Don't have an account? Create one!

Smoking cigarettes

AuthorMessage
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 8th, 2008 at 01:51pm
I'm anti-smoking... It's so bad for you! My aunt just stopped, and I'm so proud of her.. Now, two of my friends are smoking, and they cough all the time...
disenchanted romance
Awake and Unafraid
disenchanted romance
September 9th, 2008 at 09:52pm
i smoke sometimes and i can control it but i wouldn't recommend it. if you don't want to get sick and you want to live longer then refrain from smoking coz it's addictive.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
September 12th, 2008 at 09:38pm
i once stayed over my friend lauren's house who's a proper chain smoker like.
and i had a few drags.
it took me ages to even master the art of "taking back" as she called it. xD
and once i did, i went really light headed. :]

so now, i don't smoke. i only have two friends who (say they've) never smoked.
the rest vary from "chimney" to "i'll have a drag if you're offering".
so tbh. it is possible to avoid peer pressure if you really don't want to do something.
(lol, it makes me laugh when my mates are like, "gorra light kat?" and i'm like,
"when have i ever smoked around you love?" bahaa.)

oh, and my mate aaron just quit smoking. (well, he's gone from a few a day to one
or two a month.)
and it's only now that he's starting to get a really bad smoker's cough. xD

but yeah. it's unhealthy, but so's a lot of things really. it's up to you if you wanna
mess your lungs up.
& if you don't smoke, you've probably got damaged lungs from passive smoking.
so really, in our society, we've all got messed up lungs, whether we like it or not.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
September 18th, 2008 at 10:13pm
body snatcher.:
oh, and my mate aaron just quit smoking. (well, he's gone from a few a day to one
or two a month.)
and it's only now that he's starting to get a really bad smoker's cough. xD
Then that's not really quitting smoking, now is it? Smoking one or two a month still means you're a smoker, you just don't do it as often as you used to.
Shifty2
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 4th, 2008 at 03:34pm
My Dear Delirious:
Darkromance:
I don't smoke. I know someone who got lung cancer because of 2nd hand smoke, and its not pretty after someone gets a huge chunk of a lung taken out. And I've seen what happens to people's bodies when they smoke.. There's nothing good about it, and its pointless. I started singing, and smoking is really bad especially for your voice...

And why the hell does Gerard Way not quit? He the LEAD VOCALIST!!

It isn't pretty, I admit, but for the smoker, it seems worth it. The feeling you get after smoking is amazing, and it can be addicting, not to every person who tries, but about 80%.

And it is not the easist thing to quite, I know Frank and Gerard have tried to stop mulitple times, they are just to addicted, and Gerard's vioce still is nothing less then amazing. But i don't comdemn cigerettes much because i use to smoke, I was forced to quit but in all honesty once I turn 18 I plan and restarting up
\

wow...are you sure that you wouldn't want to keep it up while youre ahead? You've already gotten past the point of withdrawal, so why not keep going? My brother smoked from age 16 to 21. he quit (he used the patch)
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
October 5th, 2008 at 06:05pm
i dont smoke
hey if you want to though its your choice its your body just as long as you kno what exactly your putting into your body and the possible affects that could happen. i dont have anything against people who do smoke though thats stupid i hate when people do that my one firends that way
geradsredskittle666
Really Not Okay
geradsredskittle666
October 6th, 2008 at 04:58am
Its both really. I smoked for a while to relieve stress and with friends. I was never addicted...only a social smoker. One day I didn't needed it as much when stressed out.

I can't run as far anymore....proberly not a good thing.
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
October 6th, 2008 at 06:09am
tbh its not up to other people to judge
people who smoke are fully aware that its dangerous

but theres warnings on everything now
so tbh stuff it all

do what makes you happy, you're gonna die anyway
might aswell die happy

=]
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 6th, 2008 at 10:30am
Please remember to capitalise your sentences refrain from using chatspeak (:
teenagers.
Jazz Hands
teenagers.
October 6th, 2008 at 04:11pm
you wanna try it? go. go smoke a pack or two. see what happens to you in, oh idk, 10, 20 years. WONT BE GOOD. its terrible.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
October 6th, 2008 at 05:33pm
I'd like to remind everyone to actually contribute to the debate.
HintFEAR08
Killjoy
HintFEAR08
October 16th, 2008 at 07:02pm
raventears:
its a stress relever and a cancer stick i smoke and my lungs cant take runing short distances anymore i used to be able to run for a while but now i can only run a few feet before my lungs give out so if you smoke quit *i know its hard* and if you dont stay like that

Cigarettes are stress relieving cancer sticks.
Emerald Muerte
Bleeding on the Floor
Emerald Muerte
October 17th, 2008 at 02:55am
Smoking is disgusting, I think it's gradually getting less popular for the current generation because of all the science being revealed to us which is awesome. Knowledge is power I guess. :]
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 17th, 2008 at 11:13am
HintFEAR08:

Cigarettes are stress relieving cancer sticks.

Please make sure you explain things to support your reasoning. This isn't really contributing to the discussion.

This goes to all other posters to.

Thanks =D
vacant3by4-
Killjoy
vacant3by4-
October 18th, 2008 at 07:25pm
I know everyones like, smoking isn't cool, but..

I smoke for 3 reasons;
1. It's something I "shouldn't do", and I'm 15, naturally, I want to do it.
2. It IS cool. How can I look up to my idols, Gerard Way, Frank Iero, Kat Von D, Slash, without being like.. hey, they're smoking and it looks kinda cool.
3. I smoke socially; theres nothing like a good chat and a smoke, or being wasted and having a smoke lol.
4. Its stress relieving. Some of the worst nights of my life I think; god, i could go with a smoke.

I don't think I'll smoke any more when I turn 18. I smoke with friends, at parties, or maybe the odd one with me and a friend when I'm "stressed". I don't see my situation changing. I know the dangers; I'm not stupid. But I can't help but think, drinking fucks your liver up with excessive use, and people don't get on at alcoholics half as much as they get on smokers.
I'm aware that people I am around when I smoke may be offended, if say they have a relative that has died from smoking, and I am NOT insensitive to that, it's just, we don't all stop driving cars cause someone got run over do we?

And i smoke lights so y'know (:

Anyway that's my opinion, anyone wanna talk about it message me.
One
Killjoy
One
October 20th, 2008 at 12:25am
I smoke despite my emphysema problem, I'm trying to give up. You really don't know how hard it is until you actually smoke for three years and then try to give up. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must before someone who's been smoking their entire life.
it's all happening
Salute You in Your Grave
it's all happening
November 16th, 2008 at 03:59pm
I have mild asthma, and smoking/being around people who smoke can sometimes mess with my breathing pattern. I can't even begin to imagine what it feels like for people with severe asthma, or those who are allergic to cigarette smoke. Your throat closes up, your heartbeat quickens, and it is the worst feeling you will ever have.

I'm all for doing what you wanna do. But for those of us who don't choose to smoke, is it fair to subject us to secondhand smoking?

Furthermore, unborn children can be affected just by the pregnant mother inhaling smoke (just as prescription drugs and drinking can). Is it fair for them?

I think not.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
November 16th, 2008 at 07:09pm
vacant3by4-:
I smoke for 3 reasons;
2. It IS cool. How can I look up to my idols, Gerard Way, Frank Iero, Kat Von D, Slash, without being like.. hey, they're smoking and it looks kinda cool.
um, I just wanted to piont out, you claim your idols look cool smoking...but well Gerard and Frank are always telling people not to start. They might be considered hypocrits, but they probably are alot like some of my aunts and uncles who smoke, thay all hate it and are addicted, but they are like cigerettes slaves.

How would you feel if you knew alot of little kids looked up to you and they saw you smoke and they go around and first pretend to be "smoking" a carrot or a pretzel stick or whatever, then get alittle older and start smoking for real and they justify it because for years they watched you smoke. When I was little I lived with my aunt on like weekends and stuff, I remember always watching her smoke and thinking it was really cool, but I'd see someone else smoke and think it was disgusting. I would try to copy her. Once she thought I was smoking (and I was I just didn't want to tell her) and she started aplogizing.

I have pretty bad asthma, and yet I use to be a smoker. I feel the effects everytime I'm in PE. At the time I really loved it, but stopping when I was addicted and remember what it was like, that is something I don't like
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
November 16th, 2008 at 07:22pm
I would personally rather see weed legalized and cigarettes outlawed. It's so backwards. We're legally allowed to smoke the shit that's made with tar and chemicals, but something all natural is suddenly the devil's plant? It's retarded.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
November 16th, 2008 at 10:46pm
Faye Merci:
I would personally rather see weed legalized and cigarettes outlawed. It's so backwards. We're legally allowed to smoke the shit that's made with tar and chemicals, but something all natural is suddenly the devil's plant? It's retarded.
I agree. It's easier to get hooked on tobacco than pot, and I believe in the long term tobacco causes more harm.

Having said that, the chemicals they pump into hydroponically-grown pot isn't that nice. I think pot would only be much less harmful if it was grown in it's natural state.

But I digress; this isn't a pot debate XD