Don't have an account? Create one!

Smoking cigarettes

AuthorMessage
xxmychemicalromancex
Killjoy
xxmychemicalromancex
August 2nd, 2007 at 08:58pm
What do you think about Smoking cigarettes??
Is it like smoking a cancer stick??
Or is more like relieving stress??
raventears
Killjoy
raventears
August 2nd, 2007 at 11:00pm
its a stress relever and a cancer stick i smoke and my lungs cant take runing short distances anymore i used to be able to run for a while but now i can only run a few feet before my lungs give out so if you smoke quit *i know its hard* and if you dont stay like that
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 3rd, 2007 at 03:48am
I quit after I became a serious vocalist, but I support my friends that smoke. They know what they are putting in their body, but for some of them, smoking seems like a part of them. As long as someone is aware of what they are doing im fine and don't try to force them off of the habit.
Conviction
Fabulous Killjoy
Conviction
August 3rd, 2007 at 04:23am
personally, i would never smoke. my grandpa died from lung cancer due to smoking. my grandma is damn near dead and has emphizema. and my other grandpa is on the same road. i guess you could say i've been scared into not smoking. but they're all chain smokers and my family has never been a very healthy bunch to begin with. i guess some people are luckier than they are.
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
August 3rd, 2007 at 04:35am
Well, my mother is a respiratory therapist.
So I get told, in detail, the things that happen to you when you smoke.
O.O
Scares the crap out of me! Of course, she's most likely exagerating, but I don't care.
It's a stress reliever and creator. It's a cancer stick. But people do it anyway.
My father also smokes, but he thinks no one knows. He thinks we're all completely oblivious.
delicious poison
Demolition Lover
delicious poison
August 3rd, 2007 at 07:59am
I'll admit it right here, I am a smoker. I've often wondered what the anti-smoking and anti-drug people would make of me, because I didn't start because I was pressured into it by my friends. I literally thought one day, "This sounds like something I want to try."

As for all the horror stories and such, I'm not so sure about them. Yes, smoking is bad, no, smoking is not cool. HOWEVER, I'm not sure all the scare tactics people use are necessary. People are going to do what they're going to do, regardless of what you tell them. But I digress...

I haven't been smoking for very long. It'll be a year next month. They used to make me feel like crap, but now they're really soothing, especially if I'm particularly angry or upset about something.

By no means am I saying "Smoking is great! Go do it!" I'm not saying that at all. It's a filthy habit, but that's all it is: a habit. As long as you maintain control of yourself, it shouldn't be too hard to quit if you one day decide you want to.

When I started smoking, I said to myself, "If I ever say the words 'I need a cigarette,' I'll quit." So far, I haven't needed a cigarette.
Pilgrim.
Salute You in Your Grave
Pilgrim.
August 3rd, 2007 at 06:46pm
Another smoker here. I've been smoking for about nine years now, I think. Too long.

I can't really even remember WHY I started smoking. I think it was something to rebel against your parents with. So far, I haven't considered quitting seriously. Yes, I know the health hazards, I know that I can't smell properly and I myself smell disgusting to a non-smoker. Yet I've never had a good enough reason to seriously try to quit. Maybe now that they banned smoking in bars and restaurants I'd have a good reason to even try. Most probably I'll just stay at home.

And no, it will not be easy for me to quit. I've been smoking for too long, and I smoke too much for quitting to be easy. I'll be driving everyone around me crazy when I decide to do that.

For all of you smart kids who don't smoke; don't start. It's expensive, it's annoying and it might ruin your health.
The-Rumour
Killjoy
The-Rumour
August 3rd, 2007 at 10:48pm
I don't think I'll ever smoke, but I don't hold it against people who do.
It's their choice, and the majority of them understand what they're doing to their body.

Honestly, I think it's hypocritical for people to say:
'You shouldn't smoke! That's bad for you! It's damaging your health!'

Because, the intake of too much fat in a diet and not enough exercise is bad for you too, and that can damage your health to the point where it can also kill, just like cigarettes.

I hate how it smells, and it is a [filthy] habit, but everyone's got habits.
At the end of the day, the important thing is who you are as a person, and the difference you make whilst you are alive.

In the words of Mikey Way, 'You gotta choose your poisons!'
banging bear.
Always Born a Crime
banging bear.
August 4th, 2007 at 01:04am
The-Rumour:
I don't think I'll ever smoke, but I don't hold it against people who do.
It's their choice, and the majority of them understand what they're doing to their body.

Honestly, I think it's hypocritical for people to say:
'You shouldn't smoke! That's bad for you! It's damaging your health!'

Because, the intake of too much fat in a diet and not enough exercise is bad for you too, and that can damage your health to the point where it can also kill, just like cigarettes.

I hate how it smells, and it is a [filthy] habit, but everyone's got habits.
At the end of the day, the important thing is who you are as a person, and the difference you make whilst you are alive.

In the words of Mikey Way, 'You gotta choose your poisons!'

I completely agree with everything you said. I don't think i'll smoke. And I don't want to. My parents and sisters are chain-smokers so I'm always smelling the smoke. (good thing my parents are quitting soon)
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
August 4th, 2007 at 01:55am
I smoke. I know what Im doing to my body. I really dont care. Everyone dies some time in their life, I dont really care if its a few years earlier then expected. It does relieve stress for me, but It also just is a part of me. Ive been smoking for 3-4 years now, and im fine with that. If you dont like whats in it or what it does to you then, easy, dont smoke.
Ad Astra
Salute You in Your Grave
Ad Astra
August 4th, 2007 at 03:57am
Im not a smoker.. Wont ever be. Ive seen the effects it has on the human body but its peoples lives and thier choice to waste their money and health. the best way to quit smoking is to never start.
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
August 4th, 2007 at 06:58am
I see smoking as a stress reliever which will only cause more stress... which preempts more to be smoked. I don't think it's rocket science...
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 4th, 2007 at 07:01am
haha, when I smoked I never got stressed after smoking. It was always very calming and toned down cravings and whatnot as well as stress.

Ok..I probably shouldn't be promoting smoking, but I suppose im stilln a little sad I quit T_T
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
August 5th, 2007 at 11:54am
I dunno If this is Right
- But i think some people do it to escape? Like Stress Reliever... I dont no really thats How i always Thought of It.
I never thought it was a bad thing. it may crap your body but you got the freedom to do it. Though Cancer by mcr did kind of get to me...
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
August 5th, 2007 at 12:09pm
To escape? You mean as a stress-reliever? Yes, that's what many smokers claim.
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
August 5th, 2007 at 12:10pm
It's one of those things that shouldn't be encouraged, but shouldn't be banned. In my opinion.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
August 5th, 2007 at 12:20pm
I'm not a smoker but my friend is. Sometimes I worry about him if he dies by cancer or something but I can't force him to quit either... I guess its hard to quit... I agree with streaks in the sky.
XGiddyAsAGangBangerX
Killjoy
XGiddyAsAGangBangerX
August 5th, 2007 at 07:54pm
i feel exactly the same as other smokers here...i smoke, i know the dangers, but i'm not all that bothered to be completely honest! i don't want to get old, but since you do get old, i therefore don't want to live forever, or for a very long time either! i mean if you live to 70 or 80, why would there be any desire to go on to 90??! old is old, i'll only want that kinda life for so long, and then i'll want to move on!
i've been smoking 2/3 years now...i'm a social smoker (if you smoke, and your friends smoke, its simply ritual to go outside for a few ciggies together!! in an unhealthy way, it brings people together! lol...lame, i know) and i'm a stress smoker, they help me relax and i usually have one or two while sitting contemplating my life=P
i will eventually give up, just cos i've always planned on getting healthier in general as i get older. but i also don't take it THAT seriously.

(and yes, my nan died with lung problems...i loved her and miss her dearly. but she was 82...i'm not even sure i want to live that long...)
beautiful loser.
Really Not Okay
beautiful loser.
August 5th, 2007 at 08:55pm
im kind of against smoking because its a freakin cancer stick. sure, i may have smoked once or twice, but after a few family members died, i went against it
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
August 5th, 2007 at 09:00pm
^ That's ironic, seeing as you have a little smiley smoking next to your username.