Don't have an account? Create one!

How To Meet Them?

AuthorMessage
poison_and_kerosene
Jazz Hands
poison_and_kerosene
February 27th, 2007 at 04:56am
x_pansy:
Ok I have a question about meeting them at airports. How on earth do people do that? Like how do you know when and where they will get off the plane? I am thinking that it would be my only chance to meet them at an airport that's all. They wouldn't bother doing like a signing here or anything

I probably shouldn't try and meet them anyway, I just know I will cry. Not hysterically but there would be tears plus I would be way to scared to go up to them and ask. I would probably just stand there looking shocked! Plus I don't just wanna shake their hand and get them to sign something, I wanna actually tell them what they mean to me...but i will never get the chance to do that and what would it matter anyway? They would get it all the time that it wouldn't mean anything

Edit: Sorry that was long and sounded really whiny... Sad

we didnt kno what time they were gonna get on the plane so we got there at 7am cuz the first flight to perth was at 8am.. they ended up gettin on like a 11:45am plane... there was only 2 days between the show here and in perth so we guessed they would be leaving on the sat so thats wen we went there...
krank
Killjoy
krank
February 27th, 2007 at 05:54pm
my friend megan and i are going to the tampa, florida show on april nineteenth. we're gonna drive to the forum as soon as school gets out, thats like at four [i hate middle school Mad] and we're just gonna wait in back. we're gonna try to convince my mom to stay after too. i don't think we'll meet them though, the forum is like huge Sad . we're gonna make them some stuff though in hope that we'll see them.

i don't know if this is spam but i have a question. do you think gerard will think we're freaky/scary if we wear a shirt like this:

[i just made these graphics when i was going pyscho because i was going to the show....]

front.
back.

if you're wondering 'the gerard experience' is a and megan, our friend klee, and i have. yeah, it's devoted to gee because he is our number one inspiration. i don't know. i thought he might think that's weird && i don't want to scare him away.
Neutral Shocked Crying or Very sad
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
February 27th, 2007 at 11:59pm
^^^ i squealed when i saw your shirt design!!! i love it!
but....must it always be about Gee? what if the other band members see that and think "it's always Gerard. what about the rest of us?"
sorry, my comment's pretty stupid. but i worry about the others feeling less loved...cus like, i love all of them equally....
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
February 28th, 2007 at 12:01am
x_pansy:
Ok I have a question about meeting them at airports. How on earth do people do that? Like how do you know when and where they will get off the plane? I am thinking that it would be my only chance to meet them at an airport that's all. They wouldn't bother doing like a signing here or anything

I probably shouldn't try and meet them anyway, I just know I will cry. Not hysterically but there would be tears plus I would be way to scared to go up to them and ask. I would probably just stand there looking shocked! Plus I don't just wanna shake their hand and get them to sign something, I wanna actually tell them what they mean to me...but i will never get the chance to do that and what would it matter anyway? They would get it all the time that it wouldn't mean anything

Edit: Sorry that was long and sounded really whiny... Sad

you know, i feel the exact same way as you. they mean so much to me, but it hurts when i think about meeting them (if i ever do) and how i'm just another fan to them and while their attention is on me for about 5 seconds, that's it. but it'll mean the world to me and nothing to them....
krank
Killjoy
krank
February 28th, 2007 at 04:57pm
rockonbaby:
^^^ i squealed when i saw your shirt design!!! i love it!
but....must it always be about Gee? what if the other band members see that and think "it's always Gerard. what about the rest of us?"
sorry, my comment's pretty stupid. but i worry about the others feeling less loved...cus like, i love all of them equally....

i seriously think about that alot && i feel really bad about it. i love them all equally too. i think i actually might change the front so it says MCR- my heroes instead of just gerard. we're making all the guys somthing too though and i really hope i can get it to them somehow. i think i'll draw them some pictures and write them something. and plus we're making a sign that says 'MCR IS OUR ANTI-DRUG'.
i know it's really orginal *sarcasm*
water cooler romance
Jazz Hands
water cooler romance
March 1st, 2007 at 06:29am
When we have their concert in here Finland, I'm going to wait there few days before the concert. I might see them but I'm on the line so... it's hard to get autograph or anything because I have to keep my place. Perhaps after the concert I'll have a change to get some photos and stuff, but then there's too much fans to get near. I really want to meet MCR, they're not coming here every day - or even every year. I'm afraid there'll be some fans who might attack and scream too loud. I wish fans could be smarter and do not scare guys away.

(Oh my gosh, I can't believe my English is that bad! o__O)

x_pansy I feel the same way! I'm just too shy going talk to them even I'd someday have a change.
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
March 1st, 2007 at 09:17am
I wanna meet them today soooooooooooooooo badly. ;___; Any tips? They're at the Allstate.
YourMistake
Fabulous Killjoy
YourMistake
March 1st, 2007 at 01:01pm
Wow, this thing is annoying, I wrote alot, then got logged out, and it would'nt summit....well here it goes again.

So yea....the 26th I saw them in cleveland, awsome show. 2nd time i've seen them now. Well afterward we (me and my friend, and her little sister) and my bro (who took us) let us stay to meet them. So, we found the buses (which were in the back of the venue) and when we got there the only one out was Zach? (not sure if that's his name, but yea the bald one...) from Rise Against, signing and posing with ppl. He seemed kool, and I got a pic with him. But I fell bad for him cause ppl were like "so when's mcr coming out", poor guy. But anyway, Rise Against is great live. So then he went away after a bit. We waited for about an hour, and the equ. trucks were loading up and we saw Frank (from up on the hill, were the guard (who looked like santa) made us all stand) smoke a cig. and get on the bus. Then we waited some more, my bro was getting inpatient though, and made us leave. So, yea I don't know if they came out or not. I'm soooo freaking pissed off at my bro right now, I rode in silence on the way home, while sitting covered in mud (yea, everyone fell down the hill in front of the parking lot, which was slippery with mud....pretty funny to watch actually), and then cried and cried when I got home. Hopefully May 1st I will get to see them again, and ACTUALLY MEET THEM. But hey, if you want to meet them I say go for it, it's not hard....if they actually come out.

I shall post some pix of the concert later, so bye bye for now.

-Heather
Her Voice Resides.
Demolition Lover
Her Voice Resides.
March 5th, 2007 at 08:43am
^ Well, you got to go the concert, and I'm sure it was awesome even though you didn't meet them Smile And yes, please post some pics Smile

And I'd love to meet them, that would be the best day of my life if I did. But I doubt that I ever will.
But when I'm seeing them in June I'll try my best to meet them Very Happy But it depends on who I'm going with, if they're willing to wait for hours to maybe meet them xP
Tezzy_pants
Jazz Hands
Tezzy_pants
March 5th, 2007 at 10:07am
I've met them
three times
and i gave them all ribena apartfrom frank but thats a different story Razz
mcrmegan
Killjoy
mcrmegan
March 5th, 2007 at 10:56am
i'm going to see mcr in Columbus may 1st and I'm so excited and i really wanna meat them but the chance is prolly about as big as my chances of being a rock star...anyone been to see them and got to meet them easily? don't wanna get me hopes up...
Tezzy_pants
Jazz Hands
Tezzy_pants
March 6th, 2007 at 03:41pm
mcrmegan:
i'm going to see mcr in Columbus may 1st and I'm so excited and i really wanna meat them but the chance is prolly about as big as my chances of being a rock star...anyone been to see them and got to meet them easily? don't wanna get me hopes up...

I have always just waited, politely for them for come out after the show... try that, if peple are being too 'fangirlish' chances are they wont come out
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 10th, 2007 at 07:20am
This is going to sound daft, but I'm not sure whether or not I really want to meet them (as in standing outside after a concert). I'm 27 and feel like I would stick out a mile and I'll be on my own.
When I go to the Birmingham (UK) gig I'm flying down from Aberdeen and not flying back until the next morning, I have to check-in at 6am so it's not worth getting a hotel (and I can't afford it), so I would just be lingering around the airport anyway, then I figured I may as well wait outside the venue just incase they come out.
I really have mixed feelings about it, they have made such an incredible impact on my life that will stay with me forever, I just don't know what I would say, I'm not into getting autographs or photos or anything like that *actually I have no idea what I'm trying to say - gets slightly confused*
But I've never, ever heard a bad thing about anyones experience of meeting them, except for the venue security (which is really unusual for a band).
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
March 10th, 2007 at 12:01pm
^ you should make friends with people who are waiting too =].
seriously, the majority of people you meet in queues are really nice and it's cool to make new friends, and you could ask them if it's okay you hang out with them since you're on your own. you're bound to meet loads of cool people!
when i went, and i was waiting to meet the band afterwards, this random dude standing beside me just waved at me, and said 'hug?' so i ended up hugging this really hot stranger. it was pretty cool. Wink. heh.
and if you do meet the band, just say whatever comes naturally. like, tell them that you enjoyed the show [if you meet them afterwards] or that you're looking forward to the show [if you meet them before]. ask them how they are. oo, and you could ask to shake their hand or ask for hugs. it sounds kinda lame. but frank gives awesome hugs. apparently rays a good hugger too.
DoOrDieJailbird
Killjoy
DoOrDieJailbird
March 12th, 2007 at 09:45pm
how many hours before the actual concert does my chem out, or do they not come out by the tour bus before at all?
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
March 13th, 2007 at 09:35am
Burn all the Empires:
This is going to sound daft, but I'm not sure whether or not I really want to meet them (as in standing outside after a concert). I'm 27 and feel like I would stick out a mile and I'll be on my own.

I'm 27 too, and I'm going with a 29 and 30 year old. I don't care, we're the same ages as the guys in the band. I wanna just say hi to them, say a big thank you and get a handshake. I don't do autographs, either.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 13th, 2007 at 10:14am
Hey Beeblebrox!
Yay - someone the same age as me! (I don't feel quite as old as the couple in your ava now!).
I think I will stay out, I know I'll kick myself if I don't (although I'm going to see them 6 times this year, so I've got more than one chance). Like you said I really just want to say Hi, sounds daft but it's true, and everyone seems to have good stories about meeting them.

AND:

Hey Mrs Halloween!
Thanks for that as well, you're right about meeting people when I'm there, although MCR will probably think half of them are my kids! And if I gave Frank a hug I'd probably squash him, because he's only little (don't worry I'll try not to!).

Hope everyone enjoys their shows and good luck meeting them, please update any stories you have!
YourMistake
Fabulous Killjoy
YourMistake
March 13th, 2007 at 12:27pm
I agree with the posts above. The alot of the ppl waiting were really nice, I actually had alot of fun waiting .
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 13th, 2007 at 12:39pm
YourMistake

Does that mean you got to meet them? I hope you did, please let us know!
*gets all excited and goes slightly green*
Wanja
In a Hail of Bullets
Wanja
March 13th, 2007 at 01:32pm
I'm gonna wait outside till they come out..Hope that works..