Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
SIERRA ROFLZ
Awake and Unafraid
SIERRA ROFLZ
August 16th, 2005 at 02:17am
Rebel:
Revenge for Roses:
Rebel:
^you rock Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy no one has ever said that about me yet... may i quote u in my siggy? [j/k]

Can I quote you in my siggy? As a buddy? I need your name please!
My name is Soleil, and you are sierra Smile i added you in my sig under 'people who rock incredibly' lol Very Happy

yay! 3 buddies! Hugs to all my buddies!
kirstin
Salute You in Your Grave
kirstin
August 17th, 2005 at 09:51am
Revenge for Roses:

Being superfrank I cannot reveal my true identity. Yours truly frank iero.

that bit made me laugh so much, my brother asked what was funny, so i tried to tell him the story... but i laughed too much and couldn't...
nyhahaha
im so retarded...
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
August 17th, 2005 at 08:06pm
Discovered MCR originally on Kiwibox when everyone would talk about their favourite bands on qbooks, that was like 2 years ago I guess when I started to hear bout them, did some lookin into them than, found little and forgot more or less...than earlier this summer I was channel surfin in the wee hours of morning while my sister was gone (b/c my room has no satelite tv damnit) and saw the start of "Helena" on FUSE and I watched it and bam, luved it. Got online that day or the next day and started to download just about every song I could find by them and burned a CD...and thus it began. The obsession. They should have a 12 step program...who's goal isn't recovery, but rather...calming it down... lol... b/c its taken over a good part of my life ... but in a good way, its very theraputic to listen to and spend time 'working' with ya konw??? Of course you do!!!
C h e e s e
Motor Baby
C h e e s e
August 21st, 2005 at 06:11am
1.i saw the name on aol music...then ilistened to I'm not okay (i promise)and fell in love!

2.I loved the band the music..everything about them....after i got the tcfsr cd i got the first one...their both AWESOME!

3.im not really happy about it..but at least other ppl will be able to share my love..(obsession) with MCR with me and the rest of the world.
xhopelessxxheartsx
Killjoy
xhopelessxxheartsx
August 21st, 2005 at 04:54am
It was ages ago, I heard about I brought you my bullets... so I went out and bought it. enough said... Laughing
ioffendpeople
Killjoy
ioffendpeople
August 28th, 2005 at 11:03am
I found out about them through an online friend. I got TCFSR, listened to it for awhile to relieve surface tension...I loved it, then got their first album a bit afterwards. Great stuff. <3
innerdisintegrationn
Killjoy
innerdisintegrationn
September 10th, 2005 at 12:00am
I first heard about MCR from my friend. That was before the TCFSR came out. So when it did, i got bought it from HMV for like, 36 bucks. I saw the same cd last week selling for like, 18.90 at HMV.

i think i got cheated.
Ghost Of You
Killjoy
Ghost Of You
September 10th, 2005 at 09:06am
I was on www.punkrockvids.com, I was downloading some videos then I saw the original version "I Not Okay (I Promise)". Then it was beginning to be a MCR fan. I bought the CD the next day.
DayDream
Killjoy
DayDream
September 11th, 2005 at 01:57pm
via a HIM forum.. me and my friend bought the album.. and i loved every song so.. thats how it started =)
I'm_Not_Ok_Really
Killjoy
I'm_Not_Ok_Really
September 11th, 2005 at 02:16pm
First I saw their video for I'm Not Okay (I Promise), and didn't really care for them. Then Helena came out and I really liked the song, but the band was still iffy (I thought they were goth poseurs)
And then I saw them with Green Day, and went "THESE GUYS ARE FUCKIN' AWESOME!"
Unfourtunatly it took me months to get their CD, it was sold out everywhere. But my friend got it and burned it for me, so now I'm happy. ^.^
Miss Americvnt
Bleeding on the Floor
Miss Americvnt
September 11th, 2005 at 05:16pm
Saw I'm Not Okay (I Promise) and fell in love. I learned everything I could about them, all my friends didn't know their 1st album existed, and I did and rubbed it in their faces. Then I bought it and memorized all the words in one day. I do think Gerard is hot and save and print a lot of pics of him, but I am NOT a teenie! Alright bye.
}TeXaS{
Motor Baby
}TeXaS{
September 12th, 2005 at 05:35pm
1. heard "honey" and "our lady" on an old mix cd of my bro's friend. he hates anything that's not totally hardcore punk, but thought mcr was okay. had me listen to it. loved it
2. ff about 6 months, see the vid for "not okay" and melt
3. find the song too true for its own good, and then proceed to find a copy of three cheers
4. had part of bullets. it died Sad
5. cry when i see and/or hear sceners raving about how "kick-ass" or "totally hawt" mcr is. damn them...
beautifully_chaotic
Killjoy
beautifully_chaotic
September 12th, 2005 at 05:44pm
My first boyfriend introduced me to them during gr.8. In math, we just sat and listened to them.
I was lucky enough to go to their early shows. I think i failed math that year xD

On regards to mainstream, i find there are major pros and cons.
With mainstream you get the frightful poseur that knows nothing but one or two songs and they dont understand the full effect or message mcr is delivering.
Although, everyone loves a successs story, to have a small time band make it big is every true rockstar story.
So good for MCR and bad for losers that do not appreciate other songs than helena and im not okay.
gaw.andrea.mcr
Fabulous Killjoy
gaw.andrea.mcr
September 12th, 2005 at 08:13pm
I saw the video of I'm not okay and said "that song and video is so FREAKING AWESOME!!!
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
September 12th, 2005 at 08:17pm
I saw the Helena video and I wanted to check out some of the other songs MCR had and the I got hooked!!!!
Eyesa
Motor Baby
Eyesa
September 12th, 2005 at 09:04pm
My friend was wearing a My Chemical Romance t-shirt at school and i asked him what that meant and he said he didnt know so i lokked them up and went to their sight and listening to helena, im Not Okay, and under Pressure(witch they redid). And i loved those songs so i got the album Three Cheers For Sweet revenge just for helena, and im Not Okay and lisened to the cd and just loved them!!! I love them so much!! I have a clock of them, that is kind of scary my friends say, LOL.
LunaSoliel
Killjoy
LunaSoliel
September 13th, 2005 at 06:54pm
My discovery is quite awkward actually. It was alittle embarassing. here is wut happend

Me and my friend Emily were talkin online and she says:

Emily: Have you heard my chemical romance

Me:No tell me about him

Emily: tell u about who???

Me: Yur Chemical romance

Emily: HAHAHAHAHA! NO NO NO! My Chemical Romance is a band.

Me: OOOOOOOOOH! Embarassed

Emily: Yur so retarted haha!
Very Happy
I bought the album after that and turned out loving there music! I never knew wut any of them looked like until about 2 months after that.lol!
amidark
Jazz Hands
amidark
September 17th, 2005 at 03:52pm
lets see the first time i ever heard mcr......
i was sitting home alone for the 3rd night in a row in my house watching mtv2 or fuse and it was the end of a making the video show. I remember hearing yeah this video is all about how kids shouldnt feel bad to stand out and all that jazz and then im not okay came on. In the first 5 seconds i was laughing my ass off watching these guys be different and funny and out there and getting tortured for it...it reminded me alot of my self. The next week i get money,buy their cd, fall in love with their music and its been obsession ever senses, lol!
~Killer_Queen~
Thinking Happy Thoughts
~Killer_Queen~
September 17th, 2005 at 04:07pm
1. I don't have MTV, but I discovered them I think in school watching launch, probaly came on after Green Day, HUGE fan of theirs at the time when I went on launch

2. I thought yeah, they are ok, I wasn't really bothered, although loved the video. I sat one night watched it 40 times probaly then thought 'This band are incredible' and went out and bought the album while out with my friends the next day. Was all over the place trying to find it though!Shocked

3. I don't mind them going mainstream, more people hear how amazing they are, I am also one of the people who bought the album just as they became big, but I am happy for their success, they deserve it!