Don't have an account? Create one!

Drugs.

AuthorMessage
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
September 18th, 2006 at 02:35am
buggirl:
ok, something a little outside subject, but within the subject… you think that the coffee is a drug? Do you belive in the caffein addiction? many doctors says that the coffee doesn´t produce addiction,but if you let consume it of a little while to another one, produces abstinence syndrome… isnt a contradiction?

My science teacher said it was possible.
Stairway_To_Heaven
Killjoy
Stairway_To_Heaven
September 18th, 2006 at 12:15pm
im against drugs completly. admitadly many of my idols have been on drugs. but im still against them. im in a sticky situation atm cos of my friends stupid behaviour. shes just made e hate them more. ive seen what they do to people
¹²³Mrs.Self.Destruct©™
Bleeding on the Floor
¹²³Mrs.Self.Destruct©™
September 18th, 2006 at 05:37pm
I hate drugs..
They change people, and not for the better.
They changed my best friend... she doesn't need me anymore. She's got her druggie friends now. I'm apparently "no fun anymore"... because I don't get messed up.

Direct quote from her too.. we used to be so close.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 23rd, 2006 at 08:02am
¹²³Mrs.Self.Destruct©™:
I hate drugs..
They change people, and not for the better.
They changed my best friend... she doesn't need me anymore. She's got her druggie friends now. I'm apparently "no fun anymore"... because I don't get messed up.

Direct quote from her too.. we used to be so close.

This just shows that you are responsible, because I am sure that many people in that situation, realising that they were going to loose their best friend, may actually not be able to resist the peer pressure.

You can have so much fun in your life, you never need drugs, I feel very sorry for your friend feeling that she needs to take drugs to have fun. I have taken some drugs in the past, which i am not proud of, and which i will never do again. Nothing bad happened to me, and yes I thought it was fun at the time, but I was lucky to realise how stupid i was being because things can get out of control quite easily, it can go from taking them once a month to once a day and that is not a trap that anyone wants to get themselves into.

I think its a lot to do with respecting your body and yourself. I didn't ever have a bad experience from drug taking, but I was still abusing my body, and damage can be done even if you never realise it, I made a concsious decision to never take drugs again, and I never have. I do not need them in my life.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 23rd, 2006 at 08:05am
assiralc talc:
I completely agree that you shouldn't abandon your friends when they need you most. I've done that in the past and I still feel awful about being useless because it just made everything worse. So yeah, we mustn't underestimate friendship.

I agree. If they are taking drugs and hanging out with new friends who are into the same thing, then maybe its not an environment that you should be getting yourself into. Just let them know that while you think what they are doing is wrong, that you are still there for them even if you dont really see them as much anymore. Friendships are so important in life, to turn around and realise you have lost everything because of bad choices and decisions must be devistating.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 23rd, 2006 at 08:10am
Skipper; I Lied:
the most terrifiying drug out there is ketamine in my opinion.

Yes. My boyfriend was spiked with Ketamine about three eyars ago. He was out with three girls and they all put their bottles on the table while they were dancing. Someone had spiked one of the bottles and he drank from it and soon was unconscious.

But it was very lucky, the hospital said that the dose would have almost certaintly killed one of the girls if they had drank it, so in a way he saved our friends lives, it was only because he was a guy (more muscle mass) and was physically bigger than the girls that his system could cope with the amount.

Also Ketamine can make you infertile, I can not understand people who take it for fun, its an animal tranquiliser for gods sake! And as for the people doing the "spiking" words can not describe how they make me feel.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 23rd, 2006 at 08:15am
x Fire At Will x:
The only illegal drug that I have used is marijuana. And in my opinion, it should be legal...

Yes in the treatment of pain it has been proven to be quite effective and there have been trials of it in tablet form. In these cases any possible negative effects are possibly outweighed by the benefits, but there has still not been enough research done into its long term effects, such as psychosis.

Several studies have shown a positive relationship between marijuana use and mental problems such as schizophrenia in addition to impaired cognitive ability, that means basically someone may have a worse memory, or worse level of concentration when compared to a non user. But the problem with this is that other studies have found no links between these things, which is why a lot more research into its effects needs to be done.

Also people may be predisposed to having a mental condition such as schizophrenia for example, which may be triggered by such drug use.
bloody_intervention
Killjoy
bloody_intervention
October 21st, 2006 at 09:05pm
Our Avenged Jules:
Fire_at_willX0:
i dont do them now
but im gonna smoke pot when I am older
and mabey take shrooms and go on the freak out ( my friend did that...lol)

Why?
Why do drugs appeal to you?

Drugs appeal to people because it takes you out of your mind so to speak, it's not just like smokeing cigarettes, which is completley pointless by the way.
bloody_intervention
Killjoy
bloody_intervention
October 21st, 2006 at 09:13pm
It's Samlicious.:
The human body is such an amazing thing.
Everything is so perfectly balanced from the day you're concieved until the day you die and doing drugs messes up that process so much, it's just so sad. I mean, we are the the perfect machine. Everything is made so it does a crertain job and it's just ridiculous how complex humans really are. It's a shame that the way everything works is torn apart by people using drugs.

okay people are not perfectly balanced anymore! if you were balanced you would never get sick. and humans are far from perfect.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 21st, 2006 at 10:53pm
^OK, a couple of things.

First, please try to fit all your responses into ONE post, rather than doing it in three or four.

And secondly, what Sam was talking about is how our bodies have been adapted and how they work. She was comparing a person using drugs to a wrench being thrown into a working machine. She didn't mean that we are perfect, only that all our bodily systems work perfectly fine, and are not adapted to need drugs.

Only illnesses and diseases require drug treatments, and that is like fixing a malfunctioning part of the machine, to get it working again.
lanee.
In The Murder Scene
lanee.
October 21st, 2006 at 11:31pm
I've done a lot of drugs. I've been... an idiot at some points.
I've done a whole much of marjiuana/hash/pot when I was younger (13-15)
I mean, overall, the experience wasn't even that fun. It just made me giggle a lot and then get tired.
I don't regret it though, I've learnt since then. But, it's like the older you get the more things you have access to.
I've tried coke, ecstacy, this weird designer drug that was going around for a while, and some odd pill one of my friend's friend gave me.
Yeah, I'm dumb, I get it. It's just that, people are going to try things regardless of what you say.
Drugs are bad when they're being abused. Drugs will hurt you, and you will get addicted.
Turn To Grey
Always Born a Crime
Turn To Grey
October 21st, 2006 at 11:38pm
Personally, I don't do drugs. I'm mostly against them.
But I think it's okay for people to do pot. I have several friends who do and it barely interferes with their lives. The thing is, you can't really try and help people quit unless they're your best friend. It's kinda complicated.
I don't intend on doing drugs.
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
October 22nd, 2006 at 02:51am
One of my "old" friends, asked me if I wanted to get high on Special K and then comsume so much that we sink into a K Hole.

(Which is where, you're pretty much paraylsed and it feels as if you're spearated from your body. It's fucking scary.)

I laughed. A year ago, I would've been so for it.

Now I just laugh.

Although I still smoke Pot. It helps the pain from my arthritis..
Thursday's Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Thursday's Child
October 22nd, 2006 at 03:09am
I know the harmful effects and everything...but I'd try them if I was ever offered.

But I'm not going to go out of my way to do drugs. And definately not in high school...
...I'm a pretty good golfer (go ahead and laugh) and I'm sort of counting on scholarships from it.
and it becomes problimatic if I'm kicked off the team from getting caught with drugs.
and the whole fact that I'd be dead after my parents found out why I was kicked off the team...

my friends give me a lot of shit about how clean cut I am...but I have a lot riding on how well I do in sports and how well I do in school, and I really don't want to fuck that up even more than I've been doing lately...
Jacket Slut.
Bleeding on the Floor
Jacket Slut.
October 23rd, 2006 at 04:54pm
Drugs are really stupid. They screw your life up, and its hard to get back to normal once your addicted.....i do not do drugs, nor do i ever ever want to or intend to....i know some1 who does, and its has screwed up his life.....so NEVER DO DRUGS
MadinaLake
Salute You in Your Grave
MadinaLake
October 23rd, 2006 at 05:08pm
I've never done drugs...but i cant say i never will because you never know what life throws at you. I used to judge people who took drugs but i dont anymore because i realise that something like depression can make you do things like that. I can relate to it because (i know this is wrong) i feel like drinking can cushion emotional pain for me, suffering from depression is hard but im finding other ways to deal with it.
ServeItInDrag
Fabulous Killjoy
ServeItInDrag
October 23rd, 2006 at 06:15pm
Dont do drugs coz ya'll go to prison an drugs are really expensive in prison Naughty
On a serious note tho ne1 who has been an addict an come out the other side deserves respect
Sylvia.
Salute You in Your Grave
Sylvia.
October 23rd, 2006 at 08:11pm
If you`re going to drugs, please stop and think about who it will effect.
For one second, stop being selfish, and think about your friends and family. How will you doing these drugs effect your relationships with the people you love the most? When you hurt yourself, you`re hurting EVERYONE that cares about you.
Think about THAT.
Catharsis
Jazz Hands
Catharsis
October 23rd, 2006 at 09:18pm
Drugs can have serious consequences on your body both physically and mentally. But if want to use them and want to take this risk than go for it.
People seem to think that it is because of the hippies that there is now all these drugs around in society, well in my community as well, there is a strong sttitude of drugs were made by hippies but they have been around for a long time and were bound to beome more prevalent as therre many outcomes were discovered.
Hitler used to inject like five times a day, more than half of china used to be addicted to opium, heroin was first used to help people suffering from the common cold, ecstacy was used in marriage counselling.
People just don't realised what could ultimately happen to them, that being death. Whilst many people use them quite recreationally just as they do alcohol, many get too involved, and end up getting habits which cost them hundreds of dollars a day.
While i have used many substances before i am glad that i realised what could ultimately happen if i became totally addicted and that just because they helped me feel good for a small amount of time i would still have to experience the huge downer afterwards.
Just don't do it, it is seriously not worth, if you wanna escape your problems find another means, talk to someone, scream at the top of your lungs, run it out, i dunno, i just know drugs isn't the way to go. Besides if you get caught with em you are screwed.
FAMOUSXLASTXWORDS
Killjoy
FAMOUSXLASTXWORDS
October 24th, 2006 at 12:21pm
Never tried and i never will! ...cause im cool like that Dance