Don't have an account? Create one!

Smoking cigarettes

AuthorMessage
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 5th, 2008 at 01:36pm
I don't think we'd ever get one too mayn people smoke and that's their choice, no one's going to MAKE them quit smoking.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 5th, 2008 at 02:05pm
xxWolvenPrincessxx:
I don't think we'd ever get one too mayn people smoke and that's their choice, no one's going to MAKE them quit smoking.
my friend Spencer got me to stop. He forced me too, but if he didn't right now I'd still be doing it and would be living in the "ok when is the next time I can have one?" and freaking out cause I can't have one or about getting caught. Thats what smoking does, it keeps you feeling nice and calm alittle while, and like I don't know if this is normal but my back always felt really good after i had one, but later it would hurt alot and I'd be a nervous wreck.

Its not worth it, it really isn't, to get addicted to them, I didn't do it very long, but ust enough to always be wanting one, and i was always trying to go to my one friends house cause I could smoke a whole pack there and not get in trouble. But to me also cigarettes aren't that bad, i already have asthma so I'm not to concerned except in PE it was just that much harder to run.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 5th, 2008 at 02:20pm
I smoked for a couple years and I never felt that 'need' to smoke. I would smoke maybe three or four cigarettes in a week. I still smoke occasionally, maybe once a month or something.
sci-fi-noise
Jazz Hands
sci-fi-noise
August 5th, 2008 at 05:08pm
I don't like cigarettes simply because of how damn exspensive they are my parents both smoke about a pack and a half a day. they cost 5 to 6 dollars a pack where i live that adds up to be alot of money and i don't think it's worth it. And they complain about not makeing enough money quitting would give us alot of extra money. but their selfish and don't want to face the facts Mad
Martha.Monster
Fabulous Killjoy
Martha.Monster
August 5th, 2008 at 07:10pm
Eponine:
I smoked for a couple years and I never felt that 'need' to smoke. I would smoke maybe three or four cigarettes in a week. I still smoke occasionally, maybe once a month or something.

I'm completley the same. I never felt the need to smoke either, however you soon notice it around you when both of your parents smoke etc. I manged to cut down however, and now I only smoke whenever I'm seriously stressed. Which is like once a month.

PsychedelicHorseshit:
I don't like cigarettes simply because of how damn exspensive they are my parents both smoke about a pack and a half a day. they cost 5 to 6 dollars a pack where i live that adds up to be alot of money and i don't think it's worth it. And they complain about not makeing enough money quitting would give us alot of extra money. but their selfish and don't want to face the facts Mad

5 or 6 dollars? Is that all?! Shocked
Over in England, each packet is roughly around £6, which i'm guessing exchanges to around $12. Shocked
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 5th, 2008 at 09:21pm
12 dollars for a packis ridiculous, I use to spend about 3.50-4 dollars for a pack. so there went my cd money or whatever, I think the cost alone is something that should make you want to quit, I mean if your making an ok salary yet spending around 8 bucks a day on cigerettes, will add up quickly
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 5th, 2008 at 10:20pm
Martha.Monster:

5 or 6 dollars? Is that all?! Shocked
Over in England, each packet is roughly around £6, which i'm guessing exchanges to around $12. Shocked

According to my converter application £6 is $15. That is a lot of money.

The tax on cigarettes recently went up where I live. The state tax went from $5.55 a carton to $9.45 a carton, the sales tax increased from $1.92 to $2.22$ and the federal tax is $3.90 a carton. The point of raising the tax was apparently to discourage smoking and to have a healthier state. Someone who opposed the increase said this:
"I've been smoking 60 years. Something's going to kill me. If it's cancer of the lungs, let it be. But if they're going to tax cigarettes, let's tax fat food. How many heart attacks a year do we have in this country?"
I completely agree.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 6th, 2008 at 07:47am
The?!Society:
It causes serious addiction problems and lung cancer, which makes me wonder why it's not illegal like drugs, because really, they're are the same.

I'm probably a bit late, but the reason they don't make tobacco products illegal, is because the government makes too much money off of them. they are taxed inordinately, which in the UK they say goes towards paying for the health care the smokers need, but in the US, it goes on other things, that could probably do with the money. They wont make it illegal, because it makes too much money for them. They will ban smoking indoors, and advertizing, and raise the legal age because then it makes people think that they are 'doing something about it', but really, they aren't doing anything, because kids that smoke, will keep on smoking, and if you really want to smoke, you can still go outside.
Bartowski.
Demolition Lover
Bartowski.
August 7th, 2008 at 11:30pm
I'm probably going to get hell for this, but I find smoking inconsiderate and pointless.
This stems mostly from the fact that I am severly alergic to ciggarette smoke. It makes it next to impossible for me to breath, and over long periods of time makes me dizzy, and makes my skin dry out and peel. Not fun.

You have the right to smoke. But, I have the right to be able to breath without hacking up a lung, so don't smoke in big groups of people.
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
August 8th, 2008 at 03:09am
i dont think smoking is good as it causes all those health problems, but you will find that everyone has their vice, their something that helps them with stress or their one thing they need. now mine is coffee and extra gum. if someones is smokoing then fine. i dont think anyone has the right to increase the price of them, the people know what the are doing and if they still want to then let them be
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
August 8th, 2008 at 09:36am
I don't smoke. I know someone who got lung cancer because of 2nd hand smoke, and its not pretty after someone gets a huge chunk of a lung taken out. And I've seen what happens to people's bodies when they smoke.. There's nothing good about it, and its pointless. I started singing, and smoking is really bad especially for your voice...

And why the hell does Gerard Way not quit? He the LEAD VOCALIST!!
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
August 8th, 2008 at 09:38am
Well, it's people's choice. As long as they do't smoke anywhere near nonsmokers and kids.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
August 8th, 2008 at 09:39am
ChipmunkOnKetamine:
The?!Society:
It causes serious addiction problems and lung cancer, which makes me wonder why it's not illegal like drugs, because really, they're are the same.

I'm probably a bit late, but the reason they don't make tobacco products illegal, is because the government makes too much money off of them. they are taxed inordinately, which in the UK they say goes towards paying for the health care the smokers need, but in the US, it goes on other things, that could probably do with the money. They wont make it illegal, because it makes too much money for them. They will ban smoking indoors, and advertizing, and raise the legal age because then it makes people think that they are 'doing something about it', but really, they aren't doing anything, because kids that smoke, will keep on smoking, and if you really want to smoke, you can still go outside.

What a bunch of jerks (the people who are making money off of it) Disgust
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 8th, 2008 at 03:05pm
Darkromance:
I don't smoke. I know someone who got lung cancer because of 2nd hand smoke, and its not pretty after someone gets a huge chunk of a lung taken out. And I've seen what happens to people's bodies when they smoke.. There's nothing good about it, and its pointless. I started singing, and smoking is really bad especially for your voice...

It isn't pretty, I admit, but for the smoker, it seems worth it. The feeling you get after smoking is amazing, and it can be addicting, not to every person who tries, but about 80%.

And it is not the easist thing to quite, I know Frank and Gerard have tried to stop mulitple times, they are just to addicted, and Gerard's vioce still is nothing less then amazing. But i don't comdemn cigerettes much because i use to smoke, I was forced to quit but in all honesty once I turn 18 I plan and restarting up
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
August 9th, 2008 at 10:07am
Darkromance:
Well, it's people's choice. As long as they do't smoke anywhere near nonsmokers and kids.

But the flipside to that argument is that there are just as many hard-core smokers who believe that it is their right to smoke no matter who is around.

A recent example: the Disney parks (I live in Orlando and go often) are smoke-free with the exception of designated smoking areas, and have been for the last several years, they converted back in 2002. But there are always families where their children are sitting there right next to their smoking parent, who is talking to them and blowing the smoke right into their faces. And not once in all the time I've gone have I not seen someone who thinks that they are the exception to the rule walking around smoking a cigarette wherever they please.

Look as you drive around how many cars have smoking drivers and children in the car with them. Once, driving in the midwest, I actually saw a woman light up a cigarette, hand it to her son (who was maybe 12) and then light another for herself. I just about wrecked the car I was so shocked.

I don't smoke but I have friends who do, and they are (usually) considerate enough to step outside and do it away from where I am. I had a friend who didn't, and we are no longer friends because I would get sick whenever we would hang out. They valued their smoking more than their friendships.
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 11th, 2008 at 01:24am
Smoke if you want.

I don't really consider this that serious of a problem.
Smokers know their risks.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 11th, 2008 at 10:05pm
argh, I just had my first after 3 months of trying to quit, they can just so addicting to some people. I forgot how great they make you feel
Bad Kids
Salute You in Your Grave
Bad Kids
August 13th, 2008 at 10:28am
I'd never smoke in my life, I have asthma, as soon as my dad lights a cigarette, I either choke, my throat clogs up, or I end up passing out.
It's almost thrown my family into bankruptcy, as my dad smokes about 50 a day, my mum secretly smokes.
My nan quit after 10 years, just so I wouldn't be in any danger.

Personally, my family never been healthy, i'll probably end up smoking as well, even though I don't want to.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 16th, 2008 at 01:38am
LOL!;;:
I'd never smoke in my life, I have asthma, as soon as my dad lights a cigarette, I either choke, my throat clogs up, or I end up passing out.
It's almost thrown my family into bankruptcy, as my dad smokes about 50 a day, my mum secretly smokes.
My nan quit after 10 years, just so I wouldn't be in any danger.

Personally, my family never been healthy, i'll probably end up smoking as well, even though I don't want to.
if you personally don't want to, then you don't have to, jjust because your family does it, doesn't mean you have to, like if no one else in your family has graduated high school, that doesn't mean automatically you have to drop out
sir_pleb
Jazz Hands
sir_pleb
August 16th, 2008 at 07:54pm
Darkromance:

Most rock vocalists smoke, it's imperfection that makes a rock singer. If Gerard was in a choir, or regularly sung high notes without resorting to falsetto it might be a problem but he's smoked thus far and still has a voice so I can't see it doing much more damage.