Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:49pm
Alive and Inspired.:

Okay, I just wanna put some questions in for the sake of the discussion!

IF YOU DONT MIND FRERARD

1) Shouldnt the guys GF be taken into consideration?
2) Why have they suddenly started doing it lots now?
3) What about the younger fans who have parents with them?
4) Wont it attract the wrong type of crowd? (teenies etc.)
5) Does it matter that Frank and Jamia are married/engaged?
6) They might lose fans over this!

IF YOU DONT LIKE FRERARD

1) Isnt it a rock show? It shouldnt really be g-rated should it?
2) This has been going on for a while now, why speak up now? Wink
3) Its harmless, isnt it?
4) Is it being 'homophobic' to not like Frerard?
5) What do you think of other 'boy love' concerts?
6) Why do you mind it so much?

Just for the sake of the discussion! Wink
Im not on any side anymore to be honest, Im not too sure on where I stand! XD

>.< I hate being last on the page
Mikey's_Glasses
Banned
Mikey's_Glasses
August 8th, 2007 at 09:50pm
it's a good way to express their feelings on stage..and also a hidden message to all people DON'T BE AFRAID OF YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:56pm
mikey's_glasses:
it's a good way to express their feelings on stage..and also a hidden message to all people DON'T BE AFRAID OF YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION

But it isnt about that, its just that their doing in really sexually on stage!
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:57pm
Gerardcasm.:
Fucking Spastic:
i mean, no one is up in arms over gerard and bert's on stage relationship

and that was 3 years ago, and alot more intense than what he's doing now
*chokes*

I MISS THEM!

Me too Sad

I guess the reason why poeple are stating their opinions about it now is that Frerard kidna died down for a little and it's back full blast.
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 8th, 2007 at 10:14pm
I've already answered the rest of those questions a few pages back. But if someone truly stopping being a fan over this. They were probably not much of a fan to begin. So it's their lost. And they won't be missed. The boy love is just very small aspect of the show. If I see some of it onstage, I might cheer but 2 seconds later it's back to the show. Out of sight out of mind.

Sowing Season:
It guess it kinda encourages teenies but why should they have to change their live show for some kids who probably won't even like My Chem next year. My Chem shows have also had a lot of sex and swearing. Why should they change because of they have more younger fans? Maybe young kids shouldn't listen to My Chem.

Sowing Season:

Most rock shows are all ages. But that still doesn't mean young kids should be there. I see plenty of stuff that 13/14 and under kids maybe shouldn't see at all ages shows. It's up to parents to decide what is age appropriate for their child, not My Chemical Romance. If your parents don't like what My Chem is doing. That's awful, explain to them how incredible they are. Make them listen to one of Gerard's speeches. But if that doesn't work kids are just going to have to wait until their parents think that it is or turn 18. And I'm pretty sure most My Chem fans know what Ferard is and what their live show is like unless they are new to the fandom which if that is the case there's no doubt they will find out very soon. You can't expect a band to change for that. God knows I wouldn't.

I never lied about all the boy love at My Chem shows to my mom. I just made sure she never found out about it because I knew she would never approve. My mom doesn't agree with homosexuality. So I kept it a secret. I don't have to anymore since I'm adult and can do whatever I like. I was 16 at my first My Chem show. That's a good age for a rock show. My mom has never and will never go to a rock show with me. Parents shouldn't be a rock shows. They really get in the way. Do you really want your dad in a mosh pit? Your mom there at a show while you're rock out? No. Don't bring your parents to shows.

And it only over shadows the music if you let it.

Sowing Season:

Do they really need to give the same old speech every show after a while it starts to sounds like one of those school "Stay in school and don't do drugs" assemblies. After three years of being a My Chem fan, I know the message they are trying to spread. There's no need to hear it every show. When I go to a rock show I just wanna have a good time. I don't have to learn a moral lesson at every show. Besides between the ages of 16 and up you really should be making decisions because they are the right thing to do not because Gerard said so. Plus I like to see the boys having fun. The Black Parade Tour was soooo serious. The speeches made on that tour felt forced and so after school special. They made everything serious business. Lately things have been reminding me of 2005 and I love it.

Sowing Season:

I dunno, but I'm pretty they probably just get caught up in all the attention. I mean sometimes Gerard totally gets this happy evil genius look on his face when he is about to do something he knows will make the crowd go wild. But after a while I'm pretty sure all the boy love will go back to normal. Remember it's not only My Chem fans there. LP fans might not be so tolerant of homosexuality. That might have something to do with the increase.

Sowing Season:

I'm pretty sure if their girlfriend had a problem with it. The boys would stop. I really don't think Jamia is worried about Gerard trying to steal Frank away. I seriously doubt it.
AmberHurley
Fabulous Killjoy
AmberHurley
August 8th, 2007 at 10:16pm
i reeli dont have a huge problem with it..... i mean, if their music is going to continue to be amazing then thts all i care about
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 8th, 2007 at 10:22pm
Alive and Inspired.:

[i]
IF YOU DONT MIND FRERARD

5) Does it matter that Frank and Jamia are married/engaged?

1) I think if the guys girlfriends cared there wouldn't be any Frerard. At the moment it doesn't seem like they care.

2) Something about PR is making them horny Very Happy
That really isn't my answer. I really don't know why.

3) The guys can't stop doing what they do onstage just because of parents and the younger fans. Most fans are at the age where they can handle and understand Frerard and not freak out about it.

4) Yes and no. Yes, because all the crazy teenies desprate for boy love will show up. No, because this will the type of people MCR doesn't want at their shows out.

5) No, not really. She doesn't seem to mind at the moment. If she had something to say about it she would've said it already.

6) They may lose fans they may not. It all depends on each fan and how they take Frerard and whatnot..
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
August 8th, 2007 at 10:39pm
it's NOT just about sexual orientation, so don't you dare call me a "homophobe".
like, for example, if paramore did similar things, like if hayley decided she wanted to make out with josh on stage, i'd still think it was weird.
it's not that it's two guys that bothers me. it's that they're doing it in general, when i know their shows can be awesome without all that stuff happening.

edit.
and to whoever it was that told me that the band
is against homophobia yesterday,
i DO NOT have to have the same opinion as a band i like.
although i'm not homophobic, it wouldn't matter what they
thought even if i was.

ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
August 8th, 2007 at 10:55pm
Alive and Inspired.:
Alive and Inspired.:

[i]
IF YOU DONT MIND FRERARD

>.< I hate being last on the page

im sorry if this offends anyone but all im saying is that if they lose fans, doesnt that just prove that the fans arent commited to MCR as they probably have made out to everyone in the past!!
because if fans just suddenly decide ' OMG frerard!! this isnt worth it anymore' then what does it say to you! Cause its says to me that they arent being very good fans are they?!?!

(Again VERY SORRY if i have offended anyone, because that wasnt my intention, i just want to know why fans are dropping if its MCR's personal desicion, shouldnt they be backing them all the way or at least not turnig a blind eye)Crying or Very sad
(i know what im on about)
(***sorry for anyone offence***again***) Disgust

EDIT: Please dont hate me *hides*
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
August 8th, 2007 at 11:01pm
I think it is a wrong portrail of the band
The band hasn't done anything to support it
At the same time I'm sure the band knows it exists
If they had a problem with it they would speak out about it
Either way, I dislike it a lot.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 8th, 2007 at 11:09pm
brooke belligerent:
it's NOT just about sexual orientation, so don't you dare call me a "homophobe".
like, for example, if paramore did similar things, like if hayley decided she wanted to make out with josh on stage, i'd still think it was weird.
it's not that it's two guys that bothers me. it's that they're doing it in general, when i know their shows can be awesome without all that stuff happening.

edit.
thought even if i was.

You could've just said that yesterday and I would've apologized for calling you such. You came across as a homophobe by calling it "weird" and then not justifying yourself in the situation as you did just now, and I know it's not only me that thought so.

What I meant by the whole "the band doesn't support homophobia" thing is, I never meant you had to have the same opinion as them, but you (not you... but you know what I mean) shouldn't say things like that on the band's fanboards.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 8th, 2007 at 11:11pm
Alive and Inspired.:

[i]
IF YOU DONT MIND FRERARD

5) Does it matter that Frank and Jamia are married?

1. No. If their girlfriends have such a problem with it, I'm positive the boys would respect their wishes and stop.

2. I honestly have no answer for that. If you noticed they have been drowning their concerts with sexual acts. It's probably just to sell more tickets.

3. If the parents have a problem, then they can leave. No one is making them stay at the concert and it's not My Chemical Romance's responsibility. THOSE parents took THEIR kids. It's simple. Leave if you don't like it.

4. Who cares? You guys act like teenies are the devil. Let kids be kids. You can't do anything about it. We all have a little teenie inside us.

5. NO. Gerard and Frank are just having fun. Honestly, stop taking it so seriously.

6. Then they lose fans that never were their fans. If you're a true fan, shouldn't you be paying more attention to their music instead? I thought that fans who payed attention only to the sexual acts were "teenies", remember?

and for the people who don't like Ferard - leave them alone. It probably makes them uncomfortable. If they don't agree or like it then we just have to accept that and respect their opinions. And it doesn't mean they are homophobic. Seriously. Stop jumping at their throats, they don't have to like it.
ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
August 8th, 2007 at 11:15pm
My Dear Juliet.:
Alive and Inspired.:

[i]
IF YOU DONT MIND FRERARD

5) Does it matter that Frank and Jamia are married?

1. No. If their girlfriends have such a problem with it, I'm positive the boys would respect their wishes and stop.

2. I honestly have no answer for that. If you noticed they have been drowning their concerts with sexual acts. It's probably just to sell more tickets.

3. If the parents have a problem, then they can leave. No one is making them stay at the concert and it's not My Chemical Romance's responsibility. THOSE parents took THEIR kids. It's simple. Leave if you don't like it.

4. Who cares? You guys act like teenies are the devil. Let kids be kids. You can't do anything about it. We all have a little teenie inside us.

5. NO. Gerard and Frank are just having fun. Honestly, stop taking it so seriously.

6. Then they lose fans that never were their fans. If you're a true fan, shouldn't you be paying more attention to their music instead? I thought that fans who payed attention only to the sexual acts were "teenies", remember?

and for the people who don't like Ferard - leave them alone. It probably makes them uncomfortable. If they don't agree or like it then we just have to accept that and respect their opinions. And it doesn't mean they are homophobic. Seriously. Stop jumping at their throats, they don't have to like it.

For number 6. thats a better way of putting what i was trying to say lol

i agree with the rest aswell
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
August 8th, 2007 at 11:17pm
Gerardcasm.:
brooke belligerent:

edit.
thought even if i was.

You could've just said that yesterday and I would've apologized for calling you such. You came across as a homophobe by calling it "weird" and then not justifying yourself in the situation as you did just now, and I know it's not only me that thought so.

What I meant by the whole "the band doesn't support homophobia" thing is, I never meant you had to have the same opinion as them, but you (not you... but you know what I mean) shouldn't say things like that on the band's fanboards.

Embarassed
sorryyyyyy.
i'm just really horrible at phrasing things, but i didn't know how to put what i was thinking into words while not making me sound homophobic.
i didn't do a very good job of doing so, and i definitely apologize to anyone that may have taken offense to what i said.

[:
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 8th, 2007 at 11:20pm
brooke belligerent:
Embarassed
sorryyyyyy.
i'm just really horrible at phrasing things, but i didn't know how to put what i was thinking into words while not making me sound homophobic.
i didn't do a very good job of doing so, and i definitely apologize to anyone that may have taken offense to what i said.

[:
Meh, I could've done better myself. Not as defensive or whatever. I apologize for calling you a homophobe.

Good now?
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
August 8th, 2007 at 11:22pm
Gerardcasm.:
Meh, I could've done better myself. Not as defensive or whatever. I apologize for calling you a homophobe.

Good now?

yeah, we're good.
=D
Franktastic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Franktastic.
August 8th, 2007 at 11:52pm
Alive and Inspired.:

1. Uhm, no. It's having fun, it's not like Gerard and Frank are really into something that should bother their girls. Plus, Frerard has been going on since they started and it didn't really bothered anyone before.

2. I have no idea. But I have a theory though, they know that Frerard drives everyone nuts, and they've been touring around without it...Maybe they miss its effect.

3. Yes, I agree with My Dear Juliet. If they can't stand a sight of two guys making out, well no one is forcing them to stay. (Well, except of course their kids) But come on, how many fans brings their parents on a My Chemical Romance concert? A few.

4. So? They'd soon leave anyways. The usual goal of certified teenies is have sex with them cause they're 'hawt'. And we all know Frerard too ucky for their taste.

5. Maaaan, it's not like Frank is really having an affair with Gerard. And Jamia never really minded it since it started.

6. For my opinion they are free to go. No one wants a fan that can't stick by a band because they're 'fags'

--My brain isn't working, sorry if that didn't made sense.
FaDe_2_BlAcK
Bleeding on the Floor
FaDe_2_BlAcK
August 8th, 2007 at 11:57pm
i dont see anythig wrong with it!

personally, i think its just gee messing around, because he knows that it gets people talking, people talking good and people talking shit!

and in my personal opinion, i think its hot, but other than that they are just messing about, creating things that they know will rally people up!!
FrozenRose
Salute You in Your Grave
FrozenRose
August 9th, 2007 at 12:01am
I kind of think that maybe they do it for attention? I don't know, it could just be me. I mean, if they want to do it, no one can stop them, but still. It's like when they were playing an hour from where I live, and the flyer was like My Chemical Romance, The Black Parade, Muse (the concert was cancelled.), The Black Parade isn't necessary, because we all know it's still them with some alter-ego name they think they need to set a mood.

But again, it could just be me. As for the fanfics, the Frerard annoys me anyway.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 9th, 2007 at 12:02am
FrozenRose:
I kind of think that maybe they do it for attention? I don't know, it could just be me. I mean, if they want to do it, no one can stop them, but still. It's like when they were playing an hour from where I live, and the flyer was like My Chemical Romance, The Black Parade, Muse (the concert was cancelled.), The Black Parade isn't necessary, because we all know it's still them with some alter-ego name they think they need to set a mood.

But again, it could just be me. As for the fanfics, the Frerard annoys me anyway.
The Black Parade is the band they are on the record. That's the concept...