Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
Bow
Killjoy
Bow
April 28th, 2007 at 06:09pm
okay forgive me if i'm repeating what someone said but on the interview thingy from last week Gee said Teenagers wasn't being held back from release and the band hadn't connected it to the shootings. I'll dig out the link to the you tube interview if you like.
Lips_Like_Venom
Killjoy
Lips_Like_Venom
April 30th, 2007 at 07:16pm
Okay i was watching an interview with Gerard and one of the questions was about this song and how the shootings at Virgina Tech would affect the release,so,I think that considering what he said, it is about gun violence at school and all the kids who are all fucked up in the head.He said,and i quote"Um,Yeeah that's exactly what it's about.You know i think it's really important we release this song."
Read the lyrics FULLY and them try to argue,c'mon,do it!
maylora
Killjoy
maylora
May 2nd, 2007 at 04:17pm
I personally think its Gerards Veiw on highschool, and being an iadervdual ( I cant spell) And what advice he would have given himself if he could go back
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
May 4th, 2007 at 03:35pm
for me, its basically their way of saying about chavs (but chav is a British word) and how they intimidate people, and how they're kinda unpredictable. but something that contradicts that is "darken your clothes" which has no relation to a chav whatsoever. but anyway... \m/
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
May 4th, 2007 at 04:50pm
I think this is about many things. In an interview, Gerard said it was about how teenagers are geared towards violence. It refers to outcasts (darken your clothes) and fights (strike a violent pose). School shootings (if you're troubled and hurt, what you got under your shirt will make them pay for the things that they did) are also mentioned. It describes your average homicidal teen.
grr...weee!!!
Killjoy
grr...weee!!!
May 4th, 2007 at 05:08pm
I am probably the first person to turn everything into a metaphor.

Teenagers - could represent the foolish, unexperienced, immature: possibly the patients feelings towards the doctors and nurses in the hospital at his final hours.

The chorus:
the patient is scared by the uncaring "teenagers" that could care less as long as someone'll bleed (reference to "vampires" or nurses that "suck" his blood) so darken your clothes (don't wear only the white hospital gowns) or strike a violent pose (revolt?) maybe they'll leave you alone but not me (he's not getting out of the hospital alive)

Other Lyrics:
Opening-
drugs- medication
gun- tranquilizers
he's saying not to trust the MDs (with all the lies in the books) unlike you're used to.
Second-
boys and girls in the clique- doctors and nurses
awful names- names of cancers
good4nothin'
Killjoy
good4nothin'
May 5th, 2007 at 07:16am
i think its all about gerard's anxiety attacks...
teenagers scare the living shit out of me...
maybe they'll leave you alone BUT NOT me!!
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 6th, 2007 at 08:46am
i think teenagers is kind of like im not okay(i promise) in a sense that its about the hardships of being a teenager, but im not okay was more of a fun catchy song, and teenagers is more of a message to everyone. and its cool becasue almost all age groups and everyone can relate to it. in the beggining its talking about the adults views, then it starts talking about the popular ones, then the ones that dont really fit in. but i think this song is more centered around the ones that dont fit it. the only thing i dont know is how this relates to the patient. maybe its describing how he was as a teenager? like not fitting in or something like that???? maybe it doesnt go with the theme at all...maybe its just there as a message!! hmm...i really have no clue
Demonic.
Motor Baby
Demonic.
May 6th, 2007 at 08:51am
Exactly.
billie_ardente
Fabulous Killjoy
billie_ardente
May 6th, 2007 at 10:47am
let's talk abt MCR's upcoming vidz "Teenager"!!!

when will it be due out?

and guess wat? I heard and saw Tracy Phillips is part of the "Teenager" vidz.
Apparently, she's the choreographer for the vids.

Anyway to ppl who forget and wondering who is Tracy Phillips, well she is the dead beautiful girl in "Helena" vidz.
not-a-pIEROmaniac
Killjoy
not-a-pIEROmaniac
May 6th, 2007 at 11:31am
Teenagers is about gun violence. Gerard said it himself.
katebannatyne
Killjoy
katebannatyne
May 9th, 2007 at 01:00pm
im sooryy i need to correct you all and set you in the right tracks.. gerard stated that the song is about the way that th government has an outlook on the teenagers in the worlld.. it says " they say that.. teenagers.." etc.. they are saying that teenagers arent looked at in the coorect light and in actuall fact are alll individuals and have the brains of the future.!
katebannatyne
Killjoy
katebannatyne
May 9th, 2007 at 01:16pm
well i just want to correct you all.. becasue quoted my gerard.. the song teenagers is about the view in which the government has over teenagers.. " they say dat.. teenagers.." he is saying that you shouldnt just brand all teenagers as most of them are more interlectual and sensible than you imagine.
not-a-pIEROmaniac
Killjoy
not-a-pIEROmaniac
May 12th, 2007 at 11:50am
katebannatyne:
well i just want to correct you all.. becasue quoted my gerard.. the song teenagers is about the view in which the government has over teenagers.. " they say dat.. teenagers.." he is saying that you shouldnt just brand all teenagers as most of them are more interlectual and sensible than you imagine.

You might want to get the lyrics right next time if you want to act all smart about something.
Stoked13
Fabulous Killjoy
Stoked13
May 12th, 2007 at 02:36pm
This song is about gun violence in school. It is not goth. "Darken your clothes" means to try to fit in with everyone else. But they are trying to say that you should just be yourself.
that MCR Chick
Killjoy
that MCR Chick
May 13th, 2007 at 01:30am
I think the song means that teenagers are different or should be than evryon else.
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 12:16pm
to me this is a powerful song because it shows what most teenagers are going through expecaly the ones who are considered weird or different because it says "the boys and girls in the clique the awful names at tyhe stick your never gona fit in much kid...." it tells you how mean kids these days can be
Chrissy.B.
Killjoy
Chrissy.B.
May 14th, 2007 at 09:46pm
teenagers is about how teens use drugs, cutting,and/or suicide as away of dealing with there problems, and that scares them becouse they dosn't want anyone to hurt. also about how some perants act like they care and want whats best for us we really they haven't got a clue. another thing is how kids at school make things wrost for the "out-siders" and that taking a gun to school becouse thats never a way to get even. last that there not scared of us just what we could do. Neutral
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 15th, 2007 at 01:27am
Teenagers, I think, is a pretty flexible song. (not that way. LOL)

In my opinion, it can mean exactly what it means, about teenage hardship, oppression among peers, our generation somewhat driving away from the way the rest of the world expects us to be. The trend-setting shit that people go through just to fit in, such as pretending to like something even though you know it's wrong just because it looks "cool" for your rep or something...

Ideally, it also means what Gerard says. "Don't take anyone's shit, and never let them take you alive."

Stand out, be individual. Don't become some carbon clone. If you know it's not good, it's not fucking cool.

Don't try to follow something just for the sake of being up there. Because the trend-setting idea will bring you down into a living hell. Stand up for what you know is right.

I know it's about 99.9% wrong, and it's just my opinion... so... yeah. Smile
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 15th, 2007 at 10:00pm
I think a lot of what MCR has to say involves that^^. They've always encouraged people to be themselves and keep living, no matter what. I think you've got some great ideas there, x.givEmhelLkiD.x.