Don't have an account? Create one!

Dreaming and Daydreaming

AuthorMessage
smiledrug.
Killjoy
smiledrug.
March 3rd, 2008 at 11:38pm
I think dreams can mean something, but I'm not sure because I haven't had dreams in regular concurrence in so long.....
I remember I had a dream once, and it was like a video game. It reminded me of Silent Hill(ever played it? scary as hell), and this part in the game just kept playing over and over. Like a CD stuck on one spot and skipping. And it scared the crap out of me because I just kept dying over and over. Heh. It even said Game over.

Then I had that dream where I was a guy and it seemed to flash from scene to scene almost, and I killed people. I would wait in the dark, chase down these obscure people, and laugh as I ripped their insides from their body. They were still alive while I did it, and they were screaming...The scary thing is....I woke up, and felt pure and utter joy and happiness. I remember that dream...I think I listened to INTYWIDFAL too much. Maybe I contemplated the meaning of the song too much. I don't know. I'm sorry to say I liked that dream. And I still think it was awesome.
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
March 13th, 2008 at 06:30pm
daydreams;;
i think these are very important. if something is bothering me, but i don't know what, i often just slip into a daydream - whatever i daydream about tells me whats annoying me. it's often hidden dreams or fantasies that you may daydream about as well. it's really fun to just let your mind wander.

dreams;;
i think dreams tell you most about your life. example - my life, it's fricking hilarious. i have at least 5 laughs a day. therefore, i haven't had a nightmare for about three years. all my dreams are completely random and funny. and since it's my friends that make me laugh, my friends usually feature in my dreams.

however, when i'm sad, my dreams take a more subtler tone - there will be a lot of black in them, to resemble a depressed state. i will probably see the person or thing that is troubling me a lot more in my dream than usual. they will be very subtle, usually - i had a long and complicated dream once, and at the end i got into a black car.

i typed in a detailed explanation of my dream on freakydreams [VERY accurate and useful site for working out your dreams, i advise you to check it out] and the explanation for 'black car' was:

Words like black: Black signifies isolation and transition period. It shows up conflicts and friction with relations and friends.

Words like car: Personal power. Ego.

At that period in time one of my friends had gotten a bit too big for her boots and kept bragging about herself. Thats the 'ego' part. And whilst in doing that, she had been taking my self esteem down more and more until she basically dominated me. 'Personal power'. And the whole description for 'black' fits perfectly.

But maybe it's only me who dreams like this. idk.
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
March 15th, 2008 at 08:23am
Personally, to me, sometimes dreams are like poems you read in class.
Like your teacher makes you disect each line fully, asking what you think the writer wanted the reader to think.
But at the same time, it may not have been meant for.
Does the writer really but meaning behind the words, or was it just a line that could represent something else.

I dunno, its just how I view dreams alot.
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
March 15th, 2008 at 08:23am
Personally, to me, sometimes dreams are like poems you read in class.
Like your teacher makes you disect each line fully, asking what you think the writer wanted the reader to think.
But at the same time, it may not have been meant for.
Does the writer really but meaning behind the words, or was it just a line that could represent something else.

I dunno, its just how I view dreams alot.
mostly human
Always Born a Crime
mostly human
March 18th, 2008 at 09:28am
to me Daydreams are dreams that you can control. Like for example, Me and my friend role play alot on msn, and I allways end up daydreaming about what happened. It's also a way to re-live a memory or else just imagine what your life would be like if somehting were different for example. I allways find myself slipping into these sort of dreams, and I get really distracted sometimes.

Dreams are something you normally can't control.It's your sub-consious either sending you a message or re-living memories and such.
What i find weird tho are those realistic dreams. Like when you feel as if youre in reality. It's like your body responds to the dream. One time i had a dream like this and I could feel everyhitng. Like a huge, pain, everything. It's really weird.
Spirited Away
Joining The Black Parade
Spirited Away
March 19th, 2008 at 10:24pm
I think dreams (when you sleep) are just reflections of the day you just had or things that have been on your mind pretty much all day. Now, day dreams are different. Day dreams you can pretty much control yourself and twist it into what you want it to be. Day dreams are, I guess you could say, dreams you hope will come true.
Simply Irresistable
Fabulous Killjoy
Simply Irresistable
March 19th, 2008 at 10:29pm
Daydreams are things that I conciously choose to "dream" about. It's a little world of fun.
My dreams have places and certain facts and figures that I have never seen or met, I always see them in the future there are a few times of where I'll walk into a building for the first time and be able to find myself around a few places just from a dream.

So I believe there can be more than just an over active imagination to a dream.
I Iuv Gerard
Killjoy
I Iuv Gerard
March 20th, 2008 at 07:02am
U know how pple say when u die in ur sleep u die in really life lol Crying or Very sad
well thats not true i always die in my sleep and im always at my on funeral lol Shocked lol
skitty.
In the Cannibal Glow
skitty.
March 21st, 2008 at 06:21pm
my friend told me that if u dream ur falling off a cliff and u fall off ur bed, u die...how ridiculous is that?
personally i wouldnt mind that person trying because shes not my friend rlly...
but i daydream wayy to much...and sometimes its completly random....like ill b looking out the window and thinking of skylines and turnstiles in the middle of class and get all teary....
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 23rd, 2008 at 06:09pm
I think they almost always mean something. They symbolize things to come, or something you feel, it always means something. I take whatever chance I can to ignore the teacher's blah's and just take a little bit of personal time to just dream. Dreaming is one my favorite things to do.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
March 23rd, 2008 at 07:00pm
Daydreams and dreams, in my opinion, are really different from each other. Daydreams, generally, are waking fantasies of what you desire / fear, and most of the time can be controlled. Dreams, on the other hand, are something that you don't have any control over. Personally, I think dreams are your subconcious mind reflecting on your current situation, emotions, etc., and they sometimes deal with unresolved feelings / memories. I think that they usually come in the form of metaphors, though I can't think of an example at the moment because I don't remember many of my dreams, and the ones I do remember I usually forget after a couple of hours.

What's interesting, though, is where people dream of their dead family members speaking to them, or when they dream of something that they couldn't possibly know about. Occasionally, I think dreams might be God / deceased loved ones trying to tell you something, but I don't know as I've never had such an experience.

Basically, I think that most dreams mean something, but there are a few that I think are just random firings of your brain. How else do you explain those really stupid dreams? x]
The music.
Salute You in Your Grave
The music.
September 20th, 2008 at 05:16pm
Dreams not daydreams are very interesting. They can mean sertain things and sometimes there just reflections of what happened the day before. But when they mean certain things to find out the meaning you would have to think of representation of things not what happened in your dreams.
Now daydreams on the otherhand you can usually control so there isnt too much meaning just your own interests and fears.
Wednesday Way!
Killjoy
Wednesday Way!
September 20th, 2008 at 08:17pm
In my views I see dreams as your mind or mind's eye is telling you to look out for something. Dreams sometimes can mean certain things depending what you dream about that night. From what I have learned about dreams is that they all have inner meaning no matter how random they are.

Daydreams, on the other hand, I believe are just ways of venting out certain emotions in whatever situation you are in. I see them as fun and an easy way to make time go by.
barcoded.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
barcoded.
October 4th, 2008 at 04:18am
what gets me is when you cant tell whether you are dreaming or its actually happening or whether its a day dream or an asleep dream.
my dreams are alwasy mucked up and random and full of people and things thast i cant get out of my head during the day only they are usually twisted versions of reality

dreams are apparently your mind deciding what to commit to memory or soemthing but i think its so much more than that
your dreams tell you things that you cant figure out for yourself even if you dont realise it

i dunno.
just some ideas
barcoded.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
barcoded.
October 4th, 2008 at 04:19am
oh and daydreaming

thats a way of escaping from the reality you have to live in

if you have to be awake you can still dream of being somewhere else
make up aworld that you can be happy in and imagine its all ok
so daydreams take you away to where you want to be
insteaad of history class, or when your being yelled at, or when your bored
you can just go into your head and create your own world that makes sense toy you
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
October 4th, 2008 at 05:07am
I've been told that dreams are just your brain sorting through information in your brain and choosing what to keep and what to trash... thats why dreams are weird... all this information clashing together.
But i also think that it can be our subconsious trying to warn us, help us remember something. Or our subconsious thinking about the answer to a problem for us.
I love my dreams, they answer a lot of questions for me.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 4th, 2008 at 03:44pm
dreams just reflect how you truly feel about things, and your thoughts, whether you are ashamed of them or not. It's a bunch of chemical reactions and ur mind sorting out it's information. but what's weird is that once in a blue moon when i'm somewhere, I notice that the scene and position I'm in looks familiar like I've been there before or at least DREAMED that I was there before, even when i would never had been in that position in the past. I usually have those kinds of faint portions of dreams a while before they look similar in real life

but my mind probably just pieced together a bunch of memories and feelings to make that scene in a dream....but it's weird!

And a daydream is just what you think about conciously, having to do with what you want or fear
iam_serpentine
Killjoy
iam_serpentine
October 5th, 2008 at 01:50pm
to be honest, dreams usually mean nothing. they're just a bunch of memories put together randomly. i've had dreams recently about people i haven't thought about in years. however, dreams can help you realise and figure out stuff..
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
October 31st, 2008 at 03:40pm
I always though daydreaming was just drifting off into your own thoughts...kind of like fantasising about a current situation. Some people also daydream to get away from reality. You create images in your head that make you feel better if you arn't happy..and I personally think that's what people mean when they talk about "going to thier happy place".

To me, dreaming reflects some bits of your concious mind. There are sometimes bits in dreams that you can relate to what happened the previous day before you went to sleep. Some don't make any sence at all, some do. I have 'types' of dreams. I get these when I'm anxious or having bad feelings (like anger, sadness etc) and they always tend to be violent in some way. I think that certain emotions can effect your dreams.

And, one thing I wonder about dreams.....
How come if you're about to die in a dream...you always wake up? That's always confused me.
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
December 15th, 2008 at 02:02pm
Dreams could be an interpretation of memories from long ago, or just a bunch of random thoughts swirling around in your brain. But then again, dreams are sometimes a way for the subconcious to leave the body. I've heard that dreams are like a door to the world while we're sleeping, and we experience things that we could never do in real life.

Daydreams are a bit harder to tell though; you're not exactly asleep when you daydream, it's kinda like your mind is drifting away to somewhere else you want to be while your body's still in one place.

That's just my opinion, though.