010 at 11:24am
Before I actually listned to them I though they were this creepy emo band. Now I think the exact oposite.
Geetard Way
Fabulous Killjoy
Geetard Way
March 11th, 2010 at 11:39pm
Frea-kin awe-some. From the first time I saw WTTBP on tv, I've loved them.