March 12th, 2008 at 09:34pm
Zozz:
The Fatality.:
The Goth Assasin:
Bill Bucket:
sirius black.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkvqU1IUFws
That's my friend singing.
What do you guys think? What does he need to work on?

Any feedback?
okay...u asked my opinion about your friend's voice...well...tell him to practice more cuz he's WAAAAAAYYYYY out of tune...way.[no offence]

Ok seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about.
This kid's amazing. And he's not way out of tune. I have perfect pitch, and I can definitely hear that hes pretty much on key, except for a few parts.

What I would say though, is that it sounds a bit timid, and the piano is overpowering his voice, but otherwise, it was great.

Yeah, but you can clearly hear that the song is too low for his voice, which makes him breathe out very much air when he sings.
yes i do believe that that's another reason that he sounded pretty much out of tune and another thing is that he seems VERY shy, i use to be like that but when my friends and i started our band we began singing and playing around the school (which we still do) and by time i began to become more dull to what others (the ignorant, the arrogant and the imbecils) said or moked and maybe that's what this kid needs to loosen up, don't you agree?
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 13th, 2008 at 12:01am

I'm having trouble with breathing, my vocal coach says. I need something to help stop my voice from wavering and get much more depth and richer when I sing.
Any help? Neutral
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mer von d
March 13th, 2008 at 08:55pm
mertleturtle666:
some help people?
i've been singing for most of my life, and i've never been too worried bout how i sound. i was in a band for two years and we just broke up. i sang alot of the songs but we mostly covered songs sung by guys (eg the vines, wolfmother, the living end and green day), and i never had any problems, but now i'm starting a new band and we're playing alot of paramore type stuff. i generally don't have a problem reaching the high notes, but i've been told i sound whiny/ nasally when i do. so yeah, does this happen to anyone else?
anyone got some advice?
any would be greatly appreciated. thanks dudes xx

anyone?
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 14th, 2008 at 04:20am

^^
Well I think covers always sound different.

Plus the high parts are quite hard to reach, which just adds to the difficulty.

I think that you should just consult with your band and see what they think. See if they can help you since they seem to be noticing it.

I'm actually singing to them right now :] and it is really hard. I cant reach the high parts D:
anthony green.
In The Murder Scene
anthony green.
March 19th, 2008 at 10:22pm
I'm having trouble finding a good Vocal coach. Does anyone know any good way that I could find one (Like, yellowpages, internet, etc.)
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mer von d
March 25th, 2008 at 01:11am
thanks muchly to lovesick melody Smile
City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
March 25th, 2008 at 07:36am
Pretty On The Inside:
I'm having trouble finding a good Vocal coach. Does anyone know any good way that I could find one (Like, yellowpages, internet, etc.)
Well, where in regards are you lookinh from? Area-wise?
Other than checking locally, you could just type vocal coach into a search engine and see what comes up,
or anything music wise in your area, you could go around and ask.
Sorry if that's not much help.
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
March 25th, 2008 at 10:40am
Pretty On The Inside:

You could ask your music teacher at school... that's how I got my first voice coach.
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
March 25th, 2008 at 10:43am
mertleturtle666:
mertleturtle666:
some help people?
i've been singing for most of my life, and i've never been too worried bout how i sound. i was in a band for two years and we just broke up. i sang alot of the songs but we mostly covered songs sung by guys (eg the vines, wolfmother, the living end and green day), and i never had any problems, but now i'm starting a new band and we're playing alot of paramore type stuff. i generally don't have a problem reaching the high notes, but i've been told i sound whiny/ nasally when i do. so yeah, does this happen to anyone else?
anyone got some advice?
any would be greatly appreciated. thanks dudes xx

anyone?

Well, how strong is your head voice?

You don't need to belt and use chest voice constantly, if you have a really powerful head voice, it sounds just as good.

Then again, I'm more opera than paramore, so maybe I'm wrong. I just always feel like a powerful, straight tone head voice is just as nice.
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
March 25th, 2008 at 10:47am
Lovesick Melody.:

I'm having trouble with breathing, my vocal coach says. I need something to help stop my voice from wavering and get much more depth and richer when I sing.
Any help? Neutral

Well, if you need to breathe correctly, here's how it works:

Your diafragm is a muscle underneath your lungs, and when it pulls down, it allows your lungs to expand MUCH further, and get more air in. But, initially, your abdominal muscles are in the way, so to make room for the diaphragm, you need to force out your abdominal (stomach) muscles. You'll know you are breathing correctly when your stomach is moving out when you INHALE, rather than exhale.

I really hope that helped...
arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
March 26th, 2008 at 03:18pm
I was wondering, can you get better at singing by practising?
Just belting out songs constantly. If there's any better way to put it.

arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
March 27th, 2008 at 08:36am
Also, sometimes I'll be singing and my voice will be fine, but then it'll break and waver. Or go higher. Any tips?
No I'm not a boy
xD

City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
March 28th, 2008 at 08:59pm
Ryan Ross.:
Also, sometimes I'll be singing and my voice will be fine, but then it'll break and waver. Or go higher. Any tips?
No I'm not a boy
xD

Alright.
Well.. best way to put this, if you're singing all the time constantly, but not the right way,
then no, you will not get better.
If you look over the different techniques the others have suggested in here,
it combines to what you should be doing.
And the reason your voice wavers is because you need support,
plus time where you're practicing properly.
Once you do that, it won't waver anymore.

Hope I've helped.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
March 29th, 2008 at 07:58pm
Ryan Ross.:
No I'm not a boy
xD

well, 1st of all, forget smoking it won't get u anywhere, 2nd if it's cold 'round where u live, wear scarves, keep ur throat warm. try drinkin' pure egg yoges or lemon juice(pure,no sugar no anything pure). don't 'ahem' when u feel like a little liquid through ur throat, 'hum' instead... do this 4 like...2 months straight and then go get urself a piano and tell me which note can u reach on soprano.OH! almost forgot, don't scream, don't do funny noises with ur mouth, don't eat really hot or really cold things(that includes drinks...better drink or eat things @ room temperature) sleep 8 hours straight and no alcohol...well i think that's all it may seem like alot but, it's not much weight once u get use to it...remember, 2 months straight and tell me to which note on the piano you can reach afterwards ok...well c u 'round Bye
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
March 29th, 2008 at 08:12pm
City Lights.:
Ryan Ross.:
No I'm not a boy
xD

Alright.
Well.. best way to put this, if you're singing all the time constantly, but not the right way,

Hope I've helped.
quite mature, City of Lights, that is VERY true, very mature indeed.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
March 29th, 2008 at 08:16pm
The Goth Assasin:
City Lights.:
Ryan Ross.:
No I'm not a boy
xD

Alright.

Hope I've helped.
quite mature, City of Lights, that is VERY true, very mature indeed.
oh, sorry, it's City Lights not City of Lights, hehe how dumb of me.
City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
March 29th, 2008 at 08:23pm
That's okay.
And thank you.
I hoped it was... I've been in the vocal field for quite some time.
DisenchantedGirl
Killjoy
DisenchantedGirl
March 30th, 2008 at 10:32pm
I used to play piano, now I play acoustic guitar, and I sing. I know it may sound bad, but it's just to help you. If you have trouble with singing in a nasal tone, hold your nose while you practice, eventually you'll get out of the habit.
arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
April 1st, 2008 at 11:49am
Well, yeah, I think i'm getting better. It was breathing that was my problem. Thanks for the tips,
and oh, the other person that helped me, I have no idea what soprano, alto etc etc mean.
I was in a choir, but it never got mentioned.
I can't have vocal lessons, because, well, I don't want to get into it.
I don't drink or smoke.
But yeah, soprano? What does it mean please?

a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
April 1st, 2008 at 04:50pm
Hmm... I want to know how to say, "yell sing" like the singers in the bands Funeral For A Friwnd, My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, 30 Seconds To Mars, and such. When ever i try to yell like that, I can't hit a note I want to. I want to know how to sing like those guys.