Don't have an account? Create one!

What was your first impression of MCR?

AuthorMessage
peas and eggs
Fabulous Killjoy
peas and eggs
March 27th, 2007 at 04:22pm
the first time i heard about them was when i was a prep and really not happy or no self confidence, then i heard from my friend, who is obsessed with them. i thought they were all goth and really bad sounding, and she played them everday. then one day i was like, what the hell, and i watched INO.i fell in love with them, and they totally spun my life around. all my friends thought i was nuts when i told them i liked them, but i totally ignored them. no longer preppy, punkish edge to me, and now i hate preps. its all thanks to my good friend lol
by the way, im not some poser person who pretends to like them, i love all their songs, and all of them =]
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
March 27th, 2007 at 05:01pm
Me after a few seconds...
Im nooooot oooookayyy.
Gunslinger
Jazz Hands
Gunslinger
March 27th, 2007 at 05:11pm
the first time i saw them was in the honey, this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us video. i thought the video was fucked up and the band was scary. then i saw helena and thought they were scary then too.
MisfitMandi.
Motor Baby
MisfitMandi.
March 27th, 2007 at 10:00pm
After i heard Helena on the radio i searched for the music video on the internet. At first i thought they were pretty cool and i thought Gerard was super cute. After a while i fell in love with them. Smile
the narrator.
Salute You in Your Grave
the narrator.
March 27th, 2007 at 10:22pm
The first time I saw them was in Ghost of You, so my opinions were a little off. The first time I saw a real picture of them was...like an old pic of Gerard when he had long black hair.

Needless to say my first impression is he was hot. ><

Im female people. ANYWAY. The band seemed just my type.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
March 28th, 2007 at 02:19am
I thought they were really cool
but I was kind of scared of Gerard's make-up XD
Buried Wreckage.
Demolition Lover
Buried Wreckage.
March 28th, 2007 at 02:23am
I thought they were creepy my cousins liked them alot and they showed me pictures of them I hadn't ever heard of them.
pinklemonsyum
Killjoy
pinklemonsyum
March 28th, 2007 at 02:55am
First time i saw the video for INO i thought Frank was Jake Gyllenhaal (sp?) LOL.

And I was kinda anti-goth/punk/emo so I didn't give em a chance until i saw the Ghost of you video at the VMAs. I was like, ew who are these losers getting out of a bank truck....the song is pretty cool though (and that dude (Gerard) was kinda cute).

So I downloaded some songs, especially The Jetset Life, and I googled the band and realized how amazing they were as people and musicians so I was stuck. They really opened me up to alot more music genres and Jetset is still my favorite song. Smile
kellie
Killjoy
kellie
March 28th, 2007 at 04:39am
I just thought what a fucking great band!!!! I just fell in love with the Helena vid!
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
March 28th, 2007 at 07:02am
the first time i saw the INO video, i actually thought it was a trailer for an actual movie but then i realised it was a video clip. still wasnt really into them.
then i saw the helena clip and i remembered who they were from 'that movie trailer clip' and i was intrigued by them. i think it was mostly gerard and his facial expressions that made me want to watch the whole clip and then i actually listened to the song and the next day, without even realising it, i just randomy started singing helena lol.
then i brought 3 cheers and i've loved them ever since.

i didnt even find them scary at all lol.
and to be perfectly honest...i thought gerard was kinda cute. BUT THATS TOTALLY NOT WHY I STARTED LOVING THEM so stfu.
char
Killjoy
char
March 28th, 2007 at 07:24am
I hated them LOL.
I thought INO was over-played.

Then I heard the IBYMB, YBMYL album and fell in love.

haha...
AngelFromMyNightmare
Thinking Happy Thoughts
AngelFromMyNightmare
March 28th, 2007 at 11:39am
My first impression was "that lead singer guy wears too much eye make-up." I am now ashamed of that thought!
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
March 28th, 2007 at 04:25pm
i saw one of their vidz on teh telly..and was like..ooo that sounds quite good..and then brought their album..and put it on...and it was just like..

ooooooooh..my god...how fucking awesome...

at the first song...and..loved them pretty much straight away
hoppy.
In The Murder Scene
hoppy.
March 30th, 2007 at 02:26am
Very different!
But they had a danger I liked...
I saw I'm Not Okay first and I was like, "Wow these guys are flipping amazing!"
Although I still thought they were a strange-makeup-wearing group I wanted to learn more about them
I did that, and now, I'm absolutely in love with their music
zero mechanism.
Salute You in Your Grave
zero mechanism.
March 30th, 2007 at 08:12am
My friend Brendan wouldn't stop wearing a Revenge t-shirt in grade four.
I remember thinking "How the hell can a band be so good that you wear their shirt everyday?!"
My Famous Genocide
Killjoy
My Famous Genocide
March 30th, 2007 at 08:24am
I don't really remember.
I guess my first impression was good though. Since I've heard them ever since I heard them the first time.
alliebot.
Killjoy
alliebot.
March 31st, 2007 at 04:04pm
I first heard it at school while listening to a friend's iPod, it was WTTBP and I didn't get to hear the whole song, so I got home and looked it up on YouTube. I liked the song but wasn't really into it, then I started listening to them more and more about a week ago and now I'm a full blown fan. ^_^ -nodnod-
Dude...Potatoes
Salute You in Your Grave
Dude...Potatoes
March 31st, 2007 at 04:19pm
when i first saw helana i thought gee was a girl
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
March 31st, 2007 at 04:26pm
i first herd MCR, like 3 or 4 years ago (probably 3) when my cousin Alyssa brought over the Three Cheers CD. i was like "oh my gawd, WHY didn't i know of these peole!?" then she showed me the Helena music vid and she's like, "gerards hot, isnt he?" my thoughts exactly. Very Happy
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
March 31st, 2007 at 08:33pm
i was like woah, these dudes are cool!

yeah, i seriously underestimated them. Smile