Don't have an account? Create one!

Kill All Your Friends

AuthorMessage
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
August 26th, 2008 at 03:44am
i pretty much agree with everone here, its kinda everyone rolled up together and thats the meaning.
this is one of my favourite songs by them, and really shows my life right now, i even used some of the lyrics on my painting for VA!
i thinks its about high school and all the horrible things that people do in order to become popular or something that they want. And then it doesnt work, or they get sick of it and try to come back as if nothing happened but their old friends refect them and they realise they have to deal with what they did to their old friends to move on.
McR-Dead!-Hearse
Killjoy
McR-Dead!-Hearse
August 27th, 2008 at 03:53am
read my opinion.thanks
point: I haven't read all of the ideas on this site.
I personally think that it's about losing friends one after another.
one issue of Gerard's books is "We only meet eachother at weddings and funerals." , this is similar to the meaning of this song.
(with a little help I've read somewhere!.)

this song says that nowadays, you and your friends, don't have time to see eachother as much as you should, life doesn't give the chance to be with friends, so you just meet your friends when one of them dies, you and the other friends of you, come to his funeral, and again, live your own life, you don't meet your friends anymore, until one of them dies, and you HAVE TO go to his funeral and there, you meet the others.
"And you can sleep in a coffin,
But the past ain't through with you."
*star* : you tell your dead friend : "OK, you're dead, you go and sleep in your coffin forever, but notice that you were not the last one, there are still many other friends who should die after you , and this is a repetitive story, it never ends....."
"
'Cause we are all a bunch of liars.
Tell me, baby, who do you wanna be?
And we are all about to sell it,
'Cause it's tragic with a capital T.
Let it be, Let it be, Let it be!"
well, it says that the amount of death of his friends is over-death! (tragic with a capital T)
and you don't want it, you're sick and tired of seeing your old friends die and when you arrive in his house, you're late and you enter to his funeral.
you don't like it at all and you wanna have a party when the misery ends, but you never have the time to have a party, cuz another friend dies again.

And you're walking away, and I will die in this place.

he says that all of his friends leave him in his freind's funeral, but they don't know that the next one is who, maybe themselves or maybe the singer, ....he will die in this place and the friends will come to his funeral(in future)
(this song is also about high-school life....ugh...for me,the worst part of my life is high-school time, I'm just in grade 2, how can I stand 3 years???!!!)

You'll never take me alive.
Do what it takes to survive,
'Cause I'm still here.
You'll never get me alive

hey !!! be careful!!!! you still have me, don't go and don't forget me, I don't want you to leave me and just come to my funeral, if now you go, you'll never come back to see me again, and when you'll come, I will be dead then, so, hurry up, until now, we all missed our friends and we lost them one after another, but you can still be with me [as "YOU" can be 1 person or some of his friends]
don't lose the time, we can change it, we can have a good time before our funerals..."you'll never get me alive, do what it takes to survive"....if you leave me, I will die , so until I'm still here, you can change the fortune and protract the lifetime of being with eachother.

"10 fucking years" shows his anger, cuz although he was telling his friend(s) all the story and the miserable future of this acting, but he(they) left him again, didn't notice at what he told,they didn't accept.
the story continues and after the leaving of his friend(s), he feels empty and dreadful, he feels alone, and tell them that now you're going, I will drown in the fear....
means that, I will be alone and coward forever, and I will die in the sea of fear.

again too long!!!
I hope you like it.
DemolitonLover
Killjoy
DemolitonLover
August 29th, 2008 at 11:41am
when i read the first comment that made sence (it still does) but when i got the umbrella academy the lyrics of this song made sence. so to me i think of it about the umbrella academy....maybe im wrong.
GeewhoreAGAIN-
Killjoy
GeewhoreAGAIN-
September 3rd, 2008 at 10:42pm
i think its just about his high school years, how shit they were,
XmychildishromanceX
Killjoy
XmychildishromanceX
September 4th, 2008 at 03:36am
hmm... i agree. the first comment did make a lot of sense.

this is kind of a hard song to interpret for me. i kinda always this thought that is was about his addiction to drugs, those being his "friends".

And we all wanna party when the funeral ends
(ba ba ba ba ba ba)
And we all get together when we bury our friends
(ba ba ba ba ba ba)
It's been 8 bitter years since I've seen your face
(ba ba ba ba ba ba)
And your walking away
And I will die in this place

idk. i kinda always had a thought that it was when he wassobering up, he was missing the drugs at first, finally getting used to the fact he was clean and stuff. but i could be wrong. i always had thought that for a while, but maybe i am just weird like that. any agreement here?
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 4th, 2008 at 02:15pm
I think it's more of, people have been jerks to him, but now he's a rockstar, people start being nice and crap...
MychemicalRomance33
Killjoy
MychemicalRomance33
September 27th, 2008 at 06:54pm
Yep your right Its all about Gerard's high school life about the bullies picking on him at his high school and all fitting In and the students all killing each other and there friends for no reason. I guess Gerard wrote that song! I love that song it should of been on the Black parade!
scary_mary91
Killjoy
scary_mary91
October 15th, 2008 at 12:52pm
I think it is basicaly about life and how it tells you wat is going to happen on your trail through life.

Like the first verse is talking about how u lie about ur self but then ur past will come out of no where and prove to u who u really are.

and then the one part where Gee says " I was killing b4 killing was cool" he's saying he was an out cast b4 all the rocker stuff bcame cool(u kno wat i mean by all this?)
bleeding_rose
Killjoy
bleeding_rose
October 18th, 2008 at 10:00pm
we all have that friend we hate and i think this song is an example of that hence the " 'cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends" thats what i think but i have a tendency to be wrong
bleeding_rose
Killjoy
bleeding_rose
October 18th, 2008 at 10:01pm
we all have that friend we hate and i think this song is an example of that hence the " 'cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends" thats what i think but i have a tendency to be wrong
bleeding_rose
Killjoy
bleeding_rose
October 18th, 2008 at 10:01pm
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
November 11th, 2008 at 07:23pm
maybe it is about a backstabbing friend who died and everyone was happy about it.
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
December 7th, 2008 at 05:38pm
First of all, someone might've already said the things I am going to say now, if so - then I'm sorry. I just couldn't bring myself to read all 12 pages. Also, sorry if I explain crappy, it's hard to explain things in another language.

Anyway, I think that the whole song is about someone who kills his friends to get to meet someone at the funerals, someone who he has common friends with. He's obviously mentally disturbed, so instead of just picking up the phone and calling her, he kills the people she knows well enough to attend their funerals.
"It's been eight bitter years since I've been seeing your face
And you're walking away, and I will die in this place"

When they finally meet at the funeral, she just walks away when it's over.
"And we all get together when we bury our friends"
Another line that points in that direction.

However, I think that all concept songs also have an emotional meaning in the separate lines.
"Well you can hide a lot about yourself
But honey what are you gonna do?
And you can sleep in a coffin,
But the past ain't through with you"

Even if you hide your emotions to other people, you still have to deal with them yourself.
And hiding away from the world won't help you to get over your past.

"'Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends"
I think it's about deceitfulness, people pretend that they care about you when they really don't.

"So tell me all about your problems,
I was killing before killing was cool.
You're so cool, you're so cool, so cool"

Oh man, I love these lines.
I think it's a way to tell someone to stop complaining and being such an attentionseeker, cause you have a lot bigger problems yourself. The "you're so cool" line seems to be extremely sarcastic.
StandUpEffingTall!
Killjoy
StandUpEffingTall!
December 26th, 2008 at 09:35pm
I think this is about someone who lost a friend due to murder. And now he is pissed at the murderer and he wants to see his friend again. So why kill all your friends?????
TheUnspokenTruth
Killjoy
TheUnspokenTruth
December 30th, 2008 at 09:30pm
I personaly think this song is about a small group of friends who only get together and 'party' when a close friend dies... I think that pretty much explains the whole song for me. Smile Thats my idea of it anyway. I may be totally wrong.
icyplut007
Killjoy
icyplut007
December 31st, 2008 at 12:54pm
I absolutely love this song <3
I have kind of a different interpretation of it than most people... i dont know if something like this has said before so sorry if it has.

I think it’s about people changing. It’s pretty much about how there was this group of friends who were really close and completely trusted eachother and it was them against the world. They didn’t suck up and conform to the ways of society, but instead they stood back and laughed at its face. They were just teenagers of course, searching for themselves, searching for a purpose in life as we all are. And they all said that they’d never grow away from what they believed, that they’d never leave their friendship and conform to the ways of society. But one by one, all of the friends died, taken away by what they said they never wanted to be. And you’re left to sit back and watch as the world kills all your friends. And all you can do is never let them take you alive.

Well you can hide a lot about yourself
But honey what are you gonna do?
[you can hide who you really are but what good is that?]
And you can sleep in a coffin
But the past ain’t through with you,
[you can pretend your true self is dead, but those of us you left behind will always miss you]
’Cause we are all a bunch of liars
Tell me baby who do you wanna be?
[we're all fakes, you can just pretend to be anyone you want]
And we are all about to sell it
’Cause its tragic with a capital ‘T’
Let it be, Let it be, LET IT BE!
[we all just try to sell ourselves as being better than we are. and even though its horrible, we just go with the flow]

’Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends
[we all just want to enjoy life and forget the past]
[we only hang out when we can be under false pretense]
Its been 8 bitter years since I’ve been seeing your face
[not literally but figuratively... its been 8 years since ive been seeing who you really are]
And you’re walking away
And I will die in this place
[youre walking away from yourself, but i will never change. i will die true to myself]

Sometimes you scrape and sink so low,
I'm shocked at what you're capable of.
[you become such a horrible person i cant believe it]
And if this is a coronation
I ain’t feeling the love
[you totally left me behind. none of your emotions are true]
’Cause we are all a bunch of animals
And never paid attention in school
[we used to never pay attention to what everyone at school thought]

So tell me all about your problems
I was killing before killing was cool
You’re so cool, you’re so cool [SO COOL]
[i really think this is a refrence to the notorious emo. its like saying, i had problems before it was the "cool thing" to be emotional and express yourself]

’Cause we all wanna party when a funeral ends
Its been 9 bitter years since I’ve been seeing your face
And you walking away and I will die in this place

You’ll never take me alive, you’ll never take me alive
Do what it takes to survive ‘cause I’m still here
You’ll never get me alive, you’ll never take me alive
Do what it takes to survive and I’m still here
You’ll never take me alive, you’ll never get me alive.
Do what it takes to survive and I’m still here
You’ll never get me [Get me!], you’ll never take me [Take me!]
You'll never get me alive!
[i will never let society take me. like vampires will never hurt you <3]

’Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends
Its been 10 fucking years since
I’ve been seeing your face ‘round here
And you’re walking away and I will drown in the fear.
[im so scared that they will make me one of them]

idk if thats what the song is supposed to mean, but that's what it means to me, and it applies to my life very well and therefore means a lot to me.
ILOVEFRANKIERO333
Killjoy
ILOVEFRANKIERO333
January 28th, 2009 at 12:45pm
i think its just how the theme is plus he could of been really gd friends with some pne and then they got into a fight ten he just felt like that or it could be yours Clap Clap Clap
yousawnothing
Jazz Hands
yousawnothing
January 28th, 2009 at 12:56pm
I agree with icyplut007
icyplut007:
all of the friends died, taken away by what they said they never wanted to be. And you’re left to sit back and watch as the world kills all your friends. And all you can do is never let them take you alive.
The 'dying' is metaphorical, not literal, and means who you really are dying, your personality, which has been taken over by conforming to other's values.
I think it's about fake/fickle friends, and the fact that they only get together at really bad times, such as a funeral, but they're not even serious about it as they want to party and have a good time when it ends. I think the 8/9/10 years part is about the fact that it never changes, and the 'friends' never change, no matter how many chances you give them. "Tell me baby who do you wanna be?" is telling a fickle girlfriend/friend to make up their mind and decide on something.
Also, the line 'You'll never take me alive/Do what it takes to survive and I'm still here" is about standing up for what you believe in, no matter what everyone else tells you to do.
angels_of_unknown_99
Killjoy
angels_of_unknown_99
February 18th, 2009 at 09:29pm
I have two ideas that have probably been said already, but I haven't read all the posts on here (no enough time...D) so here goes.
I think by "friends" Gerard could be referring to his drug and alcohol addctions. If this makes any sense, A&D could seem like friends when you start out but then your realize it's actually ruining our life. And when you finally get rid of the addiction, you wanna "party when the funeral ends."
Also, he could be talking about those backstabbing "friends" we have during highschool who pretend to like you and what not but then stab you in the back. And you can't help but feel happy when they die, in a way?
Sorry, that was confusing huh...?

RIght. Forgot to say that when it goes "you'll never take me alive..." he could be saying that the drugs won't kill him, he'll get out of the habit.
Kyelinn
Killjoy
Kyelinn
February 22nd, 2010 at 02:18pm
yousawnothing:
I agree with icyplut007
icyplut007:
all of the friends died, taken away by what they said they never wanted to be. And you’re left to sit back and watch as the world kills all your friends. And all you can do is never let them take you alive.
The 'dying' is metaphorical, not literal, and means who you really are dying, your personality, which has been taken over by conforming to other's values.
I think it's about fake/fickle friends, and the fact that they only get together at really bad times, such as a funeral, but they're not even serious about it as they want to party and have a good time when it ends. I think the 8/9/10 years part is about the fact that it never changes, and the 'friends' never change, no matter how many chances you give them. "Tell me baby who do you wanna be?" is telling a fickle girlfriend/friend to make up their mind and decide on something.
Also, the line 'You'll never take me alive/Do what it takes to survive and I'm still here" is about standing up for what you believe in, no matter what everyone else tells you to do.

I think this interpretation right here makes perfect sense. The song title can really throw you off certainly, but I very highly and strongly doubt that this is a song about actually killing your friends. The connotations above truly make the most sense to me. That's pretty much the way I've interpreted the song myself. I don't really see it as Gee's past in high school or actually some guy killing all his friends or whatever I've seen people posting in here.

These are metaphors:

"And you can sleep in a coffin,
But the past ain't through with you"

"Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends
And we all get together when we bury our friends"

And

"I was killing before killing was cool"

This is all not meant to be taken in a literal sense. It's all metaphorical. Just use your brains and think about it for awhile instead of jumping to conclusion that it's actually about some dude killing all his friends, etc... MCR is all about using metaphors in their lyrics.