Don't have an account? Create one!

Vegetarianism/Veganism

AuthorMessage
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
September 20th, 2008 at 08:55pm
Black Heart Street:
But I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem with parents and could give me some tips for trying to help convince him to let me go vegetarian
You could search on the internet for statistics and facts that vegetarians are healthier.
If you look around on here you could probably find some convincing stuff.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
September 20th, 2008 at 09:46pm
i've been a vegetarian for a little over 2 years.
it's not really a big deal to me anymore,but my dad hates it and doesn't support it.
my mom went veg with me at first but it made something in her blood drop real low so she had to stop.
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
September 21st, 2008 at 11:51pm
glitter and trauma.:
You could search on the internet for statistics and facts that vegetarians are healthier.
If you look around on here you could probably find some convincing stuff.

Thank you =)
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
September 22nd, 2008 at 09:17am
i was vegetarian for six months.
and then i just failed at it because i went on holiday, and there was nothing that was
vegetarian over in the country i went to. ;/

and then yesterday my friend ellen linked me to http://www.meat.org and it made
me feel so sick that i've been shocked back into the swing of vege-ness. ^__^
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
September 26th, 2008 at 03:37pm
today is hug a vegeterian day!
i'm just here to hug you all.
*hugs*
doctor who?
Salute You in Your Grave
doctor who?
September 26th, 2008 at 06:16pm
make a saint of me.:
today is hug a vegeterian day!
i'm just here to hug you all.
*hugs*

HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!
hug
Charliebitmyfinger.
Salute You in Your Grave
Charliebitmyfinger.
September 26th, 2008 at 07:17pm
hug a vegetarian day!! brilliant xD HUGS!
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
September 28th, 2008 at 01:27am
My parents have always been really against me wanting to be a vegetarian, because I've always had health problems and my parents felt that not eating meat (red meat especially) would make it worse. But I worked really hard to get those problems sorted out, and this week I'm not eating any sort of meat to see if I can do it or not, and to show my parents I'm really serious about this.
I've never eaten sea food except fish, and about 6 months ago, I gave up fish as well, so this just seemed like the next step. This is the 3rd day in my Vegetarian Trial Week, and I don't miss meat at all. Nothing about it. Especially not how disgusting I feel after I eat it. The only problem I think I'm going to have, is finding something to eat when I'm out shopping with my friends or seeing a movie. There's pretty much nothing vegetarian in my local shopping center. The only option would be like, hot chips (or fries), or a smoothie.

Edit - also. I'm kind of struggling to find quick and easy things to cook myself for dinner. At the moment, all I'm eating is thai noodles and homemade vegetarian pizza. Does anyone have some really simple quick recipes? Or just, ideas of other things to try? Anything would be appreciated (:
Revenge Is Sweeter.
Awake and Unafraid
Revenge Is Sweeter.
September 29th, 2008 at 06:17am
spencer smith.:

Edit - also. I'm kind of struggling to find quick and easy things to cook myself for dinner. At the moment, all I'm eating is thai noodles and homemade vegetarian pizza. Does anyone have some really simple quick recipes? Or just, ideas of other things to try? Anything would be appreciated (: [/size] [/font]

It sounds nasty, but honestly? You can get some really good veggie burgers.
Um..rice and vegetables is good.
Soups
Pasta

Really, anything you ate that had meat it in, you can find in vegetarian as well.
Good luck.
cyanide cola.
Jazz Hands
cyanide cola.
September 29th, 2008 at 09:12am
I miss being a vegetarian. I was one for like, 2-3 years.
Then I got diagnosed with Diabetes, and the doctor said I was close to becoming aneamic, so I had to start a diet that had meat in it.
I really do miss it but, I guess Health comes first.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
September 29th, 2008 at 10:24pm
Also, cooking ahead is really great. I just made a huuuge pot of yellow rice with vegetables in it, so I can eat some for dinner and also take it to work for lunch or whatever. If I want I can throw some sides in there to fill it out at the time. it only took 25 minutes or so to make.

And vegweb.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
September 30th, 2008 at 05:17pm
Soy chicken!
Make soy chicken nuggets!
Soy chichen patties on a bun with pickles!
Put soy chicken strips on your salad!
Make soy chicken quesadillas!
Yummy yummy soy chicken has never failed for a quick-fix meal for me.
I keep a few boxes in the fridge at all times in case I get sudden munchies and don't want to spend like an hour cooking.

However, if the taste of soy meat grosses you out...
Making a big big BIG salad, a really good one, and storing it in the fridge is good.
I mean a really primo salad, not just some iceburg lettuce with some cheddar cheese.
It only takes like five minutes to make the salad and you can munch on that for like a few days whenever you get to starving and really don't want to eat junk food.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
October 1st, 2008 at 11:41am
i've been a vegetarian since 08/08/08; yay. :]]]
i'm very proud actually, 'cause i never seem to go through with something i've decided to do, unless i really set my mind to it. xD
in this case, as far as my vegetarism goes; i'm planning on keep on going as long as i can.
so far, it's gone really well. i don't have any friends that are vegetarians which makes it a little bit harder
to stay away from meat, but nevertheless, i'm determined to keep on being a vegetarian. (:
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 1st, 2008 at 07:47pm
samantha connolly:
Soy chicken!
Make soy chicken nuggets!
Soy chichen patties on a bun with pickles!
Put soy chicken strips on your salad!
Make soy chicken quesadillas!
Yummy yummy soy chicken has never failed for a quick-fix meal for me.
I keep a few boxes in the fridge at all times in case I get sudden munchies and don't want to spend like an hour cooking.

Watch out with the soy. Too much is not good for you. It can really take away nutrients from your body.
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
October 2nd, 2008 at 10:12am
Omg, thank you guys so much, you've really helped (:
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
October 2nd, 2008 at 10:19am
I was vegetarian for a year but I had to quit, I have horrible iron levels as it is and when I saw the doctor he said it was basically killing me slowly. I became anemic blah blah blah.

I still don't eat red meat because my stomach is way too weak to process it and I just vomit it up again but I'll try cutting chicken out again and being pescretarian :] yes i cant spell it xD but i love fish. and i need it to try and stay healthy.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 2nd, 2008 at 08:37pm
I am so pissed off that there is no vegan candy corn save for homemade. I don't want to make my own frigging candy corn. I WANT IT MASS-PRODUCED AND CHEAP.
spookcookie
Killjoy
spookcookie
February 17th, 2009 at 12:48pm
i've been a veggie for 2 years.. imma be vegan when im 16 (:
XO
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
February 20th, 2009 at 05:56pm
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
February 20th, 2009 at 10:42pm
I've been a vegetarian for about a year and a month now, all because I saw videos of slaughter houses. My sister is also a veg, but has been for a little longer than me. I want to be a vegan someday.

My parents are OK with it. They never really argued with us about it. My mom doesn't think it's that healthy because she 'saw on the news that if you eat too many vegetables, your brain will shrink' or some crap like that. And me and my sis were like, "yeah, well, if you eat meat you get all these terrible hormones inside you and you're at greater risk for heart disease' or whatever and she didn't really take us seriously. she's still like, 'it's unhealthy' and blah blah blah.

My dad and step mother, on the other hand, wish they could eat healthy like me and my sister XD It's the total opposite of what my mom thinks. But at first, my dad didn't like the fact that I was a vegetarian because I never ate that much in the first place. But now that I'm off meat, I realize that I never really ate that much of it to begin with =]

And also, fake meat tastes better than real meat. Seriously. =D