Don't have an account? Create one!

Voice.

AuthorMessage
Optimus Prime
Salute You in Your Grave
Optimus Prime
May 2nd, 2007 at 04:29pm
Anyone got any idea how I can project my voice better?
I tried everything i could.
But I'm still terrible at it.
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
May 2nd, 2007 at 05:39pm
I have the opposite problem. My voice is loud. I don't know if that's bad or not, but it's annoying. Anyone know how I could make it quieter? Every time I try it kills my vocal chords.
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
May 3rd, 2007 at 06:09pm
xEmergencyxDollx:
I have the opposite problem. My voice is loud. I don't know if that's bad or not, but it's annoying. Anyone know how I could make it quieter? Every time I try it kills my vocal chords.

don't use as much air when you breath, let it out slow, and not as hard.

PM me if you have any questions.
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
May 3rd, 2007 at 06:10pm
Titsmagee:

and basically your answers is the oppisite of what i just said.
you need to use more air, and really use the breath. breathe out with hot air.
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
May 3rd, 2007 at 08:21pm
a poetic failure.:
xEmergencyxDollx:

don't use as much air when you breath, let it out slow, and not as hard.

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks, will do.
Optimus Prime
Salute You in Your Grave
Optimus Prime
May 4th, 2007 at 09:04am
a poetic failure.:
Titsmagee:

and basically your answers is the oppisite of what i just said.
you need to use more air, and really use the breath. breathe out with hot air.

Tah.
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
May 4th, 2007 at 05:58pm
I don't know how to word this XD

what can you do to keep your voice like urm ... clear? I can't think of the word
MCRs_vampire_29
Killjoy
MCRs_vampire_29
May 5th, 2007 at 08:35pm
I sing...
run fat boy run.
Banned
run fat boy run.
May 5th, 2007 at 11:21pm
I've sang in one bands for the longest time.

Blood Covered Roses - Lead Singer (2002 - 2007) Screamo/Metal/Post-Hardcore

Though, I like recked my voice, so I'm trying to heal it back up where I can sing well again.
lyrical_mess
Joining The Black Parade
lyrical_mess
May 7th, 2007 at 01:59pm
I started singing. Since I was six, all I've ever wanted to do was sing and I'm not ashamed to say that Britney Spears was the inspiration for this.

But people have contstantly shot me down, told me my voice is off key, sounds like a dying patient, is nasal, is horrible, etc. But I beat 'em all! I'm taking lessons! I've been taking lessons for about a year now. Before I used to try not to listen to myself when I sang and just sang for the joy of the feeling. Singing is...it's the best. It's the most amazing sensation.

But I've been getting louder, more confident. My teacher says I still need to let the music come out of my diaphragm instead of my throat. I'm still a bit timid about my voice. But the voice is the hardest instrument to play. Because guitars, pianos, woodwinds, brass, and percussions all require skill and practice. But using your voice requires something more--you have to trust yourself to use it.
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
May 7th, 2007 at 04:52pm
lyrical_mess:
Because guitars, pianos, woodwinds, brass, and percussions all require skill and practice. But using your voice requires something more--you have to trust yourself to use it.

Amen.
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
May 8th, 2007 at 09:41pm
hey! I sing. I'm the lead singer in a band (only girl :-/)! I actually just got put in today. They're old lead singer refused to sing in front of an audience so he just plays lead guitar now and i'm lead singer. However he does all the screaming. lol. but we have some good songs and i think we'll be pretty good.

The point is, i sing and also play the guitar a little.... I'm not very good though. But ya.... GO SINGERS!!

I also do opera and broadway... not just rock.
morgan in the dust.
Bleeding on the Floor
morgan in the dust.
May 9th, 2007 at 02:03am
2001. Provincial Honour Choir
2002. WSO Choir.
2003-05. Junior High provincial honour choir [includes 4 performances at various theatres.]
2000-present. Talent Shows, coffee houses, and mannnny other places.

I'm performing in SummerFest '07.
After that I've got a recording booth with my name on it.

I can also play flute, guitar, bass.
If you want a recording, ask.
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
May 10th, 2007 at 08:32am
I sing... People say I'm good but I dunno... I've got a real low, deep voice so I was wondering.... Anyone know some good deep-ish songs that are easy to sing because we have to sing something for music class but we couldn't think of anything.

For instance I can sing most My Chem songs really well and Eskimo Joe songs are good.
But Evanescence is a lost cause because I can't do high notes to save my life!

So anyone know any good songs?
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
May 10th, 2007 at 11:39am
Hi.. well, I sing.. I've been singin glike my whole entire life... I was like singing songs even if I didn't know the lyrics... (yeah.. Colors of the wind.. I was making up words.. and i didn't even know how to speak english then Naughty )

I hate singing those screamo songs cause I know I can't sing them and I don't wanna screw my throat and my voice... I kinda lke singing songs with high pitches like Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, and yes.. the corrs.. and..Evanescence and Avril Lavigne...(coming clean here)

I loved singing.. But I'm losing the skill.. I don't practice much anymore... I can't sing high pitches as high as I could before.. My family said it's what I get for always singing My Chemical ROmance's songs (they're kinda low-pitched at times for me) but they're not really encouraging me to stop liking the music.. My dad actually likes it too..

I have good breathing due to the fact i am an athlete.. Which is also another reason why I am not focusing on my singing anymore...

There's something about singing that I didn't find when I played some instruments (guitar, bass, piano, keyboard, flute).. The impact of our voices put the song to comprehension.. We learn to understand the songs when we sing it.. It doesn't matter if you're out of the pitch, as long as yu actually enjoy singing because you express your self better there than when you are just speaking... Speaking expresses only what you want to say.. but.. Singing is expressing everything you can say without really being embarrased about it...

I joined bands.. and choirs.. I quit..
I just write them songs or help in revising them...

and the rest.. is history.. (i know it's too long) Naughty
morgan in the dust.
Bleeding on the Floor
morgan in the dust.
May 10th, 2007 at 12:05pm
XKilling JarX:
I sing... People say I'm good but I dunno... I've got a real low, deep voice so I was wondering.... Anyone know some good deep-ish songs that are easy to sing because we have to sing something for music class but we couldn't think of anything.

For instance I can sing most My Chem songs really well and Eskimo Joe songs are good.
But Evanescence is a lost cause because I can't do high notes to save my life!

So anyone know any good songs?

Zero by Smashing Pumpkins and Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana are really good for low-pitched voices.
If you want to try to to increase your pitch, try lower Evanescence songs like 'Hello' or 'Your Star.' =D
Me.
Salute You in Your Grave
Me.
May 10th, 2007 at 02:37pm
I really like singing, but
I don´t have guts to sing to the aundience
How can I get out of my terrible stage fright?
Bert McCookie.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bert McCookie.
May 10th, 2007 at 10:13pm
I used to scream for one band.
and I also did backing vocals for my friend's band at times.

I dont know any tips but I usually practiced with songs like On My Own by The Used since it had both screaming and singing.
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
May 11th, 2007 at 03:14pm
Whisper:
same

(love your ava by the way)
Bert McCookie.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bert McCookie.
May 11th, 2007 at 09:09pm
Whisper:

you get used to it after a while.
Performing with a friend always makes me less nervous. Smile