Don't have an account? Create one!

Voice.

AuthorMessage
lithium_poetry
Killjoy
lithium_poetry
July 19th, 2007 at 11:38pm
Maybe some of you guys here can help me out...I feel like when I'm singing, I tense up a lot, get very tight, and it makes it difficult to breathe the right way. Any tips on how to relax and make my breathing more effective?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 20th, 2007 at 03:25am
stand up straight, sing from your diaphram (sp?), feet apart (not too far), don't hold back and open your mouth wide...
sweet children
Really Not Okay
sweet children
July 20th, 2007 at 11:44pm
i used to sing really good, but then for some reason i stopped.
i havent sang for about 4 years and now im trying to again..
how do i get better again?
i dont have enough money for a singing coach
and i hold back, even when im by myself
BlackMariah121
Killjoy
BlackMariah121
July 21st, 2007 at 07:49am
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................so im not going to claim to be an expert or anything.
but i think, its just practice.
if youre having trouble letting go, turn your music up really effing loud and sing along to that.
i would say, just sing aas much as you can, but do try not to hurt your lovely voice!
Charlie Chaplin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Charlie Chaplin
July 21st, 2007 at 08:54pm
lithium_poetry:
Maybe some of you guys here can help me out...I feel like when I'm singing, I tense up a lot, get very tight, and it makes it difficult to breathe the right way. Any tips on how to relax and make my breathing more effective?

first tip; don't lock your knees. and i don't know if you're talking about performing, but if you are, jump around a bit before going on. you'll be pumped up, and loosened up. gets out the jitters.

second; breathe from your diaghram. it's going to feel funny, like your breathing out of your stomach, but your shoulders will be much more relaxed and your sound will improve.

third; practice, practice, practice! And what's so great about singing, is that you can do it anywhere!
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 23rd, 2007 at 01:55am
What are some really low
Alternative rock songs? The highest I can only hit comfortably is maybe middle C (I can go down to E2), and I need songs to practice/warm up to, but all the bands I like go up too high. So I have to train my voice on low songs to sing higher notes, if that makes any sense...
Charlie Chaplin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Charlie Chaplin
July 23rd, 2007 at 04:57am
Oxycontin Genocide.:
What are some really low
Alternative rock songs? The highest I can only hit comfortably is maybe only a B below middle C, and I need songs to practice/warm up to, but all the bands I like go up too high. So I have to train my voice on low songs to sing higher notes, if that makes any sense...

you could listen to a really high song and sing it an octave below.....
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 23rd, 2007 at 05:12am
^Ok, I guess. But still, does anybody know any good alternative rock bands (or hardcore, post hardcore, punk, emo, or something like that) that has a lead singer with a low voice?
I'm a bass.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 23rd, 2007 at 08:01pm
Oxycontin Genocide.:
What are some really low
Alternative rock songs? The highest I can only hit comfortably is maybe middle C (I can go down to E2), and I need songs to practice/warm up to, but all the bands I like go up too high. So I have to train my voice on low songs to sing higher notes, if that makes any sense...
raventears
Killjoy
raventears
August 1st, 2007 at 06:53am
i cant really seem to get my voice the way it used 2 b i could hit really high haunting notes likee amy lee i smoke does that have anything 2 do wit it
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
August 1st, 2007 at 07:05am
I can't sing at home because my brother comes in and hits me if I do, and he tells me I'm aweful
but when I'm with my friends...they tell eachother to shut up and they listen to me sing...they say I'm good
thus, I'm the lead sing of my band, Random Acts
I think I'm pretty bad though...
raventears
Killjoy
raventears
August 1st, 2007 at 07:34am
it really dosnt matter if ur good just sing becuz u love it
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
August 1st, 2007 at 07:36am
^^yeah, your right
raventears
Killjoy
raventears
August 1st, 2007 at 07:59am
i allways sing songs i know even if my mom is in the the same room watching tv *she gets anoyed hehe*
raventears
Killjoy
raventears
August 1st, 2007 at 09:58pm
im in my schools choir the schools motowners the schools kareoke show my chruch choir i sing in the shower when im on the comp when i listen 2 my cd player in the car *that getss on my moms nerves* i love singing i makes sense but i cant get some mcr songs right does any1 have sheet music 4 im not ok and famous last word
Belle! At The Disco
Salute You in Your Grave
Belle! At The Disco
August 3rd, 2007 at 08:06am
Hmm...maybe someone can give me tips on this. (i hope)

So...I can play guitar quite good, and I can sing quite good as well,
But when it comes to both...I usually forget the guitar part,
or ALL the lyrics.

Does anyone have any tips, or advice that they could give me for singing and playing at the same time?
Sympathy
Jazz Hands
Sympathy
August 3rd, 2007 at 05:07pm
It takes a while but singing and playing guitar is all just down to practise, I can't do it that well yet and I can't sing anyway, but once you get how to keep going without having to think about it too much forget you'll be all sweet.
Belle! At The Disco
Salute You in Your Grave
Belle! At The Disco
August 3rd, 2007 at 11:28pm
Alright,
THANK YOU!!!

I shall....go practise then Wink
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
August 4th, 2007 at 06:10am
I'm good at singing along with the rhythm of the guitar. Like playing each note for a sylable... or a repetetion when words fit the pattern.

On the other hand, I find it terribly frustrating to try singing when it doesn't really co-exsist with the guitar. (or even any instruments for the most part) When you're just playing, and the singing is sometimes on the same sort of octave... but it just isn't really sung with the guitar. It always agrivates me because I find it a lot harder to play the guitar >,<
>rawr<
raventears
Killjoy
raventears
August 4th, 2007 at 07:04am
singing and playing instrument is frustrating i tried guitar and singing blah i get cinfused and i suck at guitar