Don't have an account? Create one!

On-line relationships

AuthorMessage
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 5th, 2007 at 04:41pm
reign_in_pain:
I think online relationships are rather useless. And creepy!

How is love ever useless?
And please elaborate on "creepy".
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
March 5th, 2007 at 04:54pm

I said relationships not love....I'm not sure how it's useless...I'm confused...
'creepy'= you can't tell for sure if the person is who they say they are, plus, many people act differently online than in the real world
Pop Rocks and Coke!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Pop Rocks and Coke!
March 5th, 2007 at 07:21pm
I just don't think that on-line relationships are worth all the stress

your constantly worrying about wither or not the person is seeing another person behind your back and of course if you ask them then they'er just going to deny it completely because they don't want to lose you or lose your trust and you know...

Personaly I would never get invloved in a on-line relationship i perfer person to person unless while your dating they happen to move away but even then I think it would be a good idea to break it off and just stay good friends...
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 5th, 2007 at 10:20pm
reign_in_pain:

I said relationships not love....I'm not sure how it's useless...I'm confused...
'creepy'= you can't tell for sure if the person is who they say they are, plus, many people act differently online than in the real world

Some relationships have love.
I wouldn't have fallen in love with my fiance if it weren't for my relationship.
And my fiance doesn't act different in real life than she does online.

xLost.Love.Foreverx:
I just don't think that on-line relationships are worth all the stress

your constantly worrying about wither or not the person is seeing another person behind your back and of course if you ask them then they'er just going to deny it completely because they don't want to lose you or lose your trust and you know...

I wouldn't date someone I don't trust, internet or face-to-face.
I've never worried about my fiance cheating on me.
Roye
Killjoy
Roye
March 6th, 2007 at 12:54am
it's decide to your attitude~

though it's very difficult , try your best ~

I also think there r much friendship on the internet.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
March 6th, 2007 at 02:08am
I think, that if you're able to maintain an online relationship honestly, then good luck to you. I think that as long as you're happy about it, then why not go ahead?
A lot of people though need some form of physicality in their relationship.
As long as your happy without it (until you meet, I suppose) then I don't see why it should be stopped.

There's something wrong, though, with an online relationship between say, a forty-eight year old man, and fifteen-year-old girl.
That's what's happened in the news lately.
The girl was murdered on a beach, but on her MySpace and shizz, she was communicating with a man of that age, who lived interstate, telling him how much she loved him.
The man (and his son) are accused of the murder.
That relationship, to me, is a different type of paedophilia, really.
porcelain-star
Fabulous Killjoy
porcelain-star
March 6th, 2007 at 04:54am
i think they rock, example me and joel ^__^
I met him on msn, we r gonna meet up. but its totally safe, friend of a friend. online relationships are ok i reckon if they r safe
Death in Wonderland
Fabulous Killjoy
Death in Wonderland
March 6th, 2007 at 08:47pm
hhhmmmm...
I have about four girlfriends
and two wifes...
and like...
one boyfriend...
but I really think
It's okay...

mmmmhhhhmmmm...
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 6th, 2007 at 10:22pm
XSuicideGirlX:
hhhmmmm...
and two wifes...
and like...
one boyfriend...
but I really think
It's okay...

mmmmhhhhmmmm...

We're talking real relationships here.
Not INO marriages and whatnot.
Death in Wonderland
Fabulous Killjoy
Death in Wonderland
March 7th, 2007 at 08:23am
druscilla_way:
XSuicideGirlX:
hhhmmmm...
and two wifes...
and like...
one boyfriend...
but I really think
It's okay...

mmmmhhhhmmmm...

We're talking real relationships here.
Not INO marriages and whatnot.
okay then...
I think on-line
relationships are
fine!!!
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 7th, 2007 at 09:04am
Yeah, but you have to make sure you're safe if someone you met online wants to meet you face-to-face.
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
March 7th, 2007 at 10:24am
I'm a little iffy about online relationships. I personally would never do it. But, there are people who meet online and do wind up married.

But, I think it's kind of lame if a kid my age is dating someone far away they've never met before.

My exboyfriend lives in South Carolina and is now dating this girl he's never met in Alabama. I think it's a little weird and lame, but I'll support him if he's happy.
Death in Wonderland
Fabulous Killjoy
Death in Wonderland
March 8th, 2007 at 08:23am
billy99:
Yeah, but you have to make sure you're safe if someone you met online wants to meet you face-to-face.

yeah...
that is true...
but what if they
were from like...
Canada or some
place like that????
These are the quetions that
haunt my
mind everyday....
yes...
I am taking this seriously...

Mush
Bleeding on the Floor
Mush
March 8th, 2007 at 08:27am
TheWildRose:
i think they rock, example me and joel ^__^
I met him on msn, we r gonna meet up. but its totally safe, friend of a friend. online relationships are ok i reckon if they r safe

I think so too. If they're safe. And you should meet him/her sometimes.
abbyMURDERTRAMP
Jazz Hands
abbyMURDERTRAMP
March 8th, 2007 at 09:56am
Sammie:
I think it can be good and bad at the same time.
You don't really know the person you are speaking to. It could be a 50 year old guy who pretending to be 15. You have to be really careful. But saying that, you don't really know the person you meet at the pub/club or whatever.
i think having a webcam helps. Because then you can see who you are taling to and they can see you.
Anyone involved in a online relationship just be careful that the person is who they say they are.

Even tho webcam may help, who knows, they could be working for an adult. I know it sounds lame, but my mum said that even tho they seem and act nice they could be planning with an older adult to rape/abuse you.

Like when i add people i don't know.
I only properly get talking if they have webcam, just to trust them a bit more.
But i am still uneasy on the whole internet thing.

But, it's is kinda up to you.
Some people you meet are the nicest people ever and you can end up falling madly inlove with them.
I guess if your willing, take a risk.
Smile
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
March 8th, 2007 at 11:32am
intoxicated.:
I'm a little iffy about online relationships. I personally would never do it. But, there are people who meet online and do wind up married.

But, I think it's kind of lame if a kid my age is dating someone far away they've never met before.

My exboyfriend lives in South Carolina and is now dating this girl he's never met in Alabama. I think it's a little weird and lame, but I'll support him if he's happy.

I dated someone when I was 16 who lived in Australia and was 25 years old. It wasn't lame, if gave me confidence to have someone to close to me even though I couldn't see him. I also, after that guy, fell madly in love with someone from Chicago who was 19. We never met, but god that boy was so amazing...he was so hard to get over, you'd think I'd known him IRL. Love can happen whenevber, whoever, and whereever.
AmberGirl
Killjoy
AmberGirl
March 8th, 2007 at 04:28pm
The.Blue.Kitten:
Anyone want to share their opinions and thoughts on on-line relationships? Like is it okay for someone in texas to go out with someone in michigan? (just and example, im from jersey)

I think that online relationship r a bad overall idea. First the whole how do you know that it isn't a 48 year old guy who lives in his mom's basement. Second, it won't last. C'mon there is no way of knowing if they r being faithful.
loaded_gun
Jazz Hands
loaded_gun
March 8th, 2007 at 07:30pm
I_Love_Revenge:
The.Blue.Kitten:
Anyone want to share their opinions and thoughts on on-line relationships? Like is it okay for someone in texas to go out with someone in michigan? (just and example, im from jersey)

I think that online relationship r a bad overall idea. First the whole how do you know that it isn't a 48 year old guy who lives in his mom's basement. Second, it won't last. C'mon there is no way of knowing if they r being faithful.

Not all are bad, some people are trustworthy. You have to have the connection. How do you know your boyfriend at school isn't being faithful? Huh? You just never know.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 8th, 2007 at 10:21pm
I_Love_Revenge:
The.Blue.Kitten:

My fiance and I have been together for nearly ten months, engaged for over three.
I trust her.
I have no reason not to.
I agree with the person above me, everyone has the potential to cheat, not just internet partners.
And I know she's not a 48-year-old guy who lives in her mother's basement because I've met her, kissed her, held her hand, and proposed to her.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
March 8th, 2007 at 10:41pm
Depends what kind of internet relationship you have - like my dad met his fiancee online but that was on a dating site where they swapped pictures and talked before they met up - i think this kind is fine

also you need to talk online first if you've met them there to see if you'll get along etc. If you are going to do it and meet up then be safe about it, meet in a very public place, never alone. if you are worried take a friend who stays out of sight.

Online relationships can be good if you never meet as well, you have someone who makes you feel better, who listens to you etc. You just have to be careful about what they say - if they start talking dirty all of a sudden then that's gotta make you wonder about what kind of person they are.

it's all down to safety and personal judgement.