Don't have an account? Create one!

What was your first impression of MCR?

AuthorMessage
Sally Stitches.
Awake and Unafraid
Sally Stitches.
April 7th, 2007 at 02:51am
"My Chemical Romance? They suck. I don't know why everyone loves them so much. See, all they do is sing and pretend to be in some army."

-One Month Later-

*Drools*
"Helena...."
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 7th, 2007 at 02:53am

"They are so try-hards, you know the guy with the fro? Try hard rock with the headbanging"

Now : MCR?! DONT DISS RAY!!!! HES THE BEST GUITAR PLAYER YOU WILL EVER MEET!!!!!
Ragdoll_Physics
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Ragdoll_Physics
April 7th, 2007 at 03:47am
The first time I saw MCR was on TRL they played the Helena video and i kind of just ignored it cause i thought they were just like all the other bands on TRL they didn't scare me and i didn't think they were weird or anything like alot of people are saying i just thought they wore make-up and had there video at a funeral because thats somthing that would sell because the whole "emo" thing i know mcr arent emo at all but then i thought they were trying to be that way cause that sells these days.I didn't even know that the song was about Mikey/Gerards grandmas death i found that out like a year after i saw the video the first time.After that i started to think about them more and thought that mabye there band meant more to them then just doing whatver makes money.At that time i only had basic cable and no internet so i didn't get to see any of there other videos or anything.Eventually i got directv so i got better chanels that showed better music then mtv does and i got to see there other videos and started to like them more and more so when the black parade came out i decided to buy it to check it out and i liked it so i decided to buy there other albums and over time i began to love all the albums Very Happy And now i'm on the internet almost every day learning more about them and now there my favorite band! i'm shure i'll be a fan for life Smile THE END
Olga_Sleep
Joining The Black Parade
Olga_Sleep
April 7th, 2007 at 04:28am
He-he......it was tremendous.....It was Helena, and i was blowed away after that video....LOL.....
mostly human
Always Born a Crime
mostly human
April 7th, 2007 at 09:09am
"dude the guy thats singing looks dead!!! O.O........." amnd in the GOY vid " pfft even i can die better than that!"

one months later:

"HOLY FRIKKEN SHIT DONT YOU DISS MCR!!!THEYRE THE BEST BAND EVER!"
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
April 7th, 2007 at 09:34am
I first saw them in Helena, I was like "yeah they're okay, but I don't have time to get into a new band right now...."

Then I listened to Cemetary Drive and I thought
"Fuck Blink 182, they own ALL"
Nia_Black
Always Born a Crime
Nia_Black
April 7th, 2007 at 02:53pm
First impression: Very Happy Crying or Very sad Very Happy Crying or Very sad Very Happy Crying or Very sad Very Happy
Seriously. It made me go emo. But now it just makes me smile. Also thought Gerard was hot *hides face in embarrassment* but I'm over that now. Thank goodness!
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
April 7th, 2007 at 03:02pm
When I saw Helena once on tv, i even didn't watch the vid 10 seconds but i just went to another channel.
Now, my life is MCR, MCR, MCR!
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
April 7th, 2007 at 04:04pm
OK my very first impression was when i saw the video WTTBP, when I heard it playing on a radio at work I said to my friend "have you seen the guy who sings this song?, he has a beautiful face." , she said "Oh you mean Gerard Way, you should check out a video called 'I'm not OK". So I did and was blown away by it, I starting watching some of their other stuff on Youtube too and fell in love with Gost of You and Helena as well, I went out and bought Three Cheers and loved it to death. I got a copy of Bullets soon after that, which was also amazing, and then of lastly got The Black Parade.

It's wierd 'cos even though I'm a really new fan I fell for their old stuff first before moving onto TBP, and I have to say I've never loved another band as much as I love this lot! I knew just had to see them play live but when I went to their site was gutted to find the UK tour was sold out and felt real miserable! I thought "Oh well guess I'll have to wait 'til they do another tour sometime."

Then something happened that a profound effect on me, my dog Rosie died suddenly on Valentines Day, (she was 15, so pretty old),as she was having a heart attack in my arms , I could see it in her eyes that she was dying and I kinda freaked out. But at that momment I just realised that one minute we're here and literally two minutes later we might not be, life is short and the clock's ticking right now! I just thought "Fuck waiting for another tour, I've gotta get to this one, I might not be around for the next!", so went on Ebay two hours after Rosie's death and paid through the nose for tickets I couldn't really afford, but shit, I had a night I'll remeber 'till my dying day, and that's priceless!
Khrist
Banned
Khrist
April 7th, 2007 at 04:09pm
Hmm... I was all "Oh hey cooll... I need to buy a bullet proof vest... they look neat."

that and... "WOah... kick ass music."
Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
April 7th, 2007 at 04:11pm
Well I used to only listen to christian music(That I now despise it, not cause it's christian but because the bands I was listening to were like pop and crappy rock), so for a while I made fun of my brother for liking mcr and stuff because I thought it was emo and stupid(gasp). Then I started to like bands like them, and so I decided I'd listen to the few songs my brother had of them on my dad's computer. So like I loved those 5 or 6 songs and listened to them all the time and then I just adored them, so then I started buying their CDs(except TBP, my mom noticed the parental advisory and told me no T-T). So yeah, thank God for my seemingly useless brother. Very Happy
X_Broken_X
Killjoy
X_Broken_X
April 7th, 2007 at 05:08pm
When I first saw them I was watching Helena and Gerard does his creepy (but cute) facial expression I imediatley turned the T.V off but I was already emo...a few days later it was on the radio and i was all "this was on that creepy video,but this song rules" and I tuned in to there awsomeness...Thank you.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
April 7th, 2007 at 05:29pm
"They look... sad..."
living is easy
Bleeding on the Floor
living is easy
April 7th, 2007 at 05:44pm
I thought they were really weird...but I liked the sound. Then...I liked both the band and the music.
Leo
Awake and Unafraid
Leo
April 9th, 2007 at 01:10pm
when my best friend michael showed me the helena video(the very first song i heard) i thought they were cool...and i burned a cd with only 2 mcr songs(helena, and welcome to the black parade) but now i have all cds and including Life on the murder scene!! but i did turn emo from listening to them....which im proud of
frankismyhomefry
Killjoy
frankismyhomefry
April 9th, 2007 at 01:33pm
I first saw thier helena video, and i was like "WOW!"
No seriously thats what i said
Riff Raff
Killjoy
Riff Raff
April 9th, 2007 at 02:33pm
My first impression of MCR was,"These dudes are goth.Why does my older
sister like them?"
HU4L
Jazz Hands
HU4L
April 9th, 2007 at 02:45pm
Me:"Damn their hott!"
my mom: "the lead singer is hott"(when gerard was blonde)

a month later I own all CD's and 3 shirts and life on the murder scene

me:"I wish gerard had black hair"
my mom:"gerard is ugly with long black hair. I like it blonde"
me: *sighs*
LaughingToLeave
Jazz Hands
LaughingToLeave
April 9th, 2007 at 04:40pm
I heard I'm not okay on local radio station.I was in love as soon as Gerard said 'Well' ... if u wanted honesty...
And now, I spent all day listening to their songs.
Gerard is God
Frankie is God
Mickey is God
Bob is God
Ray is God
The Ush
Killjoy
The Ush
April 9th, 2007 at 04:57pm
The first song I've heard of them was Thank you for the venom on cd mix my friend gave me for 13th birthday

My mom: this song is so hardcore...
me: c'mon, it's awsome!
My mom: yeah?
me: yeaaah!

well, whatever xD