Don't have an account? Create one!

Dreaming and Daydreaming

AuthorMessage
a line in a song.
Salute You in Your Grave
a line in a song.
July 27th, 2007 at 04:05am
I personally think it's just your imagination kicking into full gear when you close your eyes and doze off. It's like daydreaming, endless possibilities.
ennui.
Awake and Unafraid
ennui.
November 10th, 2007 at 01:07pm
I agree with the first post on this thread that dreams are sometimes signs.
I've had multiple dreams, that have come true in a sense, like I dreamt them the night before.
For example, I remember I had this dream about this guy in my class and in it, he was telling me about how much he loved this girl. I then went to school on Monday and found out he had a girlfriend. And this was a big deal for him because he doesn't 'date' people.
Another dream I had was that my uncle died of a heart attack and no-one told me until a couple of days later. I woke up the next morning and in the headlines of the news, it said that Steve Irwin had died.
Victim Of Love
Killjoy
Victim Of Love
November 10th, 2007 at 04:27pm
I do believe dreams are signs or predictions, at least mine are

I have often had dreams of events that actually came true short time after. sometimes it was just a girl from the class saying a certain thing...

once on a web forum I was the 'local medium' where I allowed people to ask me concrete questions about their near future, most came back and told me I had been right.... a few though, said it never came true

I got sick of it though, and quit
TakeMyFuckingHand101
Fabulous Killjoy
TakeMyFuckingHand101
November 13th, 2007 at 12:08pm
Perhaps dreams are real life and real life is a dream....if so i've met MCR like 15 times.
Oh yeah and I accidently killed Pete wentz with his own bass.
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 20th, 2007 at 01:04am
I think dreams can be a way for you mind to sort things out, like in the crazy jumbled dreams that make no sense. Or that they can be things that you've been thinking about and worrying about and there are dreams that can sometimes even teach you a lesson. Other dreams, like Victim Of Love said, I think they can be predictions, I've had dreams that have come true, and quite frankly kinda scared the jebus out of me. But then, I don't know if this has only happened to me or not, but okay, me and two friends of mine were supposed to go to an MCR concert on March 1st, but our parents bailed on us, didn't buy the tickets and wouldn't let any of us go. Well me and one of those friends had a dream that night about THE SAME EXACT THING... and it was so weird. It was like an MCR concert, only for seating it was these big red bleacher things that we have in the gym at our school, anyways to cut the story short, we both went to school the next day ((which was March 1st)) and were talking to two different friends about it in the morning, neither of us had seen or spoken to each other yet okay, and then we all sat down in home room that morning and we were talking about the dream and told each other about it, and it was THE SAME DREAM, everything in it happened to both of us, and when we got lost in the dream and couldn't find each other we had different parts of the dream explaining where we went, me to get a water, my friend to buy a MCR shirt. It was extremely weird. But ya.... I think that some dreams can have deeper meanings then anyone knows, because both of us were the two that were extremely bummed about not going. I dunno, just really weird.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 20th, 2007 at 03:06am
I think both. Sometimes your dreams mean something. Sometimes they don't. I'm pretty sure, though, that somewhere it has been scientifically proven that if you dream about falling, you're nervous about something, etc.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
November 20th, 2007 at 06:55pm
i think dreams are an alternate reality i mean, our mind thinks and does things we arent even conciously aware of. dreams are usually made up of wants and needs and fears and memories. i always analyze my dreams as to why they happened because it gives me a greater understanding of it. we dream abotu meeting MCR becaus we want to meet them. we want these things. or if you have met them..its a memory. a memory we desperately wan t to relive..but then theres the fear ones of what we fear most. whether its dying or losing everyone. i had a dream once where my father died and i tried everything i could to bring me back and it made me realise how much he really means to me. i dream about the used alot because they've been a huge influence on my life. and it makes me happy....
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
November 24th, 2007 at 08:43am
Well, perhaps in small doses, your dreams are trying to tell you what your subconscious already knows, but other times, it's probably just a meaningless, jumbled mess that doesn't mean much of anything when you dream. I guess it's a 50/50 chance that your dream will mean something or not, really.

Or else I really, really want to play cards with Gerard Way and Pete Wentz outside of a crowded London mall, while trying to hide the fact that I'm missing an eye by covering it with my hair while Gerard laughs at the empty socket.

I mean, come on, if my subconscious was trying to pair me up with guys I think are hot, Andy Hurley, Alan Rickman, and Johnny Depp would have been there instead, and Bob Bryar would have been the dealer, or something.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 24th, 2007 at 09:20pm
^ yeah i kinda agree with that and i kinda dont, because i usually dream what happens, and then i dream stuff i already know, and there are many symbols in our dreams, for example, i had a dream that i saw severl large spiders, i looked up spiders (the size didnt matter) and it meant family quarrels (fights) the next day we went to the beach and one of my brother's called nathan (my ohter brother) they got into a huge figh and quit talking for a week. so there are more to our dreams than we think
Video Kid
Shotgun Sinner
Video Kid
November 25th, 2007 at 05:46am
Daydreams: Usually it's just what I would LIKE to happen, but probably never will. A little something to amuse myself.

Dreams: I'm SUPER fascinated with the whole 'past lives' thing, so I think that if you have a reoccurring dreams, it may be part of a past life. I keep having this one where I'm pregnant, but I don't want children, so I might have been a very maternal person in a past life.
pandasrsoemoXX169
Killjoy
pandasrsoemoXX169
November 26th, 2007 at 03:50am
i don't understand y my dreams are on and off. dreams are quite amazing things aren't they. i had a dream about me being killed by plants. okay so i was chased by maneating roses and venus fly traps and my friend gave me fake plant killer and a maneating rose crunched my head off. then i go to heven and see my friend there and i choke him.(though he doesn't die:!)then we laugh?!
UglyAsSin
Jazz Hands
UglyAsSin
November 29th, 2007 at 12:38am
Dreams are a strange phenomenom, i think a bit of what everyone has said is true, some can be wish fulfillment as mentioned above and some i think can be just random firings of brain cells, this is most likely to explain the nonsensical dreams. Bit what about the ones that make perfect sense? well i had a dream likle this where a man was trying to attack/kidnap me, it was quite terrifying really, have never dreamt a dream like this that could actually happen in real life, but afterwards i wrote it down and thought about it, and there were links to conversations i had had during the day, worries etc that probably just got woven together into something that could be comprehended by the brain to release those thoughts. Sometimes people say we dream in order to forhet, this could also be true, if something is really worrying someone dreaming allows the release of the thought, it's an easier way to deal with it. Ultimately though i don't think there will be one single explanation.
gemstonefromabove
Killjoy
gemstonefromabove
November 29th, 2007 at 11:36am
i think day dreams are just a loss of concentration so your brain switches to something more interesting.

dreams now their a whole different subject. i feel they ar sub concious thoughts or things that you have kept at the back of your mind coming to the surface when your defences are down.

sometimes they mean something, sometimes they dont. but its hard to figure oiut which ones are desire and which are just random thats for sure.

Very Happy
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 8th, 2007 at 04:07am
i think daydreams are thoughts we have burried way in the back of our mind and once we lose focus, those thoughts come to the surface.

dreams however, are different, i believe there are hidden mesages, codes that need to be cracked, i predicted my grandma's death in my dreams. i predicted friendships ending, a storm the next day, just random stuff.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
December 9th, 2007 at 04:07pm
to me living is holding back , dreaming is letting go
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 9th, 2007 at 08:52pm
^ dude, thats deep.
Colorado Sunrise.
Salute You in Your Grave
Colorado Sunrise.
December 12th, 2007 at 08:19pm
I did a project on the brain and i learned that 3/4 of your dream had to do with what u learned the previous day. 1/4 has to do with your imagination and your future.
My bff had a dream that she met Wentworth Miller and he hugged her and she met him at the set of Prison Break. The previous day, i told her what she'd do if she met Wentworth. So it can make a lot of sence.
by the way, we have at least five dreams every night if you sleep for a good 7-9 hrs.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 12th, 2007 at 08:30pm
^ yes we do have 5 dreams a night, sometimes seven. b ut i think its deeper than parts of the brain. becasue just the other night i had a dream that i was jumping on my friends trampoline, and i stayed the night and was late for school the next day and 2 or three days later, thats where i was, and i stayed over, and was late for school. but me staying over was a spur of the moment thing and i was wearing the exact same clothes from the dream, also spur of the moment, it was one of the few clean outfits i had left
Music to my ears
Fabulous Killjoy
Music to my ears
December 16th, 2007 at 06:54am
I think that it is very important to understand our dreams and know what they are trying to tell us. I believe that our dreams have metaphors or messages to them even if they are really crazy theres always some reason why or why not something happened. Dreaming for me is also very handy, when I dream i sometimes dream about saying something to someone that I have always wanted to and in the dream I can see how the person would possibly react. I know its all happening in my head and I can't be sure that it would work in the real world but I still do it.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
December 19th, 2007 at 04:03am
Reflection of the subconscious Smile

No really, i speak from personal experience. I don't particularly belive in prophecies or clairvoyance but i do occasionally wonder if it's a way for (please bear with me) spiritual communication. I was visited by a lady who resembled by great grandma once. she was trying to tell me something but i woke up too soon, & besides i couldnt understand her (she speaks Hakka, a chinese dialect which i'm not familiar with).

mostly, though, a lot of my dreams tell me what i've been thinking or worrying about.