Don't have an account? Create one!

forget about the dirty looks

AuthorMessage
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 6th, 2009 at 08:03am
I get called Emo, but not because I listen to My Chem. Mainly because I only wear black and I have hair in my face and I never talk.

This chav who sat next to me in Language Arts called My Chem emo and started making fun of them, but I wear MCR shirts all the time and he never said anything about that to me. Usually when I tell people they're my favorite band, they think it's cool or they never heard of them. I guess I have it easy?
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
April 7th, 2009 at 12:13am
Scary and wierd are new ones for me. I like them. 8D
I definitely feel 'scary' hardcore.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 10th, 2009 at 01:11am
Today (April 9th) I dressed up in a white shirt, black pants, vest, tie, and suit jacket AND obnoxious brown boots. When in a crowded hallway I'd get a bunch of complements of how spiffy I looked, when there was more room I'd constantly get asked what was up with my boots. For some of my friends I just pulled out a picture of Gerard at the SCREAM Awards and they just rolled their eyes lol.

While walking in the hall with my friends they said people were looking at me and then they're eyes would slip to my feet and just stay there Very Happy

The whole experience was defiantly worth the resulting blisters
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
April 10th, 2009 at 12:31pm
[spam] ^ ^ ^ MY FUCKIN' HERO! ^ ^ ^ [/spam]
YourIcyBlues
Killjoy
YourIcyBlues
April 10th, 2009 at 04:32pm
i'm an emo and this guy (who i used to GO OUT WITH) tells me, everydad, "MCR is emo shit. Emo scum like you and MCR should be killed or die from over slitting thier wrists." Just because Im kinda emo doesn't mean MCR is emo! It hurts me so much that the guy hates me! I still like him in a wierd way. Sad
YourIcyBlues
Killjoy
YourIcyBlues
April 10th, 2009 at 04:32pm
i'm an emo and this guy (who i used to GO OUT WITH) tells me, everyday, "MCR is emo shit. Emo scum like you and MCR should be killed or die from over slitting thier wrists." Just because Im kinda emo doesn't mean MCR is emo! It hurts me so much that the guy hates me! I still like him in a wierd way. Sad
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
April 10th, 2009 at 05:27pm
I get called emo ALL the time. Mostly 'cause I listen to MCR, and all anyone seems to think is that if you like MCR, you're emo. Well, I have other factors working in their favor (Like my long dark hair, pale-ish skin, eyeliner, likes creepy stuff, blood, death etc.), but MCR is the main reason.

This guy calls my MCR jacket an 'Emo jacket', but its only a joke. Laughing

I basically have it easy. Nobody's horrible, or say it in a 'Ooh, we want to upset you way!', except for these chavs who shout "Emo!" when they see my jacket. (Yeah, like it bothers me).
frankiero-luan
Killjoy
frankiero-luan
April 12th, 2009 at 08:23am
sometime calls me a freak coz i wear make up like frank iero but not allways
Dear Tokyo...
Salute You in Your Grave
Dear Tokyo...
April 13th, 2009 at 12:33pm
The usual stuff. Freak, Emo. One person in my class waved a Bible in my face yelling, "Go back to the dark crevice from which you came!" But I'm pretty sure he was only joking. Hehe.
You learn to ignore it after a while. As the great Nightcrawler said, "I pity them, because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes."
I know a lot of people only see 5 guys wearing a lot of black and screaming all the time, and sadly they'll never know anything more than that. u_u
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
April 17th, 2009 at 11:50am
Maggirific:
. As the great Nightcrawler said, "I pity them, because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes."

Very true.
It's kinda sad that some people only listen to music for their catchy beats, not their lyrics.

I used to be called 'freak' and 'emo' a lot at my old school. It was harsh, but ignoring it helped. Then, one day, this kid yelled at me, "CULT WORSHIPPER" straight in my face in a crowded cafeteria.
It was shocking.

MCR is definitely not a cult, the last time I checked.
Xmusic_monsterX
Jazz Hands
Xmusic_monsterX
April 22nd, 2009 at 10:47am
People can be so harsh... and it's all over music.. i swear, people can be so ignorant at times...

i don't really get any of the insults that most of you do.. there is the occasional person who will start the whole "MCR sucks, why do you listen to them" spill, and i just ignore them. sometimes i will tell them that instead of going off of everyone else's opinion, they need to listen to MCR and form their own.

but it shouldn't matter what kind of music yo listen to... i have everything that MCR has ever released on my iPod, but i also have something from just about every other genre of music there is... just because you like MCR doesn't mean you are emo...
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
April 22nd, 2009 at 11:23pm
I was once pushed off a pavement for wear a revenge tee-shirt.
I get the usual emo, freak, loser etc
Grown a pretty thick skin over the years and now i just laugh in their face
my6chemical6romance6
Jazz Hands
my6chemical6romance6
April 28th, 2009 at 04:27am
In my classroom people usually don't talk to me they call me emo, and freaky. And thhere was this one time I slit my wrist and then my mom banned me from listening to them but I mean wth. It's not because of them i slit my damn wrist. It's because of the people around me. They think I ain't normal. And they say MCR is old and stuff which hurts my feelings *sigh I wish they where a bit nicer.
Romantica.
Killjoy
Romantica.
April 28th, 2009 at 12:25pm
I called emo because I listen to MCR.
Them saying MCR is an emo band.
I ignored them.

Then I was once wearing a MCR shirt and some kid was all
"They suck!"
bellamurte
Killjoy
bellamurte
April 29th, 2009 at 06:21pm
Most of what I got was during school. I wrote My Chemical Romance in big capital letters with "Think Happy Thoughts" underneath it on my science book during Year nine. Then this guy walked past and for the next two years he shouted "Devil Worshiper" every time he saw me...I think he was a little misguided but it really made me laugh after a while.

Then art lessons, whenever Welcome To The Black Parade came on everyone in the class turned in my direction and it'd be "Ohhhh she's gonna start slitting her wrists in a minuet" like I was the center piece of a freak show. The ring Leader Tom's best friend was called Chris, I walked past him one day with red paint on my brush and ran it "accidentally" over his wrist.

It's often an insult to me when people run out of them to throw at me..it'll be well you listen to Emo Fag's. Whoopty do dah, I didn't ask you to listen to them.

My favorite of all time was an ex-boyfriend. When we split up I put "I don't love you, Like I did, Yesterday" in my pm on msn. He went crazy at me. He told me I "live my life through lyrics" and "music cant save your life" when he knew the very long very detailed version of HOW mcr saved my life. After I'd thrown him quite a few sharp insults back (and I was severely wound up at this point, to the fact I nearly walked to his house to give him a good slapping) he went.
If you love MCR so much why don't you just marry them?

I think I nearly CRIED laughing.

but one of the better things is changing peoples minds. I had (another) boyfriend who's mind I changed about MCR and convinced him to like them after he stopped hearing the music and started LISTENING to the words.
Or my college tutor, I did almost a WHOLE project on MCR saving lives, he took one glance over my shoulder and didn't speak to me for the rest of it. Then we had to do a one to one evaluation and he was looking through the pages of my book with despair on his face. So I said, you need to stop looking and start listening. He had a...what the... look on his face so I explained what the MCRmy is and what my chemical romance do. He scribbled down the name of Three Cheers on the back of his hand...I think we have a new fan!

Sorry for the long reply
certain romance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
certain romance
April 29th, 2009 at 07:21pm
ive gotten a lot of the emo stuff when i wear my Mcr stuff,
but lately ive been gettin msgs on my bebo page (which is basically all slipknot cause i love them too) saying i CANT listen to MCR and Slipknot cause Slipknot arent emo and their only for true metal fans!!!
ive been listening to slipknot since they started which is before My Chem!
Pencey P.
Always Born a Crime
Pencey P.
April 30th, 2009 at 02:21am
Usually "emo" and "freak" but after awhile, I ignore it completely
Brittany_Bloodsucker
Killjoy
Brittany_Bloodsucker
April 30th, 2009 at 11:19am
emo, fat, ugly, cutter, faggot**(xD), goth, bitch, creep, freak, devil worshiper, uhmmmm I think thats it. Frankly (hah), I tend to ignore them because they're just a huge waste of my time

**Me and one of my friends were walking into town from her house; I was wearing my MCR hoodie with the hood up and heavy eyeliner. While she was wearing her MCR tshirt, basically looking the same. This guy in his truck yelled "FAGGOTS!" and sped away. I screamed "PROUD OF IT MOTHER FUCKER!" because I'm bisexual xD
but thats just me xD

anyone else get something like this?
Brittany_Bloodsucker
Killjoy
Brittany_Bloodsucker
April 30th, 2009 at 11:21am
certain romance:
but lately ive been gettin msgs on my bebo page (which is basically all slipknot cause i love them too) saying i CANT listen to MCR and Slipknot cause Slipknot arent emo and their only for true metal fans!!!

....Wow. So I can't listen to Slipknot either I guess xDDDD
I love Slipknot btw <33
certain romance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
certain romance
August 10th, 2009 at 11:07pm
Brittany_Bloodsucker:
certain romance:

....Wow. So I can't listen to Slipknot either I guess xDDDD
I love Slipknot btw <33

i guess some ppl think we're all supposed to conform to one genre, but i couldnt, and slipknot are my absolute idols so obviously im not gonna stop listening to them, i dont think the ppl who were messaging me were real slipknot fans cause ive been to a good few of their shows and all the other maggots have always been really niceSmile