Don't have an account? Create one!

Dreaming and Daydreaming

AuthorMessage
knights of cydonia.
Salute You in Your Grave
knights of cydonia.
January 24th, 2007 at 11:33pm
I suppose dreams must have a motive. And yes, they might be metaphors of our past and current life. And sometimes, even of our future. Premonitions or something of the sort maybe.
They might symbolize something. Like giving you cause and effect of your current dilemmas. And the choice you might make. They're mainly subconscious. You never plan to have one specific dream.
And for daydreaming, that's just what is currently happening. Or what's on your mind. I think daydreams are rather meaningless. Just actual desires. Or either you're taking into consideration what's happening at that moment.

Wanja
In a Hail of Bullets
Wanja
January 25th, 2007 at 02:29pm
I day dream a lot.. I mean A LOT. And its just really weird things I'm day dreaming about. I can be in class learning shit, but I'll be sitting there day dreaming.. It looks like I'm paying attention, but really I'm just in my own little Wanja - world.. Thinking about nothing and everything.. But dreams at night I often forget easily..
hell_on-earth
Really Not Okay
hell_on-earth
January 26th, 2007 at 03:15am
i dream every single night,and not just one dream,more like 5 or 6 dreams.when i wake up,my head feels really heavy because of all the dreaming.i don't think dreams actually mean anything,because non of my dreams have actually come true or something related to any dream of mine had come true.but i still love to dream!!
day dreams are yes i think our desires or our fears.
ppl
Killjoy
ppl
January 26th, 2007 at 04:33pm
i think dreams are our way of escaping reality but can sometimes have meanigs of things that are going to happen
ppl
Killjoy
ppl
January 26th, 2007 at 04:36pm
i had a dream my friend was sick and in the hospital next day she ended up really really sick
Plague Rat
Jazz Hands
Plague Rat
January 30th, 2007 at 05:14pm
I ONCE HAD A DREAM THAT LED TO A DAY DREAM THAT LASTED FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS
the megalodon.
Salute You in Your Grave
the megalodon.
January 30th, 2007 at 05:17pm
Talk about the dreams you've had here. This thread's about what you think Dreams and Daydreams are, or where they come from.
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
February 4th, 2007 at 11:25pm
I beleive that dreams reflect a persons thoughts and desires. Dreams can help you determine what you want or dont what...and most importantly who you are.

Nightmares reflect distress or terrors of your life. Nightmares reflect what you fear...or possibly not.

I like to look at dreams or nightmares that I remember by every aspect as I do music. For different meanings and from different points of views.

(all of this post is in my own opinion)
your__Imaginaryheart
Jazz Hands
your__Imaginaryheart
February 5th, 2007 at 10:48am
LifeOnStandby:
I beleive that dreams reflect a persons thoughts and desires. Dreams can help you determine what you want or dont what...and most importantly who you are.

Nightmares reflect distress or terrors of your life. Nightmares reflect what you fear...or possibly not.

I like to look at dreams or nightmares that I remember by every aspect as I do music. For different meanings and from different points of views.

(all of this post is in my own opinion)

I would really have to agree
my chemical reaction
Fabulous Killjoy
my chemical reaction
February 17th, 2007 at 10:37pm
i think dreaming is like a way to sort out your problems or work through them weatha it be a fear, a loss, or somthing similar and working thro them in your Subconciousness so you wont like freak out or anything

AsLeEp Or DeAd
decode.
Salute You in Your Grave
decode.
February 17th, 2007 at 11:10pm
just like what all you've said, dreams try to convey something...
but i have this dream (since i was a kid) that someone always chases me. someone is trying to get me, and so in my dream , i run and run and run...i dream about this a lot although it's not always in the same setting and not always the same thing that's chasing me. sometimes it's a person, sometimes a monster. the whole dream is just so scary and tiring. im really trying to know what could be the meaning of that. any thoughts about it?
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
February 19th, 2007 at 10:31am
Scientifically, dreams are like, ummm...... how do you say this, brain feces. It goes through your memory from that day and other days. It can even ring back forgotten memories. Like there was this girl I haven't seen in a year and I couldn't remember her voice. Then one night, I dreamt about her talking to me.

You get nightmares from having too much stress during the day. I don't think that they really mean anything though.
I Am The Used
Fabulous Killjoy
I Am The Used
February 19th, 2007 at 10:41am
Dreams always have a meaning. For example. There is this girls that I really care about. More that she knows. and every night for the past week i have had the same dream. I hate this dream. its like every night when i go to sleep i lose her.
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
February 19th, 2007 at 11:07am
if dreams are metaphors and are trying to tell you something
how come ive never remembered one?
stuupid like a fox
Bleeding on the Floor
stuupid like a fox
February 19th, 2007 at 01:21pm
you dont remember your dreams because we go through stages while we are asleep
i dont remember all of them, but there is the stage where you can hear and another when you dream
you just so happen to wake up when your not dreaming
decode.
Salute You in Your Grave
decode.
February 19th, 2007 at 01:24pm
we have stages in sleep: NREM and REM. we drean when we are in the REM stage.
stuupid like a fox
Bleeding on the Floor
stuupid like a fox
February 19th, 2007 at 03:01pm
disenchanted_maiden:
we have stages in sleep: NREM and REM. we drean when we are in the REM stage.

there ya go
that's what i meant but i wasnt really listening so it escaped my mind
just disappeared in the wind *sound of the wind*
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
February 19th, 2007 at 07:00pm
Dreams, day and night, are your minds way of saying, "Why can't we do this?"

Nightmares are the minds way of saying, "Let's never do this."

Just my thoughts
vampires_rock
Killjoy
vampires_rock
February 22nd, 2007 at 05:04pm
i think a lot of the time your emotions can trigger your dreams,for example if your feeling upset you may have an upsetting dream OR if your upset you may have a good dream that could make you feel better,i dont know lol i just think that emotions and thoughts are what trigger dreams.

like i said before i think daydreams are just fragments of the imagination, i think they are triggered when you are bored,upset or simply dont want to face the truth,it may sound weird but i think the emotion that triggers most daydreams would be love,lost love,or a love that you have,i feel when a daydream is triggered by love it is showing you what you want from this particular person or item.
India
Shotgun Sinner
India
February 22nd, 2007 at 05:13pm

i dreamed about a badger last night =)
i wonder if i'll meet a badger...
I always have dreams that come true its fucking creepy.

but i dont have emotions for badgers hmm...i just think i've got a bit physco.

Disgust