Don't have an account? Create one!

Death and Afterlife

AuthorMessage
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 16th, 2008 at 11:55pm
im really confused.
im a christian, and i believe in god and jesus and heaven. but i doubt it a lot. its normal to doubt it, i know that. but i worry about it a lot. i believe there is no hell. well, there is, but not the sort of hell most people seem to think of. eg. fire and demons with pitchforks. but i believe hell is eternal life without god. its eternal life spent in your unhappiest moments. i believe heaven is with the angels and god and everything.
but yeah, it does bother me sometimes. and really gets me thinking. but thats what i believe Smile
dark desire.
Salute You in Your Grave
dark desire.
February 17th, 2008 at 09:58pm
Death is an interesting topic as of late.....

Well, I realized last night that it might be nice to die, not that I want to. I don't fear death at all because I am a christian and I believe I am going to heaven. I love to think of Hell as a Dante-esque inferno, with each punishment specific to the sin. The only thing that frightens me about death is the concept of rotting away or being cremated, but I know that I really won't care once I'm dead.
superhumangorilla
Jazz Hands
superhumangorilla
February 18th, 2008 at 07:34am
My parents are Christian, so I go to church and all that, but I'm not sure what I believe... I'm the kind of person who needs physical proof...

The thing that scares me is that if there is no heaven, what is there?
Is death just like sleeping forever? Or is there something else beyond this life?
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 18th, 2008 at 08:02am
superhumangorilla:
My parents are Christian, so I go to church and all that, but I'm not sure what I believe... I'm the kind of person who needs physical proof...

The thing that scares me is that if there is no heaven, what is there?
Is death just like sleeping forever? Or is there something else beyond this life?

yeah. thats what scares me to. it freaks me out and makes me worry. *sigh* we'll have to wait and find out...
superhumangorilla
Jazz Hands
superhumangorilla
February 18th, 2008 at 08:36am
^^I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

I suppose, when it happens, we'll be ready for it.
And everyone else has to go through it, so at least we're not alone. Smile
amy crackhouse.
Killjoy
amy crackhouse.
February 18th, 2008 at 02:35pm
I don't belive in afterlife.
I just belive this is as good as it gets and when you are dead, you are just dead.
You are nothing else, but a rotten corpse in the ground.
Modern Zero.
Bleeding on the Floor
Modern Zero.
February 18th, 2008 at 08:52pm
The word "death" scares me sometimes.

I'm a christian and all but sometimes I can doubt what life is really like after death because no one knows what's going to happen when you die until you do. There probably will be no proof as to what exactly happens when you die. just the Bible, theories, and you're opinion and what you youself believe what's going to happen when you die.

I believe in afterlife. I believe in heaven and hell and all of that but sometimes when i learn about different religions and beliefs i do get worried and confused because there are so many theories. Sometimes I kinda wonder about reincarnation and how when you die you are born again as someone or something different and you have no idea that you were someone else before you were born. And then sometimes i worry about when i die that nothing will happen and I'll just be dead and everything will be pitch black.

But whatever does happen after death i believe that you will have an afterlife either in hell or in heaven. Maybe even on Earth again depending on what you believe in because i can't seem to think that when you die there is nothing else to do. Kinda like sleeping forever underground. Who knows. Maybe heaven or hell is just an enternal sleep. A dream that lasts forever. but i don't know.

No one will know until their gone but i still believe that people go to heaven or hell in some form or another.
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
February 19th, 2008 at 05:29pm
Well Im a christian, so I believe im going to heaven when I die. But im starting 2 doubt some of the things I believe..ya kno?
sir_pleb
Jazz Hands
sir_pleb
February 19th, 2008 at 07:14pm
I'm not scared of death. I'm scared of dying. I like to believe that I won't die, using the sort of theory that every decisions creates a parallel universe, I like to think that each time I "die" there will be two universes, one where I'm still alive, the other where I'm dead. Of course that is absolute twaddle, I'm just being optimistic.
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mer von d
February 19th, 2008 at 07:20pm
since about the age of six i've been scared of death. like what happens afterwards. all i know is that in chemistry we were taught that energy can not be created or destroyed, only changed into a different form. i like to think that when i die i'll be reincarnated. is that an afterlife, since you don't remember it?
i don't know. but at least it's something to believe in.
a line in a song.
Salute You in Your Grave
a line in a song.
February 22nd, 2008 at 08:46pm
Death is a fear of mine, yes.
Mainly because if I die young, there would be alot of things I'll be missing out on after I die.
I'm not really religious but after I die, I believe that my soul will go to Heaven and spend eternal ghostyness in paradise.
No one has lived to tell the story of how death was or what happened after your heart stops beating but Heaven is what i'm hoping for when I've finished my life.
Blackroses_MCR27
Killjoy
Blackroses_MCR27
February 24th, 2008 at 12:39am
Death isnt something to fear everyone knows it has to happen to keep the natural order of things. People who are brought back arent always the same person they were when they died. Sometimes its for the best and sometimes its not.... Death comes in many forms but the most common is Emotionally. Emotionally dead is a form of not feeling anything but sadness and regert and anger and anything but happiness or love. When does it happen no one can tell only time and the tempress of fate do and when they come together they dance and when the music ends your life goes with it... So death is something to accept and move on.... Well really I have had so much loss it isnt funny but Im not the only one in this world..
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
February 26th, 2008 at 04:24pm
I am not realy scared of death. I wonder how it would feel though, i wander if it would hurt at all. Would you know that you are about to die?

i keep changing my mind about what happens when you die. I think the spirit live on in some sort of form.
rick rape.
Banned
rick rape.
March 6th, 2008 at 04:17pm
You know, I'm really glad that there is a board about this because maybe alot of people have the same thoughts as me. I find it very weird that when we die, well as Christians, we end our lives here on Earth but live our life for eternity in Heaven. But in a nut shell, I think the only way we will know what will really happen when we die is dying first. That's the only way we can truly find out what happens to our body, thoughts, and actions. On a positive note, even though I have a great fear of death, I can't wait to die because I can't wait to meet A7X, MCR, and Johnny Depp. That's about the only thing I'm looking foward to next to being in a place where there is no war, hatred, or judgement. After saying all this, does anyone else have almost the same beliefs as me?
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
March 7th, 2008 at 06:15am
i have an incredible fear of death even though i believe that there is an afterlife etc, but it's more the fear of not existing that scares me more, not being able to hug and talk with the people i love, the pain that i know my children are going to go through when they lose me, the horrible thought that my husband who i believe is my soulmate and i being separated if only one of us goes on to reincarnation...i just fear the whole thing...it's awful
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
March 7th, 2008 at 09:25pm
i'm not really afraid of death, i'm afraid of dying before i'm ready to. not sure i'll ever be ready really, but yeah. i think that people fear being forgotten more then anything.

i do believe in the afterlife, but i dont know where i'll end up when i die, and that scares me a little, i dont want to wander as a lost spirit, but i would like to connect to my family after i die
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
March 8th, 2008 at 08:52pm
death can scare me and then it cant
cause you always think about it for a second and say "oh yeah im gonna die when im like really old."
but then you say to yourself "wait i could die any moment of my life"
so its pretty interesting. because you never know when death can strike
you. in some cases you can avoid it and others you just cant
i believe in heaven in hell. because i dont believe that one can have
an after life. think about it to yourself
if your dead,meaning if you died on earth. why would you be brought back to earth in your after life? when your already dead

Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 9th, 2008 at 09:02am
There's this interesting part from a Terry Pratchett bok 'Reaper Man' which i really wanna share w u guys. An old lady who has a conversation with Death says (not exact quote) "It's not fair, is it? If people knew when they were going to die, they would lead better lives." Death replies "If people knew when they were going to die, they would not live at all."

just found it so meaningful.
StarGirl.
Jazz Hands
StarGirl.
March 9th, 2008 at 12:57pm
I used to see heaven as like, a cloud city. But tahts changed, and I just see it as plain, and a little boring. Death has never really scared me. When my uncle died, I cried, out of shock mainly. I was glad he wasn't suffering, and he had gone somewhere.
And even if there isn't heaven, still doesn't worry me, as I'll be dead, too dead to care!!

I don't believe in hell, though. Like a firey furnace to torure evil souls. I believe God forgives us all, if we truly want it. Those who don't well, I suppose they're here, just we can't see them/feel them. Ghosts maybe? I have no idea.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
March 9th, 2008 at 01:10pm
^ well i dont believe hell is a torture firey place either. i believe hell comes from your own mind. for example, if you're one of those ppl who are deathly afraid of clowns, and i mean really afraid of them, not just saying you are, then your hell would have to do with that some how. something like that

and i believe heaven works the same way, whatever your paradise is in your mind, becomes you heaven when you die.if you've ever seen the movie What Dreams May Come with Robin Willams then you'll know what i'm talking about