Don't have an account? Create one!

Dreaming and Daydreaming

AuthorMessage
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
October 20th, 2006 at 02:08am
What are your views/beliefs about dreams? Do they mean something or is it all just your imagination running away with you?

I think dreams can be extremely powerful signs and metaphors.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
October 20th, 2006 at 02:16am
daydreams and dreams do mean things, you just have to relate them to yourself. I think daydreams are easier to control so they may not be your subconcious telling you info but dreams certainly are!
lux lisbon.
Always Born a Crime
lux lisbon.
October 20th, 2006 at 04:19am
I'd like to think that my dreams mean something, that they're some kind of messages from my subconscious. I've read dream books and dream dictionaries and tried to interpret what my dreams meant. I think maybe Freud knew what he was talking about.

At the same time, I can also understand how dreams are simply projections of memories and things that happened to us during the day. Nothing special, just things that we saw and thought of before sleep.

I'm stuck between the two, but I definitely prefer to believe the first. There's something more appealing about dreams having hidden meanings.
Baby Jesus is
Banned
Baby Jesus is
October 20th, 2006 at 07:15am
I look at the scientific side for this, all dreams are is your body makin memory's of the days events and working out how it feels about those events... oh and also if they connect with any events or thoughts already in memory... basicly your brain organising...
Walking Shade.
Joining The Black Parade
Walking Shade.
October 21st, 2006 at 10:37pm
Daydreams and dreams when reffering to me mean that I'm obsessed.I get dreams and daydreams only when i don't stop thinking about something....and they might have some meaning to itfor example : They say that when you dream of a family member that passed away, and you find them happy it means that they are suffering.
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
October 24th, 2006 at 02:06pm
I believe that dreaming and day-dreaming is a way for us
to indulge in our imagination and to re-live our fantasies.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 24th, 2006 at 02:50pm
Well we all have dreams and we all daydream. You can make dreams come true but daydreaming is mostly just thinking stupid things, well at least for me, it is
Frozen
Jazz Hands
Frozen
October 24th, 2006 at 04:31pm
I think dreams mean something, daydreams i just enjoy. lol!
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 24th, 2006 at 06:39pm
Agreeing. Like, I wanna be an actress and I'm sort of half way there. I've been on loads of shows and TV, and I'm doing a feature film in March, but my daydreams... God! They consist of my maths teacher falling out of the window!
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
October 24th, 2006 at 08:55pm
My mom told me that if we didn't dream,we'd go crazy.

She said it's like..a way for the mind to be free or somehting like that.
A couple of mine and my friends dreams have come true.
'Twas scary.
k?!
Always Born a Crime
k?!
October 26th, 2006 at 07:02pm
Dreams mean something!

One of my friends she haas theese dreams and we predict whats gonna happen and then they all come true for ex:
She had a dream about a crocadile and then something went wrong and then she died.
the verry next day the crocadile hunter died
k?!
Always Born a Crime
k?!
October 26th, 2006 at 07:04pm
Dreams mean something!

One of my friends she haas theese dreams and we predict whats gonna happen and then they all come true for ex:
She had a dream about a crocadile and then something went wrong and then she died.
k?!
Always Born a Crime
k?!
October 26th, 2006 at 07:04pm
Dreams mean something!

k?!
Always Born a Crime
k?!
October 26th, 2006 at 07:05pm
Dreams mean something!

k?!
Always Born a Crime
k?!
October 26th, 2006 at 07:05pm
Dreams mean something!

snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
October 27th, 2006 at 07:53pm
Wow. Computer malfunction?
I think dreams mean something, but not in the way of telling the future or whatever. I think it's more like telling you about you.
Baby Jesus is
Banned
Baby Jesus is
October 27th, 2006 at 10:35pm
Either computer malfunction, or someone looking for attention...

Later i'd say, no computer breaks that much...

I agree... like i said in my post above^
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 27th, 2006 at 11:01pm
i think dreams mean something but not in an ESP sense so much as...well, dreams are a way for your subconcious to sort out your thoughts. so in your dreams you may realize things and make connections that your concious mind wouldn't normally be able to. a lot of the time it's your subconcious trying to tell you something...for instance, one day i got in a huge fight with my brother...like, world war iii fight. that night i had a dream that he died in a car accident and it scared the hell out of me...that was part of me telling the other part not to be such a jackass to my brother, i guess, and to appreciate people more.
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
Salute You in Your Grave
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
October 28th, 2006 at 04:31am
Lately I've been having alot of strange dreams and I don't get them. I cant find their meanings on the internet or anywhere and they are freaking me out.
But I think that dreams mean something like...They tell you something you already know but its something you've been supressing.
Pondie
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Pondie
October 28th, 2006 at 09:02am
To me? Daydreams and dreams are images of what you would like to happen or what you fear will happen. Basically, it's your mind showing you what you want or don't want.

There are exceptions, though. Such as those weird deams with purple elephants that are made of cheese. In my opinion, those are just meant to make you laugh.