Don't have an account? Create one!

Vegetarianism/Veganism

AuthorMessage
Seabirds.
Bleeding on the Floor
Seabirds.
September 5th, 2008 at 11:16am
Like I said before, I am a Vegetarian and I don't miss meat at all.
I don't eat any Vegetarian meat because, to me, its still a replica of meat, therefore puts me off completely. It never appeals to me.
The Little Mermaid
Awake and Unafraid
The Little Mermaid
September 5th, 2008 at 12:18pm
Yes;Indeed;True:
^^ It's completely healthy
There is nothing you can''t get from other sources that you can get from meat. Vegans have to worry about B vitamins, but you should be getting those from animal products such as dairy and the like.
Don't let your parents fool you-research it and you'll see if you eat a variety of food you should be getting all you nutrients. Smile
Sorry if I come across as know it all-I read a lot about nutrition. It fascinates me plus I have to make sure I'm getting all my nutrients seeing there is nothing close to a remotely nutritional vegan lunch at my school.

i know it's healthy but the promlem is that i have a lack of Hemoglobin. but i'll try to eat more vegetables even though i dont really like it :\

do you know what corn-schnitzel is?
Dream of Falling
Bleeding on the Floor
Dream of Falling
September 5th, 2008 at 03:53pm
I've been a vegetarian since early summer '07. May be vegan one day, I don't know. Right now it's not possible in my house. I think it's awesome! Smile
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 5th, 2008 at 06:53pm
The Little Mermaid:
Yes;Indeed;True:
^^ It's completely healthy
There is nothing you can''t get from other sources that you can get from meat. Vegans have to worry about B vitamins, but you should be getting those from animal products such as dairy and the like.
Don't let your parents fool you-research it and you'll see if you eat a variety of food you should be getting all you nutrients. Smile
Sorry if I come across as know it all-I read a lot about nutrition. It fascinates me plus I have to make sure I'm getting all my nutrients seeing there is nothing close to a remotely nutritional vegan lunch at my school.

i know it's healthy but the promlem is that i have a lack of Hemoglobin. but i'll try to eat more vegetables even though i dont really like it :\

There are some things that you get from meat that you can't get from vegetables, and other foods. But nowadays you can just get a vitamin supplement, so that isn't a problem.
If you really want too, ask your doctor about whether it would be a good choice for you.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
September 5th, 2008 at 07:39pm
Nymphadora Tonks.:
Charliebitmyfinger.:

I stay pescetarian, but refuse to eat wales and other big sea creatures..
I feel bad everytime I eat fish.. so it's onle once a week. My hope is to become fully vegan Smile

I agree.
My mom still encourages me to eat fish, because she wants me to keep getting omega 3 Rolling Eyes
But I'm definitely going to stop asap.
:]

...Yeah, heh, you can get it in a lot of places besides fish, especially these days.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
September 5th, 2008 at 07:40pm
the horror.:
Like I said before, I am a Vegetarian and I don't miss meat at all.
I don't eat any Vegetarian meat because, to me, its still a replica of meat, therefore puts me off completely. It never appeals to me.

Good. That stuff turns into junk food anyway, and the amount of soy it puts into your diet when you eat it regularly is bad for you.
blackXmascaraXtears
Bleeding on the Floor
blackXmascaraXtears
September 5th, 2008 at 11:57pm
i want to vegetarian. real bad. thinking of eating meat makes me want to throw up all over myslef. and i decieded to a little while ago
and i haven't eaten meat in three weeks and i dont ever want to again :]
Bella Muerte!
Really Not Okay
Bella Muerte!
September 6th, 2008 at 11:15pm
i would like to be a Vegetarian just cause i hate the smell and look of meat but the strange thing is i dont like most of my vegetables hahahaha...I havent had chicken in a while cause ive experienced what they do to chickens so yea
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
September 7th, 2008 at 01:08am
The Little Mermaid:

I've heard of it but I've never had it before.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
September 7th, 2008 at 01:25am
Eponine:

There are some things that you get from meat that you can't get from vegetables, and other foods. But nowadays you can just get a vitamin supplement, so that isn't a problem.
If you really want too, ask your doctor about whether it would be a good choice for you.

Erm I've never heard of anything but I could have over looked something. *goes google crazy*

meat includes vitamins a,b1,b2,b3,b5,b6,b12,d,k, chronium, copper, folic acid,magnesium,potassium,protein,iron,long-chain n-3 fatty acids,calcium,selenium,and zinc. Did I leave out anything?

But as far as I can tell, all of this stuff can be found in plants,nuts,seeds,dairy,eggs,fortified foods like cereals,ect.

I have vegan vitamins but I usually forget to take them, and it doesn't really matter because I get tons of b vitamins from things like fortified soymilk and cereal alone.

If you can't tell, you've gotten me really interested now. I'm nothing if not curious Smile happy to provide sources if you want 'em.
Insurgentes
Bleeding on the Floor
Insurgentes
September 13th, 2008 at 06:15pm
I've been a Pollotarian for a few years now. Right around the beginning of my adolescence, I just stopped eating meat as much up until the point that poultry was all I consumed in terms of meat. I didn't have much desire for it. I am aiming to become completely vegetarian one of these days. It's really hard to give up chicken, but it's also really easy to get sick from, as I've learned he hard way. Multiple times.
What the Frank!?
Motor Baby
What the Frank!?
September 14th, 2008 at 09:10pm
i've been a vegetarian for 4 years........my parents are begging me to stop but i won't.
mostly human
Always Born a Crime
mostly human
September 16th, 2008 at 08:57pm
I've been a vegitarian for maybe a month and a half.
i feel like such a n00b.
but I honestly don't want to go back to eating meat at all.
It disgusts me .
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
September 17th, 2008 at 12:19am
I've been a vegetarian for almost two years. :]
I can't bring myself to eat any of the 'fake meat'.
The consistency of the soy concoctions reminds me of meat too much and I actually get ill because of it.

I'm almost vegan. I'm getting close. I'm still slowly weening myself off of dairy. xD
The Master.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Master.
September 17th, 2008 at 04:44am
i only eat chicken.
because it's yummy.
i went full on veggie before but it wasn't for me.
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
September 17th, 2008 at 05:41am
I really want to go vegetarian because I don't like the taste of meat, and the idea of eating it makes me feel horrible. But my dad *who was a vegetarian years ago* won't let me. My mum is really understanding and when I'm with her we don't eat meat... But I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem with parents and could give me some tips for trying to help convince him to let me go vegetarian
SavannahBanana13
Fabulous Killjoy
SavannahBanana13
September 17th, 2008 at 04:51pm
I'm not a vegitarian (I love ribs and beef jerky too muchCrying or Very sad), but I refuse to eat veal, lamb, and most seafood. I might try to be a vegitarian when I start high school, though. I could never be a vegan because most foods are made with animal products and it would be too demanding.
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
September 18th, 2008 at 11:21am
my parents support me.
even though my mom is mad because my diet is even worse.
but she got me this sticker with a chicken on it that says "i am not a nugget"
i love it. they're trying to ban KFC on the college campus she works at.

in the beginning i was going to cheat. i thought "i'm alone, nobody wil see me. why not have a peice of ham?"
but i realized, i'm not doing this for anyone else.
just myself.
i'm the only person i'd disappoint.
i haven't had thoughts of it since.
i don't miss meat at all.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
September 18th, 2008 at 07:15pm
I don't eat meat.
It's not really even that big of a deal anymore, it's weird.
It's not that like, I don't miss meat. I don't, but it's like...
I don't even consider meat anything I can eat anymore.
I don't scan over stuff in menus thinking "oh, chicken..."
i just like, automatically dismiss it.
idk, it's weird haha.
doctor who?
Salute You in Your Grave
doctor who?
September 20th, 2008 at 01:41am
Black Heart Street:
But I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem with parents and could give me some tips for trying to help convince him to let me go vegetarian

Well I have an over-protective Dad that thinks if I become Vegitarian I will be sacrificing vitamins and nutrients that I need. So what im doing is setting up a doctors appointment and im going to figure out if it will or not, and if it does,what suppliments I will need.Sorry a bit of a rant there,You coud also point out that Vegitarians usually eat healthier,less fast food,more veggies,etc.
Hope that helped!