Don't have an account? Create one!

Death and Afterlife

AuthorMessage
StarGirl.
Jazz Hands
StarGirl.
March 9th, 2008 at 05:37pm
GhostGirl191:
^ well i dont believe hell is a torture firey place either. i believe hell comes from your own mind. for example, if you're one of those ppl who are deathly afraid of clowns, and i mean really afraid of them, not just saying you are, then your hell would have to do with that some how. something like that

and i believe heaven works the same way, whatever your paradise is in your mind, becomes you heaven when you die.if you've ever seen the movie What Dreams May Come with Robin Willams then you'll know what i'm talking about

^ Thats a really good idea,a nd I agree with that. I don't think its under the earth, tho. Or the catholic belief of the 7 (?) hells. If God is all-loving why would he create such misery? But I don't know what I'm deathly afraid of. huh.

What happend in that film? can anyone tell me? All I want in heaven is a chance to meet my Grandads, and my uncle again. Thats all I want, to be with those I love. I suppose that is paradise for me. At least they're somthing.
Bert McCookie.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bert McCookie.
March 11th, 2008 at 05:53pm
I don't believe in an afterlife.
Just like Earth isn't perfect, if heaven existed, it won't be perfect either.

If I died right now, I would still be the same old former drug addict teenager who has a problem with self harm. and would still suffer in "heaven".
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
March 11th, 2008 at 05:58pm
I'm not sure what my thoughts are on this topic, as they always change.
However, for "afterlife," or maybe it is just another kind of being, I don't know, I sometimes feel the presence of something or someone. if that makes sense.

I wonder if the presences I feel are the "afterlife" in one stage.
Like souls, in one stage of the afterlife.
Bert McCookie.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bert McCookie.
March 11th, 2008 at 08:27pm
Mikey Way.:
I'm not sure what my thoughts are on this topic, as they always change.
However, for "afterlife," or maybe it is just another kind of being, I don't know, I sometimes feel the presence of something or someone. if that makes sense.

I wonder if the presences I feel are the "afterlife" in one stage.
Like souls, in one stage of the afterlife.

I've been trying to figure this out since I was about 6.
I'm still not sure if the spirits roaming around will go anywhere afterwards, but I have a theory.

Everyone has some kind of spirit/ soul like thing that's visible to some people like me. Its hard to see, but at times, its visible.
Ghosts have this too. but it feels like their soul is faded out and small.
so my theory is, once this spirit/soul thing fades away, you're gone forever.
You don't go anywhere. You just dissappear after your soul is gone.
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
March 12th, 2008 at 08:35am
Bert McCookie.:
Mikey Way.:

You just dissappear after your soul is gone.

I totally understand what you mean by the rest of what you said, so I won't quote everything.
But I like the idea, that you always exsist.
I prefer it to be honest, over an idea of "dissappear". So maybe if your soul does "dissappear" you don't go too. Because you had a body, and wether it's buried, or cremated, something of you still exsists somewhere, you know what I mean?

I like the idea of the afterlife, because it makes the idea of death less scary.
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
March 13th, 2008 at 06:10pm
I think the afterlife does exist. I know ghosts exist. I've seen them, my friends pub is completely full of them. so if the ghost is the spirit of a dead person, and that person is dead, what the hell is their ghost doing? If the person is supposedly dead and gone, buried or cremated forever, there's no way in hell they should be able to still be there. On Earth.

Soyeah. You have to come back somehow...

But really, it's just what actually happens after you die that scares me. Like, what do you see? How do you BECOME a ghost? Are all your dead friends and relatives in Heaven? Does it even exist? Does Hell exist?

I just sit and worry about these questions for hours. >.<
Spirited Away
Joining The Black Parade
Spirited Away
March 13th, 2008 at 08:39pm
i am not scared of death. i think of it this way, everyone is gonna die some day so u wont be alone. the only thing that scares me is the life before i die. the things i do before i die, the choices i make, etc. i also wonder what will happen after i die. i'm not sure about reincarnation and spirits. i do belive in heaven. i just dont want to disappear into nothingness unable to do anything.
Coin.Operated.Toy
Killjoy
Coin.Operated.Toy
March 14th, 2008 at 09:45am
uhm..i already lost my fear of dying, you know. when i met My Chem, my comprehension about death changed . as long as i've done all the things that i have to do, okay, i can die. but i wanna die, the natural way. uhmmthe one where you were just like sleeping. ..

i guess, after death, i would go to HEAVEN!! i hope so.
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
March 15th, 2008 at 08:28am
loverdose.:
if the ghost is the spirit of a dead person, and that person is dead, what the hell is their ghost doing?

I totally think that point is worth making. A lot of people assume, ghosts are basically dead people that came back to earth. But when you think about it, it doesn't really make sense.
obsolete
Killjoy
obsolete
March 15th, 2008 at 01:31pm
I think that in order for the "circle of life" to take place then everything will need to rot along with the body.But if there was a life after death i would concider that a form of limbo because you wouldnt be resting but trying to find peace or a place to be. All in all i dont think there is one when you die you die.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
March 15th, 2008 at 10:11pm
I don't think there is such a thing as the afterlife, and I don't believe in heaven or hell, or god or satan for that matter.
I believe that we are on this earth for our lifespan, and that's it. I can see how some people might feel there is an afterlife, but the concept of someone's spirit roaming the earth does not make complete sense to me. And I don't really care either.
We grow old and die, and then our cadaver rots in the earth, or we are cremated if it is our preference. If everyone came back as a ghost, then why aren't there more ghosts around? I've never seen one, and no one I personally know has ever seen one either.

In my mind, the afterlife is just a man-made concept / theory in order to make death seem less scary for people.
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 24th, 2008 at 06:54pm
I used to be freaked out by death. Going to funerals never really helped much either. I would always worry about whether my dead body would be scared to be buried six feet under and whether it would be comfortable enough in its coffin. Then I grew up and realized that my dead body would be dead, I'm pretty sure it won't mind if it was stuck in the ground. But seriously now, I don't worry about death anymore. Somewhere I had read, and if this is your quote you can say so, "besides the one catch of death in the contract, your life is completely unplanned..." or something like that, I'm not sure. I like to think, well know, that once I take my last breath, I'm going to float up to heaven where God is, and then I get to live in a huge golden mansion and eat strawberry cheesecake every day. I see death as a new adventure, not something to cry over.
heartbreak james
Killjoy
heartbreak james
March 24th, 2008 at 07:26pm
i'm not freaked out by death but when i think of death i think of when your in a room thats dead dark and you cant actually see because its THAT dark. thats what i think deaths like.
but i think some people who havent done things that they wanted to achieve in life can have an afterlife and achieve it in the next human being they are.
i dont know weather thats just me thinking that though
Noxmorexlies
Jazz Hands
Noxmorexlies
March 24th, 2008 at 07:54pm
I'm not freaked out about death itself, I worry about how everyone is going to take that I die. I hope that they won't be sad for too long and be able to move on with their lives in the best way possible. I'd like to do various of things before I die so I hope that I can do alot of those things before the ending of my life.

To me death is the end that's it I don't believe in afterlife, heaven or hell at all. I don't fear death, It doesn't seem scary because nothing comes after it.
miss mcr
Jazz Hands
miss mcr
March 24th, 2008 at 07:55pm
I am not as much afraid of death as I am of dying without impacting someone somehow.

I would hate to die, and have no one remember my name.

I absolutly do not believe in heaven and hell. I hate the idea of when you die u either go to the "good place" or "the bad place"

I like what Gerard said about going where you w ant to go when u die.

Death is not something you should be afraid of.
not something you should look foward to.

just, i think that we should leave it be, and just now that e verything will be okay when you die, and you shouldn't waste the time you have living worrying about it.

okay, im babbling.

xxoo
Emily
miss mcr
Jazz Hands
miss mcr
March 24th, 2008 at 07:59pm
StarlessEyes117:
i am not scared of death. i think of it this way, everyone is gonna die some day so u wont be alone. the only thing that scares me is the life before i die. the things i do before i die, the choices i make, etc. i also wonder what will happen after i die. i'm not sure about reincarnation and spirits. i do belive in heaven. i just dont want to disappear into nothingness unable to do anything.

holy crap. well said!! Clap Very Happy Mr. Green Vampire Vampire Vampire Smiley
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 12th, 2008 at 02:27am

im surprised noones gotten all freaky and conceptual yet

questions to throw out there

what if were all already dead and this is the afterlife ?
what if life itself is a giant scratched record and were just replaying it over and over again ?

well i personally think that there is no end seeing as
you cant have consciousness (Self awareness ) and just stop in my oppinion

Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 12th, 2008 at 02:30am
Migatron.:

what if were all already dead and this is the afterlife ?
what if life itself is a giant scratched record and were just replaying it over and over again ?

Woah dude. Way to do my head in
lmfao

But that is something to think about I guess...
mcr_mom
Killjoy
mcr_mom
May 18th, 2008 at 11:14pm
At this point in time, I'm afraid to die only because from a spiritual sense, I'm not where I want to be. I have some things to work on. I know there's an afterlife. I'm mostly afraid of how I'll die. I don't want to drown, be stabbed, or burned. I want it to be quick and painless.
mcr_mom
Killjoy
mcr_mom
May 18th, 2008 at 11:20pm
The Soul is eternal! We'll carry on. The human mind can not wrap itself around the idea of eternity. I think it's supposed to be that way. I know that He has a Plan. Life is a probationary period, or preparation for Eternity.