Don't have an account? Create one!

Your Country's Government.

AuthorMessage
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
July 22nd, 2007 at 05:05am
i am from america, and i am going to be conpletely honest.

america's government is the worst. my dad even said this country is too fucking corrupt for his liking, and the insurance such as health care is insane and ridiculous.

god knows what is going to happen when bush leaves office, it can get better or worse, and i highly doubt we are ready for a woman president.
Quinnmobile.
Jazz Hands
Quinnmobile.
July 22nd, 2007 at 11:51pm
Canadian government right now isn't the best, and isn't the worst.
But I mean, who's government is?
We are currently led by Conservative Stephen Harper as our Prime Minister.
What I like about him is that he is real and he has respect of many Canadians.
But, like all former Canadian Prime Ministers, he has flaws.
I mean, like all humans, he has flaws.
He may not be perfect, but at least he knows the difference between a good decision and a bad decision.
Lets just hope he keeps his head straight and doesn't go overboard like other country leaders that shall remain nameless.
But, I think we all know who I am talking about...
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
August 1st, 2007 at 07:27am
George Bush. I'm pretty sure everything I could say about him has already been said, so, yeah.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 1st, 2007 at 07:56pm
Gordon Brown , I Dont Get Politics Much But I Hate The Way Our Government Hardly Ever Gives The Public A Say In Things , Even Though Its Meant To Be For Our Good , But Gordon Brown Hasnt Been PM For Long , Who Knows Maybe He Will Be Different ..
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
August 2nd, 2007 at 06:50pm
George Bush- I really dont have an opinion of him as a person like a lot of people do. I disagree with many things he says and has done but on the other hand I dont think he's done suck a horrible job as many people think he has. He's actually improved the economy since Clinton practically left it in ruins. Im not for the war at all, however, and cant BELIEVE that someone could have such disrespect for gay rights.
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
August 2nd, 2007 at 06:50pm
ignore
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
August 2nd, 2007 at 07:16pm
Vault_713:
George Bush- I really dont have an opinion of him as a person like a lot of people do. I disagree with many things he says and has done but on the other hand I dont think he's done suck a horrible job as many people think he has. He's actually improved the economy since Clinton practically left it in ruins. Im not for the war at all, however, and cant BELIEVE that someone could have such disrespect for gay rights.

Clinton left the economy in ruins? When he left office, the U.S. had a surplus. We were beginning to work off our debt. George Bush has done nothing but destroy that in the last seven years.
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
August 2nd, 2007 at 09:45pm
Ruled By Secrecy.:
i highly doubt we are ready for a woman president.

What do you mean "not ready"?
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
August 3rd, 2007 at 01:29am
ayn_inverse:
Vault_713:

Clinton left the economy in ruins? When he left office, the U.S. had a surplus. We were beginning to work off our debt. George Bush has done nothing but destroy that in the last seven years.

u dont quite understand how it works. Yes, when Clinton was in office we were in a surplus but not for very long. Because of Clinton the economy rose dramatically but then dropped just as dramatically and Bush was left to pick up the pieces. Clinton had a great plan to boost the economy, but he had no plan at all to keep it up. No, the economy is not as good as it was at the "peak" of clintons time in office but at least its up and stable. Also, if you've have been watching the news lately u know that the stock exchange is higer than it has been in about 30 years.

Im not saying that I approve of Bush, Im just saying there ARE some things he's done right.
hmmm
Motor Baby
hmmm
August 3rd, 2007 at 06:25am
george bush
i suppose i don't support all of the decisions he's made, but that doesn't make me think he's a terrible president. everyone makes mistakes, including the president, and i don't think he deserves what people say about him.

i'm for him, though, i like his beliefs and morals. i admit, he may not be the best president the country has ever had... but he was elected.

i don't like when people say "oh i hate bush, he's a moron, he needs to die."
really, that's just rude. he worked hard to get where he is. i don't think people should critisize someone who has done something they haven't/can't.

even if you don't like him, or the choices he's made, that's really not a reason to /hate/ him. i had a friend who continually said that all republicans need to die [he's not my friend anymore XD]. i respect that he has his own opinions, but i don't appreciate him saying that republicans, my family and i, are morons who don't have a point in life, and are the reason that people suffer every day.

people need to get a little respect. *nod*
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
August 3rd, 2007 at 07:11am
Vault_713:
ayn_inverse:
Vault_713:

u dont quite understand how it works. Yes, when Clinton was in office we were in a surplus but not for very long. Because of Clinton the economy rose dramatically but then dropped just as dramatically and Bush was left to pick up the pieces. Clinton had a great plan to boost the economy, but he had no plan at all to keep it up. No, the economy is not as good as it was at the "peak" of clintons time in office but at least its up and stable. Also, if you've have been watching the news lately u know that the stock exchange is higer than it has been in about 30 years.

Im not saying that I approve of Bush, Im just saying there ARE some things he's done right.

I do understand how it works and I still disagree with you mostly because I disagree with wholeheartedly with the "trickle down system" of economics Bush has been using. Who's been benefiting from the tax cuts? Certainly not my family, since we've been paying more and more money year after year.

Plus there's the fact that when you start a war, you don't cut taxes. That certainly doesn't help matters.

Our debt is higher than it's ever been as is our budget deficit. The economy during Clinton's administration may have been just a part of a cycle, but it certainly wasn't as bad as the economy is now.

Stock exchange is NEVER a good indicator of how the economy is doing. My economics professor had a nice long lecture for us so that we wouldn't make the mistake using it as such.
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
August 3rd, 2007 at 07:13pm
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't blame Bush for our money troubles. It is the HOUSE that comes up with the yearly budget, NOT the president.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 3rd, 2007 at 08:25pm
kelseddie.:
george bush
i suppose i don't support all of the decisions he's made, but that doesn't make me think he's a terrible president. everyone makes mistakes, including the president, and i don't think he deserves what people say about him.

i'm for him, though, i like his beliefs and morals. i admit, he may not be the best president the country has ever had... but he was elected.

i don't like when people say "oh i hate bush, he's a moron, he needs to die."
really, that's just rude. he worked hard to get where he is. i don't think people should critisize someone who has done something they haven't/can't.

even if you don't like him, or the choices he's made, that's really not a reason to /hate/ him. i had a friend who continually said that all republicans need to die [he's not my friend anymore XD]. i respect that he has his own opinions, but i don't appreciate him saying that republicans, my family and i, are morons who don't have a point in life, and are the reason that people suffer every day.

people need to get a little respect. *nod*

and thats a short list

http://www.iratecitizens.org/Dumbya/102Reasons.html

Yeh, hes not that bad...
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
August 3rd, 2007 at 08:33pm
ayn_inverse:

I do understand how it works and I still disagree with you mostly because I disagree with wholeheartedly with the "trickle down system" of economics Bush has been using. Who's been benefiting from the tax cuts? Certainly not my family, since we've been paying more and more money year after year.

Plus there's the fact that when you start a war, you don't cut taxes. That certainly doesn't help matters.

Our debt is higher than it's ever been as is our budget deficit. The economy during Clinton's administration may have been just a part of a cycle, but it certainly wasn't as bad as the economy is now.

Stock exchange is NEVER a good indicator of how the economy is doing. My economics professor had a nice long lecture for us so that we wouldn't make the mistake using it as such.

Rolling Eyes Ah, of course because everyone knows a college professor is the first person u should rely on to give u an unbiased analysis of our current administrations economy.... give me a break.

MrRandomGuy:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't blame Bush for our money troubles. It is the HOUSE that comes up with the yearly budget, NOT the president.

very true. While the president may create a proposed plan, it is the house that decides wether his plan is applicable or not. The President can't be blamed for every flaw in our government. Thats the beauty of a democracy.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
August 3rd, 2007 at 08:36pm
my country is in the middle of a huge crisis. we have no fuel. wich basicly means the economy is coming to a stop. right now i don't know if i can go to school on monday or not.

and yeah, fuck your stupid shallow comment Ruled By Secrecy.. You say that "america's government is the worst." i'd love to see you survive two weeks in south africa. according to your dad "the insurance such as health care is insane and ridiculous", right? hehe. every day thousands of women get raped, every minute more than one person die of aids... most people here don't even know what health care is.

i'm not trying to say my country is worse than yours - but don't come on here and make stupid comments and just complain cause your dad believes the president sucks. okay?

"
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
August 3rd, 2007 at 11:28pm
[quote="Vault_713"]
ayn_inverse:

Quote: Rolling Eyes Ah, of course because everyone knows a college professor is the first person u should rely on to give u an unbiased analysis of our current administrations economy.... give me a break.

I never said I didn't think it was biased. I know that when I get information from a professor, specifically an economics professor, I have to take in account some bit of bias. Then again, when it comes to an issue of stock market as an indicator for how well the economy is doing, I hardly think that there's any bias to be found. It's simply "Can I use this to figure our if we're doing well or not?" The answer is no. There's no need to attack me for it. Grow up.

Furthermore, I realize that the situation our economy is in isn't entirely Bush's fault and I'm not blaming only him, just as I wasn't praising Clinton as if the surplus that we had was solely because of what he accomplished. I realize that there is more to it than that and I still don't like where our economy is at right now.
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
August 4th, 2007 at 05:21pm
[quote="ayn_inverse"]
Vault_713:
ayn_inverse:

Quote: Rolling Eyes Ah, of course because everyone knows a college professor is the first person u should rely on to give u an unbiased analysis of our current administrations economy.... give me a break.

I never said I didn't think it was biased. I know that when I get information from a professor, specifically an economics professor, I have to take in account some bit of bias. Then again, when it comes to an issue of stock market as an indicator for how well the economy is doing, I hardly think that there's any bias to be found. It's simply "Can I use this to figure our if we're doing well or not?" The answer is no. There's no need to attack me for it. Grow up.

Furthermore, I realize that the situation our economy is in isn't entirely Bush's fault and I'm not blaming only him, just as I wasn't praising Clinton as if the surplus that we had was solely because of what he accomplished. I realize that there is more to it than that and I still don't like where our economy is at right now.

well I guess we will have to agree to dissagree. I wasnt saying that the stock market is a direct reflection of the country's economy but u cant deny that if the economy was low, the stock market most certainly wouldnt be up. Its just common sense.
Casimir Pulaski Day
Shotgun Sinner
Casimir Pulaski Day
August 5th, 2007 at 08:36am
MrRandomGuy:

Not everybody has a high paying job. A MAJORITY of people are not highly paid. When you give tax cuts to the rich, it only aids in bleeding the middle class and lower middle class dry. It's not fair. Also, many things such as insurance, food and gas prices have risen dramatically since Bush started his war. That also helps to pull money out of the average person's life. Bush is definitely to blame. Such basic things cost so, so much.
Sock Cucker.
Shotgun Sinner
Sock Cucker.
August 5th, 2007 at 11:21am
Well I live in Australia so our Prime Minister is John Howard. I keep up with the news on a regular basis and from most of the aspects I see, little Howard is just Geroge Bush's lapdog. We do everything America does, in some way good, in some bad.
Although recently a procedure was announced that all of the towns shires now dissolve into one. This means the ending of thousands of jobs, but more money saved for help with the droughts and farmers that need a hand.
He is a good dude who handles things as they come, but I think that sometimes his eyebrows get in the way of the true picture.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
August 8th, 2007 at 09:42pm
God bless whoever started the Bush thread. Now you guys can go complain bout him there