Don't have an account? Create one!

Vegetarianism/Veganism

AuthorMessage
i_promis_u_im_not_ok
Killjoy
i_promis_u_im_not_ok
August 28th, 2008 at 04:35pm
im a vegitarian i started off just not eating beef , hot dogs, peperoni, salami etc. and then i cut out ham now i want to cut out chicken and turkey but my parents wont let me it sux
dark desire.
Salute You in Your Grave
dark desire.
August 28th, 2008 at 04:51pm
i'm a vegetarian since july 10th and hopefully longer.
i actually really love it and its easier than i ever thought it would.
it also is nice to know i'm not eating anything dead. just the fact that i was eating meat that is dead and should be rotting away somewhere kind of has always been there in the back of my mind but really the final push was a certain quote from gabe saporta.
and i haven't touched meat ever since.
but i love cheese too much to be vegan
D=
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
August 28th, 2008 at 09:46pm
I eat meat.
I love animals.

I have respect for those who choose to be vegetarians/vegans in order to live a more healthier lifestyle, because I understand that it takes a lot of commitment.
Yet, I do not have respect for those who shove their views down your throat and call you a bad person if you do eat meat.
Or anyone who supports PETA.

But, if you are a vegetarian/vegan who doesn't do either of those things, awesome!
I wish I could be as commited to something as you are.
Smile
Emerald Muerte
Bleeding on the Floor
Emerald Muerte
August 29th, 2008 at 06:32am
dark desire.:
i'm a vegetarian since july 10th and hopefully longer.
i actually really love it and its easier than i ever thought it would.
it also is nice to know i'm not eating anything dead. just the fact that i was eating meat that is dead and should be rotting away somewhere kind of has always been there in the back of my mind but really the final push was a certain quote from gabe saporta.
and i haven't touched meat ever since.
but i love cheese too much to be vegan
D=

Wow, my gosh, you sound exactly the same as me. I became a vegetarian around June 20th, I'd never think to eat meat again. Although I have to eat fish until I'm 16.
I can't give up cheese yet either, it's too damn good. I have also heard something along the lines of; "You're denying your heritage! You should eat cheese!"
xD AFI reference FTW

^I support Peta to an extent, but I don't publicise that. I guess it comes down to personal values. I don't want to change any minds Yes
teenagers.
Jazz Hands
teenagers.
August 29th, 2008 at 07:40am
i am on a dairy-free diet
savannah's gone.
Bleeding on the Floor
savannah's gone.
August 29th, 2008 at 09:22am
glitter and trauma.:
The only thing I hate about being vegetarian, is that I have to check things that you wouldn't expect to have animals in.
Like, my mom bought some chocolate mousse, and I checked it just incase,
and it had pork something in it.
Why does it need animals in that. D:

So now I have to check pretty much everything just incase.

I have to do that and it can get quite irritating at times. But I've got used to it and I've been a veggie for a few months now and I feel a whole lot better about myself than I did when I ate meat.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 29th, 2008 at 10:07am
I would almost dig this thread, but it's going to be constatly full of people saying they did it but hated it, could never handle it, or thought it was a stupid idea.

As far as it being a dupe, I'm on the fence with that, because the discussion board is more...a discussion? lol. This (hopefully) is something of a gathering place.
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
August 29th, 2008 at 10:14am
i had a dream last night i was eating sausage Cheese
but i only had two before i realized. it was bad though.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 29th, 2008 at 10:14am
i_promis_u_im_not_ok:
im a vegitarian i started off just not eating beef , hot dogs, peperoni, salami etc. and then i cut out ham now i want to cut out chicken and turkey but my parents wont let me it sux

Vegetarians don't eat any meat. You are not a vegetarian.
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
August 29th, 2008 at 10:18am
am i the only person who is bothered by those Wendy's commercils and those people who are meatetarians?
they bother me. a lot.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 29th, 2008 at 10:22am
vacant three by four:
am i the only person who is bothered by those Wendy's commercils and those people who are meatetarians?
they bother me. a lot.

I'm not offended. It's just sad that the meat industry (who probably paid for that commercial) feels the need to constantly attack veg*ans. Then again, if they didn't, it would probably spread even further, which would decimate their industry.

I just shake my head. if you were a "meatitarian," you'd die in like a month. xDD

Oh wait, maybe I should actually make sure that's correct so no angry omnis jump down my throat.

Ahh, I'm not normally this bitter. I'm sorry.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 29th, 2008 at 10:32am
I want to share that I am not an omni-hater; most of the time I don't even think about it. My boyfriend is omni and he is the only one I'd even consider asking to go vegan - just because I care about him, and because I gotta live with him. haha. And I would do it nicely, promise.
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
August 29th, 2008 at 10:44am
I'm considering going vegan.
But it won't be for a couple of years yet, at least.
I'll probably slowly cut things out instead of just cutting everything out
so it's not as sudden.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 29th, 2008 at 11:06am
glitter and trauma.:
I'm considering going vegan.
But it won't be for a couple of years yet, at least.
I'll probably slowly cut things out instead of just cutting everything out
so it's not as sudden.

Hmm. I was reading about that and read that if you do decide to take the plunge, it's best to go "cold tofu" (harhar) because if you, say, cut out cheese over time, you'll look forward to every time you get to eat cheese, blowing it out of proportion to something that controls you rather than something you want to throw away, so there's less of a chance of you succeeding.

And if that happens, you'll just be another "I tried but I just couldn't," and nobody likes those.

I took 4 weeks to go from omni to vegan. i tell people this all the time. Suuuper easy.

Week 1 - cut out red meat
Week 2 - cut out all other meats and fish and eggs
Week 3 - cut out dairy (ALL DAIRY)
Week 4 - cut out everything else. Everything that has small animal-derived ingredients. Not the easiest step but definitely not hard, with all the resources and support groups for vegans.

Anyway, it can be done, and I think it's the only mentally healthy way.
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
August 29th, 2008 at 11:44am
what is omni?
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
August 29th, 2008 at 11:48am
I'm a vegetarian, and I'm considering going vegan when I go to uni next year.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 29th, 2008 at 11:54am
vacant three by four:
what is omni?
An omnivore - basically, a person who consumes meat/fish/eggs. And herbivores are vegans. Pretty much. it's tough to be an herbivore unless you're vegan, since so many foods have animal products in them.

Okay, no. I'll include milk in the herbivore category. i didn't think that all the way through.

Anyway, omni = meat and plants.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 29th, 2008 at 11:54am
Shadow666:
I'm a vegetarian, and I'm considering going vegan when I go to uni next year.

Ooo yay! Just take care of yourself.
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
August 29th, 2008 at 11:56am
thanks you, Chris Martin
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
August 29th, 2008 at 05:38pm
omni technically means "all" I think, so it's like you eat anything.
carnivores, omnivores, and herbivores, except generally we don't use the other two terms, I've only really heard them applied to dinosaurs and maybe some other animals.

and I think I confuse people, because I'm the kind of person where when people are talking about like chicken or something, I'll say like, it's so much better this way then that way, and then eventually I'll end up telling them I'm a vegetarian, and they're like what? how can you know?
I wasn't a vegetarian for my entire life, and it's not taboo for me now or whatever. -_______-