Don't have an account? Create one!

Voice.

AuthorMessage
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!
Jazz Hands
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!
June 19th, 2007 at 01:22am
Woo, my name's Melodie and it fits perfectly Smile

I'm a singer!! Yay. I sing main vocals and play guitar in one band and play guitar and do backups in another.

I've been singing all my life.

My mom's always sung in church choirs and things like that. I was nine when she was still in college, and sang in the chorus there. I have her CD still in my itunes. She has the prettiest voice I've ever heard, although it's lower than mine. She doesn't like me singing in rock bands because we do some screamo, but I have my friend that helps me out on that so I don't ruin my voice. I do sing opera and theater as well.

Right now I'm doing School House Rock as the local summer youth theater production :]

I'm a coloratura soprano, and that hasn't changed. I don't smoke, and I try to take care of my lungs so I can keep it that way. I take proper voice lessons from my mother, and I've sung in school and church choirs all my life.

The first year they had it and I knew about it, I didn't know when auditions were. That was the only All-State choir I didn't sing in Smile

I was wondering if there's anybody else up in here who has a hard time finding good punk music within their vocal range, and would mind helping me with some vocal arrangements for a ballad?
scandalqueen
Killjoy
scandalqueen
June 19th, 2007 at 02:48pm
I sing as well.. I have a lot of recordings but I hope to release music soon and nothing at this point is published.
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
June 21st, 2007 at 04:07pm
croation_sensation:
i.....teach people to sing.
hoorah.

Ooh.
Got any tips?
At least on stage-fright.
Belle! At The Disco
Salute You in Your Grave
Belle! At The Disco
June 22nd, 2007 at 03:34am
Loserface.:
i was wondering if anyone had a link to a website with free backing tracks to download?

yeah..I was wondering that tooo.
lmfao
Revenge Is Sweeter.
Awake and Unafraid
Revenge Is Sweeter.
June 22nd, 2007 at 03:56pm
Singing is my life. And I guess it always has been. I quit my band because the guys turned out to be not who I thought they were. Well, I got replaced temporary then I got fed up so I quit. So really I got kicked out, got offered my spot back, then walked away.

I guess the hardest part of singing for me has got to be my projection. Breathing and pitch came naturally, but when I'm not really angry, upset or whateever it tends to be more quiet then I'd like it to be
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
June 22nd, 2007 at 06:27pm
You definitely do not want to blow your voice. You want to learn to project healthily.
Because let's remember; louder does not mean better.
But for things that require crescendos, you have to make sure you have enough breath support to not blow everything at once.
Charlie Chaplin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Charlie Chaplin
June 23rd, 2007 at 12:42am
xEmergencyxDollx:
croation_sensation:
hoorah.

Ooh.
Got any tips?

stage fright?
what do you do? (choir, solo, musical theatre, in a band, maybe?)
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
June 23rd, 2007 at 08:13pm
croation_sensation:
xEmergencyxDollx:
croation_sensation:
hoorah.

Ooh.
Got any tips?

stage fright?
what do you do? (choir, solo, musical theatre, in a band, maybe?)

It's more along the lines of a band.
This summer my friend's grand-parents are gonna host this big thing where people can perform and stuff and we're gonna do a song or two together. And I was gonna do somthing in the talent show this year.
The only problem is that I'm afraid to sing for people. I just think they think I suck or something. Bwahah, sorry for rambling.
Yes, band-type stuff.
And would being in like, Highschool band and performing at school concerts help with nervousness and stage fright?
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
June 24th, 2007 at 02:44am
I reckon it would.
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
July 1st, 2007 at 04:53am
Aight. I thought so, too.
Blood Song
Killjoy
Blood Song
July 5th, 2007 at 03:56pm
I sing...and kinda play bass...and kinda guitar...I'm in a band...sad thing is, our guitarist can't really play anything cepth the opening of WTTBP...and by the opening, I mean the first 6 or 7 notes...yeah...that sad
hungryhungryhiba
Killjoy
hungryhungryhiba
July 11th, 2007 at 09:39pm
i really wish to sing in the future but im not so great
when people hear me speak, they seem to assume im a singer
i've been told the way i speak "is very musical".
but whenever i try to sing, i begin to sound so monotone.
can anyone help me understand why this happens?
and what i can do to become a better singer?
thanks.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
July 12th, 2007 at 02:28am
^you could take singing lessons thats an option sorry i dont know much about helping the voice.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 12th, 2007 at 03:28am
xxxDeath'sAngelxxx:
^you could take singing lessons thats an option sorry i dont know much about helping the voice.

I would like to learn how to sing too, I don't have a natural talent for singing, but my dad says I have a nice voice.

To take singing lessons, do you need to be able to sing pretty well first, or can you have 0 experience?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 12th, 2007 at 07:35am
I need some advice. I am the singer in a scremo-punkish band, and ..um..I can't scream. It comes out as sort of a whineing sound or a squeak. Im an alto with overstretched vocal chords, and I wopuld suspect they are also a bit damaged from when I was a smoker. How could I improve my screaming?
The Argyle Trombone?
Killjoy
The Argyle Trombone?
July 12th, 2007 at 07:59am
I sing screamo and opera
My choir teacher wasn't too happy when I was singing ohio is for lovers during class to my friend tianna
My choir suckz ass btw
DemolitionLovers__x
Killjoy
DemolitionLovers__x
July 13th, 2007 at 12:36am
Uhm... I can sing half decently, and play the guitar.
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
July 13th, 2007 at 03:13pm
I can sing, but my problem is that I have a real high pitched singing voice (think Bert McCracken) and I can't go down low. Does anyone have tips?

Also, for singing and playing guitar? I have a real problem with this. The only song I can sing and play at the same time is Smells Like Teen Spirit, and this has always lowered my chances of playing in a band. That and my voice, as even I know I'm not the world's greatest guitarist (though I'm getting better).
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 14th, 2007 at 07:32am
Does anybody have any tips for singing? Please? I'm teaching myself to sing, and I need some pointers.
The Collision
Salute You in Your Grave
The Collision
July 19th, 2007 at 12:42pm
Oxycontin Genocide.:
Does anybody have any tips for singing? Please? I'm teaching myself to sing, and I need some pointers.

ahhhh I tried that...not good....you need to do A LOT of warm ups. please consider a vocal coach? it really helps!

I sing mezzo with a wide range. I can do alto or soprano but I'm best in between.

can anyone get me any MCR vocal notes besides cancer? I've looked everywhere!