Don't have an account? Create one!

Voice.

AuthorMessage
City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
April 1st, 2008 at 05:11pm
Ryan Ross.:
Well, yeah, I think i'm getting better. It was breathing that was my problem. Thanks for the tips,
and oh, the other person that helped me, I have no idea what soprano, alto etc etc mean.
I was in a choir, but it never got mentioned.
I can't have vocal lessons, because, well, I don't want to get into it.
I don't drink or smoke.
But yeah, soprano? What does it mean please?

No problem.
And soprano, alto, etc. is just the classification that your voice goes under.
Like, for me, I'm first soprano, meaning my voice goes very high.
As for someone else, they could be alto, going low.
There's first and second soprano, alto, tenor, bass.
I'm not sure if there was one in between. It's a little foggy as of right now.
But yeah, that's all it is, is just to classify your voice.
But it depends on how good you are at depicting it... some people aren't.
If you need any help, or have further questions, just ask me.
Good luck with singing.
I hope you progress to be amazingly great at it.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 1st, 2008 at 08:22pm
Ryan Ross.:
Well, yeah, I think i'm getting better. It was breathing that was my problem. Thanks for the tips,
and oh, the other person that helped me, I have no idea what soprano, alto etc etc mean.
I don't drink or smoke.

well "Ryan" you don't necessarily have to reach soprano, i just say that, what i really want to say is that i want you to let me know when you can reach very high notes by your practice, well actually that all depends, that's only if you have a thin, womanly high tone of voice, just let me know and hey don't worry, i have breathing problems too. c ya
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 1st, 2008 at 08:34pm
The Fatality.:
Hmm... I want to know how to say, "yell sing" like the singers in the bands Funeral For A Friwnd, My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, 30 Seconds To Mars, and such. When ever i try to yell like that, I can't hit a note I want to. I want to know how to sing like those guys.
well, i think i know what you mean, i learned that sometimes you just can't go that high, but i can reach pretty much that point though i'm a baritone (lower than tenor, higher than bass) and well i think the only thing i can say is, practice "I don't love you" very much but at the original tone, don't go higher. After that, drink water at room temperature ['cause you're gonna feel a little irritated] and then try to tune yourself up with a well tuned instrument, at high notes. and well you just keep that up, but please be serious when doing this, 'cause if you're not you won't do anything. c ya around
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 1st, 2008 at 08:39pm
City Lights.:
Ryan Ross.:
I don't drink or smoke.

No problem.
And soprano, alto, etc. is just the classification that your voice goes under.
Like, for me, I'm first soprano, meaning my voice goes very high.
As for someone else, they could be alto, going low.
There's first and second soprano, alto, tenor, bass.
I'm not sure if there was one in between. It's a little foggy as of right now.
But yeah, that's all it is, is just to classify your voice.
But it depends on how good you are at depicting it... some people aren't.
If you need any help, or have further questions, just ask me.
Good luck with singing.
I hope you progress to be amazingly great at it.
well, i'll help ya , but not every one of these are classified in the human voice, some are just possible by instrument:

sopranino
1st soprano
2nd soprano
alto
1st tenor
2nd tenor
baritone
bass
contrabass

i think those are all. ;]
arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
April 2nd, 2008 at 08:12am
Thank you!
That's really amazing of you guys to help me out.

x

Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 3rd, 2008 at 07:36pm
Ryan Ross.:
Thank you!
That's really amazing of you guys to help me out.

x

hey, it's our job. Cool
Black Presicion
Killjoy
Black Presicion
April 8th, 2008 at 06:30pm
I sing and play guitar. I've been singing since...I don't know, 3rd grade probably when I joined chorus. I don't do chorus anymore in middle school but I still sing...when no one's around.

I've been playing guitar since sometime late last year...maybe after september last year I really don't know. I've gotten a lot better and still improving!

I have a question: how do you make your voice more powerful and stronger? Because my voice is weak. I mean, it's gotten a little bit more powerful and stronger. You know, I can reach all the high notes and stuff when I sing softly and it sounds really nice softly. But when I just sing regularly, my voice isn't as good and I can't reach much high notes at all. So...help?

And my biffle has a problem: she can't play guitar in front of people (even me) without getting nervous or for some reason messing up. She says she can do it alone but for some reason she can't in front of someone.
City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
April 9th, 2008 at 10:02pm
Black Presicion:
I sing and play guitar. I've been singing since...I don't know, 3rd grade probably when I joined chorus. I don't do chorus anymore in middle school but I still sing...when no one's around.

I've been playing guitar since sometime late last year...maybe after september last year I really don't know. I've gotten a lot better and still improving!

I have a question: how do you make your voice more powerful and stronger? Because my voice is weak. I mean, it's gotten a little bit more powerful and stronger. You know, I can reach all the high notes and stuff when I sing softly and it sounds really nice softly. But when I just sing regularly, my voice isn't as good and I can't reach much high notes at all. So...help?

And my biffle has a problem: she can't play guitar in front of people (even me) without getting nervous or for some reason messing up. She says she can do it alone but for some reason she can't in front of someone.

First issue to tackle. You:

Practicepracticepractice.
I know it sounds annoying to hear over and over again,
but that's what singing and improving is about.
When I started, I couldn't reach above low second soprano without cracking.
Now I'm top first soprano in the academy/choir.
Practice gets you far. It really does.
As for getting stronger, you've got to work your stomach into it, for breathing, if you haven't.
That's the main thing with that... and it sucks, but:
No support= no strong/high notes.
You learn that the hard way if you get it, and then don't do it the next time.
So, proper breathing through the stomach, not the chest, and hold it out there, and just BELT it.
Even if you crack, just do it again and again, but carefully, and you'll get there.

Your friend: I had the same problem.. Just, with singing.
It's just nerves... everyone has them.
You just have to learn to conquer them.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 10th, 2008 at 05:59pm
City Lights.:
Black Presicion:

First issue to tackle. You:

Practicepracticepractice.
I know it sounds annoying to hear over and over again,
but that's what singing and improving is about.
When I started, I couldn't reach above low second soprano without cracking.
Now I'm top first soprano in the academy/choir.
Practice gets you far. It really does.
As for getting stronger, you've got to work your stomach into it, for breathing, if you haven't.
That's the main thing with that... and it sucks, but:
No support= no strong/high notes.
You learn that the hard way if you get it, and then don't do it the next time.
So, proper breathing through the stomach, not the chest, and hold it out there, and just BELT it.
Even if you crack, just do it again and again, but carefully, and you'll get there.

Your friend: I had the same problem.. Just, with singing.
It's just nerves... everyone has them.
You just have to learn to conquer them.
i would like to add somethin' to that, yeah uhh, when you're singing, don't mess with songs, just sing with all your might and power WITHOUT going extremely high or heating it (scratching it) . For power you can try this exercise i practice, you just lay down in your bed and put about...2 or 3 books (that are 3 or 4 inches high)on the upper side of your stomach and breath in, wait 10 seconds, then release the air and don't it again and again for about an hour.After training with this exercise for a month, try it with 15 seconds(the breathing) and so on, i tell you, it has worked with my voice power, but it only works if you breath with your stomach [you'll know when the books go up and down]. Well hope i've helped
Black Presicion
Killjoy
Black Presicion
April 10th, 2008 at 06:29pm
Thanks guys, I'll use your advice
emokay7
Killjoy
emokay7
April 11th, 2008 at 08:28am
Singing, eh? i want to be lead in a band, but i dont know nE1 close to hav as members. DAMMIT!!
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
April 19th, 2008 at 05:49am
i've been a member of our school choir for... not so long... maybe 3 years?
yeah
and i've gone from alto 1 - soprano 2 - alto 1 - then now I'm in alto 2 >.<
but it's fine haha i think i'm doing well with it, i think haha
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
April 19th, 2008 at 08:16am
People find it funny that I'm soprano, but I really sound and can sing like a guy.

Like Brendon's "Lying is the Most Fun" lowest note guy. O_O

I've been in chorale for pretty long, I think. Ever since it started. Tehe which is... okay, maybe not so long ago.
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
April 22nd, 2008 at 06:52pm
A lot of my friends say that I have a good voice, but since I can't really hear myself, I don't know if they're telling the truth. What should I do? Should I record myself singing and listen to it so I know what to do?
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
April 24th, 2008 at 09:41pm
I honestly can't sing for my life. xD
When ever I try to go to high note, the note sounds flat, and I've been told that I'm breathy (Tis true!).
I really want to quit chorus, so I can take Music History/Theory instead. But, unfortunately for me, and the chorus I'll be in next year, it's a family tradition to be in chorus, so i can't quit.
>.<
City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
April 24th, 2008 at 10:35pm
Mary Shaw:
I honestly can't sing for my life. xD
When ever I try to go to high note, the note sounds flat, and I've been told that I'm breathy (Tis true!).
I really want to quit chorus, so I can take Music History/Theory instead. But, unfortunately for me, and the chorus I'll be in next year, it's a family tradition to be in chorus, so i can't quit.
>.<
That's unfortunate..
Have you tried asking and explaining you don't want to take it?
And if you still have to... support, like, mad.
It'll help you hit it.
Just make sure you hold it there, and you'll be sailing through your high notes.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
April 27th, 2008 at 01:20am
I used to sing in middle school, I just started again mostly out of necessity...I want to start playing/recording music, and I don't have someone to sing for me.

My voice is still pretty weak but I'm working on it I guess. Unusually low for a girl though.

malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
April 27th, 2008 at 02:32am
I sing in my school choir.
I'm an alto. Smiley
City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
May 4th, 2008 at 12:39pm
Now I'd like to request a little help... please?
Anything to do with actions.
I have a performance coming up on Thursday, and I'm a little wary as to
what actions I should you to accentuate the words,
and make the song into a full story..
And express the emotion in it, and whatnot.
Anything?
linerlover
Killjoy
linerlover
May 7th, 2008 at 03:33pm
Jealous Orchard.:
People find it funny that I'm soprano, but I really sound and can sing like a guy.

Like Brendon's "Lying is the Most Fun" lowest note guy. O_O

I've been in chorale for pretty long, I think. Ever since it started. Tehe which is... okay, maybe not so long ago.

i know what you mean... the songs i cover are always lower, so everyone is surprised that i can sing high too.
i actually take singing lessons at school, so i get a lot of help with breathing, but my teacher never works on the lower section of my voice, so i do it myself. everywhere. =]

although in any recordings of my voice, people always think im a guy, unless they know me. i sound kinda like my brother, but i can go higher if i try.