Don't have an account? Create one!

On-line relationships

AuthorMessage
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
October 18th, 2007 at 10:01pm
Online relationships...are wonderful, they really are quite enjoyable^__^. But that's only if you can handle them and are not that insecure of a person...It can be painful to long to be by someone's side only to not be able to. It hurts not to be able to hold that person close when they're upset, to whisper into their ear that everything will be okay... I've been in a few on-line relationships and I always ended them for superficial reasons; I couldn't handle the distance...But they're beautiful, they really are...There's no reason to shy away from them, but if they're not for you they're not for you... I'm not against them but I don't think I could handle one right now^__^.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 19th, 2007 at 05:00am
I have to say, I did something along the lines once. I met a guy online who lived about an hour away, and we eventually met. It was a great relationship.

It's not easy for everyone to find someone right for them/ The internet opens so many doors...
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 19th, 2007 at 06:09am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
I have to say, I did something along the lines once. I met a guy online who lived about an hour away, and we eventually met. It was a great relationship.

It's not easy for everyone to find someone right for them/ The internet opens so many doors...

well i just think of those horror stories you hear on the news of a 15 year old guy having a online relationship with a 56 year old man that's pretending to be14
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 19th, 2007 at 06:24am
Haha, well of course people need to be careful. My advice:

Have the person take a specific pic: like next to a street sign or holding something, to prove they are real.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 19th, 2007 at 06:38am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:

Have the person take a specific pic: like next to a street sign or holding something, to prove they are real.
what if they photoshop it?
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
October 19th, 2007 at 06:51am
online relationships are way over exaggerated.
i see nothing wrong with it. me and my boyfriend started out in a online relationship (we still kinda are) not a dating website but a normal website, we both thought the other was cool and talked.

but if you're gonna have one, you need to make sure who you're talking to, there's a extreme risk. with photoshoped pics, this happens a lot less then people seem to think, myspace is being watched carefully, more so then ever.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 19th, 2007 at 06:59am
illustrated_romance:
DIE! DIE! DIE!:

what if they photoshop it?

There is a less chance of that happening of you ask for something largly specific. Im not saying it couldn't go wrong, but it makes online relationships safer.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 05:11pm
I find the internet so... insincere, so I wouldn't be able to have proper commitment and stuff over the net.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
October 19th, 2007 at 10:19pm
fullmetalfreek:
I think its okay...but then again I dont because there are so many perverts out there and you could be talking to one. Smile

Couldn't agree with you more.
I mean call me a hyprocrite or whatever but I have a bebo and myspace, but I never talk to guys I don't know for that reason^^
I mean yes i understand some pervs can make out to be 14 year old girls to talk to other girls, but for some reason i trust girls more than guys.

I would never start a proper relationship on the net though because it would well.. annoy me because I couldn't give him proper hugs, kisses etc.

I've meet some really good friends on the internet though, I've met my bestfriend on the net, i totally trust her because first of all we swapped numbers and it's defiantetly her because her voice matches with her age, also i've talked to her mum and her sis on the phone and seen her on webcam. We send each other bday pressies and crimbo pressies and cards every year and try to talk to each other as much as possible and i couldn't honestly imagine my life without her.

So yeah online relationships are not all bad if you're looking for friendships in my opinion.

If you meet someone on the net though just be weary if they want to meet up swap phone numbers first, you can learn a lot from a phone call.
Firefly.
Salute You in Your Grave
Firefly.
October 22nd, 2007 at 08:18pm
They are hard, mainly because if your only method of communication is by writing, they can pretend to be whomever they want.
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
October 22nd, 2007 at 11:11pm
It's not something I'd do, personally.
But I don't have anything against the people that do, as long as they're careful.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
October 25th, 2007 at 03:17am
I don't think online relationships are good. but you do have fun.
Afterall, you're typing in info about yourself in boxes that other people will read without ever getting the chance to meet you, myspace as an example!
especially if the person is in another country
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
October 27th, 2007 at 08:02am
Well, I have plenty of very friendly relationships on the 'net - like my whole LiveJournal f-list? Those guys have seen me through more drama and tough times than anyone irl as. And people like MJLS? I love them, and she's like my sister, even though we've never met!

But actual relationships, like dating or whatnot? No, I don't put much faith in those.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 27th, 2007 at 01:41pm
Online friendships are great.
I have no problem with them.

But actual 'loving' relationships.
You don't have the closeness of a real relationship.
And you can't do coupley things.
herecomesthesoundX
Killjoy
herecomesthesoundX
November 18th, 2007 at 01:16am
i think the internet is actually one of the best ways to meet a person...
everyones more open about themselves online.
and you see the persons personality BEFORE you see what they look like. so you wont be judged...
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
November 18th, 2007 at 05:01am
It's hard for me to know how to handle online relationships. I haven't had one, but I know people who have. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

It's true that, under certain circumstances, you can see more of a person's personality in the way they treat people online, but this can be kind of a double-edged sword. You can see people's interests more clearly, but you can also see just how much of a bitch/bastard they can be in the way they treat other people, like on message boards or something. You might not see just how annoying and mean a person can be until they become embroiled in a flame war on a message board. (And I say this from personal experience... Who'd've thought that Dostoevsky could be so dramatic? Wink )
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 18th, 2007 at 04:06pm
druscilla; drowning:
I'm in an online relationship.
It's hard as hell.
You have to be comitted and it's about wanting the person and not a person.
I think as long as you know the person and you're not a twelve-year-old who is going to end up getting raped by a fifty-year-old it's all right.

The world is evolving and the internet is a major form of communication.
It's only logical that people start using it for relationships.

Also, non-romantically, all of my friends are internet friends.

I agree with that. On-line relationships can be very dangerous. I think that the websites should do monitoring so like a 45 year old man and a 14 year old girl don't get matched, the guy convinces the girl to meet him somewhere, then kidnaps and rapes her.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 18th, 2007 at 06:07pm
^That happens alot..
theholly
Fabulous Killjoy
theholly
November 18th, 2007 at 11:31pm
I don't think that a reltionship can really work online, not a proper relationship. I know people do have them, and for some people they do work, but I don't see how it can be very good. Not being able to be with them if you really loved them would just be awful. Plus if you met this person online there is always that possibility they're a peodophile [probably spelt wrong] and that they are just building up a relationship so that they can meet you and then it could all go wrong.. But if this is a person you have met or know are who you think they are, I still don't think an online reltionship can really work. There would have to be an awful lot of trust involved to make it work, because you don't know if they could be seeing someone else in real life, or they could even be having several online relationships and telling all of you how special you are etc. I know it works for some people, but I wouldn't be able to manage it.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
November 24th, 2007 at 03:52am
^ um too much language (keep it to a minimum)

i think online relationships are difficult because it has many problems with it too.
*The person you could be talking to could be a sex offender
*You might devolp a relationship but it will most likely not work out if you dont meet the person
*Meeting the person is a hard part too for some
*Real love or not. the person could just be faking about love

i was watching a show once and there was a woman who had an online relationship with a guy from the caribean and she really trusted him. He said he "loved" her. So he visited her and she gave him her money and her house to share (this includes credit cards). One night she went out and he left and flew back to his country taking all her wealth. And the guys ex wife called saying he hooks up with women for there money.
so there is another problem too

Yes there are many problems with online relationships but if you can maintain and online relationship its perfectly fine. Like if you know whats going on whats going to happen and how healthy the relationship really is then its fine.