Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
mbgfr_278
Fabulous Killjoy
mbgfr_278
January 19th, 2007 at 04:52pm
i seen im not okay in like july of 2005 ,and i new they were touring with green day (and their cool)soo i listened to more of their music it was awesome
mbgfr_278
Fabulous Killjoy
mbgfr_278
January 19th, 2007 at 04:52pm
and i told my friend bout it and she fell in love with their music to go me XD
MCR Way Bros
Jazz Hands
MCR Way Bros
January 19th, 2007 at 06:46pm
my friend rachael got me into mcr so here's a shout out for her:

rachael, you are the best, thank you for introducing me to mcr's music. im so mad that my parents wont let me go to the mcr concert with you.
the megalodon.
Salute You in Your Grave
the megalodon.
January 19th, 2007 at 08:30pm
Well my sister's always liked MCR, but she wouldn't let me listen to them until the end of 7th grade because she thought they were "Too dirty" for me. O.o
Sadie Marie
Salute You in Your Grave
Sadie Marie
January 23rd, 2007 at 03:32pm
INO was the first, i saw it on kerrang! and was like yeeeeeeeaah that is the bollocks of a song!! i loved the video, then bought tc4sr and now i have tbp and are going to see the boys at wembley... i liked them before mainstream, wttbp got mcr more known and the teenies just queued up in front of gerard way.....
*quietly throws up in the corner*
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
January 23rd, 2007 at 03:40pm
1. My friend made me watch WTTBP, and I found myself loving it.

2. I was totally gobsmacked. I could not believe I had never heard of MCR before! So, I immediately downloaded all of TBP and listened to it. By this time, it was a full blown obsession. So I downloaded Bullets and Revenge and now I'm just devoted.

3. I hate teenies who just get tickets to see how 'hot' the guys are. That really annoys me.
xxHelena_627xx
Motor Baby
xxHelena_627xx
January 23rd, 2007 at 03:41pm
I was listening to this song my cousin let me listen'Thank you for the Venom'*to be more specific* to and I liked it so I asked her who it was by and she said MCR and I looked them up and now they r my FAVORITE band!!!
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
January 23rd, 2007 at 03:43pm
i herd mcr like when they came out(2002) somewhere in that year that they came out.i didnt know much about them but since i was building up my cd collection i thought maybe ill buy that cd from that new band.i got it and then i started to like the song so i began listening to them.i found mcr when somone in the record store is like you should listen to this band they're really good so i bought.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 23rd, 2007 at 04:00pm
yeah, kinda like that ^^
i was in a cd store just browsing, and saw the cd(bullets..)
read some of the song titles, liked the cover, tried it out.
fell in love.
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
January 24th, 2007 at 12:40pm
Discovered them through Emma, obsession started and then . . .

Life was complete

Now I can go jump of that bridge . . .
WTFrank?!
Joining The Black Parade
WTFrank?!
January 24th, 2007 at 03:56pm
well the first time i heard mcr was in a game lol. it was need for speed for the psp. thank you for the venom. just compleatly blew me away Smile and then i was watchin house of wax and helenas at the end credits so i heard that and waas like ahhh i have to get that album!!! and uhm yeah i saw im not okay on kerrang or something. but it was really thank you for the venom that got me into them Very Happy
sonny is god!
Really Not Okay
sonny is god!
January 24th, 2007 at 04:19pm
I first heard of MCR when my moms friend told me about them because she is close personal friends with MCR.
Jyulin
Shotgun Sinner
Jyulin
January 25th, 2007 at 07:31pm
As shameful as it is, I bought their first album just because I liked the band name *Hides face*. But, the music turned out to be as good (if not better) as the band name and I got hooked.
MCR_Owns_Alex
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_Owns_Alex
January 25th, 2007 at 07:39pm
I've seen the ''I'm Not Okay'' Video and I fell in love with them In Love
It's one of my fav videos ^^
Then I asked my father to buy me the album Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge and I then I became a real fan...
knights of cydonia.
Salute You in Your Grave
knights of cydonia.
January 25th, 2007 at 10:23pm
I was at one of my friend's house. All of a sudden, the music video for Helena came on tv. I've loved MCR since then. She doesn't as much, but I'm just way too obsessive.
I bought their first two albums and wow, it was more like addicted than obsessed.
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
January 26th, 2007 at 02:14pm
My friends all say I'm freakishly obsessed with MCR +__+

I guess I am.......and I'm proud.
That's What You Get
Always Born a Crime
That's What You Get
January 29th, 2007 at 07:38am
hell yeah ^^
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
January 29th, 2007 at 11:59am
i was at my friends house, watching MTV in the lack of something better, and then all the sudden, Im not okay starts. i think it was premiere or something like that. i didnt pay much attention first, but then i started to reeeeeally listen.
the music + video just made such an impact to me, it was something i had ever seen or heard. and i was this stupid lil prat back then, i didnt know ANYTHING bout good music, but mcr kinda changed everything.
so the next day, i went to google them and fell in love:]

bout the mainstream, how could i NOT be happy/glad/proud when my fave band gets huuge and gets the credit they deserve? :]
Damned-After-All
Joining The Black Parade
Damned-After-All
February 2nd, 2007 at 10:21am
I started getting really into it when my cousin's bf brought over the bullets CD in 2003 and made us all listen to it...

I think the only bad thing about mainstream is the fact that so many people are posing as something they're not, like all the preps that turned emo overnight because they thought WTTBP was cool. That's the only real issue.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
February 2nd, 2007 at 10:24am
i was seeing them live at give it a name. i used to hate them and think they were posers and stuff, but then i saw them at give it a name and heard all of the things gerard said between songs and thought they were actually pretty damn cool and realized id completely misjudged them and then i went home, bought kerrang the next week and there was an article which was kind of like a biography of my chemical romance and i read it. saw what they were about and loved them even more.

its cool to be able to say the exact date that i became a my chem fan. =P