Don't have an account? Create one!

Dreaming and Daydreaming

AuthorMessage
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
January 4th, 2009 at 10:06am
Everyone dreams about 8 times a night, even if you do not remember it. The things you dream at night are always about things or people you've already seen in real life,things or people you've imagined seeing -or things or people you think about a lot when you're awake.
The things you dream aren't very important and don't mean anything unless it's about something or someone you've never seen or imagined seeing.
After a dream your brain delets it and unless you wake up, you dream a new one- I just thought I'd say this..
SindySellick
Killjoy
SindySellick
January 10th, 2009 at 04:41pm
tear:
Everyone dreams about 8 times a night, even if you do not remember it. The things you dream at night are always about things or people you've already seen in real life,things or people you've imagined seeing -or things or people you think about a lot when you're awake.
The things you dream aren't very important and don't mean anything unless it's about something or someone you've never seen or imagined seeing.
After a dream your brain delets it and unless you wake up, you dream a new one- I just thought I'd say this..

totally agreed, but i like to believe that sometimes dreams actually mean something. i got given a book titled "a-z of dream interpretation".
i don't remember any of my dreams normally, even though it is normal to remember the last one you have before you wake up.. but, when i do remember them i like to read up and see what it could mean.
sometimes its weird when small things can be related to something completely different, and it reveals a lot about you.
spiderpig-
Really Not Okay
spiderpig-
January 14th, 2009 at 09:45am
yeahh, i hate that part where when we wake up and forget our dreams . good dreams, to be precise . and the horrible ones are stuck in my head .

but, i wonder why do we really dream ? is it because of deep sleep of what ? i need a short explanation .. long ones make me feel awkward D:
Lonerinlove
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lonerinlove
January 17th, 2009 at 07:19pm
A few months ago i had sme very disturbing dreams like i killed myself, my mum had cancer and i was pregnant with my brothers baby. I was sooooooo freaked out by them and scared (i cried about them). I also felt very lost, alone and unhappy with my life at the time.

Now i have found someone i truly love, I always dream about her (not in a dirty way). I love it, I hate waking up in the morning because my dreams. But it means i get to see her that day. Im also very happy with my life atm.

so i think that your state of mind really effects your dreams, As for day dreams i just let my imagination run wild, they make me happy.
VeexVenom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
VeexVenom
January 19th, 2009 at 03:33pm
Sometimes I go through time periods in my life where every single night I have a new nightmare. Those are the times when I try to sleep as little as possible. But aside from horrible dreams, I'd like to think that some dreams so have meaning behind them. I get deja vu pretty often, and I can usually pinpoint the dream that it came from.
sweetpea3674
Motor Baby
sweetpea3674
January 19th, 2009 at 09:35pm
I think that your dreams can be a mix of both. Some might be extremely powerful metaphors for your life/future and others might just be your brain running wild. I don't know about daydreams....I basically just let my mind wander when I'm spaced out during a dull class. Mostly it's about my boyfriend. I don't get to see him all that often. he lives a hour away, but we make it work. ♥
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
January 20th, 2009 at 06:45am
I think we know more about the stars then we know about our sub-conscious mind, I reckon thats how mysterious our minds are.

I have dreams of people I don't know, just random faces as if I made them up. I had a dream where I was walking around shopping and remembering the faces of the people around me in that dream, but in real life I've never seen those people before. Why does the mind create such strange things?

Okay now I'm worried I'm not making sense here, but hey thats what I think.
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
January 24th, 2009 at 02:08am
PAIGE .:
yeahh, i hate that part where when we wake up and forget our dreams . good dreams, to be precise . and the horrible ones are stuck in my head .

but, i wonder why do we really dream ? is it because of deep sleep of what ? i need a short explanation .. long ones make me feel awkward D:

We sleep to dream. You dream all the excessive trash that your mind doesn't need and (like I said before) your mind delets it.. so that you're head is free in the morning (or whenever else).
/hope that was short enough Smile
joy luck
Killjoy
joy luck
January 24th, 2009 at 09:08pm
day dreaming is kinda cool because it feels like it takes you away from the outside world and into your own but just dreaming you know your gonna see something Shocked
joy luck
Killjoy
joy luck
January 24th, 2009 at 09:09pm
WILL WE EVER KNOW
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
January 24th, 2009 at 09:31pm
i'm not always sure that dreams mean something, or that they can help you see what may be comming for you in the future, but i do think that they do hold deeper meaning in certain immages. if you annalyze a dream you have, you can find deeper meaning in random things/people that you may have seen. this can really help you figure out and digest things that may be bothering you. it helps them pass easyer if you find a meaning to them.
thats where i think the "meaning of dreams" comes in. they are meant to have extreme symbolism to help you figure out problems in your own life. and if you take advantage of it, it can help you out in the long run.
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
January 24th, 2009 at 09:33pm
PAIGE .:

my science teacher gave us the theorie that we dream to keep our selves asleep. our brain needs sleep to maintain a working body, so it produces images to keep your mind interested so you'll stay asleep as long as your body needs it. as long as it's not disturbed, you'll continue to dream until your body is rested enough, and that's when you wake up.
Fall To Peices.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fall To Peices.
January 24th, 2009 at 09:44pm
I think that dreams have more of a meaning the daydreaming. Daydreaming is just your imagation running wild, but dreaming is much different. I think that dreams are like a gateway to the future, I know that it sounds silly but I really feel that way.
p a n d a_xx
Salute You in Your Grave
p a n d a_xx
February 3rd, 2009 at 08:03pm
I know I dream everynight but the only thing I seem to remember vividly is the color blue: A blue sky, someone with blue eyes, the ocean (...etc) and sometimes the color pink. I don't know why but the color blue just seems to stick even if I cant remember what exactly my dream was about. I find it cool yet weird at the same time.

Then in my dreams I'm either in my body but look entirely different. I'm way skinnier, don't have glasses, my eye color is different but I'm still me...only prettier. But other times I'm someone else completely or not even in the dream, just watching it. It's so weird for me to be dreaming my dream but not being in it and interacting with people.

And some more reaaaaaallly weird things go on but yeah 8D
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
February 4th, 2009 at 01:17pm
dreams are usually influenced about what happened that day and/or recently, also things as stated above are things that you've been worrying about or thinking about alot. Also desires come out in dreams and fears.

Our dreams are the most pure truthful of all our thoughts.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
February 19th, 2009 at 05:54pm
Dreams really show you your priorities up close by showing you what you would do, and what you fear.
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
February 20th, 2009 at 10:24am
is there actually a reason someone might remember/not remember their dreams often?