Don't have an account? Create one!

Kill All Your Friends

AuthorMessage
Rosey203
Jazz Hands
Rosey203
February 8th, 2007 at 01:17pm
I think this song is about all the jerks Gerard knew in High School who were horrid to him know wanting to be his friend because hes famous and could meet other famous people and will have money etc.....
Jyulin
Shotgun Sinner
Jyulin
February 10th, 2007 at 02:59am
I haven't heard the song, mainly due to the fact that I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?
hunting for witches.
Always Born a Crime
hunting for witches.
February 10th, 2007 at 02:21pm
I think I can agree with pretty much most of the people in here when I say this song sounds exactly like

HIGH SCHOOL.
hunting for witches.
Always Born a Crime
hunting for witches.
February 10th, 2007 at 02:21pm
Jyulin:
I haven't heard the song, mainly due to the fact that I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

iTunes has it, but if you can't use that LimeWire probably has it as well.
Jyulin
Shotgun Sinner
Jyulin
February 11th, 2007 at 08:38pm
CEMETARYkid__x:
Jyulin:

iTunes has it, but if you can't use that LimeWire probably has it as well.

Cool. Got it. Thanks Thumb up
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
February 12th, 2007 at 08:43pm
"You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison-
Life is but a dream for the dead,
And well I, I won't go down by myself,
But I'll go down with my friends.
Now now now now... (I can't explain)
Now now now... (I can't complain)
Now now, yeah!"

These are the last lyrics of Guys like us in prison... does anyone see the connection I'm picking up on? ...but I'll go down with my friends?
What do you think... relation or co-incidence?
TheFailingHero
Killjoy
TheFailingHero
February 12th, 2007 at 09:29pm
Actually I believe that this song can be applied to both Gerard and his drug addiction and his high school days and the story of the Patient.

In relation to Gerards past Drug addictions, the "friends" mentioned in the song could be a reference to them and he and others celebrtate when they "kill" their addictions.

Likewise the song can be a whole bit of sarcasm in reference to fake high school friends and means one alike.

For now however I want to dive into the possibility of this song falling in line with the story of the Patient. My take of the story is only able to exist if you subscribe to the theroy that the Patiene does not actually die but his lover does instead. If so the whole song is about her really. I'm going to break the song down a few lines at a time to show some of my ideas.

"Well you can hide a lot about yourself
But honey what are you gonna do?
And you can sleep in a coffin,"

-The Patienet might of found something about his lover that she hid from him but she's now dead so there's nothing neither him nor her can do about it.

"But the past ain’t through with you
'Cause we are all a bunch of liars,
Tell me baby who do you wanna be?"

-Maybe whatever was found out is being the subject of gossip and whatever it is is being turned into something different

"And we are all about to sell it
'Cause its tragic with a capital ‘T’
Let it be, Let it be, Let it be"

-This can be another reference to the gossip

"Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends
And we all get together when we bury our friends"

-This can be a sacastic remark about how everyone got together for the death of his lover but when he was very ill not many people came to him.

"Its been 8 bitter years since I’ve been seeing your face
And you’re walking away,
And I will die in this place"

-We jump to the future and the Patienet misses his lover and is being haunted by her image and is depressed or might even die because of her.

"Sometimes your scraping sinks so low,
I’m shocked at what you’re capable of"

-This is back at the funeral possible and is a reference to whatever the patiene found out.

"And if this is a coronation,
I ain’t feeling the love'

-At the funeral the coronation is maybe elevating the dead person by talking about all the good they did (Possibly with the 'words [he] thought [he's] never speak') and putting them on high. But the Patient isn't feeling any of that or good feelings at this funeral.

"Cause we’re all a bunch of animals,
And never paid attention in school"

-Talking about the people attending the funeral

"So tell me all about your problems,
I was killing before killing was cool
You’re so cool, you’re so cool, so cool

-Talking to either the people at the funeral and saying he was backstabbing or nt being true to his friends [killing them] before it was cool to be like that. Or it can be a line directed towards the Patient's lover. Killing is cool now and because she is killing him on the inside she is so cool.

"You’ll never take me alive, you’ll never take me alive
Do what it takes to survive 'cause I’m still here
You’ll never get me alive, you’ll never take me alive
Do what it takes to survive and I’m still here
You’ll never take me alive, you’ll never get me alive.
Do what it takes to survive and I’m still here
You’ll never get me (get me), you’ll never take me (take me)
You'll never get me alive."

-The Patient could be saying he's doing what it takes to survive and could be showing his unwillingness to die.

"It's been 10 fucking years since
I’ve been seeing your face round here,
And you’re walking away and I will drown in the fear"

-Even farther into the future than before. And he is now drowning in fear. What of? Maybe of death or maybe of never seeing her again or of something else.

Ok this has been a long post... Well these are just a few ideas I have relating this song to the story of the Patient where it takes place at the same time as Famous Last Words at his lover's funeral and then 8 and 10 years after it.
Batman.
Jazz Hands
Batman.
February 12th, 2007 at 10:01pm
I always thought this song was about how your not supposed to let your friends drag you down with them, but whatever. Gosh, I feel like and idiot amongst all you deep thinkers xD

[When I was listening to this one day, my friend was like "Watcha listening to?' and she picked up my Ipod and when she saw the song title she was like O_O]
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
February 13th, 2007 at 01:19pm
dread_cry999:
"You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison-
Life is but a dream for the dead,
And well I, I won't go down by myself,
But I'll go down with my friends.
Now now now now... (I can't explain)
Now now now... (I can't complain)
Now now, yeah!"

These are the last lyrics of Guys like us in prison... does anyone see the connection I'm picking up on? ...but I'll go down with my friends?
What do you think... relation or co-incidence?

hm that's interesting. maybe there is a connection..but it might be a coincidence too because i also noticed that MCR likes to "re-use" some phrases. like "carry on" is used in welcome to the black parade, mama, helena, and thank you for the venom. but hey, it's an idea.
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
February 13th, 2007 at 01:26pm
natasha:
I like to pretend its about a lonely man who's old friend died and all the old friends get together and after the funeral they party and catch up. but then its over and hes lonely again so he goes and kills another friend. etc. nya.'
its a btrack

yeah i was thinking something similar to this. i heard about a girl who's mom died, and at the funeral she saw this guy she loved or something, and then she killed her sister to see if he would go back to the cemetary. so i was thinking that maybe the song is about a guy who hasn't seen this girl in a really long time, and he thinks that if he kills some of their closest friends he would see her again, but she never comes so he just keeps killing. ("it's been 8/9/10 bitter years since i've been seeing your face"Wink the problem with this theory is what would the "you'll never take me alive/do what it takes to survive" lines have to do with this?
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
February 14th, 2007 at 12:46am
Demolition_Lovr:
I always thought this song was about how your not supposed to let your friends drag you down with them, but whatever. Gosh, I feel like and idiot amongst all you deep thinkers xD

Eh. I thought about this as a possibility too. That's why I said earlier [wth...it's like internet o.O] that it was about getting out of Jersey. Or something like it anyray. Shifty
TheAngeloftheDevil
Killjoy
TheAngeloftheDevil
February 14th, 2007 at 01:03pm
In my opinion the song is about gerard's life as a teenager and then the reflections about it. Maybe its about fake friends from past that were "true ones" but after some time they seem unworthy of trust and ...welll they became in his eyes enemies, people who wanted to destroy him but they loose the battle.
drexi
Banned
drexi
February 15th, 2007 at 03:41am
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs:
well that does make a lot of sense ...
i thought it was about death (duh! XD) but how people are such hipocrites, and liars, and nobody really cares about one another and only get together when theres like a funeral...and also how they dont really want to be there and they just wanna party after the damn funeral cuz they dont give a fuck ....thats basically what i thought. ..which i think is very true...

but then again i guess it also goes with the h.s. thing ^^

oops forgot to say that i think its called "kill all your friends" because maybe since thats the only time peoeple get together, they should kill their friends ^^u ..and for example the patient is seing how hipocrite and lame his friends are and just thinks friends should be killed?

i never really thought about it but your theory sounds very true.
clumsy heart.
Banned
clumsy heart.
February 15th, 2007 at 12:56pm
I think this song is about high school and hollywood-type people and how fake they are and how they pretend to be friends with one another but they really hate eachother and are only looking out for themselfs.

so its pretty much about modern day society.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 16th, 2007 at 10:18am
I kinda think it's a mix of bitterness about high school(ironic he was a nerd cuz now he's like a sex god to so many teen girls), and about the fake friends who get you try to pull you down, "you'll never take me alive"but will come to your funeral and shed fake tears. or something like that.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 16th, 2007 at 10:28am
Oh yeah, and I added this song to my myspace just yesterday, so..yeah.
MCR Way Bros
Jazz Hands
MCR Way Bros
February 16th, 2007 at 05:23pm
I think it's about how death doesn't affect you until it's actually happening to you.
The patient is remembering high school when his friends died from drug overdoses or car crashes or stuff like and it didn't seem to affect him and he would "party when a funeral ends" Once he is an actual dieing cancer patient, he remembers how long it was since he actually saw his friends.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 17th, 2007 at 06:41am
xXxLadyofSorrowXxX:
Oh yeah, and I added this song to my myspace just yesterday, so..yeah.
grrr...it got deleted. Evil or Very Mad hate when that happens..
Plasmatic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Plasmatic.
February 18th, 2007 at 02:07am
xXxLadyofSorrowXxX:
I kinda think it's a mix of bitterness about high school(ironic he was a nerd cuz now he's like a sex god to so many teen girls), and about the fake friends who get you try to pull you down, "you'll never take me alive"but will come to your funeral and shed fake tears. or something like that.

i fully agree with you here.
the lyrics are just pointing in that direction [from my point of view]
but mind you, the song can be taken so many different ways.
like so many others!
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
February 18th, 2007 at 09:28am
Well you can hide a lot about yourself/But honey what are you gonna do?
And you can sleep in a coffin/But the past ain’t through with you

-now that Gerard and guys are famous, they can only try their best to keep their private lives private, but people are desperate to know everything bout them, and in the end they cant hide that much.
-the coffin-part; like even if you knowgo back to your home and hide, people still want to know bout you, still want to see you just cause you're a star.
; and, when Gerard had addictions once, even he recovered from them, they still are a part of his life. they'll always be there-> "past aint through with you"

'Cause we are all a bunch of liars/Tell me baby who do you wanna be?
-basicly its that their fans want to make them into these great, bigger beings than just average guys who play well and got lucky.

'Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends
And we all get together when we bury our friends
Its been 8/9/10 (fucking) bitter years since I’ve been seeing your face

-im not sure what the 'funeral' is metaphore to, bu i feel like this is just saying that if MCR dies out/stops playing, all those fakers around them sure will cry fake tears for them and be so sorry and sad and stuff, but then.. they'll move on to another party, be fakers to another band that is big.
and the years that go on.. tell that sure, NOW that they are big and famous, they're good enough for all those people who looked down at them in high school and so on. NOW those people want to be friends, pretend that they were friends all along.
-and also bout addictions, they can any time rise their ugly faces and then Gerard goes like," didnt i deal with you already" -> its been 8/9/10 years since ive been seeing..

Sometimes your scraping sinks so low/I’m shocked at what you’re capable of
And if this is a coronation/I ain’t feeling the love
'Cause we’re all a bunch of animals/And never paid attention in school

-they are shocked at what people will do just to get a piece of them, shocked at people wanting to be their friends just cause they are famous.
-they dont want to be made into any rockgods, at least not this way, not by people who really dont care and are just faking it all. cause in the end they are just normal guys, "bunch of animals" like normal, goofy, mistakes-making guys are.

So tell me all about your problems/ I was killing before killing was cool
You’re so cool, you’re so cool, so cool

- irony here. they dont really care for problems of fakers who dont care bout them.
- they were the same guys before they became big, but its NOW that people think they're cool.

You’ll never take me alive, you’ll never take me alive
Do what it takes to survive 'cause I’m still here
You’ll never get me alive, you’ll never take me alive...

-those fakers cant turn these guys into what they want to, they wont change them; they wont let it happen, cause for them its not for the fame.
- aand also bout addictions; Gerard saying that he wont let them bring him down anymore, it over, he's gonna survive.

thats what i think.
edit: and the title; Kill all your friends..
-"kill" those fakers, fakefriends
-kill addiction, that bring you comfort for a while but in a long run make you more miserable.