Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
i'mnotokayipromise
Bleeding on the Floor
i'mnotokayipromise
August 6th, 2005 at 10:01pm
Was at a friend's who played Three Cheers for me and then I just went out and bought it(never regretted it) Then I go into alot of their older stuff.
Collision
Fabulous Killjoy
Collision
August 7th, 2005 at 03:35am
1.)Kept hearing 'I'm Not Okay' on the radio. Liked the song.
2.)I saw their performance on TRL after Green Day announced they were taking them on tour(which unfourtunatly didn't come to GA) and I was very impressed and drawn in.
3.)My friend Lea burned me copies of Bullets and Revenge. Loved them both but I like Revenge more for some reason. Me and Lea still get into arguements over which cd is better.
snap
Jazz Hands
snap
August 7th, 2005 at 08:02pm
Pameleah:
hi sweethearts
i just want to ask you all how you all encounted this band for the first time and 2. your first reaction ? and 3. are you dissapointed they have gone into the mainstream?

1. I was refered by someone on some site on the internet. So I checked them out.

2. They're pretty cool. I didn't really get into them then, though.

3. No, it doesn't really bother me all to much.
cupcake
Killjoy
cupcake
August 7th, 2005 at 09:30pm
I work at a radio station. I heard "Vampires" there a little over a year ago, just before "I'm Not Okay" came out. And so it began...
cupcake
Killjoy
cupcake
August 7th, 2005 at 09:31pm
Whoops. I forgot the other two parts of the topic.

2. I was like, "Holy mother of God this is amazing.

3. It's extremely werid to me since most other mainstream music is hip hop and r&b, but hopefully this is a sign that the masses will start liking good music again.
Dook1e
Killjoy
Dook1e
August 8th, 2005 at 09:55pm
1.My first encounter was prolly when I saw their video "Helena" on Muchmusic.
2.Pretty much liked their music so I decided to go on sum fansites and listen to a bit more of their music.Then I decided to get their cd haha..still missing the first one though Sad
3.Nahh,doesnt bother me that much.I'm okay with dat.
Last
Jazz Hands
Last
August 10th, 2005 at 03:57am
i saw im not okay on the fuse channel, and I liked them right away.
broken_soul
Joining The Black Parade
broken_soul
August 10th, 2005 at 01:11pm
I first heard them when I bought 3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge..seriously, I was looking for a CD and this guy told me that it was totally awesome and that I should get it so I did and he was right..I loved them like right away, and was really suprised actually by how deep the lyrics were. I think its awesome that they are more popular now, its good for them and now more people get to enjoy their music
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
Salute You in Your Grave
August 10th, 2005 at 09:12pm
i also found out about them when i heard they were filming a music video at my high school`s brother school. so i thought that was fucking awsome.
MyWordsAreLackingHonestyX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MyWordsAreLackingHonestyX
August 10th, 2005 at 09:30pm
My Heartbroken Smile:
i also found out about them when i heard they were filming a music video at my high school`s brother school. so i thought that was fucking awsome.

Your high schools brother school?? Sorry, I'm dumb. So, what is it?
Salute You in Your Grave
August 10th, 2005 at 09:39pm
|x|The Strange One|x|:
My Heartbroken Smile:

Your high schools brother school?? Sorry, I'm dumb. So, what is it?
it mean`s they`re close. so we know everything about it. soooooooo they filmed 'im not okay' there =]
kirstin
Salute You in Your Grave
kirstin
August 15th, 2005 at 09:14pm
i found out bout them by listening to kerrang. i heard i'm not okay, liked it, downloaded it, decided i really liked it, checked out their website and downloaded more of their songs (all the ones i could find basically)

er i kinda thought well not much cuz im stupid and dont think alot... lmfao

i think its great that they're getting their deserved recognition, but it peeves me that people are all like... o yeah i love that song, and now i love the band too, even though i have no idea what the other songs are, or wtf they are about... blah blah blah

i tried desperately to find a channel playing the vids... but failing miserably left it on the channel it was on (which happened to be mtv, and euro top 20 was on)... i got so friggin peeved cuz every single song was flippin r'n'b stuff... the only song not was greenday wi wake me up when september ends... but even they are starting to become pop... and wtf is rave music??

bring the good stuff in!! *gets very angry and goes demented* lmfao
SIERRA ROFLZ
Awake and Unafraid
SIERRA ROFLZ
August 15th, 2005 at 09:18pm
i was at HMV and saw this wicked drawing picked it up and looked and it was three cheers for sweet revenge. Looked at the back. And just said awww what the hell might as well get it. I had a gift card though I wouldn't of got it if I didn't cause I never have cash... Listened to it for the first time loved it.

The next day....
Obsessed!! Very Happy

Now they're on tv a little. Well on Much.
Not very nice
Shotgun Sinner
Not very nice
August 15th, 2005 at 09:22pm
1. i hate to say it but i never liked thm till i heard ino(which i disliked) but it was on kerrang all the time and it grew on me thn helena did thn ghost of u and well, now i love all their fuckin stuff and id shave all my hair of for tickets to c thm in november!!!!!!!!!
2. i dont like these guys (thn omfg this shit rocks)
3. its gd and bad like i mean more teenies but also more actual fans might learn to like em, like me!!!!!!!!!
Not very nice
Shotgun Sinner
Not very nice
August 15th, 2005 at 09:23pm
now they r my FAVOURATE band like id love to meet um, i really wud shave all my hair lol
SIERRA ROFLZ
Awake and Unafraid
SIERRA ROFLZ
August 15th, 2005 at 09:26pm
Kon-Foozed:
1. i hate to say it but i never liked thm till i heard ino(which i disliked) but it was on kerrang all the time and it grew on me thn helena did thn ghost of u and well, now i love all their fuckin stuff and id shave all my hair of for tickets to c thm in november!!!!!!!!!
2. i dont like these guys (thn omfg this shit rocks)
3. its gd and bad like i mean more teenies but also more actual fans might learn to like em, like me!!!!!!!!!

Don't hate because I'm a teenie! Just joking I don't have a lot of teenie moments actually... but I'm an actual fan (I think)defie an actual fan? Ok so kon-foozed you're now giving your hair and your left ball to see them? I'm keeping track ain't nothing getting by me.
Not very nice
Shotgun Sinner
Not very nice
August 15th, 2005 at 09:30pm
p my hair and call it a nut it makes ppl go ew more lol and tennies like mcr just cos they popular or like 1 song, or like them just cos "gerard is H-O-T-T-HOTT!" or "frankie i want ur babies i will rape u" like come on thts the reason they cant meet their fans anymore (and get tickets before i do so i cant go cos of teenies) i like, nah, LOVE all their songs, and ur not a teenie
SIERRA ROFLZ
Awake and Unafraid
SIERRA ROFLZ
August 15th, 2005 at 09:33pm
Kon-Foozed:
p my hair and call it a nut it makes ppl go ew more lol and tennies like mcr just cos they popular or like 1 song, or like them just cos "gerard is H-O-T-T-HOTT!" or "frankie i want ur babies i will rape u" like come on thts the reason they cant meet their fans anymore (and get tickets before i do so i cant go cos of teenies) i like, nah, LOVE all their songs, and ur not a teenie

Yay! Kon-foozed I give you a hug! Not a teenie hug though... Sorry your hair and left nut...ewww! I would never rape Frank or kidnap his babies.
/.\Kaiser/.\Chief/.\
Jazz Hands
/.\Kaiser/.\Chief/.\
August 15th, 2005 at 10:23pm
I guess you could say i started out as a teenie cuz i heard ino one day and then next thing you knew was singing it the whole day and my friends said it was good and then i grudually just started looking them up and fell in love with give em hell kid,skylines and turnstiles and yea but my mom hates them.*tear* i mean i did think gerard was hot but i really liked the video.at first i thought is was an actual movie.lol.but yea.