Don't have an account? Create one!

Smoking cigarettes

AuthorMessage
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 29th, 2009 at 06:34am
Kill All My Friends:
I tried smoking once or twice, and I'm thinking about commiting to it.
I know it sounds stupid.....: (

Seriously, coming from a pack-a-day smoker... you will regret it. Worst thing you could possibly do, apart from maybe sticking your finger in a toaster or driving your car off a bridge just to see what happens...
certain romance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
certain romance
April 29th, 2009 at 07:32pm
im against it!! even though i do smoke a lot,
started wen i was 13 cause my friends all did it and im 20 now and i cant quit- honestly its so hard and im fucked from it!
SianySTFU_8D
Killjoy
SianySTFU_8D
May 1st, 2009 at 03:56pm
I've tried it, and never want to do it again. It's basically paying to die, isn't it?
My mam smokes too. I wish she wouldn't.
MCR4EV
Killjoy
MCR4EV
May 1st, 2009 at 06:28pm
Smoking is a choice even though people know the dangers that dosen't stop people i enjoy smoking it calms me down and is my me time, I'm sick of smoking bans in pubs its wrong to smoke now even though its legal. I wouldnt advise anyone to start its been 9 years since i started.
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
May 1st, 2009 at 10:02pm
Well, Is there anything that can be done to either help smokers quit
or limit the amount of people that are doing it?

I know governments have started techniques, but are they working?
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
May 1st, 2009 at 10:41pm
^ In Britain, I believe, they've greatly raised taxes on cigarettes. One result is that people have started buying (cheaper) cigarettes on the black market.

Where I live, it might have just been my state (Massachusetts) or the entire country (USA), there were giving out coupons or something like that for nicotine patches.
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
May 1st, 2009 at 10:51pm
Well in Australia, they have horrific photo's of the outcomes of smoking on the packets.

But it doesn't really do anything because people can just put them in cigarette cases.
Your Ghost.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Your Ghost.
May 17th, 2009 at 06:03pm
Smoking can lead to cancer which can lead to death. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm out.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
May 18th, 2009 at 02:53am
Coming from a non-smoker,
I don't really care about the smoking ban myself. It didn't ever used to bother me in restaurants or whatever,
and in some places I actually kind of miss the smell. But yeah, I guess it's good for the workers.

If people want to smoke, let them smoke.
vacant3by4-
Killjoy
vacant3by4-
May 19th, 2009 at 07:42pm
in britain they banned smoking in enclosed public spaces. that deters people.

i smoke. i like smoking.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 20th, 2009 at 10:14am
vacant3by4-:
No, it doesn't. At all.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 20th, 2009 at 06:59pm
vacant3by4-:

i smoke. i like smoking.
just because you like it doesn't mean others do too.

i think it's kinda nice to be able to go somewhere and not worry about inhaling smoke. it's not really fair that people who might have medical conditions such as asthma to stay away from places they like. so you have to go outside if you want to light up. it's not that bad.
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
May 20th, 2009 at 11:40pm
i agree with the smoking ban 100 percent.
i am a smoker, and find it slightly annoying, but in the end, it benefits so many other people. there are so many people with medical conditions that can not be around any kind of cigarrette smoke.
and not only that, but second hand smoke can also cause lung cancer. its not just smoking the actual cig itself.
its a good idea to keep the two seperate. it could keep the lung disease and asthma rates down..
not by much, but it could still make a difference.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 21st, 2009 at 10:31am
cannibal girl.:
iit benefits so many other people. there are so many people with medical conditions that can not be around any kind of cigarrette smoke.
Honestly, I think the "studies" are bollocks. My grandparents smoked in the faces of all of their children, my mother smoked in my face, and so far, we're all doing fine. If you have a special condition, that's one thing, but that's not most people.
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
May 21st, 2009 at 01:05pm
Deb:
Honestly, I think the "studies" are bollocks. My grandparents smoked in the faces of all of their children, my mother smoked in my face, and so far, we're all doing fine. If you have a special condition, that's one thing, but that's not most people.

but there are many people in america with severe asthma, who if they even come into contact with cigarette smoke, can send them into an asthma attack.
the ban was put there to prevent this from happening, therefore, making it a good idea.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 21st, 2009 at 01:36pm
cannibal girl.:
but there are many people in america with severe asthma, who if they even come into contact with cigarette smoke, can send them into an asthma attack.
People have always had asthma and people have always smoked. Show me the numbers going down and I'll consider it. They also blamed the high rate of asthma on cockroaches; we've always had those, too.
Criminal.Poet
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Criminal.Poet
May 21st, 2009 at 06:05pm
Im not going to bother going through every page to see if my opinion has been stated already but....

I think that if someone chooses to smoke then that's perfectly fine as long as they know what they are putting in their body. I have smoked a few times and while I enjoy the relaxing effect I dont think it's worth it in the long run. I think that everyone should have the right to make theirown decsision as long as their not putting others in danger. I think that it's great to have smoking and non-smoking areas. I don't mind at all if people smoke, just as long as they are respectful of people who don't.
bellamurte
Killjoy
bellamurte
May 22nd, 2009 at 06:35am
Deb:
They also blamed the high rate of asthma on cockroaches; we've always had those, too.

That really made me Shocked just then. How the hell can a cockroach effect the way you breathe?
I'm terribly asthmatic, and it's horrible. Smoking used to irrate me when I was younger because my lungs are screwed and I have no choice about it, but some people are perfectly fine and they choose to fill their lungs with that poisonous crap.
Though, truth be told, I started doing it a few months ago, it doesn't effect my chest at all. Asthma has alot of 'triggers' if you breathe in certain things or do certain things it can send you into a spasm. So for example, I can't run to much, go swimming -the pressure drives it crazy- spray deodorants or hairspray, breathe in chalk or charcoal dust -I'm an art student- laugh to much. Thats just a few things, the lists are endless.
But thinking about it, body sprays and hair sprays make my chest really bad, but yet people still spray them in the girls toilets, even people who KNOW its not good for me. Are the government gonna ban that too?
The only time I ever smoke one of those things is for stress relief. Its not even everyday, or even every week, just when I'm really stressed and I cant calm down.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 22nd, 2009 at 09:55am
bellamurte:
How the hell can a cockroach effect the way you breathe? But thinking about it, body sprays and hair sprays make my chest really bad, but yet people still spray them in the girls toilets, even people who KNOW its not good for me. Are the government gonna ban that too?
Exactamente Naughty Apparently, some study or another determined that cockroach droppings (ew) contain some sort of agent that act as negative inhalants for asthma sufferers. I'd much rather see the government ban those; they scare the shit out of me. That'd be an exercise in futility though; biologists believe that they will outlive us all
bellamurte
Killjoy
bellamurte
May 24th, 2009 at 03:40pm
Deb:
Exactamente Naughty Apparently, some study or another determined that cockroach droppings (ew) contain some sort of agent that act as negative inhalants for asthma sufferers. I'd much rather see the government ban those; they scare the shit out of me. That'd be an exercise in futility though; biologists believe that they will outlive us all

Don't biologists have more important things to do, Like find a cure for cancer?? Unless a cockroach has the cure I don't see much point in that experiment, and seriously, those things are tiny how the hell does their shit problem breathing Shocked
Horrible little things mind

Anyway, back on topic.
I understand why they banned smoking in public places, it still doesn't stop everyone mind. But some people genuinely don't like the smoke and things, and I'm sure it must bother some people with certain lung diseases :/
And then there's passive smoking...