Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
HeavenHelpUsxx
Fabulous Killjoy
HeavenHelpUsxx
March 2nd, 2007 at 07:27pm
Scarily, I've actually known of them since they weren't famous. My family and I were on a beach in NJ, and guess who were there playing? MCR. But I being so young didn't actually like the music until a good year or two later sadly. I could of met them then if I had been my age now! Crying or Very sad I began to totally love them after watching the I'm Not Okay vid a good few times.. The first time Gerard actually scared me! xD (which made me go into hysterics and fall on the floor when I remembered that yesterday.)
Dancing In The Rain
Fabulous Killjoy
Dancing In The Rain
March 15th, 2007 at 04:39pm
1. I've liked them since they relesead 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge' that was when my dad (who has a habit of randomly buying tix to concerts of bands he doesnt even know) and I went to a MCR concert.
2. I LOVED THEM from the first song they played on that stage. I just felt like someone finally understood.
3. I actually kinda hate the fact that they're famous now. They aren't the same anymore. And besides, half of their fans are posers now.
MCR.4.life
Killjoy
MCR.4.life
March 16th, 2007 at 12:39am
*sigh* ok, what happened was, I met a friend who had a friend that eventually became my friend. She's all, "Have you ever heard of MCR?" After a few months I watched their Famous Last Words video on Fuse and from then on I've gone CRAAZY over them!
ambriece
Always Born a Crime
ambriece
March 16th, 2007 at 01:14am
i foudn out abou them NOV 2002, wen I was going to chill at my friends house and he was playing Bullets. I remember thinking 'These guys fucking rock'.
ambriece
Always Born a Crime
ambriece
March 16th, 2007 at 01:15am
HeavenHelpUsxx:
Scarily, I've actually known of them since they weren't famous. My family and I were on a beach in NJ, and guess who were there playing? MCR. But I being so young didn't actually like the music until a good year or two later sadly. I could of met them then if I had been my age now! Crying or Very sad I began to totally love them after watching the I'm Not Okay vid a good few times.. The first time Gerard actually scared me! xD (which made me go into hysterics and fall on the floor when I remembered that yesterday.)

You could have met them?!?!? luckii, lol. I've never gotten the chance. =[[
Ryan Rocked Saturday
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Ryan Rocked Saturday
March 16th, 2007 at 01:43am
1. First saw it on MTV (the I'm not okay video) on 2005
2. I was like "woah..., they're cool... the guitarist looks like david desrosiers from SIMPLE PLAN?!!"
3. not really. because then, I didn't really know about mainstream-ness. but now..., I'm just glad that they're making cool music together.
Rockee.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rockee.
March 29th, 2007 at 09:45pm
1. I was watching t.v. and the Im Not Okay video come on
2. I was like absolutely in love with video and the song and I thought Gerard had the most perfect hair...ever
3. Mainstream is good and bad...I mean I want them to make money because they completely deserve it and I want them to be able to save other lives in the process butttt....i hate all the neg. attention that becoming mainstream brings them...like all that "emo" bull and all of those people who like them because of how hott they are or because they are what's in right now...
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 29th, 2007 at 09:47pm
1.A friend of mine asked me to download some stuff and make her a mix CD. One of the song she wanted was I'm Not Okay, i took a listen and the rest is history!
2.I loved it! It was the most amazing song id ever heard!
3.Mainstream has its pro's and con's, so its hard to tell if its good or bad
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
March 29th, 2007 at 09:52pm
1. I first heard I'm Not Okay on Kerrang!. I didn't listen to that song because everyone was listening to them, because no one I knew had told me about them.

2. I thought they were really good... And still do...

3. I don't get the whole mainstream thing. Sorry for my mental retardness, but what is it? Like, everyone knows who they are? Cause that means, here, they're so not mainstream. Nobody knows them except about 50 people in my school. Out of 2000, btw.
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
March 29th, 2007 at 10:52pm
1. i heard i'm not okay (i promise) on the radio or w/e
2. i was like woah. these guys are cool. when i got into them was when i watched the "welcome to the black parade". then i was like dude, these guys aren't cool, they're fucking sick. when i got completely and scarily obsessed with them was when i listened to bullets though.
3. like i said, bullets is my favorite record..so im obviously a little upset that they went mainstream and made revenge and tbp (dont get me wrong, those records are sweet), gathering a staggering amount of teenies on the way.
but then again, if they weren't mainstream, i probably wouldn't have heard of them.
so it's a good thing, i guess.
but...i miss them.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 30th, 2007 at 01:45am
I learned about MCR through the Helena video. And I hate mainstream. I wish they'd be mainstream but rock out like before.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
March 30th, 2007 at 10:59am
Wow these accounts were interesting! Here's mine...

Apparently, my brat was all turned onto MCR while we were still in Florida - in 2004; he said INO and Helena were on MTV all the time. But he never told me anything about them (boy was I mad when I realized how much we missed being away - Gee living in our neck of the woods (Queens) their last coupla shows, 3 Cheers etc.)

We moved back to NY in 2006; Damie was reading his myspace one day and INO was playing in the background. He'd just been dumped and I heard him singing along and remarked "That would be a good song to dedicate to that girl!"

Nothing again until February 2007 (now Damie has an iPod with them on it but I hadn't been paying attention to that.) Damien mentioned to me that MCR was on tour and we could get tix for $27. I was like "Cool." I always like a good show. I barely knew any of the material (I crammed literally on the way in with the iPod.) The next day, wanting to relive his first show together, we listened to MCR all morning. Once the weekend was out, I started taking the iPod to work and found myself listening only to MCR and trying to learn all the words - it took me about 2 days to realize I was hooked. I told Damien I may have to join that MCRmy that Gerard mentioned at our show.

I then proceeded to read every article I could get my hands on, found this MB and the MCRmy one, learned what was out there on the band and bought it (magazine covers, cds, dvds etc.) and now here I am - one full month later and almost all caught up!
The Way
Joining The Black Parade
The Way
March 30th, 2007 at 01:43pm
I loved the Helena vid the first time I saw it; the dancing dead girl and umbrella part was unforgettable, but for the band itself, it was kind of okay.

Then I heard Ghost of You, and loved it a lot.

And I had their 3cheers CD, and sometimes I queue-it-up and stuff, but never really listened. I did know the next intro to each song after one ended, but that's about it.

And then I heard Welcome to the Black Parade and at first only memorized the first par, until 'Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me' and the chorus.

Then I got the Black Parade, then skimmed through it. The title Cancer caught my eye and the first time I heard it I immediately fell in love.

And I think that's what started the obsession.

Soon, I was collecting pics and listening and loving all the songs, then got a copy of Bullets (read the lyrics beforehand) and loved it... then I was piling up MCR files on my PC like lyrics and fics and quotes and pics and vids... and I went to sites and collected more stuff...

OMGee I love em so much. It hurts and makes my heart swell.

And I welcomed the New Year with 'em, and broadcast my love to the world...

I could go on for how long... ΓΌ
gothic_chick12
Killjoy
gothic_chick12
April 1st, 2007 at 12:28am
it was about 10 years ago, i was flipping through the t.v. channels, and saw the music video of Helena. while i was watching it, i totally fell in live with Gerard Way & MCR Very Happy. i have loved them ever since.
Shatterwall
Motor Baby
Shatterwall
April 1st, 2007 at 04:13am
It was when Rock Sound did an article with Adam Lazzara (Taking Back Sunday) and "some other guy" which turned out to be Gerard. I didn't think much of him in the article, but it came with a free CD that had Thank you for the Venom on. So that was the song that got me hooked on MCR.
Brand New.
Demolition Lover
Brand New.
June 7th, 2007 at 05:11pm
I heard about them threw my Best friend. She was seriously obbsessed.=P (not that tahts a bad thing, its actually rlly awsome!!) I went over to her place and heard Prison, and i fell in love with it. Threw Prison i heard about Helena and listened to that, and loved it, and then I'm not okay.. and so on=P
thtsmrsway2Ubetch!
Joining The Black Parade
thtsmrsway2Ubetch!
June 7th, 2007 at 05:12pm
well i saw em on tv but i wasnt 2 interested. but my BEST cousin, Danielle, got me hooked on them. lol
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
June 7th, 2007 at 05:14pm
gothic_chick12:
it was about 10 years ago, i was flipping through the t.v. channels, and saw the music video of Helena. while i was watching it, i totally fell in live with Gerard Way & MCR Very Happy. i have loved them ever since.

.....Uhhmmmmmmmmmm.
10 years ago was 1997.

Try again.

Anyway. I saw them for the first time on TRL a few days after Revenge came out. I was literally like, "Where have you been all my life, huh!?"
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
June 7th, 2007 at 05:48pm
Well i first heard them when i was flicking through the tele and WTTBP came on. I loved it. Then i bought TBP album, then bought all the rest ect, and now im absolutley in love with them.
My first reaction was like. 'Maann i need to get their album!'
Im not really bothered about the whole 'mainstreem' thing, since if it wasn't for that i doubt i would have discovered them !
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
June 7th, 2007 at 08:33pm
i heard Helena when it first came out and i fell in love with it...even though i had no sense then and wasn't into that kind of music. after that i heard im not okay, ghost of you...i really liked those. then when WTTBP came out i bought the CD and i was amazed...been obsessed ever since Very Happy