Don't have an account? Create one!

Pre-Marital Sex

AuthorMessage
Simply Irresistable
Fabulous Killjoy
Simply Irresistable
March 19th, 2008 at 10:32pm
I believe not having pre-marital sex is good, but with today's society I doubt there are too many people still having that as a goal. On the other hand it's pretty sad to know that thats the reason why 1 out of every 4 teenagers has an STD.
Juliet and Romeo
Salute You in Your Grave
Juliet and Romeo
March 21st, 2008 at 10:33pm
Really, I see no difference between Pre-Marital sex and Post-Marital sex. The consiquences are all the same. You can get STD's if you're married too, I don't see why people would think just because you're married, magically, neither of you have STDs. Of course, if you are going to marry someone you should know them well enough to know that.

But people that don't believe in pre-marital sex with just go out and get married if they want to have sex. It causes teenagers to rush into marriage, and that can really effect your future since you'd feel more commited and would most likely put off college, career plans ect.

Just because you're married doesn't mean you're ready for a child. And just because you're not married doesn't mean you aren't ready for a child.

But what you do with your body is your choice, no one elses.
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 23rd, 2008 at 10:33pm
I don't believe in sex before marriage, no matter how much you want to do it. In this time and era, most people have already had sex and they'll keep on having "casual" sex or sex with their partner right up till they settle down. In my religion, we generally frown upon fornication and don't approve of it. I actually want to stay a virgin until I get married. Most people, when they see a pregnant chick and they can tell she's not married or anything, it becomes a scandal and names get attached to the girl. Yet if they don't get pregnant, people want to hear the dirty details. I don't understand society, they need to make up their mind. Then again, most people begin to accept it more, and that's fine I guess. I'm not trying to judge anyone, I personally don't care, everyone makes their own decisions. But, this is my decision.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
March 23rd, 2008 at 10:37pm
My religion does have "laws" if u can call them that against it.
But honestly, im a teenager, and i follow it.
but honestly, no one really listens to it.
stac-renee
Killjoy
stac-renee
April 1st, 2008 at 09:53am
WOULDN'T YOU HATE TO MARRY A MAN TO FIND OUT HE HAS AN ITTY-BITTY ONE. BUT IF YOU HAVE NEVER HAD SEX BEFORE YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE WOULD YOU
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 2nd, 2008 at 02:02am
^ i see your point...
but it shouldnt matter. i mean, you marry someone cos you love them, right?
my friend always says "try em before you buy em" and i really hate that saying cos it makes sex sound so cheap and wrong. when it should be something you do with someone you love or trust and for fun, pleasure and love. i just hate that saying. i have nothing agaisnt sex before marriage. as long as you are responsible Smile
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
April 12th, 2008 at 10:49pm
If you're old enough and mature enough, then it's your decision.
I think a lot of young people think it's the 'cool' thing to do these days.
As if it was a trend, and not about the love between two people.

I think pre-marital sex is your decision.
And no pressure should be involved with it.
Elsa
Fabulous Killjoy
Elsa
August 17th, 2008 at 10:35am
my parents had me out of wedlock.
13 years later they are still together.
i guess if the two people decide they want to and they are SURE they want to
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 17th, 2008 at 10:43am
LetThereBeLove:
But people that don't believe in pre-marital sex with just go out and get married if they want to have sex. It causes teenagers to rush into marriage, and that can really effect your future since you'd feel more commited and would most likely put off college, career plans ect.

Having sex is not the reason teen marry. Especially not for teens who don't believe in pre-marital sex. Teens who have those beliefs are most likely very religious and believe in more traditional values, which would include not marrying when your so young.

Just because you're married doesn't mean you're ready for a child. And just because you're not married doesn't mean you aren't ready for a child.

And just because your having sex doesn't mean you want a child. Most pre-marital sex is probably for pleasure, not for having a baby.
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 17th, 2008 at 01:59pm
In my opinion,finding the right person is most important.Someone,who you know very well and you know that you can trust.It doesn't matter if you're married to him or not.If you discover the person with a capital "p",things will be in the hands of destiny.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 17th, 2008 at 03:31pm
I agree, your first time should be with someone you love and trust, however, I also believe you shouldn't lose it to someone you think you are "in love" with. As odd as it sounds, I think the best person to lose it to, would be a close friend of the same gender, because thats a person you KNOW will respect you and take care of you during and after the experience. If you lose it to someone you "love" that person may not stay with you, and it will hurt twice as much. Most of the people I know who lost it to those types of people regret it very much, because it's sad knowing they lost it to someone who didn't regard them as special later on.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 17th, 2008 at 08:09pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
As odd as it sounds, I think the best person to lose it to, would be a close friend of the same gender, because thats a person you KNOW will respect you and take care of you during and after the experience. If you lose it to someone you "love" that person may not stay with you, and it will hurt twice as much. Most of the people I know who lost it to those types of people regret it very much, because it's sad knowing they lost it to someone who didn't regard them as special later on.
Did you mean to say the opposite gender instead of the same?
If so, what if that person doesn't have a close friend of the opposite gender?
I don't think that could work for everyone. Sex in a friendship can also complicate things, because afterwards you'd see each other differently and not every relationship will go back to what it once was.
Even though I've already lost my virginity, when it comes to sex I'd personally rather have sex with someone I'm actually interested in rather than just some friend. Sexual attraction is important (to me anyway) when it comes to sex. I think this especially matters for your first time.
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 8th, 2008 at 01:51pm
It's wrong in my mind! Did you know that over 80% of people who have sex before marriage break up?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 8th, 2008 at 03:11pm
sciencefreak897:
It's wrong in my mind! Did you know that over 80% of people who have sex before marriage break up?

I don't believe that at all. Try supporting you're arguments with facts, instead of pulling random percentages out of your head.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
September 8th, 2008 at 07:02pm
sciencefreak897:

Where do you get these stats?
80%?
I'd really like to see where you found this information.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
September 8th, 2008 at 10:33pm
Personally, I see it as an act of love, like giving yourself completely to another person, only in the physical sense, like a metaphor for love in a way. And I wouldn't want to give myself completely to another like that unless he is my husband. But I know not everyone feels this way, and that is fine. There is nothing wrong with it.

And then for me, comes in the aspect of getting pregnant and stds. Condoms nor the pill are 100% effective against preventing pregnancy, some stds(hpv) can be spread just by genital contact and not by penetration, and birth control has been proven to have serious side affects in some cases, and even been linked to things like breast cancer. It just all adds up, and it doesn't seem likes it's worth it to worry about all this stuff when I don't have to. I'm a perfectly healthy teenager, and I plan to stay that way when I have control over it. I'll care about this stuff when I'm married.

Basically what it comes down to is it is an entirely personal act that should be influenced by none except for the individuals involved. The balance between the emotion behind it and the pure physical aspect can only be judged by you.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
September 9th, 2008 at 12:52am
due to my own religious beliefs, i see pre-marital sex as wrong.
you won't get me in bed until there's a ring on my finger.
... but i won't get all up in someone's business because they disagree with me.
it's your body, your life. do what you wish.
but personally? i think waiting is the right choice.
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 9th, 2008 at 04:48pm
Eponine:
sciencefreak897:

I don't believe that at all. Try supporting you're arguments with facts, instead of pulling random percentages out of your head.

I didn't! I don't have the book in front of me, so I couldn't tell you the page, but in the book Choosing The Right Husband (my dad made me read it, since I like boys who wear eyeliner) it has a few marriage and dating facts through out the book...

P.S. It seems as if we're always aguing on here.... lol
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
September 9th, 2008 at 06:44pm
^^just because it came out of a book doest mean it's completely factual. I also have a hard time believing that fact.did it say anything a bout who preformed the study?
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
September 9th, 2008 at 07:03pm
sciencefreak897:
Eponine:
sciencefreak897:

I didn't! I don't have the book in front of me, so I couldn't tell you the page, but in the book Choosing The Right Husband (my dad made me read it, since I like boys who wear eyeliner) it has a few marriage and dating facts through out the book...

P.S. It seems as if we're always aguing on here.... lol

Assuming that that is true, does it really matter if you have sex with more than one person? Do you really have to "save yourself" for that one single person?