Don't have an account? Create one!

Dreaming and Daydreaming

AuthorMessage
LittleSydneyScissors
Jazz Hands
LittleSydneyScissors
December 25th, 2007 at 04:46pm
Often, I think, sometimes dreams CAN mean something, but scientific wise, most of it IS from our subconcious mind. Memories. Random things we don't think about. Things in the back of our mind. That kinda stuff. And yes, even if you are obsessed with something, like MCR, it is in the back of your mind at least at all times, right? So that's where MCR dreams come from. Believe it or not, yes, MCR is part of our subconcious mind. So, most of those dreams come from our subconcious mind, but yes, I believe that RARELY, it is possible to have dreams that mean something or pyschic dreams, cause I have had those.
Daydreams, well those are self-explanitory. Obviously they don't mean anything, just simple fantasies of ours, cause, of course, we can control them quite well...[Wink]
But, that's my opinion. Sorry for rambling...Very Happy
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
December 25th, 2007 at 04:58pm
firstly day dreams and dreams dont really have anything is common
dreams are what your brain is subconsciously thinking while your asleep
day-dreaming is imagining something or thinking about something,
with day dreams you make a conscious decision on what to think about.

most dreams are made up of different components of things that you have been thinking about,
and usually if you think about a dream afterwards you can place each component of the dream to an event of conversation that has happened say the day before the dream

therefoe i dont beleive particulary in the fact that you can get predictions or anything through dreams
its all just pure coincidence
and the majority of people that claim to have had such predictions are wishing so much for it to be what they want it to be
i.e. a message from a dead relative or somthing
that they force themselves to belive it is

^^ made no sense but tis my point of view
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 25th, 2007 at 07:33pm
What are your views/beliefs about dreams? Do they mean something or is it all just your imagination running away with you?
My views on my dreams is that some are wonderful and some are horrible/I do believe they mean something
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 8th, 2008 at 07:13pm
Yeah, they mean something, they mean i'm bored of Mrs. Mack blab, lol. Nah i'm just messing around.... but seriously, i think they CAN mean something, but are very metaphorical. EX: I dreamed I was getting attacked by a bear, which symbolizes that someone was out to get me. Yep that WAS true! Some, though, are a bit less metaphorical, EX: I dreamed I found my CD player(but now I have an MP3) by my bed. I found it by my brothers bed, lol. And it broke the same day, too =(
I Commited Suicide
Killjoy
I Commited Suicide
January 12th, 2008 at 05:32pm
well i know for a fact that dreams well my dreams any way mean something I'm kind of phsycic i dont know how to spell sorry and most of my dreams come true so its kind of scary if you think about it
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
January 16th, 2008 at 04:20pm
I think that dreams can mean something, but they are a source of unresolved emotions [That's what I was told anyway] and I especially take recurring dreams into perspective, because if they keep coming back, it must mean something, well, that's what I think, but then again it's just an opinion.
Dreams are something that you can't really control very much, especially nightmares, which I get quite a lot, and scares me, because I do take dreams as certain signs that maybe that could happen.
Plus, daydreaming, I always daydream, every single lesson I find myself drifiting off into some sort of imaginary world. Very Happy
But, I like yo daydream, because I can control it and know that it doesnt mean much to me.
goodbye blue sky
Always Born a Crime
goodbye blue sky
February 1st, 2008 at 08:52am
to me they mean alot. it is a perfect way to get rid of stress and ache.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
February 5th, 2008 at 03:52pm
my dreams are mostly just made up of images/things i've thought/seen/heard about during the day. Though it is kinda cool how you're brain brings all these things together though =D
Cyanide Romance
Killjoy
Cyanide Romance
February 13th, 2008 at 01:28pm
well, i day dream alottttt, and personally, i think its just cus im bored in class......but i also daydream about the future, more like my future, and what it might hold. i think that shows i am a somewhat artistic person.
daneeissxc.
Jazz Hands
daneeissxc.
February 13th, 2008 at 10:45pm
For me, dreams and daydreams do mean something. Well, I usually have dreams about what I talked about before I went to sleep. Like 1 time, I talked to my friend about Frerard being our Brokeback Mountain, and that night...I had a Frerard dream. x]
So, dreams might be just a sort of thing your brain does to help you remember something. Iuno.
xD
tragic_end
Killjoy
tragic_end
February 15th, 2008 at 01:14pm
dreams are for the heartache and daydreams just amke you forget
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
February 16th, 2008 at 08:28pm
tragic_end:
dreams are for the heartache and daydreams just amke you forget

i like that
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 17th, 2008 at 01:17am
i do think they mean things.
i think you can get things out of them Razz
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
February 26th, 2008 at 04:35pm
I love dreaming. It's like another world of my own; and a lot of the time it seems so real. I think dreaming can help you find answers that you need, and they can help you solve situations, or if something happens in reality, what happened in the dream will help you to reacact.

And day dreaming, i do that a lot. I think it just gies your mind a little break during the day and also shows you things that you might desire.
Kayla Doesn't Care
Fabulous Killjoy
Kayla Doesn't Care
February 27th, 2008 at 08:28pm
dreaming - well sometimes I have dreams that are very realistic and actually come true several weeks after I have the dream...Brandon, Maia and Kourtni think I'm psychic, I think alot of people do this, I wouldn't say I'm psychic, I just notice alot of what I see and alot of my life and people around me's lives are easily predicted, I can see most of it coming without a dream.

day dreaming - For me it's an escape from the real world. I can't feel pain in my day dreams, I like it that way...
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
February 29th, 2008 at 08:13am
Dreaming is just when your mind runs through memories with you sort of subconsciously controlling it. Sometimes you don't remember a dream because your mind was working too fast. And sometimes things piece together, to form a dream.

Day Dreaming, on the contrast, anyone can do. I mean, it's not impossible to find yourself drooling over... whoever, right? It's just getting lost in your imagination.
hidden black heart
Killjoy
hidden black heart
March 2nd, 2008 at 05:21pm
Personally, I believe that our dreams are a message from our subconcious, telling us to do something, r that something is wrong. I think this only because of a dream I had that cannot be explained any other way.

In december of 2001, my grandfather died of a heart attack in the very early morning. At 2 AM, the exact time he had his heart attack, I dreamed of my grandfather standing in front of me, waving goodbye, and slowly fading away. Five hours later I woke up to hear my parents crying, because they'd just gotten the call. He had been dead since two in the morning.

At the age of eight, having not seen my grandfather since Thanksgiving, and him having been perfectly healthy and at his house the night before, there is no way I could have known that would happen. How else am I supposed to explain it?
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 3rd, 2008 at 03:38am
hidden black heart:
Personally, I believe that our dreams are a message from our subconcious, telling us to do something, r that something is wrong. I think this only because of a dream I had that cannot be explained any other way.

In december of 2001, my grandfather died of a heart attack in the very early morning. At 2 AM, the exact time he had his heart attack, I dreamed of my grandfather standing in front of me, waving goodbye, and slowly fading away. Five hours later I woke up to hear my parents crying, because they'd just gotten the call. He had been dead since two in the morning.

At the age of eight, having not seen my grandfather since Thanksgiving, and him having been perfectly healthy and at his house the night before, there is no way I could have known that would happen. How else am I supposed to explain it?

This is interesting. i had this dream once of an old lady who came to talk to me while I was sitting in a coffee shop. I thought it was totally random, but afterwards i told my mom abt the dream & described the lady, & she swore it fit the description of her late grandma (aka my great-grandma), who btw used to run a coffee shop. In the dream the lady had been trying to tell me smthg in Hakka -- her mother tongue -- but i don't speak it. I think she was trying to reach my mom but got me instead.
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
March 3rd, 2008 at 01:18pm
Personally, most of my day dreams mean something to me. What happens in them, are either my hopes or fears for the future. For instances, I always get whisked away thinking of myself being on stage, with a band behind me, and thats my most common day dream. Also, I daydream of my family dying. And thats what interests me, because its a daydream, surely you are channeling your own thought? So why would you deliberately thinking of your family dying?

Which is what interests me.

I think daydreams do mean something, because they often resemble what the owner of the dreams often think about.
Sonnet 130
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sonnet 130
March 3rd, 2008 at 01:59pm
Day dreams and dreams most mean something, why else would we have them.
Some are enjoyable some aren't all to do with your thoughts really and what mood your in.
They seem to mean something to people, sometimes away of escaping from reality.

Well if you like them or not or think they do mean something to you we still have them.