Don't have an account? Create one!

Dreaming and Daydreaming

AuthorMessage
Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
April 30th, 2007 at 06:38pm
I think they can mean things but they can also be your imagination.

For example, when I was little, I was scared of this monster thing on this audio book my sister and brother used to like(it was this retarded story about a creepy monster who stepped on "a step that looks like a step but is not a step that you should not step on" and died or something, I can't remember.). It was like my biggest fear. And one night I had a nightmare that that monster thing was in my house. I've also had dreams about spiders being around me or about to bite me and stuff like that(I hate spiders). So yeah, it usually depicts crap we don't like or stuff we like and stuff like that. Sometimes dreams can have clues to secrets about ourselves, but I don't know, I read that in my mom's old magazines from the 70s. And often you have dreams about what you think of when you go to sleep. Just last night I was thinking about aliens and then when I went to sleep I dreamt about seeing UFOs land in my backyard(They turned out to be friendly guys from the govornment that gave me money for doing the simplest and stupidest things, but you get the idea Wink).

And sometimes you can have dreams that are sort of based off stuff going on around you.. er, hard to explain.. Like once I was sleeping on the couch and dreaming that Bob Barker was telling people to say how much money they wanted to give me, and it turned out that The Price is Right was on TV and I was hearing that but my imagination was also adding to it.

And when it's just your imagination being weird, well that's that. Like this time I dreamt there was a large dollar bill wearing at hat and standing outside my front door looking angry. Laughing
newyork's finest
Killjoy
newyork's finest
June 1st, 2007 at 02:49pm
i think when you day dream and dream it can mean good things or bad things...
i have them alot... and they get weirder ad weirder..lol.... but then again one actually came tru........ which was soooo werid but good at the same time...
Serious Business
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Serious Business
June 1st, 2007 at 05:54pm
I think that because dreams is just your imagination running away with you, they can tell a lot about you.
Not litterally, like if you are dreaming that you get eaten by a piece of cake or someting, but on another plan.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
June 3rd, 2007 at 03:03am
Dreamsi believe dreams are sequences of images that appear involuntary to the mind of a sleeping person, often a mixture of real and imaginary characters and places.
Daydreams i think it's mostly a time of often distracting and pleasant thoughts that pass through our minds while awake..i daydream usually when i'm bored Very Happy
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
June 3rd, 2007 at 09:34am
God my dream the last night was sooo fucked up i was in one place then another with turtles & cars then a rock concert then to my aunts hosue but it...wasnt my aunts hosue. kind of fucked up.

In one of my dream books it told my friend that one her friends will die lol.
FrancyPansy
Killjoy
FrancyPansy
June 3rd, 2007 at 02:56pm
dreams and daydreams are soo cool! but unfortunately my dreams are sooo weird, most of the time!

but daydreaming, I love it! Very Happy
dark___sunlight
Motor Baby
dark___sunlight
June 18th, 2007 at 08:02pm
I spent most of class time day dreaming it gives me somethig to do and makes subsatuite teachers less painful and annoying. I get lost in them easliy thou some times all have dreams about something realistic and wake up beileave it really happend iv always had an carzy imagination,
like once when i was a kid i was sitting in my mothers room and was staring at the cornor of the room in a trance and my mom asked me what i was looking at and i said a little girl was sitting the cornnor hiding from her dad becuase he was going to give her a "whopping" i sarced the crap outta my mom cause i told her exactly what she looked like and what her name wasand my mom never herd me use the word whopping before or knew where id get it from . So my mom would'nt sleep in there cause she thought there was a little girl barreid in the wall or something it was carzy.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 18th, 2007 at 08:11pm
i've had like pshycic dreams were i'd dream something and it happened like the next day. i think it's like a subconciess seance in a way. i think it can also be your mind showing itself. i don't know
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
Killjoy
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
June 19th, 2007 at 01:39am
I keep a dream diary, and any time I remember a dream I write it down and then interpret the significance of each symbol as it applies to me. For example, I once had a dream that my boyfriend and some of my friends were playing poker, in my bathroom, while I was in the shower. I don't remember the details, but upon interpretation it ended up meaning something along the lines of my relationship was ending. The very next day my boyfriend broke it off.

I think that dreams are the means by which our subconscious mind communicates with our waking thoughts. At night when the barriers we throw up are lowered things leak across from subconscious to waking mind and dreams are the result. Happenings, people, and symbols within our dreams take on different meanings for each individual, and through the interpretation of such symbols we can decipher what our subconscious is trying to say.

Daydreams are a little different. I think that a daydream is simply a means of distraction within our brains. I daydream more often when I am nervous, upset, or angry, and I feel calmer after a good daydream session. Maybe it's a way for our brain to calm the rush of emotions we often feel overwhelmed by.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 19th, 2007 at 01:49am
^thats a really cool idea, the dream diary
solonghelena
Killjoy
solonghelena
July 15th, 2007 at 03:57pm
I'd be so happy if dreams were real because I had a dream that MCR stayed at my house, and I got fucked by Gerard Way, so that would rock.
karma police.
Always Born a Crime
karma police.
July 16th, 2007 at 02:24am
I really do think that dreams themselves mean something. I know people say the whole, "It's the last thing you think about before you fall asleep.", but I'm not sure.
I think it has to do with something maybe you know but you don't quite know it consciously. There was this one month I had extremely bloody and morbid dreams, but I had no explanation to it. Later that month I read a calendar I had sitting beside my bed and noticed that under that month it said 'This month is known as the month of Mars, making it filled with red and horror.' Coincidence?

And daydreaming, I believe it's what you want and what you hope to happen. I can't say too much though since I have no experience in this, I have horrible imagery when attempting to imagine things.

But I think that your subconscious mind does a lot of things to you.
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 16th, 2007 at 02:48pm
Dreams are a way to express your supressed emotions and things inside your subconscious mind. Don't look to dream books to see what your dreams mean because they're a load of shit. I had a reoccuring dream about fighting bees and the dream book said "Bees are a symbol of good fortune." It was only after talking to a friend about it that I learned why I dreamed of bees. It was because I played a video game (not sure what the name of it was...might think of it later) where you had to get past a level filled with bees.

Sometimes I get premonitions in my dreams. These occur randomly and sometimes warn me of bad things that might happen or just show me random events.
Sock Cucker.
Shotgun Sinner
Sock Cucker.
July 16th, 2007 at 02:55pm
I wouldnt say all dream interpretations are shit. I had this freaky ass recurring dream about this giant Rat slithering around my computer desk every night, so I asked one of my friends mums about it because shes into that stuff, and it meant I was going to get really sick. Which I did a week later and I was out of work for about a fortnight.
However I think some dreams are things you think of before you fall asleep or generally throughout the day. If you let your mind roam while you're drifting off, you will dream. If you shut it off, you might not dream as much.
I have around 5 dreams every night and remember them vividly the next day, and its because im one of those people who cant shut off my mind, for the life of me.
river phoenix.
Salute You in Your Grave
river phoenix.
July 18th, 2007 at 08:03pm
I would like to think dreams mean something, but in reality they probably dont. I mean, dreams are thoughts from your subconscious (sp?), and just because your subconscious thinks something doesn't nessisarily mean its true.
MyFamousLastWords
Killjoy
MyFamousLastWords
July 18th, 2007 at 08:08pm
haha i highly doubt my dreams mean things. ok maybe one or two of my dreams make scence and/or have come true, but i know the one about gerard wont.
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 19th, 2007 at 02:52pm
Dilmah:
I wouldnt say all dream interpretations are shit. I had this freaky ass recurring dream about this giant Rat slithering around my computer desk every night, so I asked one of my friends mums about it because shes into that stuff, and it meant I was going to get really sick. Which I did a week later and I was out of work for about a fortnight.

I don't think they are all shit either except for the ones in books. I too know people who can interpret dreams very well.
mcr rulez
Killjoy
mcr rulez
July 19th, 2007 at 04:05pm
i have had a couple of dreams and then a few years down the line something has happened and i thought i dreamt that it was freaky it felt like deja vu
Pandora's Box
Motor Baby
Pandora's Box
July 23rd, 2007 at 04:21pm
simple answer I belive if you stick at it and keep dreaming it then it has a deeper meaning and that it may come true
jay toro!!!
Fabulous Killjoy
jay toro!!!
July 27th, 2007 at 03:53am
I believe that the scientific inquiry of ones dreams do have signiffigent meanings. oh my god I talked smartical fer once.somethings wrong with me!!! but yes I do think they mean something...even if yer dreaming of a peanut butter and tuna samich.