Don't have an account? Create one!

Music

AuthorMessage
CoNfUsEd13
Killjoy
CoNfUsEd13
July 19th, 2008 at 04:02pm
MUSIC HELPS ME GET MY ANGER OUT CUZ I HAVE A ANGER PROBLEM.IT MAKE ME FEEL LIKE SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS.AND GIVES ME HOPE I NEED ON A DAILY BASES.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 19th, 2008 at 08:49pm
CoNfUsEd13:
MUSIC HELPS ME GET MY ANGER OUT CUZ I HAVE A ANGER PROBLEM.IT MAKE ME FEEL LIKE SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS.AND GIVES ME HOPE I NEED ON A DAILY BASES.

Please don't type in all caps.

Expression (which includes music) is listed as one of the nine human needs.
Music isn't necessary for survival, but it is necessary, for some people, to have a happy life.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
July 20th, 2008 at 10:31am
Eponine:

Expression (which includes music) is listed as one of the nine human needs.
Music isn't necessary for survival, but it is necessary, for some people, to have a happy life.

Where are the nine human needs? jw.
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 20th, 2008 at 04:00pm
In my mind, the people who are preppy and love rock and roll bands are the definition of a poser.
jazmine richardson
Killjoy
jazmine richardson
July 20th, 2008 at 05:02pm
Oh, a huge impact! I know it had a massive impact on my life, anyways. Gerard inspired me to be a better artist, as well as a better person. To really see if music had an impact on your life, ask yourself, "would I be the same person if I went without this?" I know I wouldn't be. Razz
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 20th, 2008 at 07:30pm
DAVEY HAVOK.:
In my mind, the people who are preppy and love rock and roll bands are the definition of a poser.

How so? What is your reasoning behind this statement? Neutral
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 20th, 2008 at 07:54pm
Chris Martin:

1. security
2. adventure
3. freedom
4. exchange
5. power
6. expansion,
7. acceptance
8. community
9. expression.
Kind of has to do with Abraham Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs, the stages of life...all those philosophical things.

DAVEY HAVOK.:

There's no reasoning behind that. You're just stereotyping people.
Ever heard of the expression "Don't judge a book by it's cover"?
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 20th, 2008 at 08:16pm
Eponine:
Chris Martin:

1. security
2. adventure
3. freedom
4. exchange
5. power
6. expansion,
7. acceptance
8. community
9. expression.
Kind of has to do with Abraham Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs, the stages of life...all those philosophical things.

DAVEY HAVOK.:

There's no reasoning behind that. You're just stereotyping people.
Ever heard of the expression "Don't judge a book by it's cover"?
Yeah, but normally the people I meet say they love this one band. You be nice and ask them what their favorite song is and they only tell you their singles. Most of them don't even know the depth of the band. You ask them why they like the band and they say that the lead singer is cute or something completely random. They don't listen to the music like the real fans do.
I have heard the phrase don't judge a book by it's cover. I bet there are kids out there who dress differently and are die hard fans, but most of the people I've seen are just dumbfounded on the facts of the band themselves.
Ever heard of the phrase "Stick to what you know?"
People who are posers should just stick to the genre they know and feel comfortable in, and leave band's die hard fans to what they know. It's not fair to the fans.
So, yes there is reasoning behind that.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 20th, 2008 at 08:45pm
DAVEY HAVOK.:
Yeah, but normally the people I meet say they love this one band. You be nice and ask them what their favorite song is and they only tell you their singles. Most of them don't even know the depth of the band. You ask them why they like the band and they say that the lead singer is cute or something completely random. They don't listen to the music like the real fans do.
I have heard the phrase don't judge a book by it's cover. I bet there are kids out there who dress differently and are die hard fans, but most of the people I've seen are just dumbfounded on the facts of the band themselves.
People who are posers should just stick to the genre they know and feel comfortable in, and leave band's die hard fans to what they know. It's not fair to the fans.

Yeah - bad reasoning.

All you're doing is pigeon-holing people. You're saying, "preps should listen to -insert music genre here-", which is a stupid thing to do in my opinion.
So what if someone listens to only the singles of a band? So what if someone thinks the lead singer of the band is cute? True, they may not everything about the band - but you do not need to know everything about a band, or know all the lyrics, to be a fan of a band.

Music is music, and everyone can listen to whatever they please regardless of what they wear.

I'm sure you don't want to be pigeon-holed and stereotyped. What if someone said to you - "you can only listen to this type of music"; how would you react? If someone told me I could only listen to a specific type of music that correlates with how I dress, I'd be pissed off.

"Stick to what you know" - I haven't heard a quote packed with so much bullshit. If everyone "stuck to what they knew", then this world would be boring as hell.

You're calling 'preps' who listen to rock posers - and yet you say, "posers should stick to the genre they know etc". What if these supposed people you call "posers" actually love rock? What if they're not "posers" at all, and you're way off mark? What if they see the appeal of the music but don't want to dress like a 'typical rock fan'?

blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 20th, 2008 at 10:52pm
^What she said.
It really doesn't matter if your a 'die hard fan' or not.
She or he likes the songs, thats really all that matters.
People can listen to whatever type of music they want.
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 20th, 2008 at 11:24pm
Whatever. I stick to my opinion and I'm not going to be forced into another opinion I don't agree with. In the rules it claims you can't do that on here.
I also don't appreciate being ganged up on. So, whatever.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 20th, 2008 at 11:33pm
^No one is forcing another opinion down your throat. You stated your opinion, and we stated ours. That is the way of a discussion board. I know most people, myself included don't like people disagreeing - but you can't escape that if you put an opinion forward.

blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 20th, 2008 at 11:35pm
DAVEY HAVOK.:
Whatever. I stick to my opinion and I'm not going to be forced into another opinion I don't agree with. In the rules it claims you can't do that on here.
I also don't appreciate being ganged up on. So, whatever.

We're not ganging up on you. It just so happens that the two of us have pretty much the same opinion and it is contradictory to yours. Neither of us is trying to 'force you into another opinion', we're just stating our opinions. Both of us said that we disagreed and stated why.
I think that it's wrong to judge people. You wouldn't look at a black person and say "He's black so he must be in a gang"
You wouldn't say "Oh that person is a muslim, they must be a terrorist"
At least I would hope you wouldn't judge people like that.
I assume you wouldn't want people to judge you by the way you look, so I don't see why you would make those kinds of stereotypes about other people.
"Treat others as you wish to be treated"
I'm not trying to be mean or forceful or anything like that. I'm just saying what I think.
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 20th, 2008 at 11:42pm
Whatever.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 20th, 2008 at 11:48pm
DAVEY HAVOK.:
Whatever.

Honestly when you say that I can't help but think that you are being immature.
You might want to get used to people disagreeing with you, because that's just the way the world works.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 21st, 2008 at 12:00am
Okay, no more fighting in here. Remember everyone, you're in the discussion forums and if you can't take someone else with a differing opinion, this probably isn't the place for you. If you guys have any more problems you need resolved, PM me. If you want to keep fighting, PM each other and duke it out in a PM war.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, nobody really did anything wrong, just end it, okay? :]
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 21st, 2008 at 01:08am
I'm not being immature. I've heard your side, you've heard mine, and I'm done.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
July 21st, 2008 at 03:50am
DAVEY HAVOK.:

Why should a person not be allowed to like just the singles? I like Biffy Clyro, and other than when I heard them support Muse, the only songs I've heard are the singles, and I like them. I'm not a huge fan of some of the other songs on Puzzle, there's sort of one or two, but predominantly, I like the singles. That doesn't make me a poser, it just makes me someone who listens to music. A lot of My Chem fans' favorite songs are ones like Helena, Famous Last Words, I'm Not Okay. They aren't posers, they just happen to like a certain song. Mikey Way's favorite My Chem song is Helena, does that make him a poser? (it's a rhetorical question to make a point)It was a single? It doesn't matter what song you like, as long as you like one. And why are posers not fair to the fans? yes, they might not be able to get gig tickets, but other than that, it's not really affecting anything. Some bands have newsletters that say where to get advance tickets, or extra tickets. The 'die hard' fans are more likely to be subscribed than the posers.

I also find it offensive the way 'die hard' fans treat newer fans, or people that don't appear to be really old fans. I started listening to My Chem in late 2001, so I think I fall under the category 'long term fan', if not 'die hard'. People think that because I turned up on fan sights after TBP, I am not a 'true' fan. I don't think it matters what songs you like, or when you started liking the band, as long as you do. Yes, teenies get on my nerves a bit, but they have as much right as anyone else to like a band, and if that's how you express that likeness, then so be it. If you are preppy, or gansta, or just plain old nerd, then you can still listen to what ever music you like. It doesn't really matter if you are a poser, and it doesn't really matter if you only like one or two songs. You still like the band, and that should be the main thing.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 21st, 2008 at 12:24pm
Sorry for the fighting. I got angry.
Music is music and I love it.
TheBlackParade92
Killjoy
TheBlackParade92
July 21st, 2008 at 03:11pm
Personally music make me feel happier, like if I am really angry, I put on a Slipknot CD or a Korn CD and every thing OK and I feel happier and I got all my anger out and stuff , or If I am really not happy and upset if I put on a Evanescence or a My Chemical Romance CD and then every thing OK for at least a little while.Also I think that with the whole single thing it like I not a massive fan of Bowling For Soup but I love 1985 ,and Punk rock 101 and I don't own any albums and I don't want to and the same with the Hives, I love tick tick boom but not enough to buy the album. I don't think liking Singles and only singles is a bad thing. If someone tho said that there fave band was Slipknot and they said that Before I forget or that they said they love My Chemical Romance and they said Welcome To The Black Parade is there fave song and these songs were the only songs they knew by the band then you could say that they were a poser or something.
Anyhow yeah I love music and I love how you can just put a CD or something on and just forget about anything else .That awesome.