Don't have an account? Create one!

forget about the dirty looks

AuthorMessage
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
January 2nd, 2008 at 10:52pm
Scarlet.:

But in the beginning, when I first started wearing their shirt and listening to their music and hanging their posters in my locker, people would call me emo.

Every day, in homeroom, this complete idiot would go up to me and say "MCR is so emo! You listen to them? You fucking wrist slitter. Don't you know that cutting is emo?"

The one that pissed me off the most was when this random kid that I didn't even know goes up to me when I'm wearing my shirt (which has the kind of scrawl-y writing, so it's kind of hard to read) and goes "WTF does that even say?" So I told him "My Chemical Romance" and he just stares at me and says "Fucking cutter. Go slit your wrists. I bet that's why you wear those gloves [i was wearing those wicked awesome fingerless gloves]! To cover up your stupid scars. MCR is fucking emo. You emo, I hate you."

Wow, that is a total bastard. I would have gotten in a fight if I were there. It's really harsh that people who stereotype people like that because of the bands. Disgust

Some kids laughed at me for having an MCR book. Once I joked that Gerard was named 'Bob,' and showed a picture, and one kid called him emo. Nothing harsh, though.
Kids aren't really rude to me, because it is a close community. My class has only about 30 kids in it.
the used
Jazz Hands
the used
January 2nd, 2008 at 11:29pm
my sister calls me emo since i started listening to them... and people stare at me when i wear anything mcr related..d
Jyulin
Shotgun Sinner
Jyulin
January 3rd, 2008 at 07:40am
The usual. Emo. I get the "go slit your wrists" stuff. My MP3 player with MCR music is my friend - I'm now very proficient at ignoring people. Very Happy
harry goldfarb.
Bleeding on the Floor
harry goldfarb.
January 3rd, 2008 at 10:03am
I once went into American Eagle because my Mom made me, and I had a Hot Topic bag and a MCR shirt on...and there malibu barbie girls there, and they looked me over then rolled their eyes and looked disgusted. I got annoyed but they glanced at me again and I rolled my eyes back and turned my back on them. Hehe, I'm so evil XD
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
January 3rd, 2008 at 11:41am
lets see...
well i was in london near to the london eye, just walking along the path, i was wearing:
-black + white etnies
-black jeans
-mcr revenge hoodie
-mcr bag
this old posh snobby woman walked pass and gave me the most dirtiest look possible, kinda like i was a piece of shit stuck on here shoe. Stupid cow ¬¬

I just get funny looks from people when i wear my revenge hoodie. I think some people don't understand what the whole revenge thing is all about because they just know the black parade and some just have no clue who mcr are, and when they see the guns and the word revenge they are a bit weary of me >.< It's like i was in boots once and the power went out, i was wearing my hoodie and i went to leave and the woman who worked there grabbed me by my arm and was like i need to check to see if you've taken anything. I was with 4 other friends and she only checked me.
Jet Star
Bleeding on the Floor
Jet Star
January 3rd, 2008 at 12:45pm
i know a guy whos fav band is korn and i was wearing my MCR top and he said go cry in the corner you fuckin emo and once a guy who triped me up and stared to punch me if my friend aiden and lewis had 'nt come it would have been very saruise
Tux_Rocks
Joining The Black Parade
Tux_Rocks
January 3rd, 2008 at 07:12pm
I've never had any problems before, not even when dressed in my Laughing Vampire clothing. I can't believe people would be like that just because you like a band, that's so petty! I'd just chin anyone who bothered me about it.
mamthy
Killjoy
mamthy
January 3rd, 2008 at 07:18pm
I get called emo alot, goth, and my mum and a lot of my friends tell me i'm sick in the head because of my 'strange' imagination. I get bullied at school cause I wear black, like to draw, am very shy and quiet. It's not very nice.
X-Pansy-X
Fabulous Killjoy
X-Pansy-X
January 3rd, 2008 at 08:36pm
Emos pretty big i guess.
my mates at college all take the piss and say stupid stuff like i have no musical opinion cuz i love MCR. Or if i say something thats different to them they'll tell me to shut up cuz i like them.
I once got punched in the face by some guy when i was wearing my MCR top and my revenge hoodie.
just the general people making fun of me/them all the time.
ive learnt to ingnore it most of the time now though.
Ironfist
Killjoy
Ironfist
January 3rd, 2008 at 09:04pm
I usually wear an MCR shirt once or twice a week. When I dont have MCR on I have alexisonfire, the used, or MSI shirts on. I have thick rimmed glasses and the MCR gloves too. people never call me emo but to be honest it wouldn't bother me if they did. I'm really surprised that no one does, though, after looking at all of the posts above me. I'm really sorry that all of the people who make fun of you all are dumb enough to stereo type all of you without thinking twice about it.
LostMyFear_ofFalling
Joining The Black Parade
LostMyFear_ofFalling
January 3rd, 2008 at 10:36pm
I go to a freaking college prep school full of...college preppy people. And whenever I wear my MCR hoodie I get dirty looks from a few of them, but most of the student body at my school has never even heard of the band, so my posters in my locker and my obvious obsession with the band just gets confused looks from most people and a lot of questions about what MCR even is. And occasionally I'll get the whole "OMG MCR is for fags" speech and that I should just go slit my wrists and die because I like the band. But I don't really care.
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
January 4th, 2008 at 05:47pm
M.Shadows:
i know a guy whos fav band is korn and i was wearing my MCR top and he said go cry in the corner you fuckin emo and once a guy who triped me up and stared to punch me if my friend aiden and lewis had 'nt come it would have been very saruise

hug hug hug hug hug hug I'm so sorry. Sorry to anyone on this thread ... -sighs-

I get called emo, I got a lecture off my boyfriend about how Gerard Way is "long haired, creepy, old, greasy filthy rockstar who has an annoying voice", my friends all call me weird Tehe but thats okay, 'cause they're my friends and I know they don't mean it. I get called goth a lot, and a geek, but it's okay. The words don't mean a thing ... just roll with the punches. (:
xDeMoN_ReVeNgEx
Killjoy
xDeMoN_ReVeNgEx
January 4th, 2008 at 11:55pm
Yeah, I've been called emo, goth, etc. No one really says it to my face, (everyone thinks im omgviolentandmean) so they just say stuff like "MCR sucks." once some dudes were making fun of Welcome To The Black Parade. They were singing it badly and yeah just ridiculing it (to piss me and my friend), and me and my friend went up to them and i told the dude to shut up and pushed him against the wall and yeah...no one really says anything to my face now.

-Demon
Ahead of the Curve
Always Born a Crime
Ahead of the Curve
January 5th, 2008 at 04:56am
well im another one to add to the 'emo' list

-sigh-
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
January 5th, 2008 at 10:34am
-once i was wearing my MCR shirt and black shoes black pants etc. This kid comes up to me and is like you like MCR? They're so emo. look at you your dressed in all black too are you emo now?. I get really ticked off when people call MCR emo. My cousin does it all the time and i want to punch him. X(
neville longbottom.
Banned
neville longbottom.
January 5th, 2008 at 10:41am
Goth/Emo
Heaven-Help-Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Heaven-Help-Me
January 5th, 2008 at 04:23pm
One time, I was at the local gas station, and I was wearing my black hoodie and my MCR fingerless gloves(those things pwn!). The lady at the register took one look at the gloves and hoodie, and gave me the dirtiest look EVER.
DeadFish
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadFish
January 5th, 2008 at 04:27pm
A guy in my school alwasy screams EMO!! after me -.-'

But one period I was knewn as My Lovely Romance x'D
Worlds Away
Jazz Hands
Worlds Away
January 6th, 2008 at 06:49am
hmm let's see I get called emo, cutter (but I don't), & I get weird looks at the shops, or get smiled at oddly enough...& that's just when I was wearing my MCR shirt. Now I wear my flower hoodie & shirt + skinny jeans & black & white checkered belt & no more smiles XD I think the worst thing that was ever said to me was when I was on the verge of a breakdown(literally)& my friend was being a real bitch, so I said "I'm not what you think I am" but she just said "yes you are!", glared at me and pushed me. But my tiny ickle group of friends don't like her that much. meh. Then when my friends found me in tears sitting alone away from them, they blamed her, & she said sorry & got all defensive, but before they had told her off she called me an "animal". cuz I was defending myelf, only cuz she wouldn't let me go! A lot of my friends & family think MCR are emo. As soon as I hear anyone of them say it I explain it like Gerard did a while back, calling it violent pop, but dad still calls it emo. Nice to get this off my chest. Very Happy
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
January 6th, 2008 at 10:30am
The thing I often get, is mistaken for someone a lot younger. People shout stuff out, (Emo/Goth/some other non-interesting non-entity) or ask me stupid questions, and I always just talk back to them, nice and normal. By the time they find out I am 22 and not 15, they are usually pretty nice and apologetic. Otherwise I have been known to insult their stupidity by saying something they don't understand. Mostly I just say "why should your opinion matter to me at all. I don't even know you. Thanks for trying but I'm not interested." And smile. Sometimes I smile and just say "yes I am, how are you today?" Smile