Don't have an account? Create one!

Voice.

AuthorMessage
Jacey Rae
Jazz Hands
Jacey Rae
May 26th, 2007 at 01:33pm
And as it goes for warm-up, sing like a short song like the chorale. And you do scales.
Nick Jonas.
Bleeding on the Floor
Nick Jonas.
May 26th, 2007 at 04:39pm
Apparently im a good singer. But i think thats a load of bull.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
May 26th, 2007 at 08:16pm
My band needs a singer , and my voice is the lowest in the group (we're twelve), but I'm not a good singer. I don't wanna take lessons or anything cause I'm probably not gonna be permanent, so any tips to help me sing better?
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
May 27th, 2007 at 12:51am
^^Just find songs that are deep and sing them! I've got a deep voice - for a girl. So I just sing lower songs - Cancer, House of Wolves, Teenagers, Famous Last Words, You Know What They do to Guys Like us in Prison, Thank You For The Venom. Stuff like that! Eskimo Joe is good for deep songs too.

But if the songs are already for a different type of voice just change the note that you start on. Instead of starting on an E or something, change it to a C. If you know what I mean!

Good Luck!
lithium_poetry
Killjoy
lithium_poetry
May 28th, 2007 at 10:53am
I'm a singer...I sing soprano in my choir at school, and next year in college I'll be continuing with music as well. I really want to sing in a band someday. In chorus we just finished our last performance of "Schubert's Mass in G" which was a lot of fun. It's about half an hour long, and we worked on it FOREVER. We performed it twice.

Some of my favorite songs to sing (on my own) are pretty much anything by Evanescence, especially "Lithium," "Sweet Sacrifice," "The Last Song I'm Wasting on You," and "Weight of the World."

Others:
"Orestes"-A Perfect Circle
"Smells Like Teen Spirit"-Nirvana
"I'm Sorry"-Flyleaf
"Linger"-Epica
"Run for a Fall"-Epica
"Quietus"-Epica
"Comalies"-Lacuna Coil

There's a lot more, but I won't post them all here.
transatlanticism.
In The Murder Scene
transatlanticism.
May 29th, 2007 at 03:02pm
See, I've never sang in front of anyone before..maybe my sister, she says I'm good. I think my voice is o.k.. I'd like to improve, and the band I'm in needs a singer..but I don't know if I'd have the guts. Goddamit.
City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
May 29th, 2007 at 09:32pm
A voice forum!
Haha. Okay...
I'll stop now.
But I've been looking for this.
I've been singing at a vocal academy for almost two years now, and I'm going to learn from two completely different teachers starting September.
I sing basically any genre, especially classical, pop, rock, and broadway opera.
Classical, I branch out more into.. I've done Italian and Latin classical.
Broadway opera strictly consists of Phantom Of The Opera.
And yeah...
I sang in a band for a few weeks before dropping out, and I have an upcoming performance which I'm doing a duet in.
Myself and my friend Gabriella, who usually sings in French. We're doing a duet of Angel Of Music from Phantom Of The Opera.
Anyways..
Yes, that's what I do. =]

-TCD
Boo?
Bleeding on the Floor
Boo?
May 30th, 2007 at 12:08pm
I sing in a choir, and in my band I'm backup vocals Mr. Green
Schrei
Motor Baby
Schrei
May 30th, 2007 at 05:30pm
Livi:
See, I've never sang in front of anyone before..maybe my sister, she says I'm good. I think my voice is o.k.. I'd like to improve, and the band I'm in needs a singer..but I don't know if I'd have the guts. Goddamit.

pretend everyone ur singing to is in their underwear so then even if u screw up theyre the ones wearing only underwear
City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
May 30th, 2007 at 08:56pm
Livi:
I don't have much advice to offer, because I have the same problem, but:
I ran into the same problem when I first sang...
If you get nervous, just try to block everyone else, or convince yourself that they won't judge you if you mess up, because they won't.
Sure, if it's major, then they will, but they won't notice it that much, and they'll understand.
They'll be clapping for you all the same at the end.
So just relax, if you ever get the chance to sing in front of a crowd.
Quiet.Song.13
Fabulous Killjoy
Quiet.Song.13
June 2nd, 2007 at 09:20pm
I've wanted to be a singer ever since... I can remember, I suppose...
I'm in choir now, and I have the lowest voice out of all the girls.. and I'm only a few notes above the guys.. it's quite funny, really! My friends, family, and teachers say I'm really good... but I'm not letting that get to my head. I have a long way to go before I reach a level of singing worthy of being famous!

But, like you guys have been saying, breathing's one of the most important parts to singing. Too much, you sound moronic. Too little, you sound wimpy... In both cases, it can throw you completely off key!

And about stage fright... even the most famous musicians get put down. You just have to learn to get over it and get on stage, even if you're afraid of negative results. Even through it all, you'll learn to be stronger and more confident, and I'm sure there will always be positive feedback from somewhere.. just don't let it get to your head.. aha.
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
Motor Baby
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
June 3rd, 2007 at 03:42pm
WalkingCliche:
elvis presley.:
=]
I've been singing for quite a while, last year I joined this singing thingy, met someone famous from Iceland. I have a sample.
In the beginning it's rom teh real song, but I come in later on. This was doen in a studio =]

I like it.
xD

I myself am a singer.
I'm actually in a competition right now for my school.
Singing Bring Me To Life by Evanescence.
Really hard, but an excellent song.
=D

wow you must be good, that song is really hard - my voice doesn't go that high Laughing i used to be in a band but due to inconviniences with my ex boyfriend also in the band i left and i'll join a proper one when i leave school. i mainly sing Betty Curse and Ashlee simpson (she sucks i no but my voice suit her songs - arghh it's just her!!) Evil or Very Mad
wilson.
Shotgun Sinner
wilson.
June 3rd, 2007 at 04:06pm
I currently sing backup in my band.
I'm decent.
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
June 3rd, 2007 at 04:12pm
If you're a girl and you have a 'low' voice, don't ever let anyone tell you you can't sing high.

I'm a mezzo soprano (wide range from low to high notes) and I started out without half my high notes. Practise, practise higher songs until you reach the notes more easily. Don't be scared by the first squeeky noises or harsh sounds, you'll get better and better until you've got a wider range than all those airheads who told you you sound like a man.

Just remember, if something hurts your throat STOP SINGING IMEDIATELY. Give yourself breaks while singing and chug pleanty of water. Start with a decent warmup and warmdown after singing to keep your voice in best condition.

Don't be scared to reach for the high notes - all girls can do it. How the hell do you think that guys can do falsetto? Smile you can do it.
abbey road.
Salute You in Your Grave
abbey road.
June 6th, 2007 at 04:11pm
Can someone help me?
I've sung lower (baratone tenor) pretty much all my life, and I was really good at it.
Then I went into choir.
I got put in the soprano section.
Annnnddddd now I can't sing lower (baratone tenor) to save my life.
I worte all these songs meant for the lower notes!
And they all sound horrible on soprano.
Sooooo.
Help?
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
June 6th, 2007 at 11:16pm
OH. This is going to start to become my favorite thread. xD

I'm a singer, I love it, it rocks. Simply said.

ANYWAY.

You can't really lose your range. If you start to practice your lower range again, it'll come back. Though I never recommend you do anything down the octave, because it'll damage your voice and that, you can't really fix.
XStay_AwakeX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XStay_AwakeX
June 9th, 2007 at 12:24am
yeahh. i sing. but i am not as interested in singing in a band than i am singing on stage. under the lights....in front of a packed house...*sigh*

hah. i sang "popular" from wicked infront of my whole team for school. it was interesting. if you know the song..you know why. im deffinently not anything in that song. i just love it. and i got some good reviews. xp. from my classmates.
The Bella
Thinking Happy Thoughts
The Bella
June 18th, 2007 at 12:41am
City Lights.:
A voice forum!
Haha. Okay...
I'll stop now.
But I've been looking for this.
I've been singing at a vocal academy for almost two years now, and I'm going to learn from two completely different teachers starting September.
I sing basically any genre, especially classical, pop, rock, and broadway opera.
Classical, I branch out more into.. I've done Italian and Latin classical.
Broadway opera strictly consists of Phantom Of The Opera.
And yeah...
I sang in a band for a few weeks before dropping out, and I have an upcoming performance which I'm doing a duet in.
Myself and my friend Gabriella, who usually sings in French. We're doing a duet of Angel Of Music from Phantom Of The Opera.
Anyways..
Yes, that's what I do. =]

-TCD

You absolutly MUST sing for us on the Your Talent Thread.

How do you know what you are like alto soprano ect?
Charlie Chaplin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Charlie Chaplin
June 18th, 2007 at 01:03am
i.....teach people to sing.
hoorah.
Bayonetta.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bayonetta.
June 18th, 2007 at 04:16am
I've been a singer since i was little and used to perform alot but now i'm kinda in a rutt. I havn't sung publicly for a while, maybe it's because of all the competition i have to face with going to a Performing Arts School. I've started to do acting more than singing recently which will be an advantage if i'm ever in a musical. Anyway i was wondering if anyone had a link to a website with free backing tracks to download?