Don't have an account? Create one!

Vegetarianism/Veganism

AuthorMessage
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
August 29th, 2008 at 05:43pm
i like meat. i ate it for most of my life until now.
but srprisingly i don't have an issue with not eating it.
the substitutes are just fine.
for reasons unknown
Awake and Unafraid
for reasons unknown
August 29th, 2008 at 07:40pm
i think it's cool that people are vegetarians, and i love animals but i don't think i could go without meat for two days.
i like meat. a lot.
i do try to cut down or not eat meat when i don't have to though.
Seabirds.
Bleeding on the Floor
Seabirds.
August 29th, 2008 at 07:47pm
I'm a vegetarian.
I pretty much converted over night.
I don't miss meat at all.
I respect Vegetarians & Vegans a lot, I don't shove my views down the throats of people who eat meat, I keep them to myself.
I'm determined to turn vegan during the next year.
skitty.
In the Cannibal Glow
skitty.
August 29th, 2008 at 09:06pm
yeah, it was pretty easy to give up after I got used to the idea
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 29th, 2008 at 09:07pm
I miss meat so badly but I still don't want to eat it because of morals.
I want to turn vegan but don't know if/when I will.
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
August 29th, 2008 at 09:14pm
Chris Martin:
I took 4 weeks to go from omni to vegan. i tell people this all the time. Suuuper easy.

Week 1 - cut out red meat
Week 2 - cut out all other meats and fish and eggs
Week 3 - cut out dairy (ALL DAIRY)
Week 4 - cut out everything else. Everything that has small animal-derived ingredients. Not the easiest step but definitely not hard, with all the resources and support groups for vegans.

Anyway, it can be done, and I think it's the only mentally healthy way.
Yeah, I think once I do try being vegan, it'll be easyish for me to do it.
I didn't really miss meat when I stopped eating it and I didn't slowly cut down, I just stopped quite suddenly,
so whatever way I do it I'll probably manage.
I don't drink a lot of milk, I eat a lot of cheese though, so that'll probably be the harder one,
along with animal ingrediants.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 29th, 2008 at 10:23pm
The Rumor:
I miss meat so badly but I still don't want to eat it because of morals.
I want to turn vegan but don't know if/when I will.

I wouldn't recommend vegetarianism or veganism if your heart is in the wrong place. If you miss it that much I'm thinking you might cheat or stop altogether anyway, and an ex-veg is the worst kind.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 29th, 2008 at 10:52pm
Mr. Joker:
I'm a vegetarian.
I pretty much converted over night.
I don't miss meat at all.

Me too, only I became vegan overnight, but then I was 14 then and my doctor said I needed to be drinking milk and eating cheese, because while other things have calcium in them, none as much as dairy. And now I'm too lazy to switch back to being vegan, plus I eat fish now. So really, I'm a very bad vegetarian.
I don't miss meat per say, but I miss ethnic foods, I used to eat a lot of ethnic dishes that included meat.
If I ever do go back to eating meat (I don't see what's so bad about an 'ex-veg', it's a personal choice and if you don't want to do it anymore that's fine) I'm going to become kosher.
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
August 30th, 2008 at 08:28am
A few months ago one of my friends turned pescitarian because of me,
(and I don't mean that I made her/asked her, she just got influenced by me I suppose)
and I think she lasted 3 months but she went back to eating meat then.
Khrist
Banned
Khrist
August 30th, 2008 at 11:53am
I've wanted to be a vegetarian since I was five years old. I've always loved animals, even ceramic ones (I used to buy the chipped ceramic ones because I thought no one would buy them and that wasn't fair. So I always had all these old, broken toys that I loved to death.) Before I wanted to be a musician, I wanted to be a vetrenarian. Then I found out that you had to put animals down. So I decided to be a vegetarian instead XD

My mom said wait until I'm fourteen. I've been a vegetarian since I was twelve Smile

I'm thinking on going vegan, but cows actually like being milked and as for chickens laying eggs it all seems natural to me.

I'd have to look into it.
Failure.
Shotgun Sinner
Failure.
August 30th, 2008 at 03:59pm
I'm a vegitarian,
haven't been for long but i love it (:
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
August 30th, 2008 at 04:19pm
Khrist:
I'm thinking on going vegan, but cows actually like being milked and as for chickens laying eggs it all seems natural to me.
Maybe, but it's the conditions they are kept in and how they are treated.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 30th, 2008 at 05:24pm
Khrist:
I've wanted to be a vegetarian since I was five years old. I've always loved animals, even ceramic ones (I used to buy the chipped ceramic ones because I thought no one would buy them and that wasn't fair. So I always had all these old, broken toys that I loved to death.) Before I wanted to be a musician, I wanted to be a vetrenarian. Then I found out that you had to put animals down. So I decided to be a vegetarian instead XD

My mom said wait until I'm fourteen. I've been a vegetarian since I was twelve Smile

I'd have to look into it.

WOW. Look into it then, PLEASE.

=/

COWS PRODUCE MILK FOR THEIR OFFSPRING. This means that 1. they must be continually impregnated (usually artifically) and 2. their babies are separated from them at birth and get NO MILK AT ALL, just a formula mix with added nutrients. Selfish?

I don't know if you realized this, but eggs are what most chickens EXPECT to become FUTURE CHICKENS. No, they're not fertilized (for the most part; I know sometimes you'll get a mistake; it's happened to me in my life). But you are essentially consuming a huge effort by the chicken (that's a big thing to come out of a small hole, hate to say it), and it's really a chicken period that you're eating so that's also on the gross scale as well.

Here's the bottom line: I and other healthy, well-living vegans are proof that you don't need anything - not one thing - from an animal to be happy and healthy and fully functional. So basically any excuses are silly. We eat meat and dairy for taste. We don't stop out of laziness. That is pure selfishness.

Thank you, though, for at least giving up meat. The more people that can get halfway there, the bigger a blow to those horrible industries. Unfortunately they go hand in hand, and support one another. I am also glad you're open to being vegan. Don't let my overthetopness turn you away. xDDD
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 30th, 2008 at 05:27pm
glitter and trauma.:
Khrist:
Maybe, but it's the conditions they are kept in and how they are treated.

Ultimately for the vegans it's the fact that animals are being exploited - and for no actual good reason.
doctor who?
Salute You in Your Grave
doctor who?
August 31st, 2008 at 04:12am
I want to be a Lacto-Ovo Veggie (No Red meat, White Meat,Fish,basicly anything that had a heartbeat.)
But unfortunatly,my parents are evil and wont let me until im 18.
Meh,its their choice.I just hope they wont get "shocked" when I come home on my 18th birthday with a lip peircing,dyed hair,and refusing to eat meat.
/Rant
Anyways Ive wanted to be a vegitarian ever since I found out that my dinner used to be alive. I always loved animals,and finding out that I was eating them made me want to puke.But even before I knew what I was eating I always hated the way meat tastes in general.Belive me, I really want to be a vegitarian,Ive had several conversations with my parents on why going veg wont deny me of needed vitamins.But they still wont let me. Oh,and Ive also developed an obsession over soy milk. And of course, when people I know eat KFC or Mars candy infront of me, they know that theyre in for a lecture.Then they usual dont touch their food.....I can be very convincing sometimes Mr. Green
elphie.
Bulletproof Heart
elphie.
August 31st, 2008 at 04:33am
I don't eat any meat or fish.
But I don't care what other people eat,
I'm not going to be, "Ewww gross youre eating meat" to be people.
But yeah, I kinda turned Veggie over night xD
I used to do it for moral reasons but now I do it for the fact
that I just don't like it.
I don't miss it or anything.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
August 31st, 2008 at 04:48am
i've been a vegetarian for about 1 year and 3 months.
i've tried to go vegan. and yeah, i failed. XD
i really want to though.
elphie.
Bulletproof Heart
elphie.
August 31st, 2008 at 05:30am
Steve Righ?:
i've been a vegetarian for about 1 year and 3 months.
i've tried to go vegan. and yeah, i failed. XD
i really want to though.
Same here rofl.
Btw I love your theme xD
cocorosie.
In a Bullet's Embrace
cocorosie.
August 31st, 2008 at 11:03am
I haven't been eating red meat since vacations,
but I'm not allowed to stop eating chicken.
And we don't really have as much as a variety of products
as they do, say in the US?
So I guess I'll just have to be uh, a non red meat eater? until I graduate.

"/
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
August 31st, 2008 at 11:11am
I kind of can't stand when people have a go at others for eating meat.
I'd hate for them to do it for me for not eating it.