Don't have an account? Create one!

Voice.

AuthorMessage
jace wayland.
Shotgun Sinner
jace wayland.
November 3rd, 2007 at 05:15pm

That's my friend singing.
What do you guys think? What does he need to work on?
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
November 8th, 2007 at 09:34pm
Can someone give me constructive critcism?

I recorded it using my phone so the quality isn't amazing but it's good enough:

Here
Caramarillia
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Caramarillia
November 10th, 2007 at 08:18pm
Ladysaw731
criticism: I liked it, but it seems like you're in a hurry to finish the song (haven't heard the original so I don't know how fast it's supposed to be) I agree it's not that good quality. Do you breathe properly when you sing? argh hate when I don't know the words I need. (I'm danish) I mean where you do breathe when you sing?

I found out in 8th grade that I actually could sing. I'd never sang in a choir before that. Then in 9th grade I started in the local choir.I started as a 1.Soprano but after a months I changed to 2. Alto, because they needed altos whose voice could handle the low keys. Soon after that I stopped. I started 10th grade on a music line and spend all year singing "Only when I sleep" by the corrs. At the same time as that I got accepted to a dramaschool where you had to be able to sing well.
1.g in a music class with Music lessons on highest level. In the end of this school year I got accepted to be in the Parade on the Dramaschool.
2.g I sang "Mama" in front of the entire school. It went well.
3.g (the year I'm in now) I'm going to for once -play an instrument instead of singing at the christmad concert.
Plus a month ago I started singing Alto in a church choir.
City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
November 16th, 2007 at 05:02am
Ladysaw731:
Can someone give me constructive critcism?

I recorded it using my phone so the quality isn't amazing but it's good enough:

Here
It's good, but I have to agree with the other person who commented.
I have, however, heard the original version, so I have to say it's okay, but not great.
No, I don't think you breath properly, still, because it sounds a little choppy and cut off.
You rushed at some points, and your pitch fell off sometimes, but overall it was still okay.
I know you can be great, though, so keep working at it. (:
jace wayland.
Shotgun Sinner
jace wayland.
November 24th, 2007 at 04:34am
sirius black.:

Any feedback?
mr.ross
Jazz Hands
mr.ross
November 27th, 2007 at 01:51am
I've been singing sience, uh, a long time, okay =]. but singing lessons do help...alot. I've been told I have a really strong voice without doing the whole, throught screeching thing. I got accepted into an all arts school that speciallizes in voice, drama, dance, and instrumental. But, I'm only thirteen, so I don't have the exprerience of a high schooler. But, I did star as Mary Lennox in the Secret Garden when I was ten at a playhouse. But, I can't wait until I can be in a high school play/musical
Halifax.
Shotgun Sinner
Halifax.
December 4th, 2007 at 11:18am
ok...here...my voice is not good! im practicing screaming but i rarely get the chance because there are always many people around...and when i sing the "normal" way i simply suck...
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
January 1st, 2008 at 04:05pm
Thank you Carmarilla & City Lights.

& yes I rushed the end b/c I thought that I was running out of time.

I will def. work on my breathing.

Thank you.

<3
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
January 1st, 2008 at 04:16pm
I know I don't have an amazing voice. I wasn't blessed with that gift but I just would like to work on the sing so I can sound the best I can.

I decided to do the same song a few months later to see if I'd improved.

Please keep in mind I had a cold when this was recorded:

Dance Hall Drug

& another one

Dear God
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
February 18th, 2008 at 03:56am
Hey, could someone help me with my voice.

Basically, I'm not amazing at singing, I used to be okay but when I took up guitar a few years ago I stopped singing and my voice got worse, then I started smoking and it again got even more worse.

So I'm trying to stop smoking for it, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting a higher vocal range (mines not bad, I want it better). Also, I was wondering if anyone knew any good stuff for your throat for singing (like when you get a bad throat the day of a gig, what do you do?)
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
February 18th, 2008 at 01:09pm
well...i don't know if i'm a good singer, but what i do know is that people have told me that i'm a good writter...i have like 8 songs.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
February 18th, 2008 at 02:23pm
Bill Bucket:
sirius black.:

Any feedback?
okay...u asked my opinion about your friend's voice...well...tell him to practice more cuz he's WAAAAAAYYYYY out of tune...way.[no offence]
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
February 18th, 2008 at 02:45pm
rachi_left4deadx_x:
Hey, could someone help me with my voice.

Basically, I'm not amazing at singing, I used to be okay but when I took up guitar a few years ago I stopped singing and my voice got worse, then I started smoking and it again got even more worse.

So I'm trying to stop smoking for it, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting a higher vocal range (mines not bad, I want it better). Also, I was wondering if anyone knew any good stuff for your throat for singing (like when you get a bad throat the day of a gig, what do you do?)
well, 1st of all, forget smoking it won't get u anywhere, 2nd if it's cold 'round where u live, wear scarves, keep ur throat warm. try drinkin' pure egg yoges or lemon juice(pure,no sugar no anything pure). don't 'ahem' when u feel like a little liquid through ur throat, 'hum' instead... do this 4 like...2 months straight and then go get urself a piano and tell me which note can u reach on soprano.OH! almost forgot, don't scream, don't do funny noises with ur mouth, don't eat really hot or really cold things(that includes drinks...better drink or eat things @ room temperature) sleep 8 hours straight and no alcohol...well i think that's all it may seem like alot but, it's not much weight once u get use to it...remember, 2 months straight and tell me to which note on the piano you can reach afterwards ok...well c u 'round Bye
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mer von d
February 26th, 2008 at 06:59pm
some help people?
i've been singing for most of my life, and i've never been too worried bout how i sound. i was in a band for two years and we just broke up. i sang alot of the songs but we mostly covered songs sung by guys (eg the vines, wolfmother, the living end and green day), and i never had any problems, but now i'm starting a new band and we're playing alot of paramore type stuff. i generally don't have a problem reaching the high notes, but i've been told i sound whiny/ nasally when i do. so yeah, does this happen to anyone else?
anyone got some advice?
any would be greatly appreciated. thanks dudes xx
xxMCRxxFanxx
Killjoy
xxMCRxxFanxx
March 5th, 2008 at 04:02pm
Im Kirstan R.
I love to sing Ive been told I am good, but I dont think I am that great. But right now I am singing in a band, with my boyfriend and two of my other guy friends. We are doing multiple covers by Paramore including Pressure, Misery Business, and For a Pessamist Im Pretty Optimistic. We are also doing a cover of Good Charlotte's "The River" as well as "Headfirst for Halos" and "Sleep" by My Chemical Romance ( I hope the My Chem covers will turn out well ! ). We are hoping to perform in a few coffee houses, but the only problem is I have major stage fright, ever since I was a little girl. I am hoping to get over it soon though, cause we are MAKING A DEMO! Very Happy... but not with a record company unfortunatly, we are making it with a Focus Program, should be awesome ! Smile Oh, I am also on youtube with my friend for fun !
Sorry for all the writing.

Oh and just a suggestion, my dad has been singing for a long time and has some advice for people who want thier voices to be raspy or scremo (I know I do...) He says "Dont try to make your voice raspy, cause you will damage your vocal chords." Just some advice, sorry if I am wrong. (cause I want to sound raspier Razz)
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
March 5th, 2008 at 11:48pm
The Goth Assasin:
Bill Bucket:
sirius black.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkvqU1IUFws

Any feedback?
okay...u asked my opinion about your friend's voice...well...tell him to practice more cuz he's WAAAAAAYYYYY out of tune...way.[no offence]

Ok seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about.
This kid's amazing. And he's not way out of tune. I have perfect pitch, and I can definitely hear that hes pretty much on key, except for a few parts.

What I would say though, is that it sounds a bit timid, and the piano is overpowering his voice, but otherwise, it was great.
Zozz
Killjoy
Zozz
March 8th, 2008 at 05:01am
The Fatality.:
The Goth Assasin:
Bill Bucket:
sirius black.:

Any feedback?

This kid's amazing. And he's not way out of tune. I have perfect pitch, and I can definitely hear that hes pretty much on key, except for a few parts.

What I would say though, is that it sounds a bit timid, and the piano is overpowering his voice, but otherwise, it was great.

Yeah, but you can clearly hear that the song is too low for his voice, which makes him breathe out very much air when he sings.
anthony green.
In The Murder Scene
anthony green.
March 8th, 2008 at 10:32pm
I love to sing. Singing is like, how I roll, dawg.

I'm always singing. In the shower, in the halls, I'm singing right now, actually. Only because I'm getting ready for the talent show and if my camera worked, I'd give you guys a sample.
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
March 10th, 2008 at 06:32pm
I sang and played guitar in my Guitar class and everyone loved it. It was my own song and I guess I could do a solo project. I'm going to try once I get out of high school. I know it won't be very easy to do. I'm excited to try to get a record deal.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
March 12th, 2008 at 09:22pm
The Fatality.:
The Goth Assasin:
Bill Bucket:
sirius black.:

Any feedback?

Though you oppose me you sound pretty interesting to talk with, and i just didn't listen to the whole song 'cause of my damn slow internet, and yes talking with my sense of music on i do admit that piano was BRILLIANT...let me tell you, because of you i'll dedicate a few HOURS of my time to listen to this MASTERMIND and then i will quote once again leaving my opinion...thank you for your kind way of telling me "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU JACKASS!!!!!"i will listen and the we talk ok.