Don't have an account? Create one!

What was your first impression of MCR?

AuthorMessage
Buckets
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Buckets
March 31st, 2007 at 11:12pm
First time I saw them was about two years ago. I saw the Helena video and I thought it was weird and it kinda scared me. And then I called my sister stupid for liking them ( I judged them before i knew them ). But then my dad bought The Black Parade and I fucking loved them!!! Then I started researching them more and got a copy of Revenge and bought Bullets and LOTMS and they are incredible!! haha I know I'm obsessed, but I can't help it. :]

page claim! I call it Helena, because it was the first MCR vid I saw.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 1st, 2007 at 08:55am
I thought they were cool when I saw the black parade video. I kept thinking Gerard is a bishonen which I still think he is! Very Happy (Bishonen is the term used in Japan that means "Beautiful young man"Wink but just today my 7 year old cousin saw it and said they were gay. I don't even know how a child could say such a thing. I actually got abit annoyed that I didn't let her play Super Smash Bros on the Gamecube. Or maybe I was too harsh...
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 1st, 2007 at 11:07am
well, my first impression was (no offense) their songs are weird! but when i listened to the song THE GHOST OF YOU.... (since 2003) i fell in love!! ^_^ then i fell in love with all of there songs...

rumored nights.
Salute You in Your Grave
rumored nights.
April 1st, 2007 at 11:50am
When I heard Helena for the first time, I thought they were really cool sounding and Gerard and Mikey were kinda creepy...lol
Then I heard Ghost of You and I was addicted to that song for months. I had a disk, with only that song on it...

Then I heard Welcome To The Black Parade then me and my mom bought the CD and I've completely loved them since. XD
Happy Ending
Jazz Hands
Happy Ending
April 1st, 2007 at 12:56pm
my mates told me about them ad i thought they were 'dutty greebos'
then im not okay was all about and now i can't go a day without listin to them
:]
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
April 1st, 2007 at 12:58pm
My first impression was wow they must not go in the sun much. lmao. That was about 2 years ago.
Gerard's sister
Killjoy
Gerard's sister
April 2nd, 2007 at 02:04am
Starless Eyes.:
First time I saw them was about two years ago. I saw the Helena video and I thought it was weird and it kinda scared me. And then I called my sister stupid for liking them ( I judged them before i knew them ). But then my dad bought The Black Parade and I fucking loved them!!! Then I started researching them more and got a copy of Revenge and bought Bullets and LOTMS and they are incredible!! haha I know I'm obsessed, but I can't help it. :]

page claim! I call it Helena, because it was the first MCR vid I saw.

it's so great that your sister and your dad love 'em too!!! my parents don't. my mom said they were bloody and scary when she saw LOTMS. i hate it so much when they're like that.
my first impression was when i first watched Helena. it was when i was watching MTV. i was knocked down on the sofa, LITERALLY. i was stunned, it suddenly really took my breath away.
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
April 2nd, 2007 at 04:11am
*Flashback*

Me: *turns on TV, Sees Helena

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Me: GEESUS! That singer is so hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xMyFamousLastWordsx
Killjoy
xMyFamousLastWordsx
April 2nd, 2007 at 08:47am
Like a two years ago I saw Ghost of you on MTV, and that's when I was still a naive nerd, so I was really freaked out by the part of Mikey dying. So I thought the band is just a scary, rock band.
But now, since I'm "emo" (according to my friends) I love them!
Skittle Bitch
Jazz Hands
Skittle Bitch
April 3rd, 2007 at 04:59pm
at first i hated mcr with a burning passion. this was when i had heard im not okay and helena -- teh only two songs i heard and i hated them. i also thought gerard had greasy hair and was on drugs lol. it annoyed me that frank looked like david desrosiers (the bassist from simple plan) in the im not okay video cuz i thought he was david at first...then i was like ew its my chemical romance lol. yea but then this year my friend had me listen to welcome to the black parade and i was like hey this is good so she burned me a cd of the songs she had. i eventually bought TBP and glad i did, because i like im not okay, helena, and TBP now. =)

and i just bought three cheers for sweet revenge and i brought you my bullets, you brought me your love today and glad i did =D
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:00pm
When I first saw them, I was like, ew, that guy [Gerard] needs a shower.
Then when I heard their music shortly after that, I was like "WOW. That was amazinggggg<3"
And it made me forget about the shower comment until now, come to think of it.
Haha.
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:03pm
frank's sister:
well, my first impression was (no offense) their songs are weird! but when i listened to the song THE GHOST OF YOU.... (since 2003) i fell in love!! ^_^ then i fell in love with all of there songs...

http://cdn-66.cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users13/helenaway1988/default/msg-116535763359.jpg

Ghost Of You was released in 2005.

Wow. What a long-term and dedicated fan you are.

-_-
AVENGE ME.
Joining The Black Parade
AVENGE ME.
April 4th, 2007 at 10:41am
when i first heard them i couldnt believe
my ears. i thought they were amazing and
i thought they looked cool. they looked different
to me like no band i had ever seen before and
i liked it! it was love at first site. Very Happy
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 5th, 2007 at 09:40am
Yeah, thats true! I never seen a band quite like them. I thought they were very unique and colourful!!!
Starbucks.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Starbucks.
April 5th, 2007 at 10:58am
When I first saw the Helena video, I was, like, "cool, a video with a dancing dead person."
Then I listened to the music and I liked loved it.

Very Happy
EarlySunsets
Bleeding on the Floor
EarlySunsets
April 5th, 2007 at 11:46am

Well, the first thing that came to my mind was: Wow. This is different from everything I've ever heard. And I love it!
I think the first song I ever heard was Demolition Lovers.
Renesmee
Salute You in Your Grave
Renesmee
April 5th, 2007 at 09:21pm
When I first heart them I thought they weren't my type, but then I really started to like them. I didn't think i would ever like them as much as I do now.
Sin D
Fabulous Killjoy
Sin D
April 6th, 2007 at 12:05am
Dunno they were really the first rock band I ever listened to....before that I liked pop music >< Man now that I think of it....I'm happy that MCR Excist no i'm overly obsessed
Bayonetta.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bayonetta.
April 6th, 2007 at 01:54am
I heard them for the first time when i crossed over to highschool. I had no friends and was going through a really tough time.
Anyway i live in Aus and since we are kinda retarded, everyone was like "MCR? Wtf, mate?"
I heard the name before and thought it sounded cool. My bro found the Helena filmclip on the net and my first impression was that this was something worth watching. I never thought they were emo because i get labelled that all the time and it pisses me off. Anyways by the time it was over i was in awe. I seriously couldn't move and i sat there trying to absorb all that emotion in that filmclip.
Bayonetta.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bayonetta.
April 6th, 2007 at 01:57am
Ignore the double post.