Don't have an account? Create one!

Kill All Your Friends

AuthorMessage
red_and_black
Killjoy
red_and_black
June 1st, 2008 at 11:53am
I think it's saying that you can't run away from your past, and your pst will always catch up with you.

But the past ain't through with you.

And because if one of your mates dies, you get back together with people you haven't seen for ages, and re-live your past.... and the choices you make now will affect the rest of your life. Mr. Green
Rapunzelrr
Killjoy
Rapunzelrr
June 3rd, 2008 at 05:48pm
This song is probably one of my favorites. I think it's about a friend (possibly the girl Gerard sings about in I'm Not Okay) who was great and did something really bad to piss off Gerard (you can sleep in a coffin/but the past ain't through with you) and they stop talking for a really long time until one of their friends die and they both go to the funeral (and we all wanna party when the funeral ends) and possibly get into in an arguement but start reminissing about old times (we are all a bunch of animals that never paid attention in school) and end up fighting again but Gerard shrugs hr off (you'll never take me alive)
Scartist
Jazz Hands
Scartist
June 6th, 2008 at 09:31am
I think this whole song is really sarcastic.
I think it's directed at the kind of people who pretend to be depressed in order to get attention and say they will kill themselves to blackmail someone.
Every line gets a meaning in that context and I think it would make sense because the media keeps saying MCR is emo and Gerard said emo is a pile of shit.
Xx_MCR_xXlove you!
Killjoy
Xx_MCR_xXlove you!
June 6th, 2008 at 01:45pm
Yeh i think it si about in High School being mean to Gerard
Corroded Keri
Killjoy
Corroded Keri
June 11th, 2008 at 11:19am
Scartist:
I think this whole song is really sarcastic.
I think it's directed at the kind of people who pretend to be depressed in order to get attention and say they will kill themselves to blackmail someone.
Every line gets a meaning in that context and I think it would make sense because the media keeps saying MCR is emo and Gerard said emo is a pile of shit.

I agree. My friend and I also think the song might be about Gerard's peers in high school moving away and doing things with their lives (not that Gerard isnt ^^)
and then they all come back for a death (my friend says that he might means his own emotional death.[possible his narcotics adiction]) and as soon as the sadness of the funeral is done, no one cares because it's not like they can do anything else. so they just party. either that or they want to party so they can celebrate the life the person had instead of the fact that that life came to an end ^^

Oh..I also like how at the beggining of the song sounds like he's putting on a show. It makes me feel like he's trying to say that it's all for us-the show i mean. i know, im crazy. eiter that or he just felt like doing that cause he's Gerard..and he's cool like that ^^

Mr. Green
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
June 13th, 2008 at 01:15pm
my bf's little bro got in trouble for this song because it says "kill" So funny, by unnessessary
Auntie-Shin
Killjoy
Auntie-Shin
July 1st, 2008 at 05:34pm
Melodramatic.:
'Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends
(Ba ba ba ba ba baaa)
And we all get together when we bury our friends
(Ba ba ba, ba ba baaa)
Its been 8 bitter years since I’ve been seeing your face
(Ba ba ba, ba ba baaa)
And you’re walking away,
And I will die in this place

The first part sounds like a popularity contest. But I don't know. >___>
And the last part is either him being sarcastic or serious about him being attached to somebody?
Or something?
Wait no. Maybe his "friends" are actually his addictions.

O_____O!

yeah i think this person is rite cuz he prolly did wanna "bury" his addictions and "we all get together when we bury our friends" mite refer to his wanting to come clean
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
July 1st, 2008 at 09:00pm
In my opinion, this song is about a person overcoming the demons in their past; and not always using the best means to do so.

Well you can hide a lot about yourself
But honey, what're you gonna do?
And you can sleep in a coffin
But the past ain't through with you

I think the first verse introduces the concept of trying to run away from and ignore the troubles in your past ( "...You can sleep in a coffin / But the past ain't through with you" )

'Cause we are all a bunch of liars
Tell me, baby, who do you wanna be?
And we are all about to sell it
'Cause it's tragic with a capital "T"
Let it be, let it be, let it be!

I think this verse talks about putting on a tough act to cover up how much you're hurting inside; trying to fool the rest of the world into thinking you're okay " "Tell me, baby, who do you wanna be?" ).

'Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends
(Ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba)
And we all get together when we bury our friends
(Ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba)
It's been eight bitter years since I've been seeing your face
(Ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba)
And you're walking away, and I will die in this place

The chorus talks about just one problem someone could face in their life; the loss of someone they love very much, and how they arn't quite strong enough to go on living without them ( "It's been eight bitter years since I've been seeing your face ... And you're walking away, and I will die in this place" ).

Sometimes you scrape and sink so low
I'm shocked at what you're capable of
And if this is a coronation
I ain't feeling the love

Talking about the ridiculous lenghts people will go in order to fit in and be accepted by their peers ( "Sometimes you scrape and sink so low / I'm shocked at what you're capable of" ). Some people could relate to how being "popular" doesn't make you truly happy ( "And if this is a coronation / I ain't feeling the love" ).

'Cause we're all a bunch of animals
That never paid attention in school
So tell me all about your problems
I was killing before killing was cool
You're so cool, you're so cool, so cool!

Maybe talking again about acting out and trying to do all the wrong things in order to get attention or affection.

You'll never take me alive
You'll never take me alive
Do what it takes to survive
'Cause I'm still here ...

Finally coming to terms with all the problems and hardships in your life, and becoming a better and stronger person because of them; "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger"?

Anyway, that's how I see it. Love this song <33
kOaLaS?!
Killjoy
kOaLaS?!
July 1st, 2008 at 09:31pm
I think this song has a few different meanings, but what I noticed the most is it seems to be about how people will use a tragedy in their life to get attention, but then once they get what they want, they act as if nothing happened.
[we all wanna party when the funeral ends]
prettyxpainfull
Killjoy
prettyxpainfull
July 5th, 2008 at 01:40am
Well, it's no like it makes me want to kill all my friends, so . . . . that's a plus side!! I guess. . . . seriously though, it's not like I have any friends to kill. . . .
Vampires!
Fabulous Killjoy
Vampires!
July 23rd, 2008 at 10:46pm
This song made me cry. It's a long story. In 3rd grade I would have kids to tell me to kill myself. I almost did.

I’m shocked at what you’re capable of

You’ll never take me alive, you’ll never take me alive
[bold]Do what it takes to survive 'cause I’m still here[/bold]

To me this song means to not take anyones shit and keep going.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
July 27th, 2008 at 04:52am
i think it's about how hypocritical people are like you think you're friends but the only time you catch up is when a mutal friend dies if you get what i'm saying like and soon it'll be too late cause one of you is gonna die ("and I will die in this place"Wink
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
July 29th, 2008 at 12:59am
I think it may actualy be about friends meeting when friends die. like a message being sent in it is that during your friends death you get to see your otheer friends. maybe thats why the song is called kill all your friends.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 31st, 2008 at 10:48am
red_and_black:
I think it's saying that you can't run away from your past, and your pst will always catch up with you.

But the past ain't through with you.

I completely agree.
But not only just running away from the past and it catching up with you, but that you have to face the past and learn from your mistakes. On another level I think it has to do with how all humans relate to each other. The concept of only seeing your friends when someone has died is something that a lot of people can relate to, what with all the murder and death you see in the word today. That people don't connect like they used (perhaps because they are desensitized) and that death and tragedy brings people together.
I actually kind of agree with everyone's interpretations. I think it's all of it rolled into one.
xFLYINGxMCRxSOULx
Killjoy
xFLYINGxMCRxSOULx
August 2nd, 2008 at 08:26pm
I Think that this song is about everyone really. It's talking about how i guess after like high school we all just split up and go our seperate ways. Then he's talkin about how we only get together when we go to our friends funeral/wedding. (8,9,10 bitter years) And then finally at that funeral or wedding, at the end of it we all turn and walk away from our friends again...
HeartShapedHate
Killjoy
HeartShapedHate
August 3rd, 2008 at 02:41am
i think the song is saying something like 'your friend's friends and you might not know each other that well or might not get on, but when that person dies, you all put your differences aside'. Also, however bad the world seems, people can pull together when somthing terrible does happen.
it does also seem to say that high school sucks, and the people there seem to suck, but they won't be with you forever.
i_promis_u_im_not_ok
Killjoy
i_promis_u_im_not_ok
August 8th, 2008 at 09:01am
well gerard obviously isnt telling us to go kill our friends any random person can see the title of this song and b like "how horrible is that" gerards trieng to tell us something trying to show us reality how much some people dont care "cause they all want to party when the funeral ends"
we_r_4evr_parading06
Killjoy
we_r_4evr_parading06
August 8th, 2008 at 08:46pm
This one sounds a bit like how high school is portrayed and 'burying' or 'killing' your friends could be related to alcoholism or drug addiction and at the time it doesn't seem like a big deal at all until you look back on it 8, 9, or 10 years later and you're like, "whoa...why?", you know?
VyxnVamp
Killjoy
VyxnVamp
August 19th, 2008 at 01:37am
i think that this song is kind of about how although many of are individuals we're also all the same because of how the media is forcing us to be 'perfect'. and also what people have said about before, to do with his school past.

'Well you can hide a lot about yourself,
But honey, what're you gonna do?'

this suggests the fact that although we can pretend to be someone and hide, we might not know what to do afterwards, and how to keep it up

'And you can sleep in a coffin,
But the past ain't through with you.'

this means that although you could be dead, people are gonna remember you as what you appeared on the outside, or maybe relates to suicide: even if you end your life, you could just end up in hell reliving it when you were just trying to escape from it.

'Cause we are all a bunch of liars.
Tell me, baby, who do you wanna be?'

were all pretending to be someone we're not, so you could be anyone...

'And we are all about to sell it,
'Cause it's tragic with a capital T.
Let it be, Let it be, Let it be!'

uh i don't get that.. whoopsSmile

'Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends.
(Ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba)
And we all get together when we bury our friends.
(Ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba)
It's been eight bitter years since I've been seeing your face.
(Ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba)
And you're walking away, and I will die in this place.'

well the ba-ba-ba bits are like people all singing together, like a crowd. it says all a lot which symbolizes the togetherness and the unindividuality the media is controlling people with, and relates to death as in the death of your soul, and not being yourself. It's been eight bitter years since I've been seeing your face is like the school bit, because your stuck with the same people for years. you're walking away, and I will die in this place mens that someones left him on his own, and doesn't know how hes going to manage.

'Sometimes you scrape and sink so low,
I'm shocked at what you're capable of.'

what the media can do, and how they place the blame on the innocent and change people. a good example being us fans an 'emo death cult', and young girls trying to be like celebs who are too false.

'And if this is a coronation,
I ain't feeling the love.'

as in people who finally become close to 'perfect' have tried so hard and are sad inside but cant let it show, and there are people who despise kids like that, so they're not all appreciated.

'Cause we are all a bunch of animals
That never paid attention in school.'

like they didn't do well enough to get a job, so try and make a living out of doing something useless and nothing that helps. the animal bit refers to being bullied and not acting civil.

'So tell me all about your problems;
I was killing before killing was cool.
You're so cool, You're so cool, So cool!'

its like hes mocking them saying: 'well now you know how i felt, and we're all the same. you're no cooler than i am'.

then chorus again, which has been explained.

'You'll never take me alive.
You'll never take me alive.
Do what it takes to survive,
'Cause I'm still here.'

like: 'i wont give in, I'll fight for what i believe in' survive means that its difficult to fit in, and he wont give in to it.

well thats my theory anywaySmile
House_Of_Wolves.
Killjoy
House_Of_Wolves.
August 25th, 2008 at 03:03pm
prettyxpainfull:
Well, it's no like it makes me want to kill all my friends, so . . . . that's a plus side!! I guess. . . . seriously though, it's not like I have any friends to kill. . . .

trust me, I know what that's like. but luckily, God has gifted me with two amaaazing friends! welcome to INO, btw!

i think that kill all your friends is a kind of letter that the patient wrote before he died. his friends never had the guts to tell him they didn't love him, and he knew it. I don't think "kill" is literal; it probably meant that he was just forgetting his friends and burying them in his past. we would want to party when we're done leaving our so-called friends because we're free of the burden. they aren't good for you, so just bury them. they would do the same to you.

wow, whenever I comment on these song meanings, i always say more about myself than i mean lol