Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 8th, 2007 at 07:49am

^^
I did read your comments!
Your very pesuasive..... My views are kinda swaying after I've read all of these comments....
Sly
Laughing
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 8th, 2007 at 08:04am
I know. You put up a very good argument.Mr. Green I was referring to other people.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 8th, 2007 at 08:19am
I think Ferard is whatever. If that's what turns you guys on then fine. So what Frank is getting married, you guys can still dream can't you? There's no need to suck the fun out of each others twisted fantasies. A LOT of artists do the same thing. Does anyone remember the famous Britney Spears and Madonna kiss? I do. Travis McCoy from Gym Class Heroes has kissed William Beckett so many times. Everyone basically does the same thing. The only thing that freaks me out is Waycest or what ever it's called. I mean they're brothers, that's strange but if that's what gets you guys hot and sexual then go for it. Who are we to say what is appropriate or not? My Chemical Romance can suck each others dicks on stage, my point is that My Chemical Romance can do what ever the fuck they want. Yes, it may not be appropriate for the younger kids but that's the parents choice to take them to their concert, not My Chemical Romance's fault. My Chemical Romance is basically showing you that it's okay to be bisexual or gay. They're showing you in their own ways. They also just love the reactions they get and the attention.
sookeh.
Crash Queen
sookeh.
August 8th, 2007 at 08:21am
I agree completley My Dear Juliet.
btw i love your username..
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 8th, 2007 at 08:25am
Sowing Season:
I know. You put up a very good argument.Mr. Green

Mutual feeling! Very Happy
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 8th, 2007 at 08:33am
By the way, it only takes the attention out of the music if you want it to.

(thank you autumn's to ashes. :] )
Kaitlyn Hooligun
Really Not Okay
Kaitlyn Hooligun
August 8th, 2007 at 08:54am
exactly^

honestly, I dont give a shit about Ferard. If it happens, then whatever.
Im still a fan, I will still go to the shows.
if you honestly stop going to shows, or stop being a fan because they have a little fun on stage, then i dont know why you ever considered yourself a fan at all. [not directed at anyone inparticular in here, I only skimmed. just in general]

If kissing is such a big deal to you, then you need to get out more. what they do isnt even a big deal. and its not new, in the least.
tons of shows, they guys mess around with the crowds like that. the only reason it is such a gigantic dilema with them is because everyone thinks they are 'OMFGZ SEW HAWT!'

but really though, if it bothers you so much, it only occurs like 5 seconds throughout an entire show. its really no big deal. who cares?

If your parents dont like it, then dont go to shows with your parents. wait untill you are old enough to actually go yourself, and then im sure by then 2 boys kissing wont even be a big deal.
unless you like going to shows with your parents, then I dont know what to tell you.

but really, all of this is sort of ridik.
if Ferard bothers you, then turn away for the 10 seconds it occurs during a show. lol
JuneBug
Killjoy
JuneBug
August 8th, 2007 at 09:28am
Hey guys, I'm more lurker then poster cause I'm kind of shy, but I just had to add my two cents (more like 5 dollars) to this convo.

First of all I find it really odd that people are getting offended by the sexuality of MCR on stage, it's almost like you've never paid attention to the lyrics, I mean YKWTDTGLUIP is about jail house rape!! Hardly a safe or G-rated topic and yet what offends you is some sexuality? This band puts out dark, intense, sexual, passionate, brutal, amazing music about death, love,sex,murder,etc and yet them kissing, or groping is an issue for you? I'm sorry that confuses me.

Second, this is Rock N' Roll!!! It's not suppossed to be safe! It's raw passionate energy, it's unstoppable. From Elvis shaking his hips suggestively, to Jimi Hendrix sexing up his guitar, to Jim Morrison exposing himself, to Iggy Pop cutting himself, to L7 throwing thier tampon into a crowd who were booing them because they were girl rockers, to all the bands that utterly destroy a stage before they leave it, to MCR being controversial on many levels. All of these are iconic moments in Rock N' Roll history and MCR are following in an awesome tradition of being amazing musicians while opening our minds and giving us one hell of an awesome show.
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
August 8th, 2007 at 09:40am
^^ I definately agree with you.
I think some people forget that MCR is "dark, intense, sexual, passionate, brutal" and their music is ultimately about "death, love,sex,murder,etc"
I think people seem to forget that because MCR is rather large in the media today so it doesn't seem that way. But if you think about it, MCR isn't really for the younger kids. I mean, I don't want to offend any of you younger fans, I just think that with the whole vibe of the band and the lyrics and all that, it's more suitable to older kids.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:41am
I agree.
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:43am
Alive and Inspired.:

^^
I did read your comments!
Your very pesuasive..... My views are kinda swaying after I've read all of these comments....
Sly
Laughing

Those 5 pages of basically the same arguments did something then. xD
JuneBug
Killjoy
JuneBug
August 8th, 2007 at 09:52am
I think it would be okay for a younger crowd to go see MCR, but it really depends on maturity level, I personally grew up with Hippies and Punks in my family so we were very open about everything is my house, so I started to go to concerts on my own when I was 12 because my parents knew that I could handle it, but that isn't the case with everyone, if you have maybe lived somewhat of a sheltered life then maybe MCR shows should wait until you mature a bit. It's all about your perspective though, if you think you are mature enough to handle mature themes then rock on with yo' bad self, but if you maybe feel uncomfortable then wait a couple of years, I think MCR will be around for a long time.
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
August 8th, 2007 at 10:11am
^^ yea, I didn't mean that they shouldn't see them, or shouldn't be a fan.
I guess I'm just saying that if you think about it, MCR in general is really aimed at older kids.

If parents are going to get offended about Frerard, then maybe they should look a little closer into what their kids are listening to.
JuneBug
Killjoy
JuneBug
August 8th, 2007 at 10:14am
Totally agree X-Pansy
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 8th, 2007 at 11:51am
*mumbles something about having a Ray fan-fic then shrugs*
On topic now. There have been some very good arguments for and against and I can see some of the points put forward against it. I agree that a lot is being centred around Frerad, but I'm pretty sure it will calm down after a while. What with new fans and all, people don't know that Frerad went on way before now so it's a big thing to them. If that makes sense.
Peace.
helena24
Fabulous Killjoy
helena24
August 8th, 2007 at 12:19pm
I don't find Frerard HOT but I find nothing wrong with a couple of guys kissing either. it's just something that was always there since the band began and to me they're just saying it's ok to do these things. No one is forcing them to do it and they can do what the fuck they want cause they can! If you don't like it, then deal with it. I only thing I hate is Waycest, I mean, they're brothers.
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
August 8th, 2007 at 12:31pm
i like it. It's different not all bands do it which is why MCR are the most out their band to date.
If that's the way they wana act then they know the consequences about how people wanna exploit their music for their hotness.
Their not dumb.
They know what their doing.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
August 8th, 2007 at 12:55pm
i'll be one to fully admit that i like frerard.
the majority of the stories that i read on mibba are frerard. i'm not completely sure why that is. maybe i just enjoy reading slash pairings more or maybe i prefer reading fan fictions where the main characters are ones that i already know.
if gerard and frank kissed at a show i was at i wouldn't mind at all [to put it lightly].

i think whether or not it's appropriate just depends on each person's individual beliefs and morals and opinions.
i'm indifferent towards homosexuality, it doesn't bother me at all. i do think the frerard onstage kisses are hot.
a lot of people who aren't homophobic don't really agree with frerard for whatever reasons, but that's their opinions.
it's sort of hard to pin point exactly why the guys do it.
maybe because they enjoy it, maybe they're trying to send out a messege about homosexuality, maybe to please the fans or get attention.
who knows?!
but for me, frerard isn't harming anyone, it's not hurting anyone, i don't think it takes away from their music.
would it be a different case if the rhythm guitar player was a girl and it was a hetrosexual affair?
foreverforeverxx
Killjoy
foreverforeverxx
August 8th, 2007 at 01:37pm
okay, i'm a lurker around here, and i just joined to state my opinion.

well, from my personal experience, i DID NOT like the whole Frerard thing that happened when i was there.
I'm pretty young compared to the other fans that where there and i lost my friends in the crowd so i felt outta place.
& Then Gerard told all the guys in the crowd to take their shirts off. This sorta got me off guard, because he would've had NO idea what was going to happen in the actual crowd itself.
I was bloody scared shitless, i found all these random topless guys coming up to me in the middle of the show, completely like hitting on me, and they were like what? 18+. i was like dude, leave me alone and let me enjoy the fucking show. I couldn't get them to leave me alone, i pretty much had to run away, and decided it was safer for me if i stood around the security guards & exit.

the actual thing doesn't really bother me, [Gerard+Frank kissing and crap] but the experience i had, and the crazy response from the crowd just made me feel SO uncomfortable.

i really hope, i never get stuck in a weird situation like that again.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 8th, 2007 at 02:23pm
JuneBug:
Hey guys, I'm more lurker then poster cause I'm kind of shy, but I just had to add my two cents (more like 5 dollars) to this convo.

First of all I find it really odd that people are getting offended by the sexuality of MCR on stage, it's almost like you've never paid attention to the lyrics, I mean YKWTDTGLUIP is about jail house rape!! Hardly a safe or G-rated topic and yet what offends you is some sexuality? This band puts out dark, intense, sexual, passionate, brutal, amazing music about death, love,sex,murder,etc and yet them kissing, or groping is an issue for you? I'm sorry that confuses me.

Second, this is Rock N' Roll!!! It's not suppossed to be safe! It's raw passionate energy, it's unstoppable. From Elvis shaking his hips suggestively, to Jimi Hendrix sexing up his guitar, to Jim Morrison exposing himself, to Iggy Pop cutting himself, to L7 throwing thier tampon into a crowd who were booing them because they were girl rockers, to all the bands that utterly destroy a stage before they leave it, to MCR being controversial on many levels. All of these are iconic moments in Rock N' Roll history and MCR are following in an awesome tradition of being amazing musicians while opening our minds and giving us one hell of an awesome show.

You said exactly what I was planning to put.

I also agree Lycia from a few pages back. This has happened with them forever, what's the problem now!

The Black Parade tour took away their personalities because they were playing parts. They're just back being themselves again. And from what I;ve seen they are LOVING being on stage again, something I personally felt was missing during TBP tour.

One word for it all ~ FUN.

Some people should stop getting their panties in a bunch.