Don't have an account? Create one!

Smoking cigarettes

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 25th, 2009 at 09:18pm
^Just a question, why do you continue to do it if you admit it's so disgusting, expensive and pointless?
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 26th, 2009 at 12:54pm
Seriously, WHY smoke ciggarettes when you can just wear the patch instead?!! I knew a person who used the patch to wean himself off of cigarettes, and one time he put a couple on him when the adhesive from one or more that he took off was still on his skin, and he woke up with his heart beating rapidly.
In my opinion it's all nasty, but there's alternatives instead of ruining your throat and lungs! WHy not just eat some eggplant? Hot about some banana peels? They have nicotine in them.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 26th, 2009 at 01:02pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Kill All My Friends:
I tried smoking once or twice, and I'm thinking about commiting to it.
I know it sounds stupid.....: (

Seriously, coming from a pack-a-day smoker... you will regret it. Worst thing you could possibly do, apart from maybe sticking your finger in a toaster or driving your car off a bridge just to see what happens...
lol dude it's not like it's a hobby! I don't think you want to do that. it can develop into a physical addiction. My health teacher told my class that his mother smoked, but for the past 20 years or so she hasn't been doing it, even though she's been getting cravings for it.
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
October 26th, 2009 at 04:56pm
My parents haven't smoked in ten years and my brother is a smoker.
I personaly don't smoke because I don't want to poison my body.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 26th, 2009 at 07:09pm
Darkromance:
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Kill All My Friends:
I tried smoking once or twice, and I'm thinking about commiting to it.
I know it sounds stupid.....: (

Seriously, coming from a pack-a-day smoker... you will regret it. Worst thing you could possibly do, apart from maybe sticking your finger in a toaster or driving your car off a bridge just to see what happens...
lol dude it's not like it's a hobby! I don't think you want to do that. it can develop into a physical addiction. My health teacher told my class that his mother smoked, but for the past 20 years or so she hasn't been doing it, even though she's been getting cravings for it.

Okay, so then why are you "thinking of committing to it?" You're right, that does seem stupid. I cannot think of a single legitimate reason in any circumstance (except maybe that you will be killed if you don't and you'd rather live a few more years before developing cancer) to do that, knowing the risks. Not to mention how much it costs.
NikkiSixxx
Killjoy
NikkiSixxx
October 27th, 2009 at 05:18am
I'm a smoker, have been for 7 years. I had my first cigarette even before that. My mother quit smoking when she was pregnant for my older brother, but my father smoked as did everyone else in my family. I've been around second hand smoke so long, that when I tried one (I was 7 and stole it from my moms boyfriend) It didnt bother me. From the time I was 7, I would sneak them every few months or so, but I didnt start actually smoking until I was 11. I know, it sounds bad, but when you hang out with 16-19 year olds, you're bound to pick up a few bad habbits.

As for you, kill all my friends, don't do it. Take it from a smoker; its not cool. I'm 18 and have chronic bronchitis, along with a slew of throat problems already. I can't run more than 3 minutes, it makes you smell bad, and you're teeth turn yellow no matter how much you brush you're teeth.

I've tried quitting a few times, but it's hard. I managed to quit for 3 hours before I was clawing my eyes out.

Now, there are two different types of addiction.

Mental Addiction

Physical Addiction.

People with mental addictions to cigarettes THINK they need a cigarette. Their so used to doing everything with a cigarette that it seems impossible to do anything without one. When you drive, you smoke. After you eat, you smoke. These addictions are the easier ones to quit, because you can replace it with something.

I have a physical addiction, which is much, MUCH worse. Physical addictions to cigarettes are more at random. You don't fall into a routine of when you smoke, you just do. At random times, whenever you feel like you need one. This is where people become more addicted, because they smoke more. I'm unfortunatley up to a pack or more a day. You need the cigarette, and quitting is unbearable. The reason I only lasted 3 hours is because I started physically shaking from the lack of nicotine. When you smoke for so long, it really does become a part of you. I tried the patch, it didnt work. I smoked a cigarette while wearing it and I felt like I was having a heart attack. Oh, and the gum? It tastes like freaking cement!

I tell everyone who's not addicted to just stop before it becomes a real addiction.

Okay, sorry, I was rambling.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
October 30th, 2009 at 05:28pm
NikkiSixxx:

I have a physical addiction, which is much, MUCH worse. Physical addictions to cigarettes are more at random. You don't fall into a routine of when you smoke, you just do. At random times, whenever you feel like you need one. This is where people become more addicted, because they smoke more. I'm unfortunatley up to a pack or more a day. You need the cigarette, and quitting is unbearable. The reason I only lasted 3 hours is because I started physically shaking from the lack of nicotine. When you smoke for so long, it really does become a part of you. I tried the patch, it didnt work. I smoked a cigarette while wearing it and I felt like I was having a heart attack. Oh, and the gum? It tastes like freaking cement!

I tell everyone who's not addicted to just stop before it becomes a real addiction.

i feel your pain. i shake and get angry so quickly when i'm suffering from withdrawal. it's ridiculous. the patch didn't work on me either, and the gum is disgusting. disgusting doesn't even begin to describe it, actually. ergh. i'm almost on a pack a day these days. it's really quite horrible.
NikkiSixxx
Killjoy
NikkiSixxx
October 30th, 2009 at 05:34pm
dee dee ramone.:
NikkiSixxx:

i feel your pain. i shake and get angry so quickly when i'm suffering from withdrawal. it's ridiculous. the patch didn't work on me either, and the gum is disgusting. disgusting doesn't even begin to describe it, actually. ergh. i'm almost on a pack a day these days. it's really quite horrible.

I'm extremely irritable when I don't have nicotine. When I was in high school, my homeroom teacher could tell if I had a cigarette or not in the morning by my moods. My boss can tell the same thing.

I tried this smokeless cigarette thing to try and quit, but I realized that's just to make you feel like you're smoking. Physical addictions are unbearable.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
October 30th, 2009 at 05:36pm
I tried this smokeless cigarette thing to try and quit, but I realized that's just to make you feel like you're smoking. Physical addictions are unbearable.

Is that the electric cigarette?
NikkiSixxx
Killjoy
NikkiSixxx
November 1st, 2009 at 01:37am
John St. John:

Is that the electric cigarette?

Yes, and its re-chargeable.

Don't believe the hype; its supposed to kill you're cravings for one by giving you the taste of it, but it just sucks.
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 1st, 2009 at 07:57am
What do you guys think about the whole thing in the UK where they're thinking of banning smoking in cars?
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
November 1st, 2009 at 09:28am
^ Well I don't know what Britain's specifics are, but it just became illegal here to smoke in a car if you're carrying passengers under the age of 16. Which I, as a pack a day smoker AND a mother of two, applaud whole-heartedly. I have never and will never smoke in the car if my kids are in it (actually, I haven't smoked in the car at all since I was pregnant, as the toxins absorb into fabrics etc and can have an effect on your kids long after the cigarette has been discarded - which is also why I banned smoking from my house when I found out I was pregnant with my first child and have never allowed a lit cigarette inside my home since), I don't need a law to tell me it's selfish and bordering on abusive to smoke in such proximity to children, but it really makes me sad that others are so blase about their kids' health that they needed to make it a law.

One thing that does piss me off regarding smoking in cars, though, is when self-righteous non-smokers bitch and whine about smokers flicking butts out of their windows while driving. Just for the record, I couldn't stub it out in the car's ashtray even if I wanted to stink up my car that badly, as newer cars do not have ashtrays or cigarette lighters installed - if you want to smoke in your car, you have to flick the butt out the window when you're done.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
November 1st, 2009 at 01:06pm
NikkiSixxx:

Yes, and its re-chargeable.

Don't believe the hype; its supposed to kill you're cravings for one by giving you the taste of it, but it just sucks.

They've worked on 3 of my family members who've quit for good.

If were talking about the same thing, there not made to just make you feel like your smoking by giving you the taste, they give you a healthier dose of nicotine without the other toxins present in cigarettes. I know many have features like giving a flavour, and the end lighting up as if its been lit but it should be giving you the nicotine that you crave so that it replaces actually cigarettes and makes it easier to give up eventually - maybe you should try a stronger nicotine solution when you order the things.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
November 1st, 2009 at 05:00pm
Sid:

As a smoker, I actually agree with the ban. In the UK, it's illegal to smoke in enclosed public space and now the thought of lighting up inside a restaurant while I'm or others are trying to eat is actually quite repulsive and inconsiderate. The way I see it is, I don't expect people to have a go at me for something that is my choice, just as I wouldn't expect them to let me force them to take part in second hand smoking.

In this day and age, we know about the dangers of smoking and how stupid it is so anyone that starts/continues are informed enough to make their own decision. Personally, it irritates me when people have a go at me for smoking if it's not affecting them. If you can't see it/smell it/taste it then let me get on with it, because I do make a conscious effort to keep it away from other people. I know it's bad for me and I say it's my 'choice' when really it's not because I am actually addicted but that's my own fault. I don't like the idea of smoking -aside from the fact that it's bad for you it's also incredably expensive and generally completely pointless.

I agree. If someone wants to do it, and thier doing it away from others. People shouldn't throw a fit.

Honestly I see no problem in doing it in public parks and such late at night when children won't be out, then it wouldn't be affecting the most at risk people to second hand smoke. I have no problem as long as people don't smoke in places with alot of children right there and if they throw away thier butts. I don't even see a problem in smoking in alleys and streets, cause even if their are people around it would only afect them for what? maybe 10 seconds?
Cardboardbox
Joining The Black Parade
Cardboardbox
November 4th, 2009 at 04:55am
I smoke and so I'm obviously not against it, however with the ban of not smoking inside public places and all is fair I guess, I never did anyway. Still living at home I'm used to going outside to smoke (beside the sometimes lazyness resulting in me sitting by the window in my room and blowing the smoke outside).
If people don't like me smoking near them, I would rather they just tell me or move away themselves. If asked nicely I would have no problem to just move away a couple of steps.
My car is a smoke free zone, the smell is horrible and I often have to pick up my little sister and drive her (shes four) and I'd rather not drive her around in a car smelling like an ashtray, she wouldn't understand haha.

Whats more annoying though is the looks I get, people always think I'm smoking weed and give me hell for it, I smoke amberleaf..roll up cigarettes -_-
MCRmusicmonster
Really Not Okay
MCRmusicmonster
November 4th, 2009 at 02:45pm
My grandpa died form smoking so I'm kinda not into it.
try
Killjoy
try
November 5th, 2009 at 07:23pm
eh, yeah. i've smoked before, its not too bad though. it's not really addicting, it kind of gives you a headache afterwards. I kinda liked it though, but i don't think i'll ever do it again. I hate smelling like cigarettes.
water-cooler-romance
Killjoy
water-cooler-romance
November 6th, 2009 at 01:04am
ive always seemed to love the smell of smoke, i think its because both my parents smoked when i was little. i had my first smoke when i was 15 and my best friend and i found a whole one on the ground, we smoked it together and then this summer she got her friend to pull a pack for us. id only have one mabye every two weeks. I just loved the taste and smell and didn't think of it as addictive. Now i just started dating a smoker of 9 years, so i have been smoking the past two weeks. I am an extremly substance sensitve person and get really buzzed even after one or two drags. When people give me shit about it i tend to say ill probably die of something else, and that i can quit later on if it becomes a problem. I know its bad for me, ive seen the packs and posters and everything else, but at this moment in life i dont really care.
VeexVenom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
VeexVenom
November 7th, 2009 at 08:05pm
Smoking kills. That's all I have to say.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 7th, 2009 at 08:57pm
VeexVenom:
Smoking kills. That's all I have to say.
please contribute more to the conversation than that. Thanks.