Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
August 8th, 2007 at 03:41pm
Frerard is not that inappropriate compared to what other musicians in this generation do these days.
Frerard shows some reality on what's happening in the world, I'm not saying that Frerard is true, of course idk if it's true,
but guy-guy and fe-fe is nearly normal and ordinary already, it's now very common, it's happening in every corner of the world
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
August 8th, 2007 at 03:45pm
oh and the problem is, just because people know them as very nice and kind men, they already think they can't do fun on stage
Missing Zero
Awake and Unafraid
Missing Zero
August 8th, 2007 at 05:23pm
Tallulah:
JuneBug:
Hey guys, I'm more lurker then poster cause I'm kind of shy, but I just had to add my two cents (more like 5 dollars) to this convo.

First of all I find it really odd that people are getting offended by the sexuality of MCR on stage, it's almost like you've never paid attention to the lyrics, I mean YKWTDTGLUIP is about jail house rape!! Hardly a safe or G-rated topic and yet what offends you is some sexuality? This band puts out dark, intense, sexual, passionate, brutal, amazing music about death, love,sex,murder,etc and yet them kissing, or groping is an issue for you? I'm sorry that confuses me.

Second, this is Rock N' Roll!!! It's not suppossed to be safe! It's raw passionate energy, it's unstoppable. From Elvis shaking his hips suggestively, to Jimi Hendrix sexing up his guitar, to Jim Morrison exposing himself, to Iggy Pop cutting himself, to L7 throwing thier tampon into a crowd who were booing them because they were girl rockers, to all the bands that utterly destroy a stage before they leave it, to MCR being controversial on many levels. All of these are iconic moments in Rock N' Roll history and MCR are following in an awesome tradition of being amazing musicians while opening our minds and giving us one hell of an awesome show.
You said exactly what I was planning to put.

I also agree Lycia from a few pages back. This has happened with them forever, what's the problem now!

The Black Parade tour took away their personalities because they were playing parts. They're just back being themselves again. And from what I;ve seen they are LOVING being on stage again, something I personally felt was missing during TBP tour.

One word for it all ~ FUN.

Some people should stop getting their panties in a bunch.

i totally agree with you two.
i too felt it was strange that they stopped haveing "fun" when they came out with TBP, but now that they've stopped with most of TBP phase they're becoming them again and getting back to what they used to do and who they once were on stage.
i'm so glad their My Chemical Romance once again Dance
divineblindsoul
Fabulous Killjoy
divineblindsoul
August 8th, 2007 at 06:23pm
Personally, I thought that the "bases" thing was funny. I laughed so hard when I saw it. I think that they are all just having fun and stiring up the crowd, nothing to be alarmed about.
Phil Tayag
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Phil Tayag
August 8th, 2007 at 06:30pm
Tallulah:

You said exactly what I was planning to put.

I also agree Lycia from a few pages back. This has happened with them forever, what's the problem now!

The Black Parade tour took away their personalities because they were playing parts. They're just back being themselves again. And from what I;ve seen they are LOVING being on stage again, something I personally felt was missing during TBP tour.

One word for it all ~ FUN.

Some people should stop getting their panties in a bunch.

I totally agree with you. It's fun, and Entertainment.

I know I'd much rather see them being playful and enjoying themselves on stage then just giving a performance.
Kaitlyn Hooligun
Really Not Okay
Kaitlyn Hooligun
August 8th, 2007 at 06:40pm
what is the 'bases' thing?

also, to the girl who freaked out over topless pedos, Dont.

If you are going to go to a show, ANY rock show, open your mind and be prepared to see things you wouldnt see everyday. And when you do see them or experience them, laugh it off. because it is all in good fun and if you are too young or closed minded to handle it, then a show is not the place for you.

and dont take offence to that, a lot of people hate going to shows purley for that reason. which is fine, so if it is you, and you cant handle it then dont go to shows.

Its all in good fun, some people just dont sway that way so it that is you just dont go.

:]

edit:
I agree with everything JuneBug said. she is 100% correct.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
August 8th, 2007 at 06:43pm
i'd just like to point out, think about it like this. imagine being in the closet for a long time because you're scared shitless of what people will think of you. the only way you can truely be yourself is to be sneaky about it and hide it from people.
then there's this band who don't give a fuck and do it all [well obviousy not ALL] on stage infront of thousands of peoples. it makes them feel better. i'm striaght myself but my best friend is gay and i know it was hard for him until he started going to see mcr.
as gerard has said many times, the shows are also a safe place for young homosexual teenagers to be themselves. and if not for that, ITS JUST FUN.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 8th, 2007 at 07:19pm
themillenia:
Frerard and Waycest is just sick. I mean for crying out loud, Frank and Gerard just close friends. Yeah, they play a little bit too much but there is nothin going on. I mean Frank is getting married and Gerard is straight, there is nothin going on.and there is definately nothing going on with Waycest. They're brothers for god sake. All I can say to the fans who enjoy this crazy relationships are "You Wish"
Rolling Eyes

You need to get an imagination. Of course they're not together, it's fictional shit. My God, fanfictionzz is vry srs business.
Gazelle
Bleeding on the Floor
Gazelle
August 8th, 2007 at 07:22pm
well what about Gerard and Bert?

doesn't that at least stage some sort of argument? Gerard obviously is a promiscuous character, and portraying him as such in a story is up to the author's free will.
Missing Zero
Awake and Unafraid
Missing Zero
August 8th, 2007 at 07:27pm
kaitlyn:
what is the 'bases' thing?

also, to the girl who freaked out over topless pedos, Dont.

If you are going to go to a show, ANY rock show, open your mind and be prepared to see things you wouldnt see everyday. And when you do see them or experience them, laugh it off. because it is all in good fun and if you are too young or closed minded to handle it, then a show is not the place for you.

and dont take offence to that, a lot of people hate going to shows purley for that reason. which is fine, so if it is you, and you cant handle it then dont go to shows.

Its all in good fun, some people just dont sway that way so it that is you just dont go.

:]

edit:
I agree with everything JuneBug said. she is 100% correct.
totally agree
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 8th, 2007 at 07:39pm
Fucking Spastic:

doesn't that at least stage some sort of argument? Gerard obviously is a promiscuous character, and portraying him as such in a story is up to the author's free will.
I don't get where you're going.
soft skeleton.
Banned
soft skeleton.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:03pm
People shouldn't take Frerard seriously.
I mean, jeez! It's not like they're having sex on stage. Although... that wouldn't be too terrible. x]
But honestly, it's harmless.
Nothing to get worked up over. : )
Gazelle
Bleeding on the Floor
Gazelle
August 8th, 2007 at 09:05pm
Gerardcasm.:
Fucking Spastic:

I don't get where you're going.

i mean, no one is up in arms over gerard and bert's on stage relationship

and that was 3 years ago, and alot more intense than what he's doing now
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:07pm
My Dear Juliet.:
I think Ferard is whatever. If that's what turns you guys on then fine. So what Frank is getting married, you guys can still dream can't you? There's no need to suck the fun out of each others twisted fantasies. A LOT of artists do the same thing. Does anyone remember the famous Britney Spears and Madonna kiss? I do. Travis McCoy from Gym Class Heroes has kissed William Beckett so many times. Everyone basically does the same thing. The only thing that freaks me out is Waycest or what ever it's called. I mean they're brothers, that's strange but if that's what gets you guys hot and sexual then go for it. Who are we to say what is appropriate or not? My Chemical Romance can suck each others dicks on stage, my point is that My Chemical Romance can do what ever the fuck they want. Yes, it may not be appropriate for the younger kids but that's the parents choice to take them to their concert, not My Chemical Romance's fault. My Chemical Romance is basically showing you that it's okay to be bisexual or gay. They're showing you in their own ways. They also just love the reactions they get and the attention.
Only takes the fun out of music if you want it too.
I'm just saying this again. Wink
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:11pm
Fucking Spastic:
i mean, no one is up in arms over gerard and bert's on stage relationship

and that was 3 years ago, and alot more intense than what he's doing now
*chokes*

I MISS THEM!
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 8th, 2007 at 09:14pm
Fucking Spastic:

They gave me my first taste of boy love at the Taste of Chaos. Razz I still say Bert and Gerard need to give love one more chance.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:17pm
After how immature Bert acted I wouldn't give him another chance. I don't want to see Gerard back on drugs because of Bert again. But this thread isn't about Berard.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:22pm
I know this isn't about Berard but what you said is untrue. Gerard didn't do drugs/drink because of Bert. He was doing them before he met Bert.

/Bert convo.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:33pm

Okay, I just wanna put some questions in for the sake of the discussion!

IF YOU DONT MIND FRERARD

1) Shouldnt the guys GF be taken into consideration?
2) Why have they suddenly started doing it lots now?
3) What about the younger fans who have parents with them?
4) Wont it attract the wrong type of crowd? (teenies etc.)
5) Does it matter that Frank and Jamia are married?
6) They might lose fans over this!

IF YOU DONT LIKE FRERARD

1) Isnt it a rock show? It shouldnt really be g-rated should it?
2) This has been going on for a while now, why speak up now? Wink
3) Its harmless, isnt it?
4) Is it being 'homophobic' to not like Frerard?
5) What do you think of other 'boy love' concerts?
6) Why do you mind it so much?

Just for the sake of the discussion! Wink
Im not on any side anymore to be honest, Im not too sure on where I stand! XD
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 8th, 2007 at 09:35pm

IF YOU DONT MIND FRERARD

1) If they minded, they would've told them by now and they would've stopped.
2) It's not all of a sudden.
3) They shouldn't be there if they don't like it. It's a rock show and rock bands have been doing it for a long time. Parents should know.
4) For every 1 teenie in the audience, there are 2 actual fans
5) They aren't married
6) If they do, it's their loss.